Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

OMG. I bet Jill made Nurie do FB so she can tell her what to post.

Well, there are no posts yet. Or if there are, they're private. That would sort of defeat the purpose. 😂

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Probably "donations." He gives them the tracts  for "free" or "at cost" and then they make a donation to his "ministry" (him. he is the ministry) and I would bet this is all tax free as a "religious organization." 

“At cost” basically means the dollar value of materials, equipment, utilities and labor that a company pays to produce something. Davey can charge for his time to produce the smileys, and he probably does. Not a large sum, obviously, but a sum still. He most likely also adds a small charge for use of his equipment to help with upkeep.  And yes, he is probably tax exempt because it’s a “ministry”.  So the Rods (unless they are doing things wrong) are earning money on printing the smiley tracts. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Nurie is on Facebook???? Is it really her?  

Jill “liked” a comment on a post of Nurie’s while on her break from the brutal world of social media.

• Like 1
  • LOL 21

The fact Jill said she would take a break and has not personally posted (liking someone else's post doesn't count) is amazing.    Something truly serious must have gotten through to her.    Because that woman was addicted to posting her every thought.

• Like 10

Let's remember the pic of her garden Dave/Renee sent to Jill while she was away for a month. Surely in this family time jill we claim they harvested 15 or so perfect ears of corn from those tiny plants, with many more still on the stalk. 

451801005_3672186066353053_965393583263313080_n.jpg.09620a5fad3c6d88e6c370cf643e4ef9.jpg

• LOL 10

I am having a hard time imagining that Dave is actually monitoring Jill's phone activity, unless he actually took her phone away and locked it up somewhere - unlikely, since she needs her phone to run her "business."  He might've handed down the punishment, but he strikes me as too lazy to make sure his rules are being followed, and Jill strikes me as someone who could find a way to skirt the rules anyway.

• Like 16

Jill went about 3 days without posting maybe a year or so ago. Everyone was shocked. I'm unsure if anyone figured out why, or if Jill said why when she came back. It might have been around the time folks were unfriending(?) her on IG so she wouldn't reach a certain number.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

It is interesting she worded this break as "we have decided....".

Who is we? Dave barely responds when she shoves the camera in his face. Her children have shown they are uncomfortable having the camera shoved in their faces. No one needs to see what the family is doing at 2am. She recorded her SIL preaching against social media and posted it. 😂

Tim decided to control his own online presence, Jonathan and Kaylee seem to not want to keep up posting every dang detail of their life. Now Nurie, without Nathan, has her own fb. Phillip is beyond her showing/posting at the moment.

There have been no posts of "great preaching" at the new church or selfies with others shown during services so I think they must frown on that.

jill should go back and read her own posts about social media.

Screenshot (700).png

• Like 12

Jill has ZERO self-awareness and is immune to irony. She clearly believes that HER personal social media is GODLY and is an ENCOURAGEMENT to others!!!!

She doesn't ever reflect on her own motivations... she would not say "Hey am I doing this to gain accolades? Am I doing it for the glory of God or my own ego? Am I providing an example of Christina womanhood, or am I just boasting and showing off?"

She would not consider the bible verses that instruct us to  pray in private, to do good deeds anonymously

Matthew 6: 

1. When you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. 

5. “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others.

• Like 14
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

she would not say "Hey am I doing this to gain accolades? Am I doing it for the glory of God or my own ego? Am I providing an example of Christina womanhood, or am I just boasting and showing off?"

Doncha know, God wants what Jill wants.   God wants Jill shown off and bragged about as a Good Christian Woman.   

Amazing how that works out.

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Doncha know, God wants what Jill wants.   God wants Jill shown off and bragged about as a Good Christian Woman.   

Amazing how that works out.

Everything she does is performative. Radio silence must be KILLING her.

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Someone mentioned wondering what Heidi’s wedding gown would look like. So, here’s her sister’s just for the heck of it.

