Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E00: Matchmaking Special / S02.E01: Wedding Preparations

• Start Topic

A preview of Season 2, which attracted more than 7000 applicants, includes an in-depth look at the matchmaking process and offers an introduction to the experiment, the experts and the candidates brave enough to marry a total stranger.

Season 2 of the reality series begins with the team of experts narrowing down the pool of participants to six singles who they hope will get married at first sight. Once the matches are made, the couples have 10 days to prepare for their weddings.

You know this shows keeps on referencing on cultures who do arranged marriages saying that they usually last longer. But my problem with this is they usually come from different cultures. Sure you can have arranged marriage between typical American adult. But they are raised and view the world little differently then those cultures, and view marriage differently as result. It doesn't really matter how they got together my point is they still view the world the same way...

• Love 3

I love Ryan R; he impresses me. I'm crossing fingers and doing a mind meld with Jaclyn that she open her heart and sync with Kayla. That little girl has suffered far too much loss already. But is Ryan wearing a hairpiece? Maybe not? My single gfs would freak........I guess Jaclyn is this season's Jamie? Yuk.

I don't have a good feeling about the other Ryan D and Jessica though. Hope the D doesn't stand for Douche, but I'm worried.

My husband is an ER/trauma resident, and I understand the unique psychology of a person who lives his life on the edge in many ways. Sean the ER trauma nurse seems easygoing and laidback, but I'm guessing there's lots churning beneath. Davinia will need patience and understanding; and Sean will need to accept that Davinia is a successful, driven pharmaceutical rep They will need to be equal partners in all ways if they want a chance at success. No wusses!

Shallow alert: the women need better eyebrow techs! Rounded ain't cutting it. Ryan D and Sean have eyebrows way too manicured. And Ryan D lose that knitcap pushed back on your head, please.

Wish they'd ALL stop referring to this show as the social experiment!

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 1

I try so hard to look on the sunny side of things but that's impossible when I keep watching this crap.

Ryan D and Jessica - NO. This match has Vaughn and Monet written all over it.

Ryan and Jaclyn - NO. Their wedding is just going to be a repeat of Doug and Jamie's wedding.

Sean and Davina - OK. This is such an oddball match that it could actually work, I just hope their parents get over it.

If the experts insisted on these six, then Jaclyn should have been matched with Ryan D. and Jessica should have been matched with the other Ryan who has the niece.

Good night.

• Love 6

I also thought Jessica would be better with Ryan R

And Ryan D and Jaclyn would deserve each other. Shallow people. But those two together might be MAFS' s first marriage ending in bodily harm to both.

Ryan Ds face dropped when first the little kids walked down the aisle (can't blame him, I guess) and REALLY got worried when all the somewhat overweight bridesmaids appeared.

These ppl aren't sincere, imho. It really is about getting on tv for some fun and bragging rights.

I need to remember that ppl who feel they need to go to this extreme to find a mate are people whose expectations and requirements are most likely unreasonable.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 3

I watched the first season and was kind of fascinated by the idea of viewing marriage as more than just a romantic notion, but also a commitment to the idea of building a relationship, a family, etc.  Too many times sexual attraction is confused for love in our modern society and when that fades, there is little left to build on.   So, when there was a couple where the wife was clearly disappointed at first sight, I thought it was interesting to watch and see what would happen.  Now whether or not this was fabricated or scripted to give more drama, I felt it was an interesting premise to try to follow.

It looks like Jaclyn is going to go that route also.  So maybe it IS scripted to bring more drama to the show.

I thought all of the spouses were cute, but Jaclyn did seem like someone whose idea of marriage and a good partner might be based on shallow stuff.  Not sure how she "slipped" through the whole vetting process.

I'm in.  I'm sure I'll be watching this season.

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 4

I see Sean and Davina being happy with each other. The others?

Everything Ryan D. said went through one ear and out the other with me. Not genuine. His voice reminded me of Jason but I can see him having Vaughn's personality. I feel like he's not going to be attracted to Jessica either but he won't say it out loud.

