Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I wonder how many Rodlets will be included in the wedding party?

Actually, probably none because Jill won't want to A. shell out the money for a bridesmaid's dress/tuxedo or suit, and B. Jill won't want anyone to outshine her - perhaps not even the bride, if she can help it.

• Like 12
51 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I wonder how many Rodlets will be included in the wedding party?

Kaylee and Nurie weren’t there. It could also be a friend or another relative missing. 🤷🏼‍♀️

IMG_7865.jpeg

No clue about Timothy’s brothers.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Kaylee and Nurie weren’t there. It could also be a friend or another relative missing. 🤷🏼‍♀️

IMG_7865.jpeg

No clue about Timothy’s brothers.

Was Heidi allowed to have friends?  It looks like she does have some.  If a Rodlet is asked, Heidi will probably have to provide a dress for her.

I was thinking about what I could do with Jill if she ever came to visit me. What we usually do is take friends to happy hour at a pub right down the street on the water. I wear shorts and order a tropical drink. Warning!! Can’t do either of those with Jill and hunk!! I mean, I know I’d find something to do. But it just was funny to think of my go to being so incredibly offensive to these people, and so every day whatever to me. 

I wear shorts all the time in this season (of life  ha), or skorts, or short skirts. And the couple of times I’ve had a longer skirt on, I confess the hiking it up under the table because I was too hot. Ha. When you really start to think about it, everything that I find normal is so limited in their life. I don’t know how the hell you live like that. I’m also a good one for a racy joke here and there. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Let's hope Jill's posting fingers are rarin' to go.  I want deets on the wedding ASAP.  I sort of have a soft spot for Tim what with his delusional missionary pilot dreams and his aborted attempt to find a life of his own in Wisconsin.  I'm hoping the marriage and Heidi's family can help him take at least a baby step towards a better life.

• Like 18
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I hope Tim and Heidi have a wonderful day and the wedding goes well. Maybe Mahmo Jill will stay in the background for once in her life and let the bride and groom have the spotlight. 

Don't bet on it.  I expect Jill is already a bit put out that they've relocated hundreds of miles away from the Barndo and that Tim seems to enjoy spending time with the pants-wearing women of her family.  I predict Mahmo has something special planned just for Tim's wedding.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

The sane, kind side of me hopes Jill stays in the background and is a normal, supportive mother of the groom at Tim and Heidi's wedding, letting them have the spotlight on their special day. 

The not so nice side of me hopes Jill wears a white gown, insists on being pushed around in a wheelchair because her knee is broken again, bursts into loud sobs during the vows, hijacks the reception so her waifs can eat, and encourages Sam to propose to his pyscho girlfriend at some point during the festivities.

• LOL 18
3 hours ago, emma675 said:

The sane, kind side of me hopes Jill stays in the background and is a normal, supportive mother of the groom at Tim and Heidi's wedding, letting them have the spotlight on their special day. 

The not so nice side of me hopes Jill wears a white gown, insists on being pushed around in a wheelchair because her knee is broken again, bursts into loud sobs during the vows, hijacks the reception so her waifs can eat, and encourages Sam to propose to his pyscho girlfriend at some point during the festivities.

Any of which could certainly happen.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

A speech. Jill will, at the very least, grab the microphone and give a very long speech. The speech will mention Tim and Heidi and the rest will be about her.

Along with a recruiting spiel for Plexus.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

So, who will post first? Jana posted on her wedding day, but it was late in the day (they had an evening wedding). 

Ellen might post something tonight. Not sure about the kids. I wonder how long Jill will hold out? 🤔

I bet the ceremony has started. A mid afternoon wedding so they don't have to serve more than snacks. I miss the days when fundies livestreamed their weddings. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 11
23 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So, who will post first? Jana posted on her wedding day, but it was late in the day (they had an evening wedding). 

Ellen might post something tonight. Not sure about the kids. I wonder how long Jill will hold out? 🤔

I bet the ceremony has started. A mid afternoon wedding so they don't have to serve more than snacks. I miss the days when fundies livestreamed their weddings. 

I don't know.  I think maybe they will serve real food.  They said almost a year ago that they had the caterer hired.  The Coverettes seem much classier than the Rods.

• Like 15
5 hours ago, Notabug said:

I predict Mahmo has something special planned just for Tim's wedding.

If she does, there will be no magnanimous gestures of Christian forgiveness from team Heidi. Payback may be subtle or delayed, but Heidi's sisters won't forgive or forget intentional wedding-disrupting antics. If I were Jill, I'd tread lightly. 

• Like 12
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I don't know.  I think maybe they will serve real food.  They said almost a year ago that they had the caterer hired.  The Coveretts seem much classier than the Rods.

A bar that is so low, snakes do the limbo under it. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 21
On 9/10/2024 at 6:59 PM, ginger90 said:

Words by Jill, I and me included just so we know who it’s about.