IMG_7493.jpeg

This is a beautiful gown!  I have a feeling the Heidi/Tim wedding will be a very nice event.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, beagletime said:

This is a beautiful gown!  I have a feeling the Heidi/Tim wedding will be a very nice event.

I'm thinking her sisters will see to that.  From a post months ago, they have had the venue and the caterer lined up and Heidi's dress ordered.  They started planning almost a year ago, as opposed to most Fundie weddings where "engagement" lasts a couple of months.  I'm thinking this will be a pretty nice affair.  I'm quite sure there won't be melted ice cream being served  to guests standing in a parking lot (Jessa) or a shared celebration (Nurie and her grandparents anniversary). I doubt any of the Duggars will be invited.  I wonder how many people will be there.  Usually, weddings are an occasion for a large crowed so young people and socialize and mothers can hunt for prospective spouses for their daughters.  I hope Jill has her phone back in action by then.

• Like 5
Just now, CalicoKitty said:

I hope Jill has her phone back in action by then.

I hope Heidi and Tim make her check it at the door.   Not buried in her purse but checked in a locked box.   That only Tim has the key to.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 11
3 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I hope Heidi and Tim make her check it at the door.   Not buried in her purse but checked in a locked box.   That only Tim has the key to.

I agree during the wedding.  Maybe let her have it at the reception for an hour.  I would love to see her posts and pictures from a big event that she had nothing to do with (I truly hope).

• Like 8
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

It is interesting she worded this break as "we have decided....".

Who is we? Dave barely responds when she shoves the camera in his face. Her children have shown they are uncomfortable having the camera shoved in their faces. No one needs to see what the family is doing at 2am. She recorded her SIL preaching against social media and posted it. 😂

I think this is just Jill playing the part of perfect helpmeet. Saying we implies that either Jill and Dave prayed (tearfully, of course) for many hours or Dave put on his headship pants and told her to take a break. Jill looooves to pretend that Dave is the ultimate in hunky headships, but anyone following can see that Mr Jill is utterly checked out. I'm guessing that pleases Jill pretty well; she gets to brag about her husband "letting" her live on social media, rock the raccoon eyes and have a Plexus 'career' (such as it is), things things that are discouraged in some branches of fundyism, but Jill is totally in charge behind the scenes. 

Sure, it's possible that Dave finally put his foot down on the Social Media front. Let's face it, if my partner was regularly posting content that made me look as unmotivated and derpy as Jill's does Dave, I might say something too. Still, it seems more likely that Jill is taking a break to figure out the Phillip situation and how they're going to re-brand now that some of the kids are breaking away (sort of, kind of, a little bit). 

• Like 16
15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It just occurred to me that Nathan, not wanting any part of this, asked to not be included in a stupid couple's name. 

If so, this is the first thing I’ve truly liked about him!

• Like 8
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the Nurthan and the Kayjon homes. I bet the conversations are interesting. 

About as interesting as the old TV test patterns! 

• LOL 21
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the Nurthan and the Kayjon homes. I bet the conversations are interesting. 

Nah. Those Rodlets are so brainwashed they would never speak against Mahmo, even in their own homes. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
6 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Nah. Those Rodlets are so brainwashed they would never speak against Mahmo, even in their own homes. 

Amongst other reasons, they wouldn't speak against Jill in their homes because they cannot be sure that Jill didn't plant listening devices in the walls while hanging tacky decor everywhere.  No doubt that is something JRod would do if given a chance.

• Like 9
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

You would have to wait for Nathan to get done "wailing to the lord".

• LOL 9

I do not think Jonathan, Kaylee, Nathan or Nurie are deep thinkers. I doubt they have any real discussions about doing or thinking different things than their parents.  They get steady reinforcement of what they’ve been taught since childhood.  They don’t watch or read anything that would deviate from that. They don’t get challenged  by anyone on anything because they only associate with like minded people.  

• Like 17
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 1

I would think Jonathan would run a very strict household, and Nurie pretty much does what she is told to do.  Nurie probably has permission to be on Face Book, but he may approve her posts first.  How he tolerates Jill, I don't know, but it is good they don't live close to each other.