At least Jaclyn was more graceful than Jamie was with Doug. Poor Ryan probably doesn't even realize.

• Love 2

First impressions:

Ryan and Jessica- Have a feeling he won't be into her that much. She will probably like him though. I see Ryan as maybe wanting a certain type of woman possibly being real rigid maybe superficial about it too.

Ryan and Jacklyn- Does not seem to be a good match. He seems "too nice" for her. Not that nice is a bad thing but she seems like that type who needs a man with a bit of an asshole in him... Ryan may be too kind, too thoughtful and too malleable for her. She seems really brassy and high maintenance.

Sean and Davinia- May work. Davinia seems kinda self-involved though. I kinda like Sean... think he's cute.

I guess we will see as time goes on.

• Love 3

I'm sensing some internalized self-hate coming from Davina. The first red flag was her insistence of  white men only. The second, even though she's non-practicing Sikh, she won't consider anyone with an Eastern religion. 

• Love 8

I know I'm in the minority here, but I found Jamie's repulsion for Doug at the altar in Season 1 kind of refreshing. It seemed like an authentic moment. I can imagine unrealistic people getting caught up in some fantasy of a reality-tv instant marriage and then getting hit by reality when faced with someone who doesn't look like their fantasy match. But, that was season 1. In this case, Jaclyn's revulsion for Ryan R. is just annoying. I mean, she saw Season 1, right? She knew it was unlikely that she would be set up with Chris Hemsworth, didn't she? She knows what Doug looks like, right? Personally, I actually think Ryan R. is pretty cute--much cuter than Doug. So Jaclyn should be pleased to be set up with anyone whose attractiveness is equal to or greater than Doug Hehner.

Dr. Pepper-veteran-of-more-reality-shows-than-Jamie-Otis killed me with her cheesy, "Oh, now you're going to make me cry!" moment with Jessica. I think a pretty good rule of thumb is that anyone who uses a combination of Dr. + first name has sold any professional credibility.

• Love 6

Two things bothered me. First, one woman said her parents had been divorced when she was a child, then went on to refer to her as a "single mom". Sorry, but she was a divorced mom. I don't know if her father paid child support, but single moms generally don't receive that.

The second thing was many of these people referred to being "single" for eight months or two years or whatever or they referred to their "ex". That was confusing, because I didn't know if they had been married or if that's how they referred to being in a relationship. I wish they'd make that more clear.

All in all, it wasn't bad. I guess I'll watch.

Did the experts get the Ryans mixed up as I totally would have put Ryan D with Jaclyn and the other Ryan with Jessica.   But I guess they were going for Jamie/Doug2.0 with Jaclyn and Ryan R so there you go.

Davina & Sean have potential on paper but something seems off about her.  I guess we'll see if they can make it work.  

I'll probably keep watching, but was really  mad that they had 3 hours full of filler and no weddings: repeated clips, endless toasts, being reminded 50 times that this will be a real, legally binding marriage.

I'm already sick of Jaclyn.  I don't like people with "big" personalities.  I know you can't help who you are attracted to,  but I think she is over-rating her own looks.  I think she is lucky that Ryan R.thought she was attractive.

Does anyone think that they match more than 3 couples in case someone does back out at the wedding?  I do.

• Love 8

was this over after just the one wedding? MY dvr stopped at 2:18 but went to the next show. I only saw Jacklyn/Ryan wed and Jacklyn say she didn't like him. Was that the end? Did I miss something?

I would up fast forwarding through bachelor parties, morning of the wedding, ten minutes before, an hour before, 2 minutes before, Im so nervous, this could change my life, more experts. I HAVE NEVER seen a show draw itself out so much for so long! ANNOYING! It was called "The weddings" and I saw Part of one wedding 2 hours 15 minutes later and that was it.

I am confused also by who is who. Is Jacklyn the one getting the Ryan with the niece? All these guys have hot bodies al la doug so that may help...lol.