One thing I have learned about having a big family, is that my hands and heart are never empty.  As my children rapidly grow up and "fly the nest" to start lives / families of their own, I am tempted to sorrow over having "only" nine children still at home.  😅😉  I have clung to Janessa as my "baby" for 6 1/2 years.  She nursed until she was 3 years old and she still cuddles with me in my bed every day.  She tells me several times a day that she loves me. 🥰

Nevertheless, she is too quickly growing up and sometimes my heart aches 💔 with the fact that I have mothered my babies for 25 1/2 years.   I have chosen a selfless life of many sleepless nights and a very full and busy life.  But, I have cherished every moment of it.  It goes to show that the Scripture is true.....Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

My investment in our offspring has become one of my most treasured parts of life.  So many times life is depicted as "success" by all the activities we plan.  
*The work we do (outside the home). 
*The accomplishments we tout as "success".

But I have learned that one of life's greatest accomplishments is how we mothered our children.  We are raising up a generation for Christ, and once they are grown, their many hands will be able to accomplish a LOT more than our two hands ever could!   🤲  Remember, the hand that rocks the cradle, rules the world.  Giving your womb to God takes surrender, but in the end brings immeasurable JOY!   😁  Psalms 127:3 "Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."

As my home starts to empty of my own children, my grandchildren start to fill my hands, home, and heart.  Having a big family (if God gives it to you), is the best life possible!  I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I am SO blessed!  🥰😊

💙💙💙💙🩷

#grandbabiesareajoy

I have chosen a selfless life

🤣x100000000

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
8 hours ago, Notabug said:

Let's hope Jill's posting fingers are rarin' to go.  I want deets on the wedding ASAP.  I sort of have a soft spot for Tim what with his delusional missionary pilot dreams and his aborted attempt to find a life of his own in Wisconsin.  I'm hoping the marriage and Heidi's family can help him take at least a baby step towards a better life.

I hope that Teidi has told Jill that she can’t post anything until they give her permission to do so. 

• Like 6

For anyone who watched Little House on the Prairie back in the day.  The episode where Willie gets married and Harriet says she isn't going to go, but she does, wearing black including a black veil, and crying the entire wedding.  That is the image I have for Jill (other than saying she isn't going to show up).  

• Like 3
  • LOL 18
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So was Jed! Duggar's. At least until the video crapped out before the vows. 😂

But we did get to see the herd of cows in attendance.  It was quite mooooving!

PS: I don’t remember which Duggar boy actually had cows but didn’t want to waste the opportunity.

• LOL 15

So no wedding pics, no update from Jilly. So I think one of two things happened, IMHO. Either the law was laid down by any number of people (Coveretts) to not post until Teidi posts first or Jill was butthurt by not being the center of attention at the nuptials and will post the cursory “congratulations to my Godly son and his even more Godly wife” sometime next week. Oh wait…or Jill FINALLY got her People Magazine exclusive!  I am certain the Coveretts put together a very nice wedding for Teidi and Jill (who obvs had little to do with the planning) is incensed by the whole thing. The wait for these pics is almost as bad as the wait for Jana’s!  It will be interesting to see if any Rods at all made the wedding party cut. 

• Like 15
7 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Jill (who obvs had little to do with the planning) is incensed by the whole thing.

Oh she has got to be incandescent that no one asked for her "help" with decorating the church.   Then everyone remarked how lovely it looked.   She has to be comparing what the Coveretts did in a tasteful manner with her usual tacky decor and absolutely losing it.

I am AMAZED that Tim and Heidi actually enforced the "no posting until we do" edict.   Its not like Jill actually listens to what her kids want.  

• Like 17
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Just did a FB run. Nada from Jill. Ellen posted a before/after pic with her and Jeremy. She looks lovely in emerald green. He's in a tan suit. She added to basically watch this space, pictures to come.

She had an actual Mother-of-the-Bride dress.  No tin foil dress or modesty panels.  She does look very lovely.  I'm looking forward to more pictures.  Thank you @Salacious Kitty for posting this picture.  I appreciate your sleuthing skills.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Just did a FB run. Nada from Jill. Ellen posted a before/after pic with her and Jeremy. She looks lovely in emerald green. He's in a tan suit. She added to basically watch this space, pictures to come.

A tan suit? I’m clutching my pearls! 😆

12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video:

IMG_7874.jpeg

IMG_7876.jpeg

Her dress is beautiful!

• Like 10

Ellen’s dress, while not what I would pick for a MotB dress, is appropriate to the occasion and very pretty. I am shocked that Jill has maintained radio silence on even as much as her selfies, which I’m certain there were many. I just want to see how she butchered what was probably already a full-coverage dress in the name of mahhhdesty. 

• Like 13
18 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

The dress is a very pretty color and the suit coordinates.  I think the wedding colors probably do also.   But why didn’t either of them pick the right size?   

That was my thought too. Ellen looks like Sophie dressed her.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2