Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I'm really surprised about the dancing. Even if it's to a religious song, I would think Jill is against dancing.

Yes, don't she and Hunk disappear on "vacations" when the dancing (and drinking) start, like on a cruise?  Too bad you couldn't run roughshod over Ellen and Heidi, Jill!  

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
30 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I feel that that video was more of a "protection" for him.  Maybe had done something "wrong" or expressed his own ideas and that video was a penance to Jill.  It's hard to tell, but he seems comfortable around his in-laws.

You make a good point. 

I'd like to know why two out of three brothers were in the wedding, along with one brother-in-law. Why not include the other brother and in-law, especially when the latter is the bride's cousin? Maybe Heidi was trying to avoid having any Rod girls in her party (good call), and including two more Rods in Tim's party would have made that unavoidable. Perhaps Heidi has more going on north of her neck than her hairdo. 

• Like 13
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

You make a good point. 

I'd like to know why two out of three brothers were in the wedding, along with one brother-in-law. Why not include the other brother and in-law, especially when the latter is the bride's cousin? Maybe Heidi was trying to avoid having any Rod girls in her party (good call), and including two more Rods in Tim's party would have made that unavoidable. Perhaps Heidi has more going on north of her neck than her hairdo. 

Maybe Phillip and Jonathan were asked and declined 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, realityfan26 said:

I don't know why I'm invested in this wedding, but could someone point me in the right direction to find Ellen's pictures? I must have the wrong IG account.

I found the pics on her Facebook page. Search Ellen Vincent Coverett.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Isn’t there usually a picture of each family with the bride and groom? 

Yes.  But these are Ellen’s personal photos, not the paid photographers.  Ellen may not feel it’s her place to release  Rod photos 

• Like 9
54 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

That would be even weirder, considering the enmeshed-togetherness of the Rods and most other fundie families. They're all each other's best friends, you know. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

It could be that Heidi had X number of bridesmaids picked out and Tim's job was to find X number of groomsmen to match up with them and the others got caught in the numbers crunch.

It also could be that Phillip's recent problems made it dicey to ask him to participate.

• Like 11

This was our first time to have the role of Father and Mother of the GROOM!  What a JOY it was!  🥰  More pics to come of the wedding once we know it is allowed by Timothy and Heidi.  😉  What a gorgeous bride and handsome groom they were!  ❤️

IMG_7896.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Ellen paid for Jill's dress.   There is no way Jill picked out something that good looking on her own.   

THAT's how they got Jill to go along with it.   They paid even for the groom's parents clothes.   In exchange Jill behaved herself.   Because the only thing Jill likes more than social media is free stuff for herself.

I hope the Rod stalkers leave Ellen and her pictures alone.   Heidi has done nothing to deserve their stalking and even Tim is becoming a better person.   

• Like 19
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This was our first time to have the role of Father and Mother of the GROOM!  What a JOY it was!  🥰  More pics to come of the wedding once we know it is allowed by Timothy and Heidi.  😉  What a gorgeous bride and handsome groom they were!  ❤️

IMG_7896.jpeg

Why does the bolded part feel like such a passive aggressive sentence by Jill?

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Why does the bolded part feel like such a passive aggressive sentence by Jill?

Because she’s seen all the picture on Ellen’s  FB page and she’s just sure Ellen didn’t get permission.  Or she’s mad that Ellen  didn’t need permission. Here’s the thing - Tim and Heidi trust Ellen to post appropriate photos and to not  overstep her boundaries( or the professional  photographers toes). Jill has no boundaries. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 21

In those pictures of Heidi and her father dancing, is anyone else creeped out by the father/daughter dance, 'I loved her first'? Given how prevalent sexual abuse appears to be in this cult, it seems inappropriate and icky to me.

'I loved her first.' Ewwww. 

• Like 10

Jill got a dress similar to Ellen's, but slightly fancier. Maybe, Ellen bought it for her. Maybe Jill decided it was time to splurge on another sparkly gown to add to her growing collection. 

David, on the other hand, needs one decent suit. This isn't it. Best Mama and Best Papa need to visit some Goodwill stores, buy one good-quality used suit in the correct size, and have it altered so at least the sleeves and pants are the right length. 