• Love 1

I really loved the show(s) last night and believe the experts put the right people together.  I can see Jaclyn being turned off by Ryan D's accent.  There were several occasions when I couldn't understand some of what he was saying.  He chops off the first part of his sentences.  We know she goes through with the ceremony and I think she will quickly become attracted to him.  He's not a troll or anything, and she seems like she would love taking care of his niece.  Jessica is my favorite.  I want her to find happiness (I want them all to).  At first, I too thought the girls ended up with the wrong Ryans, but the incredibly strong sense of family that both Ryan & Jessica conveyed last night makes me understand why the experts put them together. 

While I like Davina and Shawn, they are the ones I have misgivings about.  I highly doubt Shawn's mother will be thrilled with her new daughter-in-law, and I can't see Davina getting close to her, either, which will put Shawn in the middle rather quickly.  Shawn seems pretty laid back, and Davina isn't.  Even though it was incredibly thoughtless of her friends/relatives to say to her face that they don't think her marriage would work because she always finds something wrong with her dates, it was an insight into her character.  The experts felt Shawn could rein her in, but it could be a bloodbath before he gets the chance.  She seems highly intelligent and knows exactly what she wants.  Will she have the patience to let their relationship grow, if there are rocky parts in the beginning?  I'm concerned about the clip they showed where Shawn says 'this is toxic'.  That's a pretty strong word to describe a relationship that is no more than 8 weeks old.  I think Davina can be happy with Shawn if she gets out of her own way.

• Love 2

was this over after just the one wedding? MY dvr stopped at 2:18 but went to the next show. I only saw Jacklyn/Ryan wed and Jacklyn say she didn't like him. Was that the end? Did I miss something?

I am confused also by who is who. Is Jacklyn the one getting the Ryan with the niece? All these guys have hot bodies al la doug so that may help...lol.

They did that on S1, too--we only saw one wedding at the end of E1, and the other two were in E2.  Keeps us coming back :)

I'm still working on getting these people straight, too.  Sean and Davinia are easy--he's the one with the grey hair NOT named Ryan, and she's the gorgeous Indian girl.  Easy peasy.  Then there are the Ryans, both of whom are matched with brunettes with J-names.  "Mushmouth Ryan" (as I call him) is the one with the niece and the overly-invested mama who was matched with Jaclyn, who looks like Mila Kunis.  We saw their wedding last night.  Sort of.  Though they cliffhangered us before she said "I Do," she clearly does, since Mushmouth Ryan was wearing a ring in one of his talking heads last night.  I had to crack up when she said, "His accent is going to drive me crazy!"  I had had the same thought earlier, but uh, sweetie?  You ain't the model of perfect elocution yourself; there's a bit of Joisey going on all up in there!

Which brings us to Other Ryan and Jessica with the spiky eyelashes and mole.  The mole that appears and disappears depending on how much makeup she's wearing.  THAT's why I was having so much trouble telling her and Jaclyn apart--I though I had it down pat, Jessica has the mole, Jaclyn does not, but the mole plays hide-and-seek.  Argh.  I realize they (theoretically) MATCHED these people, vs. just PICKING them, but damn, some diversity in looks and names would have been nice.  Three brunette girls and two Ryans matched with J-named girls--no wonder I'm confused!

• Love 6

I spent all 2 hours wondering who Sean reminded me of and then finally realized he is totally a Ryan Serhan from Million Dollar Listing NY clone.  And I may have fallen in love with him and Davina a little bit.  That and the Tiffany necklace and her reaction of "oooh look he's perfect for me" Just kind of felt like a really sincere/jokey moment between her and her friends. 

The mole that appears and disappears depending on how much makeup she's wearing.  THAT's why I was having so much trouble telling her and Jaclyn apart--I though I had it down pat, Jessica has the mole, Jaclyn does not, but the mole plays hide-and-seek.  Argh.

I believe it was as piercing.  It was driving me nuts too so I kept staring at it. 

