Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

IIRC, a year or two ago JillR posted one of her gushing "updates" on their blog, saying that a woman who'd been the long-time organizer of that women's retreat in Sugarcreek, OH, was no longer going to do it because of her health, and asked JillR to take it over. So IMO all Jill had to do was to just repeat what the original organizer did. Probably there's a faithful core of repeat attendees, so unless JillR sharply disappoints them with the content/facilities etc. of "her" conference, it will keep going on as usual. 

I thought that the homeschool conference was the one she took over from the woman with health issues.

IIRC, Jill held the homeschool conference in a park and there were maybe 3 other families in attendance and 2 of those were her sisters' families.

Oops, I stand corrected. Thank you Jeeves!

Edited by Triple P
I was wrong
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I thought that the homeschool conference was the one she took over from the woman with health issues.

IIRC, Jill held the homeschool conference in a park and there were maybe 3 other families in attendance and 2 of those were her sisters' families.

I found it, and it is the Sugarcreek conference. On one of their blog update pages, dated June 2019, she wrote:

What an honor it is to have been asked by Mrs. Judy Edmunds to take over the Annual Ladies Retreat held in Sugarcreek, Ohio at the Carlisle Inn each March. This is in the heart of beautiful Amish country and FILLED to the brim with beautiful gift shops and loads of things to do. Judy has been doing this retreat now for 19 years and due to fragile health conditions, felt that she needed to pass the torch on to someone else.

Praise the Lord for this incredible opportunity! I have had a burden to encourage my fellow sisters in Christ since I was a teenager and this opportunity is SUCH an answer to prayer! I already have several facets of ministry (ministering to my sisters in Christ), and this opportunity expands that.

In fact, some of you may remember that a year and a half ago I even planned my own Ladies’ Retreat at Stonewall Jackson Resort in West Virginia. However, rather than continuing to build that up from scratch, I will now channel all my energy into this retreat.

***See pics below of the GORGEOUS resort this ladies retreat will be held at! We are expecting such a large crowd of ladies, that we booked the ENTIRE hotel (except for one room that was already reserved)! God is GOOD!

Pictured below is Judy Edmunds turning over everything to me and teaching me the “ropes”.

I am THRILLED to announce the theme for the 2020 Annual Ladies Retreat. *See picture below*

Isaiah 61:3
“To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.”
King James Version (KJV)

(The blog page is a mess to look at because apparently all the links to photos are dead.)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

The decorating that Jill did to that conference room is the tackiest-looking mess I’ve ever seen.

She'll now add as much of that crap as possible to her warehouse home decor. She must have bought that stuff for the event and now has to do something with it. Yay. Free stuff! 

• Love 5

Someone on Reddit saw a post by one of the ladies who was at JRod retreat and is now complaining about fever, body aches, and a terrible cough...

The mod is trying to get confirmation so take this with a grain of salt for now.

11 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Someone on Reddit saw a post by one of the ladies who was at JRod retreat and is now complaining about fever, body aches, and a terrible cough...

The mod is trying to get confirmation so take this with a grain of salt for now.

It was originally posted on the conference group's FB page, so it's legit. Her name is Judy, and she's pictured with JRod in one of Jill's conference posts.  She was the original coordinator of the event. She's a senior, so I'm worried about her.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It was originally posted on the conference group's FB page, so it's legit. Her name is Judy, and she's pictured with JRod in one of Jill's conference posts.  She was the original coordinator of the event. She's a senior, so I'm worried about her.

Oh no. That's concerning for Judy and everyone else. Hopefully it's a cold, allergies or a mild case of the flu. This is a great example of why the JRods and Caldwells should not be traipsing about as if everything is fine. I hope this Judy person recovers fully and quickly.

• Love 20
On 3/16/2020 at 8:12 PM, Enya Face said:

Thank you for that, @LilJen. I hope you weren’t offended by my angry remark. I absolutely appreciate your insight 🙂

Ha! Not at all. His remarks make me angry too.  I dislike hateful misguided God-botherers as much as the next person.

• Love 3
On 3/16/2020 at 8:09 PM, ginger90 said:

3 pictures, 1 video:

3rd picture: how JRod imagines all her slaves, and everyone else in the entire world, should gaze upon her wonderfulness.

