Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Madtown said:

$1200 is cheaper from what I have seen in our area(Iowa). A house two down from us is a rental and it goes for $2250 a month. Another one around the corner is $2100. Granted, these are 3 bedroom 2 1/2 baths and finished basements. Other houses that are probably around Tim's house size, are anywhere from $1500-$1800.

I haven't thought of rents in ages but you make a good point, it isn't cheap. And while its not a house I would pick to live in, it gives you some land, a yard for kids.... as opposed to an apartment for that price. 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I haven't thought of rents in ages but you make a good point, it isn't cheap. And while its not a house I would pick to live in, it gives you some land, a yard for kids.... as opposed to an apartment for that price. 

But how far is it from the nearest city and employment opportunities? I’m not sure.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, AstridM said:

But how far is it from the nearest city and employment opportunities? I’m not sure.

Depends on what you consider a city.  It is close enough to Wooster and there are several large manufacturers in the area that have a lot of employees like Purell.

Seems like a 3 bedroom in Wooster rents for between $1000-$1500.  That's on a rental site; I don't know anything about neighborhoods or schools or other amenities so comparing is difficult.  However, it seems like Tim's price is in the ballpark for the area.

• Useful 7

According to Zillow the average rent for all all bedroom and property types in Wooster is $1250.    Apartments.com says its $750 without qualifiers as if it all types or not.   

$1200 for a whole house does not seem unreasonable.   Its probably enough to cover his mortgage, PTI and have a little left over to put aside for maintenance.   

• Useful 6
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

It could be that Tim knows someone who works at Newark who was able to recommend him for a job or maybe this was the place that was hiring.

Or Heidi's family knows someone who got him the job.  Since they live in Bucks County, my guess is they fly out of Newark because it's easier to get to from there (mileage isn't the only consideration).  

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Seems like a 3 bedroom in Wooster rents for between $1000-$1500.  That's on a rental site

His house is 2 bedrooms, 1 bath.

The listing says, “appliances including, stackable washer and dryer, are included. Some furnishings also available.”.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4

Maybe I'm making it worse in my head, but I remember his house sitting a few feet from the road and looking like one strong blow from the Big Bad Wolf would collapse it all.

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe I'm making it worse in my head, but I remember his house sitting a few feet from the road and looking like one strong blow from the Big Bad Wolf would collapse it all.

Yea, it isn't exactly in a great spot and it does look weak. 

• Like 9
(edited)

His house does have a double lot. Which might appeal to some people who are self employed and own equipment or something like that.

Also from the pics it is clean and has new appliances including laundry. That would be a plus for many.

Last google pics I saw of the house, Tim seems to have added a small fenced dog area in the shade of some trees. Way too small for a large dog to be left there all day though.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 5

Which brings up being a rental owner living far away might be problematic. Who will handle issues or repairs needed in ohio if Tim is living far away. Sam or Gabe? It won't be ever dependable fix it man Dave, who is on the road or on vacation much of the year and is ever so busy in the print shop and fixing things or sleeping in the recliner at the barndo.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
50 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Which brings up being a rental owner living far away might be problematic. Who will handle issues or repairs needed in ohio if Tim is living far away. Sam or Gabe? It won't be ever dependable fix it man Dave, who is on the road or on vacation much of the year and is ever so busy in the print shop and fixing things or sleeping in the recliner at the barndo.

Having seen Dave's handiwork doing repairs around the barndo; I would hope Tim keeps him far, far away.  We saw Dave's 'skills' in remodeling and electrical work in the barndo; it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

• Like 12

It would be interesting to see Tim and Heidi as landlords to Sam and Brianne. Landlord-tenant relationships can get very sticky, and Tim's house appears to be a flip, so who knows what problems it has. And what happens if Sam can't pay the rent? It wouldn't be pretty. 

• Like 9

Words by Jill, I and me included just so we know who it’s about.

One thing I have learned about having a big family, is that my hands and heart are never empty.  As my children rapidly grow up and "fly the nest" to start lives / families of their own, I am tempted to sorrow over having "only" nine children still at home.  😅😉  I have clung to Janessa as my "baby" for 6 1/2 years.  She nursed until she was 3 years old and she still cuddles with me in my bed every day.  She tells me several times a day that she loves me. 🥰

Nevertheless, she is too quickly growing up and sometimes my heart aches 💔 with the fact that I have mothered my babies for 25 1/2 years.   I have chosen a selfless life of many sleepless nights and a very full and busy life.  But, I have cherished every moment of it.  It goes to show that the Scripture is true.....Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

My investment in our offspring has become one of my most treasured parts of life.  So many times life is depicted as "success" by all the activities we plan.  
*The work we do (outside the home). 
*The accomplishments we tout as "success".

