Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I hope Jill is not going for The Rodrigues Sisters Boutique.

If she does, it will probably last as long as the Creamy Ivory Cream shop she ran with the minister's wife. It was a big deal for about two weeks and never mentioned again, even though Jill and Mrs. Minister had to pay several months in advance to lease the space. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, AstridM said:

You know, I hadn’t thought about the possibility that Timothy might not even be aware of what Jill wrote about him in 2016. 

Something else, indeed! Did you read the recent Reddit AMA?

Yes. 

26 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

If she does, it will probably last as long as the Creamy Ivory Cream shop she ran with the minister's wife. It was a big deal for about two weeks and never mentioned again, even though Jill and Mrs. Minister had to pay several months in advance to lease the space. 

Last summer mama and the sisters posed in new matching outfits on the once a year vacation to announce Jill's long dreamed of quarterly magazine. One issue, not printed by Dave, Jill tried to sell subscriptions and never another issue.

Jill is still offering the first issue of her magazine to people at the grift stops. Jill "they are $2 or you can just take one"

• LOL 5
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Last summer mama and the sisters posed in new matching outfits on the once a year vacation to announce Jill's long dreamed of quarterly magazine. One issue, not printed by Dave, Jill tried to sell subscriptions and never another issue.

Jill is still offering the first issue of her magazine to people at the grift stops. Jill "they are $2 or you can just take one"

She never completes things. If this big announcement is something other than an engagement or baby, we won't hear from it for very long. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Madtown said:

I never thought there would be someone in the Rod circle more nuts than Jill. Enter Bri..sheesh, she's quite something..

I suspect that Jill and Bri found each other through some dark Fundie network and Sammers is just the hapless conduit for the two women to join forces.  I mean good heavens, will Sam even be able to change his socks without input from his wife and mother?   

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I suspect that Jill and Bri found each other through some dark Fundie network and Sammers is just the hapless conduit for the two women to join forces.  I mean good heavens, will Sam even be able to change his socks without input from his wife and mother?   

He’s David, Jr. in more ways than one.

• Like 1

I'm just starting to catch up on the Rods after not having paid much attention to them since Tim started courting and...to say I'm shocked that Tim would be the one to draw any sort of boundaries with Jill is an understatement. Wow, this is going to be a fun rabbit hole.

I find it really interesting how many fundies seem to be fighting back against public displays of "purity" and are now insisting that whatever a couple decides to save for marriage is private. Is it a general shift in the culture, like women wearing pants? Is it a distaste for how weird the public bragging of "saving myself for marriage" is, especially after the Duggars and Bates brought it to tv audiences? Is it just a dislike for Jill in particular that has people reacting that way? The obsession with sex and purity has been central to fundamentalism for decades so I find the reactions to Jill's posts fascinating.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Good comment. I wonder if Bri has $$ and that is one of the reasons Jill is so enamored of her? 

Bri is trying to buy a teen groom. I don’t know if she has that much $. But I see a grown 25 year old woman chasing a sheltered 19 year old boy. It gives me the ick. If Sam was not a ROD I wouldn’t bat an eye. But as a ROD boy he is uneducated/naive/sheltered. Bri is weird.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Bri is trying to buy a teen groom. I don’t know if she has that much $. But I see a grown 25 year old woman chasing a sheltered 19 year old boy. It gives me the ick. If Sam was not a ROD I wouldn’t bat an eye. But as a ROD boy he is uneducated/naive/sheltered. Bri is weird.

I wouldn't put it past her to spend whatever she has to buy a husband (and his family). The age difference wouldn't be that bad if it were different circumstances (and he were a bit older). I have a friend who's husband is 9 years younger than her and it works.