• Love 2
On 3/19/2020 at 6:08 PM, ginger90 said:

"They don't care what you think, until they know you care. . . about your plastered on makeup and forever posting selfies online of yourself, heavily filtered. Then they KNOW you don't care about them."

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, LilJen said:

"They don't care what you think, until they know you care. . . about your plastered on makeup and forever posting selfies online of yourself, heavily filtered. Then they KNOW you don't care about them."

She's such a see you next Tuesday. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

If anyone at the conference had a virus to pass along, poor Amy is a target. Who knows what medical problems she might have that affect her immunity. Jill wouldn't bother to think about it since this conference is Jill's chance to look important. Poor Amy is a prop (and maybe a willing one) in the life of Saint Jill. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

If anyone at the conference had a virus to pass along, poor Amy is a target. Who knows what medical problems she might have that affect her immunity. Jill wouldn't bother to think about it since this conference is Jill's chance to look important. Poor Amy is a prop (and maybe a willing one) in the life of Saint Jill. 

Wow, yeah...I was just thinking and worrying about how all her undernourished kids would do if they contracted it, but had forgotten about her sister,,,

10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Judy posted that she had a cough and a low-grade fever but was feeling a bit better today. Hopefully, just a cold.

• Love 9

Here I go again. Jill is bragging because her child is stuck in a crowded van playing for three days with a dirty ladder and a bunch of building supplies (paint cans, solder, etc.) However, the children of normal parents who have normal lives have mushy brains. If anyone has a mushy brain, it's the narcissistic mother of these poor, undernourished, uneducated kids. 

How's Tim doing in school, Jill? 

• Love 16

The Maxwells have a post on homeschooling and things to do while school is out. They always homeschool. However this blog post is good. Even though it's typical Maxwellian, it may be helpful for parents whose kids are home for the rest of the year.

No news from/about Anna Marie, but probably there will be soon.

Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell also has a new post on her blog about motherhood, marriage and pregnancy. She is quite the fundie mother about everything. The blogpost is too long to put all here. She is currently 27 weeks pregnant.  Her oldest is about 14 months old.  She likes to give Axton raw cow's milk to drink, which she gets from a local dairy farm.

Here is excerpt from her post:

"Motherhood is amazing. A number of people have asked me if having babies this close together is an overwhelming thought for me. Honestly, it isn't! Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I will have moments, especially in those early days of adjusting to caring for two babies instead of just one! But I saw my own mother have five babies in six years, and if I can do it with half the grace and energy she did, I'll be just fine. 😃 I suppose I would be much more overwhelmed depending on what kind of a child my current son was, but we have been pretty intentional in ordering his life, and not letting him run ours, and as a result, he is a super happy and very scheduled little guy. I don't say that in a prideful way, at all-there have been many learning moments for me and many times when consistency has stretched me as a mama! I have failed often and growing in this is a continual process. But having him on a schedule early on, and giving him a little life of order and routine, has paid off HUGE dividends in our quality of life now, and I am confidant that will just continue as we transition this summer into life with two babies."

To see the full blogpost, you can google Chelsyrenee and the blog should come up. The rest of the post from here is just we are so blessed with babies and marriage.

The Bontragers had to cancel their singing tour. They were intending to head to Bolivia, which apparently has some Mennonites living there. I didn't know that. (The Bontrager parents were Mennonites when they were children.) 

• Useful 2

Bolivia closed its borders Thursday. I guess the Bontragers couldn't get there before that. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Thursday is still yesterday here, it not East coast
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Unless a sweet friend buys them food the kids aren’t going to get enough. 

I really worry about that right now for those kids. I mean, Jill's fucking crazy enough to do anything, but I could definitely see them not getting fed well indefinitely while the pandemic keeps the Rods at home. 

48 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Bolivia closed its borders Thursday. I guess the Bontragers couldn't get there before that. 

I think the Bontragers were probably planning not to go after this last week. It probably didn't matter than Bolivia closed it's borders. 

• Love 1

As of Tuesday, the trip was still a go. I saw an IG post Thursday morning that said they weren't going. It seems to have been a last minute call. Who knows when they found out the borders were closing. Wednesday?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

As of Tuesday, the trip was still a go. I saw an IG post Thursday morning that said They weren't going. It seems to have been a last minute call.

Did they actually say they were still going like on Instagram or something or was the information just still listed on their website? It may be that they just needed to notify venues/contacts in Bolivia before they made the official announcement.