Edited by MelineB13
  • Love 1

Oh okay - yeah that is why Im confused and don't both Ryans have beards? I'm most confused about the Ryans. I see so they never showed the other 2 weddings. So much dragging out of the same things and nothing! It's infuriating!

Thank god I wasn't the only one confused as to which brunette went with which Ryan, and the J names, now which one was the one with the niece and who did that mom go with??  Can't wait for next week, but I may have to do some homework before commenting further in case I mis-remember who is who!

Jessica is the cry baby.  She turned on the water works every time she opened her mouth.  I hope Ryan has a lot of patience with overly emotional women because he's going to need it,

My first thought was that all these people were attractive so I was surprised at Jaclyn's reaction to Ryan R.  Honey, you're not all that.  Quit acting like you're the next Cindy Crawford and being such a bitch.

• Love 5

Of all the couples for some reason I actually think that Sean and Davina are a good match.  I'm not very laid back and my husband is and it's a great compliment for us.  I think you need balance.  They both seem career motivated which is also very important because they share that drive.  She needs someone like him who is emotional to bring out her emotions.  I think it's a good match on paper so we shall see.  Ryan D doesn't seem like he's there for the right reasons at all.  I get the sense that it's all about the cameras.  I totally missed it but I feel like he may still live with his parents because he just showed Dr. Pepper one room?  Is that right?  What was his job?  I guess it wouldn't matter since Jessica is a receptionist and isn't really shooting for the stars right now for her career.  Ryan R is totally Doug from last season and Jaculyn is a more unlikeable Jamie.  I rolled my eyes when she said you have to have chemistry right away for relationships to work. I realized that's probably why she's been single for 7 years.  Chemistry fades and you have to be friends.  I'm interested to see how it will all play out. I have serious doubts about 2 of the matchings.

• Love 2

Thank god I wasn't the only one confused as to which brunette went with which Ryan, and the J names, now which one was the one with the niece and who did that mom go with??  Can't wait for next week, but I may have to do some homework before commenting further in case I mis-remember who is who!

Ryan R has the niece who is being raised by him and his mom.  He was matched with Jaclyn, the vodka saleslady.    And he does indeed have a mushmouth!

Ryan D was matched with Jessica, the one who's parents just got married after being together for 30 years or so.  

• Love 2

I'm sensing some internalized self-hate coming from Davina. The first red flag was her insistence of  white men only. The second, even though she's non-practicing Sikh, she won't consider anyone with an Eastern religion. 

I understand what you're saying but I took it a little differently: she seems pretty Western in her attitudes and behavior and I think she didn't want to deal with any deep-rooted cultural attitudes about marriage and her "place" in the marriage that might come up if she married someone of Eastern descent. She never said white men only (that we heard, I think); she just said no Eastern religions. One of the "experts" said she wanted only white men; I don't consider them reliable narrators, to say the least.

Ryan D has a pretty strong accent too; he's described as a "business consultant" and I barked a laugh when the narrator said that he and Jessica were at similar places in their careers (receptionist). So my guess is Ryan is a freelance toner replacement engineer for...uh...businesses.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Ryan D has a pretty strong accent too; he's described as a "business consultant" and I barked a laugh when the narrator said that he and Jessica were at similar places in their careers (receptionist). So my guess is Ryan is a freelance toner replacement engineer for...uh...businesses.

Yep, me too! And in the previews doesn't she say "You're unemployed?" I bet he doesn't even have a job.

Yes, I did think Ryan R's teeth were wonky. Maybe bad crowns or fakes. I also wondered if Ryan was wearing a hairpiece? I think he seems like a truly nice guy, but if Jaclyn' s first-sight impression was to be turned-off, she really won't like what she sees when they're up close and personal. I don't consider her any kind of beauty herself, but she wants what she wants.

The official site has headshots and mini bios:

http://www.fyi.tv/shows/married-at-first-sight

Davina did say she dates only white men in her interview on camera with one of the experts. I think it was either with Pepper or the sexologist.

