Type keyword(s) to search

Spec with Spoilers: Everyone is Both Southern & Charming!

• Start Topic

I remember that last season Craig was talking about studying for the bar, but I noticed in this episode he never STATED that he passed it. Does anyone know if he is an actual lawyer at that firm, or just a paralegal?

Maybe I have the timeline wrong...I think Craig graduated last June. This was filmed in late summer/early fall. In the preview Craig says the bar exam is in February. So, I'm assuming just last month? I wonder if he passed. I'm curious how his story plays out.

Explainitagain, I think Craig had been preparing to take the July exam. If he is talking about taking it in February, that would make me think he failed the first time and retook it in February. 

I think Thomas' place is on Edisto Island. I wonder why a real estate developer would sell his town place, which makes no sense to me unless he owns another in-town residence and they are pretending he only lives at the plantation.

Sounds like he just bought an in-town place.  I posted an article in his thread.  He, apparently, is bashing Cameran?  Has their relationship been tumultuous in the past?

Explainitagain, I think Craig had been preparing to take the July exam. If he is talking about taking it in February, that would make me think he failed the first time and retook it in February.

It doesn't seem like he passed. If you search for his name in the "members" search on the South Carolina bar website nothing comes up. So unless he was taking another state's bar, no dice.

I wonder if they'll show the footage of naked T-Rav accusing Kathryn and her hairstylist of smoking pot by the pool and his throwing the hairstylist out of his house, while Kathryn states that he will have to buy her a new bag to make up for his behavior? It happened during filming, although I'm thinking that the cameras weren't there- although the hairstylist has phone video footage. 

• Love 1

It doesn't seem like he passed. If you search for his name in the "members" search on the South Carolina bar website nothing comes up. So unless he was taking another state's bar, no dice.

Bar results don't get released until 2-3 months after the exam, so February's not out. But regarding taking it in July - it seemed like he was saying that he took a break and waited until February to take it, instead of taking it in July with most of his class. I've known people that have done that. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if Craig is trying to make it sound like that to cover up that he failed. 

• Love 1

Craig indicated on his Twitter that he's studying for the bar exam now and is scheduled to take it this summer. If I were being generous, I would say that they weren't sure if or when they would start filming season two by the time Craig finished law school so I can understand why he wouldn't have scheduled the exam until he had a better idea of what his filming obligations/PR crud were going to be. Having that uncertainty hanging over his head wouldn't be conducive to productive studying nor would the actual filming. It would be funny if he actually took it last summer and passed and this is just a Bravo story line created to give Craig a personality.

• Love 3

I waited to take the Bar exam in MA until February because I like my summers and knew that I would be less distracted if I took it in February. So, I can relate to Craig in some sense; however waiting over a year post graduation could be rough. Personally, I loved studying for the Bar because I was able to take six weeks off from work at the firm I was employed by and simply focused on passing the Bar. He may be an awesome test taker, but the Bar is not really a test most people can just go in and wing it. I wish him the best of luck.

Kathryn should not be characterized as a shameless strumpet. She's far more mature than Thomas and does appear to be a good mother. She's a gorgeous girl and you can tell she was raised with some manners.

Shep & Cameran are just a breath of fresh air. I really hope they show more of Shep's house in construction and his bar/hotdog joint.

• Love 5
Kathryn should not be characterized as a shameless strumpet. She's far more mature than Thomas and does appear to be a good mother. She's a gorgeous girl and you can tell she was raised with some manners.

I can agree with this. I sort of wish JD's wife, with four kids, could mentor her and help her as a new mom. If Thomas had kept the house on Church Street it might have been a lot easier for Kathryn to accept her transition from bar star to mother. I don't think she would have been running out to happy hour every day, either. 

• Love 3

I think Thomas sold that house for two reasons. One, to have cash in hand for his campaign. Two, to put Kathryn out on the plantation to keep her in check. I really wish she'd start flirting with someone in front of him, as he's done with her in this episode with Jen, to make him jealous to the point of appreciating her a little more. If he reacts the opposite, then she knows he's never going to be there for her.

• Love 2

I wonder if they'll show the footage of naked T-Rav accusing Kathryn and her hairstylist of smoking pot by the pool and his throwing the hairstylist out of his house, while Kathryn states that he will have to buy her a new bag to make up for his behavior? It happened during filming, although I'm thinking that the cameras weren't there- although the hairstylist has phone video footage.

Wait, WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes oh yes oh Please Jesus I've been a good girl this year.

Craig indicated on his Twitter that he's studying for the bar exam now and is scheduled to take it this summer. If I were being generous, I would say that they weren't sure if or when they would start filming season two by the time Craig finished law school so I can understand why he wouldn't have scheduled the exam until he had a better idea of what his filming obligations/PR crud were going to be. Having that uncertainty hanging over his head wouldn't be conducive to productive studying nor would the actual filming. It would be funny if he actually took it last summer and passed and this is just a Bravo story line created to give Craig a personality.

Nothing could ever give Craig a personality.