Edited by BradandJanet
spacing
  • Like 15
  • Applause 3
12 minutes ago, DXD526 said:

In those pictures of Heidi and her father dancing, is anyone else creeped out by the father/daughter dance, 'I loved her first'? Given how prevalent sexual abuse appears to be in this cult, it seems inappropriate and icky to me.

I thought so, too. I understand what they're trying to say, but it does seem inappropriate and squicky. 

• Like 5

When my son and DIL were getting married, DIL and her mom went to look for MOB dresses, mom found a dress and was planning to buy it. Her own daughter told her "that dress is not appropriate for your age bracket". We all still laugh about that.

But now 15 yrs later, i find myself looking at people in MOB dresses and judging them on "appropriate for your age bracket". I think Jill did ok on that with this dress.

• Like 13
30 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Are none of these fundy men aware that suits can be altered? Or are they afraid if what will happen when a stranger (tailor) measures their inseam?

Now I have to find that episode of Friends so I can hear Ross say, "In prison!"

• Like 1
  • LOL 17
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

When my son and DIL were getting married, DIL and her mom went to look for MOB dresses, mom found a dress and was planning to buy it. Her own daughter told her "that dress is not appropriate for your age bracket". We all still laugh about that.

But now 15 yrs later, i find myself looking at people in MOB dresses and judging them on "appropriate for your age bracket". I think Jill did ok on that with this dress.

I think Jill was "required" to go on the dress hunting trip so her dress could be approved.  If a few more sparkles keep Jill in line, well, that's a small price to pay.  That way Jill didn't show up  wearing some inappropriate, attention-getting clown suit.  It must be exhausting to plan any event with her.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, DXD526 said:

If you check out the lyrics, the song is in the voice of a father talking about his daughter who is getting married.  

I Loved Her First

Song by

Heartland

Look at the two of you dancin' that way
Lost in the moment and each other's face
So much in love, you're alone in this place
Like there's nobody else in the world

I was enough for her not long ago
I was her number one, she told me so
And she still means the world to me, just so you know
So be careful when you hold my girl
Time changes everything, life must go on
And I'm not gonna stand in your way

But I loved her first, I held her first
And a place in my heart will always be hers
From the first breath she breathed
When she first smiled at me

I knew the love of a father runs deep
And I prayed that she'd find you someday
But it's still hard to give her away
I loved her first

How could that beautiful woman with you
Be the same freckle face kid that I knew
The one that I read all those fairytales to
And tucked into bed all those nights

And I knew the first time I saw you with her
It was only a matter of time
I loved her first, I held her first
And a place in my heart will always be hers
From the first breath she breathed
When she first smiled at me

I knew the love of a father runs deep
And I prayed that she'd find you someday
But it's still hard to give her away
I loved her first

In other news: Jill's dress is quite appropriate and pretty for mother of the groom.  Her sandals, however, are an abomination.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 19
49 minutes ago, Notabug said:

l

In other news: Jill's dress is quite appropriate and pretty for mother of the groom.  Her sandals, however, are an abomination.

You beat me to it.  Those shoes do not go with the dress at all.  But at least the dress was appropriate, so I guess that was the best anyone could expect from Jill.  How does she manage to make everything she wears look "off"?

• Like 13

Frankly, I'm finding the neckline on Hunk's dress shirt to be an eye trap that is distracting me from his godly countenance. I'm surprised Jill would let him go out looking like that. Women might fall at his feet in fits of lust. 

He needs a cotton undershirt like the Rodlet girls have to wear. Or maybe he just needs a shirt in the right size. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

Timmay was in tan. Groomsmen were in tan slacks. Father’s the bride in tan. Why was Davey not in tan?  Especially when Jillzilla was in green to match the wedding party.

Jill’s dress was actually age and event appropriate. Seeing her choices for the prior weddings, I sincerely doubt that she chose that dress herself.  Gaudy necklace, absolutely. Dress? Not so much. And the shoes were a bad choice  especially when her toenail polish didn’t match her fingers.  Even a simple pair of black, closed toe pumps with a conservative heel would have been a better choice  

My first thought after seeing Heidi’s dress was the cape is covering the back of the dress. While it kind of worked in the end, I feel like it was an add on to cover up a low back. The jury is out with me if this was a frankendress or not. Need better and more clear photos. 