When the four experts were deciding on camera which six suckers, er, I mean, lovers, they were gonna choose from the pool of 7,000! screwballs who applied, I had to laugh over Pepper' s description of one guy they decided not to use. She said the guy had such definite requirements! The woman's butt had to be a certain size and shape, her height couldn't deviate from what he wanted, her coloring, etc.

Some of these people truly think they're ordering from a menu.

I really hate Jessica's eyebrows! Omg. And Jaclyn' s are not much better. Ryan D' s and Sean's eyebrows are overly manicured for guys, in my opinion. And Ryan D' s eyes are too closely set; I don't like him so I'm seeing all his faults, lol!

One of the previews shows Ryan La Douche yelling at Jessica, "no, no, this is not what I wanted!" with anger.

Edited by sleekandchic

Of all the couples for some reason I actually think that Sean and Davina are a good match.

Ryan is with Davina, Sean is with Jessica and Ryan D is with Jaclyn.

Davina did say she only wanted a white man. I think it stems from her father walking out and her culture shunning her and her mother instead of taking them in. 

Ryan's parents may come to love and support Davina as they realize that she was bullied as a child, too. Their fear comes from watching their son be hurt as a child and not sharing it. When they see that Davina has the same background of bullying, and that she has come to terms, and moved on, may turn them around.

Jessica has a Monroe piercing. That didn't bother me as much as the overly done eyelashes. She's as bad as Jamie. Jessica is the one who asked about a job in the previews, right? Sean said he was currently a business owner, could he have sold the business? Ryan D is in real estate and Ryan (grey hair, friend of Doug) is a trauma nurse. I'm glad Ryan (grey hair) wasn't the one with the waivering bride. After seeing his friend Doug go through that it would be crazy.

Love the review, Stephanie!

I also just remembered that as Ryan R waited for his beloved to enter the room, he looked over to the bride's side and said, with a bit of disgust, "I bet you're Yankee fans, right? Yeah."

Idiot.

Mom2two.....Davina is matched with Sean, the gray-haired ER nurse. See my link above for photos

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 1
Ryan (grey hair, friend of Doug) is a trauma nurse. I'm glad Ryan (grey hair) wasn't the one with the waivering bride. After seeing his friend Doug go through that it would be crazy.

Um, what the what?  I did not know this, was this talked about in the episode?  (I did a lot of fast forwarding through this show)

Also, do we know what Sean was bullied about as a kid? They showed the pictures of him, and he wasn't overweight... clearly, that's far from the only thing people get bullied about... but to make no reference about what the bullying was about seemed odd to me. And if an attractive single male heterosexual nurse can't meet a quality female to partner with? Wow. It's all there on paper -- so is it timing, really bad luck, or is it an emotional issue?

ETA:  Dear FYI.tv, not everyone in the damn world uses a tablet to view websites. It's annoying to view your website on a desktop computer. That is all.

Edited by TeapotWakeen
  • Love 2

Last year I was glued to the T.V. with this show.  This year...not so much.  I ended up fast forwarding through most of it, only to see five seconds of one wedding ceremony.

I thought Jaclyn was very hard looking and her 29 makes Jamie Otis's 28 look believable.  However, the guy liked her and she was not smitten with his looks or his accent.  I hope she is kind about it, because he seems like a nice guy.  Also, she had to know this would happen, having seen the Doug and Jamie issues from last year.

I felt bad for Davina, she seemed very alone in this.  I wonder if she said white guys only after seeing the Vaughn or Monet debacle.   Maybe, she was afraid they would pair her up with the one Indian guy (if there were any) that agreed to do this show, irregardless of whether or not they were compatible.

It looks like they are going to do a separate series on arranged marriages.  I guess blind marriages are going to be to FYI what House Hunters is to HGTV.

• Love 1

Of all the couples for some reason I actually think that Sean and Davina are a good match.

Ryan is with Davina, Sean is with Jessica and Ryan D is with Jaclyn.

Davina did say she only wanted a white man. I think it stems from her father walking out and her culture shunning her and her mother instead of taking them in. 

