Type keyword(s) to search

Spec with Spoilers: Everyone is Both Southern & Charming!

• Start Topic

Bravo doesn't pay that much for these types of shows. Unless you're a housewife who starts fights in public. However, if the public wants to see someone on the show, such as Thomas, he could use that as a bargaining chip for more money. Not that he needs it, but he does need some good PR.

Considering Thomas' level of publicity issues he'd probably do better to either not be on the show, or step back and take a second string role, like JD or Patricia. Might keep his life more drama free if he simply stayed out of the public eye. Gives people time to get over and forget. For me, he was the least interesting person all season because of the political campaign. To me that's boring tv; I'd watch CNN or something, because bullshit speeches and handshaking do nothing for me. Hell, that 'scandal' with the hairdresser/stylist went nowhere....even after Whitney tried planting the seed that Kathryn was the mastermind behind it. Methinks someone behind the scenes was trying to liven things up. Regardless, Thomas never was going to win that election, and I have no idea who he was trying to kid. At least at the end he finally realized he'd wasted so much money. Didn't someone in his campaign keep an eye on numbers and all that? That's what those people are supposed to do..

• Love 1

I believe that was Amy's job. Go figure.

He said recently that if he ever thought about running for office again, he'd start flushing $100 bills down the toilet until he came to his senses. I think his political days are over. But, he can still do public service type of things in Charleston if that's where his heart's at.

• Love 1
(edited)

If Bravo wants to call me in to plot out Season 3, I'm willing. I can see Landon and Kathryn joining forces as I wrote above. Craig coming back to try to get something going with Kathryn and continue his frienemy war Shep. Whitney and Pat can sit around gossiping while trying to convince us that Whitney is straight. Maybe Dani can have a lead role of some sort. Cooper would have a few fun events. I'd like to see Shep fall for a woman who's a match for him in every way and more -- looks, brains, bank account, ambition, achievement -- and have to prove to her that he can stop being a man whore. It might be very Shakespearian. 

I don't know what to do with Thomas. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1

How and where did you hear it, Cooks? I know Cooper tweeted something but I thought he was just talking out of his ass. If it's true, this makes me very happy. If, and this is a big if, if Cameran is pregnant I can see them hurriedly filming before she starts to show. If her husband didn't want to be part of the show I can't imagine that he'd want his infant child mixed up in the SC insanity. Again, big if.

Maybe you're on to something.  Cameron tweeted this during last night's show:

https://twitter.com/cameraneubanks/status/603026645478408192

Cameran Eubanks @cameraneubanks  ·  20h 20 hours ago

Watch me get pregnant next week and make God laugh. #SouthernCharm

• Love 2

The story lines Bravo would feature would have to involve drama, conflict, confrontations.

They didn't stick too long with Shep building his house or Shep and Whitney rooming together other than the housewarming party because then they could film the entire cast together.  These stories about cast members just going forward with their lives doesn't make for drama.

If Thomas and Kathryn decide to stay away from each other, then maybe there's no reason for one or either of them to be on the show.

• Love 1

Thomas and Kathryn have to interact on a regular basis because of their daughter. I cannot imagine Thomas not seeing her. The house that Shep and Whitney rented is for sale and something tells me the owners are probably glad they are gone. What with Shep ironing his shirt on the surface of the nightstand. Craig may be the only one who's at a distance that we might just see snippets of. This would be a great opportunity to boost JD or Cooper into lead roles.

• Love 1

If Thomas and Kathryn decide to stay away from each other, then maybe there's no reason for one or either of them to be on the show.

My initial reaction was complete horror at the thought of neither one being on this show. But then my thoughts immediately went to how Stassi refused to film with Jax on Van Der Pump Rules and how disastrous that was...but it was disastrous for Stassi. She went from thinking she was the Queen Bee that COULD call the shots that she made herself obsolete--no one cared about her anymore once she took herself out of the drama. I think Andy learned his lesson with that one and won't stand for any more refusing to film with so-and-so clauses. Yet, I could see Thomas pulling a Stassi and tanking his importance on the show if he chose to disengage with Kathryn. Yet, if you believe what he's telling Andy, then he's done with TV altogether. (Then again, how many times has he been done with Kathryn and they get back together?!) But I think Kathryn would bring the drama with or without T-Rav, so, as much as I love me some T-Rav, I could see this show going on without him. Yet, without T-Rav I'm not sure how Kathryn fits in, as she's definitely shoe-horned in as T-Rav's baby mama. I don't know, I'm just hoping they're both in for season 3--and give me some more JD, too!

i, for one, would be very disappointed if t-rav is not on the show.

i enjoyed him the first season so much more.  it was light and airy.  i liked his polo matches  i want to see more of those scenes 

he and the season  were far too dark 

(edited)

The story lines Bravo would feature would have to involve drama, conflict, confrontations.