But I have learned that one of life's greatest accomplishments is how we mothered our children.  We are raising up a generation for Christ, and once they are grown, their many hands will be able to accomplish a LOT more than our two hands ever could!   🤲  Remember, the hand that rocks the cradle, rules the world.  Giving your womb to God takes surrender, but in the end brings immeasurable JOY!   😁  Psalms 127:3 "Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."

As my home starts to empty of my own children, my grandchildren start to fill my hands, home, and heart.  Having a big family (if God gives it to you), is the best life possible!  I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I am SO blessed!  🥰😊

💙💙💙💙🩷

#grandbabiesareajoy

• Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wasn't this Jonathon and Kaylee's house? I remember it being close to the road and it just looked so unsafe. I can't remember the outside of Tim's house.

Edit to show Jonathan and Kaylee's house.

410595493_122111462150133582_8188485053568177345_n.jpg

Edited by Madtown
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4

None of Jill's children have "flown the nest" and she hasn't willing let go of any control over any of them. Other than maybe now Timothy who has seemed to create a degree or two of separation.

Timothy, they moved every dang thing that belonged to him when he went to Moody. He called from Moody College and he, mama and the sisters all cried because he was away from them. While at Moody he sent valentine's day gifts to florida for his mom and Nurie. (WTH)

Nurie and Nathan -Jill approved for her to marry Anna Duggar's brother. They seem to visit the rods many times per year and Jill visits florida many times per year with much documented weeping and moaning at every parting like it is goodbye forever.

Kaylee and Jonathan who live "just 4 1/2 miles away us" changed churches to be with the family, are shown at the barndo day and night. Kaylee wrote in the first (never again seen) quarterly magazine how she was so completely homesick for her siblings.

Phillip went to two bible colleges and then made a bail to OKC. was apparently convinced to come back to ohio under the guise of ministry with a good pastor.

Renee - whatever happened there, but mama could not keep her camera off.

Samuel - Jill says upon his graduation at 19 1/2 "I look forward to posting updates about his life"

she has not moved on to her "new season of life"

Janessa - why on earth would anyone need to know she nursed until age 3. Jill is still talking baby talk to Janessa, Sadie, Olivia, Sofia in every damn video just likes she screeches and her grandchildren.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

Janessa is gonna sleep in the same room as mama until mama dies. I don’t think Jill will let Janessa go. Janessa is probably worst off than any of her siblings. I bet she is near Jill 24/7 as her support child. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
17 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Janessa is gonna sleep in the same room as mama until mama dies. I don’t think Jill will let Janessa go. Janessa is probably worst off than any of her siblings. I bet she is near Jill 24/7 as her support child. 

I kind of doubt that. I think Jill ignores ALL her children in private.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Are the pink/blue hearts at the end of the post supposed to represent her grandchildren? Doesn't she have 1 granddaughter and only 3 grandsons, not 4? Or am I missing something.

• Like 6

Jill you don't know what fly the nest means. You've never let them leave even when they move out.

What accomplishments have your kids have? Any of them? Graduated college? Your 0-2. Flying? Nope. Missionaries? Nope. How many businesses did Tim lose? Sing? No. Do they have any talents? No. 

The only accomplishment is all thirteen kids are still alive despite all the unsafe conditions, accidents and lack of food. That's more on God then you.

• Like 20
  • Applause 2

I would be worried about the 3 year old because at that age there are so many things she should be able to do….but I remember none of the older kids can do them either.   

At least the three year old is eating regular even if it is just to make Jill feel more like a mother.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

I would be worried about the 3 year old because at that age there are so many things she should be able to do….but I remember none of the older kids can do them either.   

At least the three year old is eating regular even if it is just to make Jill feel more like a mother.

Do you mean Janessa? If so, she’s 6.

