Type keyword(s) to search

SoCharmers in the Media: The Post & Courier

• Start Topic

On 1/25/2024 at 10:10 PM, aghst said:

Highest ratings in 4 seasons.  Also high ratings for the Reunion Part 1 on Peacock streaming.

That means we're going to get more of the Shep/Austin/Taylor/Olivia mess next season?

And no return for Catherine?

Unbelievable. That was a crappy season. But I watched, so here are the ratings. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I'm really scared for her.  She's one breath away from jail or worse.  And if she's still trying to get custody of her kids =(  oof it doesn't look good if T-Rav is the better parent

• Like 3

I can't stand the recklessness of drinking and driving.  She can kill people.  It's just a very selfish thing to do.  A friend of my parents was drinking and driving with his child in the car, wrecked, and now the child--now grown adult, is blind.  Glass got into his eyes and blinded him for life.  Just beyond selfish.  

• Sad 8

I don't get the inability to call an Uber.

Shannon Beador (Real Housewife, Orange County), same thing.

I live on a street with restaurants within 1/2 a mile, and I Uber all the time, as I realize it only takes one slip-up after a night out to cause horrific damage.

Heck, I left my car at a TexMex restaurant not too long ago.  Those margaritas are strong lol.  I Uber'd home and had a friend drive me back to find my lonely car the next morning.

She's in bad shape, all the way around.  Half the time she's blanked out, seemingly numbed on meds, or she's driving drunk.

'Cause y'all know this isn't her first time....it's just the first time she got caught.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
(edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 9:07 AM, Starlight925 said:

'Cause y'all know this isn't her first time....it's just the first time she got caught.

Like Shannon and nd Gina from the OC, Karen Hugar from Potomac, Kim Richards from Beverly Hills, etc. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3

I think she's one of those self destructive people who will never change until her nine lives run out. I feel.sorry fir her kids with those two as parents.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

It seems this trajectory was inevitable.

Did she ever attain any heights to spiral downward from?

I suppose she was on a reality TV show, making way more money than her marketable skills would have dictated.

But she was how old on the first season?  And there she was trying to get on the show, get hitched to these old men.

She wasn't originally considered for the show IIRC but she was thirsty to provide the scandalous affairs and drama which Bravo could only dream of.

Remember the viral clip from that season, Craig pointing out that she had slept which 3 of the 4 male cast members that first season or the men at that finale dinner party.

She was already screwed up then, at a very tender age.

• Like 5
(edited)

I think she was only 21 years old when she started the show. Definitely immature at whatever age she was. I believe that’s when she slept with Whitney to get onto the show as well (before TRav). 

I feel saddest for her children. 

I was incorrect about her age, but have now fixed it. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Redo her age
  • Like 7
15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She was 21 in the first season. I believe she has just finished her junior year of college. Not sure if she ever graduated.

Thanks. I edited my post. 

On 5/27/2024 at 8:54 AM, aghst said:

It seems this trajectory was inevitable.

Did she ever attain any heights to spiral downward from?

I suppose she was on a reality TV show, making way more money than her marketable skills would have dictated.

But she was how old on the first season?  And there she was trying to get on the show, get hitched to these old men.

She wasn't originally considered for the show IIRC but she was thirsty to provide the scandalous affairs and drama which Bravo could only dream of.

Remember the viral clip from that season, Craig pointing out that she had slept which 3 of the 4 male cast members that first season or the men at that finale dinner party.

She was already screwed up then, at a very tender age.

Sadly it seems like she thought she could literally fuck her way to the top, but she chose a PoS like He Who Shall Not Be Named, and she ended up dumpster humping a loser and having what she thought was an anchor baby but she over played her hand with Mr. NotWonderful.

• Like 3
On 5/27/2024 at 4:20 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

She was 21 in the first season. I believe she has just finished her junior year of college. Not sure if she ever graduated.

I have a suspicion she didn't. She was too busy to be with Ravenel and on the show.

Driving under the influence is a shameful behavior, IMO.  There is an arrogance about it. 

This makes me think of a podcast episode I listened to.  Its a first person account format, where someone tells a story about their life ("This is Actually Happening").

In this episode, its a woman who was driving late at night, not under the influence, and she accidentally kills a pedestrian.  

Since that event, she has devoted her life to talking about this event, promoting safe driving practices, and being very candid about what it is like to accidentally kill someone.  She does not present herself as a victim, she has deep remorse and guilt.

You can listen to the episode here:  https://www.thisisactuallyhappening.com/podcast/episode/24e60128/148-what-if-you-killed-someone

• Like 2

I think Katherine has several issues going on concurrently:

* She has Narcissist Personality Disorder 

*  She has alcohol brain damage

* She is delusional (is this typical of NPDs?)

* She has low self-esteem.

* She may be from a dysfunctional family.

That's a lot to deal with even one of those. I don't think there is any hope for her to ever change and get better. 😕 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Did Whitney just have dental work or is he on the pill train??  Totally slurred speech.

Ok I thought it was my imagination.  It sort of sounded like he has marbles in his mouth

• Like 1
  • LOL 1