• Love 8

I had heard about Thomas falling into the pool drunk while holding the baby, from other sources. That horrified me. And hearing Kathryn reminding him of that... at a time when they had just filmed this season... makes me ill.

On the other side of the coin, if he was telling Kathryn's stylist to get out of his house, and she's the one who came up with these makeup and hairstyles we're seeing now... well.... you know....

• Love 6

Ask and ye shall receive---this is the infamous drunk/naked T-Rav video(sorry, his junk is blurred) that pretty much was the final nail in the coffin for his dying attempt to pursue political ambitions:

http://www.postandco.../PC16/141129514

How could that have been the final nail in coffin when he cremated his political ambitions in a large hail of fiery glory ages ago?

Who the hell walks around naked like that when there are other people in the house?  I'm really starting to fear for Kensie's future.  I don't want kids to be sent away to boarding school, but at this rate, that may be her best chance at a relatively "normal" childhood.

• Love 3

Ask and ye shall receive---this is the infamous drunk/naked T-Rav video(sorry, his junk is blurred) that pretty much was the final nail in the coffin for his dying attempt to pursue political ambitions:

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20141126/PC16/141129514

I almost had a coronary because I couldn't get it to play, but thanks to Google, I found another site with the video, lol.

I love how Thomas is just wandering around with his junk on display.  It lessens your authority when ordering people out of your house.

(edited)

I almost had a coronary because I couldn't get it to play, but thanks to Google, I found another site with the video, lol.

I love how Thomas is just wandering around with his junk on display. It lessens your authority when ordering people out of your house.

I'm guessing he's one of those folks who gets naked and comfy after a few too many drinks? I'm shocked neither of the gals in the video didn't burst out laughing while saying, "Dude, put your clothes on!"(maybe he just likes to show off the little TRod, especially to female houseguests?) Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 1

How did no one mention the fact that he was naked in the video?! lol. I'd be mortified if that were my husband, and I'd also not be okay with my friends seeing his penis. Kathryn did not bat an eyelash, nor did her friend. I'm guessing this is something he does? Which, wtf??

• Love 1

I think Thomas sold that house for two reasons. One, to have cash in hand for his campaign. Two, to put Kathryn out on the plantation to keep her in check. I really wish she'd start flirting with someone in front of him, as he's done with her in this episode with Jen, to make him jealous to the point of appreciating her a little more. If he reacts the opposite, then she knows he's never going to be there for her.

I read that Thomas sold the downtown house to satisfy a tax lien.

• Love 4

Bar results don't get released until 2-3 months after the exam, so February's not out. But regarding taking it in July - it seemed like he was saying that he took a break and waited until February to take it, instead of taking it in July with most of his class. I've known people that have done that. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if Craig is trying to make it sound like that to cover up that he failed.

I wasn't sure if it was February 2014 or 2015 (I am not up

on the filming schedule). If he took it in 2015 you are right. July exam results usually come out in October so it wouldn't be time for this year's February results yet.

Shep was asked on Twitter about a week or so ago why Jenna was no longer on the show. Shep responded that he was good with Jenna but that Bravo found her too difficult. I am speculating that Jenna's relationship with the very married moneybags Lou was initially to have more of a storyline but when it came time to air he pulled whatever legal strings he could to minimize his participation on the show. There were reports that Lou had been promised that he wouldn't be shown and was furious when he made it to air. I have no idea if he's still married now but he was when season one originally aired.

• Love 5

Jenna and Whitney were LA friends  Whitney knew Jenna's situation. 

Jenna really didn't fit in with the crowd - and most of what was shown was fake - the rental house, the way she got her money, etc.  I also think the married guy didn't want to be part of the storyline and that left them with very little.

• Love 1

Jenna and Whitney were LA friends Whitney knew Jenna's situation.

Jenna really didn't fit in with the crowd - and most of what was shown was fake - the rental house, the way she got her money, etc. I also think the married guy didn't want to be part of the storyline and that left them with very little.

Also, she moved back to LA as soon as the show quit shooting to follow around some rockstar she was dating/lived with for a year. She's now so deeply entrenched in some weird LA scene that it wouldn't even have made sense to have her go back on the show filming in Charleston for yet another summer in a rental house while pretending to be rich and making her own money, and being oddly cagey about her actual background and circumstances outside of the show.

I don't think Cameran is all that nice to K.  She wouldn't be encouraging her to pick out an engagement ring and tell T-Rav to pay for it if she was a friend.  Cameran wouldn't give that bad advice to a true friend.

• Love 3

That was a very contrived reality TV moment, or a really bad joke on Cameran's part. I was also struck by how unkind it was. Kathryn is serious about wanting a legitimate family unit (marriage) with Thomas, so Cam shouldn't be throwing it in Kathryn's face that she still hasn't got a ring.

• Love 1

Because Bravo editing is wonderfully whackadoodle, I've pieced together a real life/realtime timeline of certain events because watching this season is making me OCD and I need the perspective.