I know that Bravo believes that, but I wish for once they'd understand that we don't all want to see that, or at least not all the time. There's room for some fun conflict, but I'm so sick of the other shows (mostly I watched a few of the Housewives franchises) that I just gave up and only tune in to the NYC ladies now and then if I have nothing else to pass the time.

The thing that makes this show "charming" is that the cast is mostly well educated, have lovely homes, are an interesting mix, etc. I don't need to see Kathryn screaming any more. I'm tired of her antics and wish she'd grow up a little OR take some advice from a successful older gold-digger (you know who I mean) and really learn to play Thomas. THAT I'd watch, haha! But really, I liked watching the crew ride bikes and bicker over the route to the beach, or crack on the average age at their resort being 80. I like the charity events, parties in houses and bars, the visit to Craig's parents, and I even like Landon setting up her popup shop and interacting with her mom. The love triangle of Thomas-Kathryn-Whitney isn't the entire show for me and I don't want tables flipped or more birds flipped even. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 8
(edited)

I know that Bravo believes that, but I wish for once they'd understand that we don't all want to see that, or at least not all the time. There's room for some fun conflict, but I'm so sick of the other shows (mostly I watched a few of the Housewives franchises) that I just gave up and only tune in to the NYC ladies now and then if I have nothing else to pass the time.

The thing that makes this show "charming" is that the cast is mostly well educated, have lovely homes, are an interesting mix, etc. I don't need to see Kathryn screaming any more. I'm tired of her antics and wish she'd grow up a little OR take some advice from a successful older gold-digger (you know who I mean) and really learn to play Thomas. THAT I'd watch, haha! But really, I liked watching the crew ride bikes and bicker over the route to the beach, or crack on the average age at their resort being 80. I like the charity events, parties in houses and bars, the visit to Craig's parents, and I even like Landon setting up her popup shop and interacting with her mom. The love triangle of Thomas-Kathryn-Whitney isn't the entire show for me and I don't want tables flipped or more birds flipped even. 

ditto!! you said it so much better than i but its exactly how i feel

redhawk, you expressed my feelings exactly

Edited by jaybird2
  • Love 4

This is really random and I'm not sure where to put this, but I distinctly remember a scene in the preview for the entire season that I don't remember being on any of the episodes. It was a part in the previews where Cameran and someone else {Landon?} were eating lunch outside on a patio, talking about real estate. I think the other women was talking about doing real estate somewhere else {LA?} and Cameran says to the other woman, "Why don't you get into real estate here?" and Landon/whoever it was says kind of rudely, "Oh, everyone does real estate." 

Was that scene in any of the episodes??? Am I imagining things? 

• Love 2

Okay, here are some utterly random facts I gleaned from my relentless stalking of the cast on Twitter and Instagram:

1. In an interview with College Candy, when Shep was asked if there would be a season 3 and if so, would there be cast changes, he said, "I can't answer that. No offers for season 3 yet. It's complicated is what I'll say."

2. The cast has recently been hanging out in unusual groupings. Yesterday Jennifer (blurgh) Snowden ( blurgh) tweeted a picture of her and Cameran on a coffee date. Today Cameran, Pat and Cooper posted pics of this trio from a lunch date. Earlier this week Jennifer (blurgh) Snowden (blurgh) tweeted pics of Kathryn and T-Rav. Although snapped separately, you can tell from the background that T-Rav and Kath were photographed in the same place.

3. Shep was asked on Twitter if Craig was going to pass the bar and then come back and win over Kathryn. Shep replied "to my knowledge he has not signed up for it. Watch the reunion. It's amazing." He has said several times in various ways on Twitter that a fraction of Craig's bad behavior during filming actually made it to air.

4. FITS News (blurgh gag blurgh) reported 5/22 that T-Rav and Kath were recently seen dining together at The Wilcox, which is apparently an upscale hotel. The hideous FITS is run by the hideous Will Folks, T- Rav's former political consultant from season one, BTW. FITS is good for T-Rav stalking, though.

5. Cameran said on Twitter that her mother dated Shep's uncle when Cameran's mother was in college.

Useless, random information that I somehow felt compelled to peck out on my iPad.

• Love 10

Somebody somewhere saw Thomas and Kathryn out to dinner, fighting loudly. Yelling, causing a scene. Maybe for cameras? One can hope. I will bet you money Jennifer is added to the cast next season. She's "pulled a Kathryn" and wormed her way in.

• Love 2

I fear the same about Jennifer, too. I've been unofficially following her on Twitter since last summer and she damn near posted every interaction she had with the cast. I was afraid that she would have a much more significant role this season but I was thrilled when she was treated as little more than an extra.

• Love 1

Probably a good idea for the cast to hang out together and use social media to show they spend time together, at least for promoting the show.