Ryan's parents may come to love and support Davina as they realize that she was bullied as a child, too. Their fear comes from watching their son be hurt as a child and not sharing it. When they see that Davina has the same background of bullying, and that she has come to terms, and moved on, may turn them around.

Jessica has a Monroe piercing. That didn't bother me as much as the overly done eyelashes. She's as bad as Jamie. Jessica is the one who asked about a job in the previews, right? Sean said he was currently a business owner, could he have sold the business? Ryan D is in real estate and Ryan (grey hair, friend of Doug) is a trauma nurse. I'm glad Ryan (grey hair) wasn't the one with the waivering bride. After seeing his friend Doug go through that it would be crazy.

LOL. You have the names all mixed up. Ryan D (Jessica) - Business owner, Ryan R (Jaclyn) - Real Estate, Sean (Davina) - ER Nurse

Monroe piercings are distracting and unflattering on everyone IMO. Jessica is a cute girl but she needs to arch those eyebrows and keep that piercing out of her face.

Jaclyn is the one that asked what her husband's profession was in the early previews. Ryan R. said unemployed which I'm assuming he was joking.

The only thing that bothered me about the drawn out premiere was that I also watched the matchmaking special and about 30 minutes of that footage was also in the 2-hour episode. The weddings are always a separate episode.

• Love 1

Also, do we know what Sean was bullied about as a kid? They showed the pictures of him, and he wasn't overweight... clearly, that's far from the only thing people get bullied about... but to make no reference about what the bullying was about seemed odd to me. And if an attractive single male heterosexual nurse can't meet a quality female to partner with? Wow. It's all there on paper -- so is it timing, really bad luck, or is it an emotional issue?

ETA:  Dear FYI.tv, not everyone in the damn world uses a tablet to view websites. It's annoying to view your website on a desktop computer. That is all.

He said his "friends" bullied him right? He was probably just a pushover, easy punching bag. Clearly his friends weren't really his friends if they were beating him up. Maybe I've watched one too many episodes of dateline where "best friends" are killing each other but it didn't strike me as odd.

• Love 1

I spent all 2 hours wondering who Sean reminded me of and then finally realized he is totally a Ryan Serhan from Million Dollar Listing NY clone.

YES!!!!!  I think that they're both cute but Sean is I'm sure a much nicer, normal person.  

Jeez, Jaclyn. What a sourpuss. Get over yourself.

I was holding my hand up to the TV to see what Mushmouth Ryan looked like with his jaw hidden. He looked good in some shots when he wasn't smiling, but something is off there. Maybe the teeth, as others have said. His best man was cute and if the shot wasn't doctored, he seemed blown away when Jaclyn made her appearance on the aisle of doom.

Is Sean the one who knows Doug, or was that one of the rejected auditioners? Also, was Business Owner Ryan the BDSM guy?

Yes, I wish that they'd had the two Ryans use different names for the show, as well as the J-girls. It really is confusing, especially when the two women are so similar in appearance.

I will say, though, that Jaclyn definitely looks a lot older than 29. Or maybe it's just that she's got that kind of hard, masculine appearance that a lot of men do not like. I think she's lucky her groom didn't have the same reaction to her as she did to him.

And I sure wish the editors/producers would stop repeating scenes over and over, and stop dragging and dragging and dragging things out. I love the idea of this show, but they're going to ruin it and lose viewers with their poor execution.

• Love 3

Is Sean the one who knows Doug, or was that one of the rejected auditioners? Also, was Business Owner Ryan the BDSM guy?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Sean does indeed know Doug and its the reason why he applied to do the show.  I still can't figure out why he'd want to do that as a hospital is a great place for a male to meet people, just cause of the ratio of females to males.  But then maybe he has a "no workplace" dating rule.  I know some people like that.

• Love 1

I hope that next season they pair up some people who are maybe a little overweight, or older, or something to set them apart. These three women were far too similar.