9/26/14 Cooper's Founders' Ball

10/17/14 T-Rav allegedly assaulted Kathryn's hairdresser and stylist

10/20/14 stylist files police report

10/26/14 T-Rav and Kathryn breakup on Facebook. Posts have long since been deleted T-Rav writes that Kathryn wouldn't come home from an away filming Bravo shoot to help clear his name. Kathryn writes that it is best for her to be apart from him at this time.

11/4/14 Election Day. Thomas garners a stunning 4%.

11/7/14 Bravo & Patricia host a benefit for the Wounded Warrior Project on the USS Yorktown. Kathryn is filmed running after Thomas.

11/26/14 Charleston police drop assault charges and find them without merit. Charleston police release cellphone footage of a naked Thomas confronting the stylist.

• Love 8

There's too much stupid in this episode. I'm surprised it can function.

Wanna hear some rumors? RUMORS being the operative word, I definitely can't confirm any truth in these whatsoever.

1. Craig doesn't live in Charleston anymore. He definitely thinks he's outgrown Chucktown. He planned on taking the bar this summer but that's been put on hold again while he jet-sets around.

2. Cameron is pregnant.

3. Y'all are right....T-Rav and Kathryn were not together while they were filming, hence the wonky editing and her showing up on various couches downtown because she didn't want to go back up to Mama and Daddy's in Berkeley county.

Let me reiterate....RUMORS....a friend of a friend of a bartender's friend, etc. Y'all know how it is here.

• Love 13

Ooh, I live for these sort of rumors, SweetCaroline! More please.

Well, I think the most disappointing thing I've heard is that the "Shep is mature and looking to settle down" plotline is mostly fabricated because of family concern for the way he was being portrayed 1st season as a ne'er do well trust-fund playboy. Whitney went along with it because he has almost as big a renob for Shep as he does T-Rav. So while he may be more mature he's not ready to wife up.

Edited by SweetCaroline
  • Love 6

Ooooh, this sort of gossip gives me life, OnceSane. If I remember correctly, from listening and watching the cell phone video that the allegedly assaulted stylist took, T- Rav accused Kathryn of smoking pot. At the end of the video, the stylist says to Kathryn " you know he's going to look in your purse." Interesting. I'm thinking now that the assault charge may have been used to shift focus off Kathryn on to T-Rav. Those two nut buckets deserve each other.

• Love 1
(edited)

Speaking of season 3, if Kathryn and Landon could smoke the peace pipe, they might make a good team in a pop-up store selling trendy home decor and fashion. Kathryn could also work with Landon on events. Thomas could bankroll Kathryn's half so she'd have something to do other than partying. Their "celebrity" might be enough to get customers in the door although everything would probably have ridiculous markups that few would be willing to pay. But it works for the Kardashians, I guess...

Seriously, if those two want a third season, they need to come up with a story. Watching them be single girls in the Charleston party scene might be one way to go. Bring Craig back as Kathryn's potential love interest and step-dad to Kensie, to Thomas' horror. I'd watch.

And, what will Whitney do when he can't spend his time gossiping about and fighting with Kathryn for Thomas's love?

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 2

How and where did you hear it, Cooks? I know Cooper tweeted something but I thought he was just talking out of his ass. If it's true, this makes me very happy. If, and this is a big if, if Cameran is pregnant I can see them hurriedly filming before she starts to show. If her husband didn't want to be part of the show I can't imagine that he'd want his infant child mixed up in the SC insanity. Again, big if.

(edited)

Great news!

Perhaps they will announce it at the reunion, though does that mean they filmed this reunion while they were filming season 3?

Edited by scrb

Great news!

Perhaps they will announce it at the reunion, though does that mean they filmed this reunion while they were filming season 3?

They could have filmed the reunion right after filming of season two wrapped. From the one commercial I've seen, Thomas and Kathryn were at each other's throats. I've seen photos of him with Kensie from Easter, and Kathryn was there but not there... in that, she just brought the baby to see Thomas. Thomas had declared he would never appear on another Andy Cohen show a few weeks ago after that appearance where he seemed drunk, so we'll see.

• Love 1

So I began this season wondering if Craig had taken the bar and the show revealed that he did not take the bar in July right after he graduated. And then the end of the episode last night had him heading him home - roughly around mid-November since it was two weeks after the election - to study for the bar. If he had sat for the February Bar and passed, I am sure there would have been some sort of social media posting about it. Plus Bar Exam prep generally starts two to three months prior to the exam. So why return home in November to study for a July exam??

But I believe I read somewhere that he was just now FINALLY prepping for the July Bar exam. My guess is...he sat for February and failed. And now that they are filming Season 3,  his role in the show will be him finally buckling down and getting serious about his law career as he studies for the bar.

If the filming got in the way of him preparing for the bar in the fall/winter, would filming now get into the way of studying now?

Craig said he blew a potential 6-figure income but he may be getting that on the show.

Or at least on a pro rated basis, say he got $40-50k or more for 4 months of filming and promotional activities.