Might also indicate that the cast is interested in the show continuing.

As for Jennifer, they kind of introduced her as a villain, with hints that she and Thomas may have slept together while he was suppose to be living with K.  But she seems more like a wannabe cast member, showing up at all events and so forth.  She needs to develop her own story lines, to be more than the shoulder K cries on.

Well I'll take Season 3 any way I can get it.

If that means more time filling with hangers-on like Jennifer, Danni, Cooper, JD and so on, that's fine.

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh God, please no.... they can't be that stupid.... can they???

Thomas won't stop until he has a son who will "carry on his name." I've always thought that if Kensie were a boy, there would have been a marriage.

If Kathryn is pregnant, my regard for her and Thomas will go down the drain. To bring yet another child into that dysfunctional mess is unconscionable. Unless the whole thing is a charade, they have no business cranking out more children.They appear not to take care of the one they have - I'm pretty sure the nannies and grandparents do all the work.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 5

Okay, now FITS (blurgh) is reporting that Kathryn and Thomas are together in Aiken. They are also saying that rumors are swirling that she's pregnant. Again.

Now that would make for an interesting season.  It would probably not be good for their lives, but would be good tv.  

I think I have to go and ponder what my proclivity for reality tv has done to my mind.

• Love 8

Well, that tells us who is responsible for giving the world Kathryn. This guy really has a Jones for her. He's been publishing about her for at least several years.

I know! Why didn't HE marry her?

• Love 1

Yeah that guy definitely gives off a lurky vibe... I thought he tries to present himself as some sort of legitimate political consultant? Yet he runs some sketchy gossip site that traffics in pregnancy rumors? Weird. 

• Love 1

I've lived in SC all of my adult life--went to high school in the suburbs of the Lowcountry where my parents still live, and my father (years ago) taught at the high school in Moncks Corner, where Kathryn graduated from.  

Anyhow, I always take FITSNews with a grain of salt.

cooksdelight, I love that you have Toast in your picture on the previous page!  I had a great brunch there.   

• Love 1

Kathryn posted on Facebook last night that Thomas had left her for 49 year old woman named Eloise Ham Anderson. The shocking fact is not that earlier this week she posted on various media indicating that they were together and that they've broken up yet again, it's that Thomas is with someone age appropriate. Trying to sort out WTF is going on with T-Rav and Kath on social media is giving me an aneurism.

• Love 5
Kathryn posted on Facebook last night that Thomas had left her for 49 year old woman named Eloise Ham Anderson. The shocking fact is not that earlier this week she posted on various media indicating that they were together and that they've broken up yet again, it's that Thomas is with someone age appropriate. Trying to sort out WTF is going on with T-Rav and Kath on social media is giving me an aneurism

IKR? As much as they go back and forth, I wouldn't put it past Kathryn to get herself knocked up (if that is the case!), just to really seal the deal with Thomas.  These 2 need to grow the fuck up.  Especially you, Thomas.  You're old enough to be Kathryn's father, and in some societies, her grandfather. 

• Love 1
(edited)

If you look on her "about" section, there's a link to Vibe Trek. She must write for them? On that page, it shows a man and woman's hands with drinks in Charleston. Maybe her and Thomas? The amount of nosey sleuthing I've done is shameful.

Edited by vintagesac
  • Love 2

If you look on her "about" section, there's a link to Vibe Trek. She must write for them? On that page, it shows a man and woman's hands with drinks in Charleston. Maybe her and Thomas? The amount of nosey sleuthing I've done is shameful.

And we're deeply grateful you did it for all of us!

• Love 2

Please baby Jesus, do NOT let this girl be pregnant! Maybe it's just a pregnancy scare…

And T-Rav dating someone age-appropriate? Someone must have slipped him something, or gave him some coke to smell.

• Love 5

Ya know, ol' Thomas may have decided being a daddy isn't for him. Sometimes, the thought of having more than one kid screaming in the middle of the night may have driven him to someone past the point of wanting to have kids.

(edited)

But what if, now that he's in his 50s, he wants a son? I have a feeling that he likes the idea of another try -- if for no other reason than to prove his virility. Because Kensie is wonderful and Kathryn is plenty young, I'll bet the ole dog would be quite happy to get her pregnant again, no matter what the state of their relationship.

Edited by RedHawk

But what if, now that he's in his 50s, he wants a son? I have a feeling that he likes the idea of another try -- if for no other reason than to prove his virility. Because Kensie is wonderful and Kathryn is plenty young, I'll bet the ole dog would be quite happy to get her pregnant again, no matter what the state of their relationship.

My thoughts exactly.  Especially if he can continue to live like he's currently living.

Anyone know when Thomas got out of jail?  JD made it sound like it was just before filming S1.