• Like 10

Heidi wore black shoes, which she took off for dinner. Yeah, I know. 

I think Tim looked very nice. Could use a couple of inches on his head (hair, lest anyone be confused), but otherwise the suit looked fine. I don’t get why the groomsmen didn’t match at all. The younger boys in a lighter beige pant with suspenders didn’t make sense. And I can’t see a wedding without ties. All the boys should’ve worn the same pants with green ties like the groom. I would prefer a full suit, but just the ties would be much better. How did Tim get a good-looking best man? Who is that guy that he didn’t pick a brother instead?

I think Jill’s dress was way too matronly. And that other nonsense that she wore for the rehearsal dinner. She looks better when she goes out for coffee. The mother of the bride dress was much prettier than what Jill ended up with. It was simpler, but it had enough sparkle for it to be pretty and not too old looking. In my world, parents of the groom pay for the rehearsal dinner. Ha. I saw actual food there, so I’m sure that didn’t happen.

It looks like all of Tim’s kisses were bending her over in a dip. Maybe that’s how Heidi’s hair ended up kind of messy. I wonder how that wedding night went. And I wish her mom would’ve done something with her hair. I guess in the back it was kind of fixed? But  from the front all you see is her in a plain middle part. Dad is not bad looking. Definitely 100 times better than hunk. Except for whatever the heck was going on with his head and hat. 

Oh Samuel. If you’re going to be the next, I’m already sorry for what’s coming. Your beloved, crazy gal already looks like she’s going to be covered head to toe. And I can see a little homemade reception with some possum stew. 

PS: check out Jill on Instagram. She’s putting up new pictures for the intro on her YouTube. It looks like they’re all pictures from the wedding. Philip is a little sketchy, however. He’s wearing a suit, but it doesn’t seem to match the theme, so I can’t tell if he was really there or not. It looks like most of the girls wore white. And yes, a couple of hideous modesty T-shirts do appear. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Like 11
47 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Heidi's shows were deep green. Saw a picture on Reddit. 

I agree that Phillip didn't attend. He was not pictured on the swing like everyone else. 

Hmm. I can’t exactly say I feel that dark green shoes are much better. 

Jana had the winner wedding. Men in black tuxes/suits? So classy.

• Like 10

Oh goodness, the photoshop of Phil. Jill should have put him in the back or left him out.

The little girls in white and Jonathon in emerald green. Why? Did Jill make everyone stay together walking in single file wherever they went, so the attention was on them? Or did Heidi request another color scheme?

And surely there was at least one photo of the family where T&H had their eyes open.

• Like 11
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This was not altered by me.

IMG_7897.jpeg

Jill being petty, chooses a pic where Heidi has her eyes shut. Typical

Phillip's senior pic, where he is wearing his dad's shirt was the best pic Jill could come up with to photo shop into the family pic?? Guy who has been wearing a jacket and tie for pretty much every occasion for 2 years or so and that's what she picks.

• Like 12
  • Sad 4
25 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Per LinkedIn, his last known location was Baltimore Ohio. This was about a month ago. 

Baltimore OH is a tiny town in a rural area just east of Columbus.  It's about a 2 hour drive from the Barndo.

• Useful 4
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7896.jpeg

Interesting pictures. Jill is hiding behind Hunk's belly in the photo on the left. It's covering part of her waistline. In the upper-right picture in the swing, his elbow is doing the same thing. In the bottom photo, the camera is above her looking down. She appears to be bending forward slightly, and there may be some filtering. 

If Diet Plexus really works like she claims, why is all of this subterfuge necessary? Also, she's a middle-aged woman who's had over a dozen kids. Her days of being eighteen are far over, as they are for most of us. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
5 minutes ago, lianau said:

Way to make sure everyone will focus on your missing son. 

It's like Where's Waldo? in reverse.  How could she not see how awful and obvious that alteration was?

5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

In the bottom photo, the camera is above her looking down.

I think there is also quite a bit of photoshopping of her midsection going on there.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, kaleidoscope said:

Now I really am worried about Phillip.  I wonder if they have sent him away somewhere?

It is a distinct possibility that they've sent him off to be deprogrammed and he is not free to leave.  That he didn't attend his own brother's wedding is not a good sign.

• Sad 15
  • Useful 3