• Like 7
(edited)

Sorry my wording was bad or maybe my own reading comprehension is.   So maybe I shouldnt talk.    Went by what Jill said about breastfeeding Janessa until she was 3.  Which is not standard.   Was curious looked it up by that age kid should be eating solid foods so unless Janessa was taking big bites out of Mahmo’s boobs this is way below standard guidelines.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 6
5 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Sorry my wording was bad or maybe my own reading comprehension is.   So maybe I should talk.    Went by what Jill said about breastfeeding Janessa until she was 3.  Which is not standard.   Was curious looked it up by that age kid should be eating solid foods so unless Janessa was taking big bites out of Mahmo’s boobs this is way below standard guidelines.  

Oh, I also thought that was odd. Nursed until age 3?

• Like 4
1 minute ago, AstridM said:

Oh, I also thought that was odd. Nursed until age 3?

It isn't that unusual for a child to nurse that long even though personally, I think that is a bit much. 

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Sorry my wording was bad or maybe my own reading comprehension is.   So maybe I shouldnt talk.    Went by what Jill said about breastfeeding Janessa until she was 3.  Which is not standard.   Was curious looked it up by that age kid should be eating solid foods so unless Janessa was taking big bites out of Mahmo’s boobs this is way below standard guidelines.  

By age 3, the majority of breastfed kids are eating solid foods and drinking from a cup just like any other kid.  Most breastfed 3 year olds are using it for comfort; often nursing mainly at bedtime or when they are sick or upset.  I am sure Janessa was not breastfeeding as her entire diet at age 3.

• Like 16
14 minutes ago, Notabug said:

By age 3, the majority of breastfed kids are eating solid foods and drinking from a cup just like any other kid.  Most breastfed 3 year olds are using it for comfort; often nursing mainly at bedtime or when they are sick or upset.  I am sure Janessa was not breastfeeding as her entire diet at age 3.

Though considering how Jill feeds her kids, it is possible. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

My personal opinion is that if the kid is old enough to comment on the quality of the breast milk, its time to stop breast feeding.

I have no doubt that Jill breastfed Janessa until age 3 for the sole reason of keeping her a baby.   The poor kid just got a real bed this year, she's been a crib all this time.    

If Jill had gotten pregnant again, Janessa would have been shoved off onto one of the older kids and just as neglected as all the others.   

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
28 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Though considering how Jill feeds her kids, it is possible. 

Remember Janessa in a high chair in the corner while the rest of the family ate at the table? That was before she was 3, so she was eating some kind of food. Quality of which is debatable. 

• Like 5

Janessa would have been ditched in a second if another blessing had come along. But she is the baby and every dang time Jill poses with some woman with an infant, Jill is holding "baby" Janessa.☹️

Janessa was still shown in a high chair in a restaurant at almost 5 yrs old.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 1
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Janessa would have been ditched in a second if another blessing had come along. But she is the baby and every dang time Jill poses with some woman with an infant, Jill is holding "baby" Janessa.☹️

Janessa was still shown in a high chair in a restaurant at almost 5 yrs old.

Yeah, I just wanted to underscore that she was eating solids before she was 3. 

• Like 5

I don’t know if Tim could handle TSA, but it’s a decent job. I have a friend with no more than a high school education doing it for years. You get so much training, maybe he is able to handle it somehow. That would be an amazing thing for them, so it’s probably not that.

Janessa is going to be soooo effed up. The baby talk, that rag in her mouth 24/7. And I can’t even get started on the crib thing. Just because you might still fit in it doesn’t mean you should be in it. 

and calling herself selfless for having children? I guess because she had to do the god owns you womb thing. For some reason fruit of the womb always makes me laugh. I have never once thought of myself as selfless because I raised kids. You do what you do because you want children. It’s not like you’re putting out fires, or saving dying people in car accidents.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

and calling herself selfless for having children? I guess because she had to do the god owns you womb thing. For some reason fruit of the womb always makes me laugh. I have never once thought of myself as selfless because I raised kids. You do what you do because you want children. It’s not like you’re putting out fires, or saving dying people in car accidents.

I think this is really a back handed dig at people who DONT have kids, or only have 1 or 2... because the quiverfull/IBLP people consider people who limit their family size to be selfish.

• Like 6
  • Angry 9
  • Useful 1

And if god doesn’t bless you with children clearly you have done something wrong. Therefore the more kids you have the more god favors you. So what if you can’t properly feed, clothe or educate them. Once they are born no one sees them as important, just another warrior in gods army (or some such nonsense)

• Like 14
  • Love 1