I liked Jaclyn early on, when she talked about the importance of an emotional connection. For a fleeting moment, I thought she was down to earth and not too hung up on herself, but was totally put off by her attitude at the alter. Granted, her Ryan does look better when he keeps his lips closed. But he seems like a really genuine and great guy. I'd definitely date him.

When Jessica's mom gave the other Ryan a big thumbs up, and said "perfect!" I thought yep, they do look like they deserve each other. As long as they aren't always fighting for space in front of the mirror, this might actually work.

And I gotta say, I'm rooting for Sean and Davina. I admire her for having a magnificent chest to waist ratio, but not flaunting it. And, she is articulate and sort of a sweetheart. Dave is a gem himself. I admire him for letting himself go naturally gray and still being hot. I really don't want to see the two of them get on each other's nerves, at all.

• Love 1
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Sean does indeed know Doug and its the reason why he applied to do the show.  I still can't figure out why he'd want to do that as a hospital is a great place for a male to meet people, just cause of the ratio of females to males.  But then maybe he has a "no workplace" dating rule.  I know some people like that.

If you can find a link to that information, I'd love to see it.  I'm super surprised the show would pick someone with ties to the original participants.  That just seems to be asking for trouble.  FWIW, he's not listed as a friend of Doug's on FB but he is friends with Jason and Cortney. 

Thanks for the heads up that Davina did, indeed, specify white men. That's what I get for "multi-tasking" by playing Words with Friends during this entertainment extravaganza.

For some reason I do think Davina and Sean have a chance, if she's able to get out of her own way. His note was sweet, although the keyhole metaphor made me wince.

I'm glad I don't have an ultra HDTV because even without it I get distracted by so.much.makeup on the women. But at least Jaclyn's wedding makeup was less brassy than her own version, though applied just as thickly.

I suspect that Jessica, although extremely pretty, is not going to live up to Ryan D's expectations of what he thinks he rates on the beauty scale. And Jaclyn is definitely overestimating her own appeal. Ryan R was smart to grow the beard, because it deemphasizes his (lack of) chin. But he's clearly a very nice guy who's probably been friendzoned all his life. If Jaclyn can get over herself she may be able to see that.

• Love 1

These "experts" continue to be laughable. They think Sean and Davina are compatible because they were both bullied as kids? If that's the case, I'm compatible with half the high school marching band. That said, I do like them. Davina seems like someone I'd like to hang out with, and Sean seems nice if overly-earnest. The "keyhole" metaphor was a little inartful, but at least he didn't say that SHE was the keyhole and HE was the key.  I like them best, but I'm 50-50 on their chances. She seems like she doesn't suffer fools, and I think his earnestness could get on her nerves very quickly.

If I'm being shallow and judgey, I think Jaclyn is not attractive at all. She looks almost a decade older than she is, and she looks like she will NOT age well. Which would all be fine if it weren't for the fact that she seems repulsed by the average-to-good looking Ryan R. I did have to laugh about the accent. The whole time they were introducing him I was thinking how the Long Island tawk would drive me crazy inside a hot minute.

What's with all the drag queen brows? Why are everyone's brows so over-groomed?

• Love 1

Are interfaith realtionships a major breaking point nowadays? I always thought it wasn't a big deal anymore, regarding the younger people.

The experts I liked to think there the kids from Welcome back Kotter all grown up. There reasoning behind setting these people up seems shallow.

Also mole...I'm kinda distracted by it?

Two things bothered me. First, one woman said her parents had been divorced when she was a child, then went on to refer to her as a "single mom". Sorry, but she was a divorced mom. I don't know if her father paid child support, but single moms generally don't receive that.

The second thing was many of these people referred to being "single" for eight months or two years or whatever or they referred to their "ex". That was confusing, because I didn't know if they had been married or if that's how they referred to being in a relationship. I wish they'd make that more clear.

All in all, it wasn't bad. I guess I'll watch.

If your raising a child full time it doens't matter if you get child support or not. Your a single mom, your not with anyone nor with the child father, single mom

• Love 6