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I would think Jonathan would run a very strict household, and Nurie pretty much does what she is told to do.  Nurie probably has permission to be on Face Book, but he may approve her posts first.  How he tolerates Jill, I don't know, but it is good they don't live close to each other.

Do you mean Nathan? There is no way Jonathan runs his household; we all know Jilly runs that house. I think if Nurthan lived closer to Jilly, she would also be running that household. I think we all know that.

• Like 15
42 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Yet Jonathan is shown sleeping fully dressed on couch at the barndo at 2:30am along with Sam and Gabe. The Hill family is often shown late at night at the barndo so I am not sure Jonathan is in charge of much.

I do think now that Tim and Heidi, Kaylee, Sam's girl, Nathan's brother David, etc can see the personal things Jill posts about her family and possibly seeing online things posted about the Rods they are maybe starting to get a clue about limiting.

Nathan surely managed to squash Jill's posting of the new baby's birth with all the drama real or created by Jill, and you know she was dying to post it.

Heidi's family was able to rein in Jill on the bridal shower pics too.

Jill is moving on and looking forward to posting about Samuel, but after the Renee's guy fiasco postings, some limit seems to have been placed on the courtship posting too. Of course Jill, being Jill has posted many pics and videos of Sam and the girl without saying they are courting.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Do you mean Nathan? There is no way Jonathan runs his household; we all know Jilly runs that house. I think if Nurthan lived closer to Jilly, she would also be running that household. I think we all know that.

Yeah, Jonathan seems incredibly weak.

• Like 6

For someone as addicted to social media as Jill, I have to wonder how she's handling/not handling it.  I hope she's not taking it out on her kids but in Philip's absence, she might be.  I personally took a giant step back from Facebook several months ago and even for me, a "regular" user, it made me a bit twitchy at first but I supplanted my phone for reading books, writing, doing other things.  I'm not sure if Jill is outside happily harvesting tomatoes or taking walks with her kids while her phone sits collecting dust, hidden somewhere in one of her kids' old homeschooling books (a perfect hiding spot if I'm Dave).

• Like 6
  • LOL 9

Reddit has a post that shows Jill’s email blog blast from their ministry. She posted that she was going to stop sending it out to everyone except churches.  She uses some third party email service and complained about the cost.  
I have a feeling that the Phillip situation exposed the vastness of her social media to David and  he didn’t approve. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 5

How many people were getting her newsletter? The service allowed for several thousand emails per month for like $20. 

She just doesn't want to do the extra work when she documents everything on her socials. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I have a feeling that the Phillip situation exposed the vastness of her social media to David and  he didn’t approve. 

Possibly showed that not everyone sees them in the best light.   That video was on a site not controlled by Jill so she couldn't delete all the negative stuff.   I'm sure she gives David only a HIGHLY filtered version of her posts and the reactions to them.   He's too lazy to check himself.   But this one was beyond her control so he got to see the raw data so to speak.   He might bestir himself enough at that point to actually act like a headship if HE is being criticized.

• Like 5

She also posted on the blog that she is going to stop posting there as well and everyone should check out their youtube videos for family updates in the future.

Their Youtube is not monetized so 🤷‍♀️

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Possibly showed that not everyone sees them in the best light.   That video was on a site not controlled by Jill so she couldn't delete all the negative stuff.   I'm sure she gives David only a HIGHLY filtered version of her posts and the reactions to them.   He's too lazy to check himself.   But this one was beyond her control so he got to see the raw data so to speak.   He might bestir himself enough at that point to actually act like a headship if HE is being criticized.

My guess is that the church elders found out about her posting, and the content that she was posting.  They probably had a meeting with Dave and told him to take her off line.  They probably came down really hard.  Isn't this a relatively new church for them?  I'm sure the people in charge aren't playing, and Dave had to step up his "headship" role.  How will she run her "business" and preach to people without being on line?

• Like 8
22 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

She also posted on the blog that she is going to stop posting there as well

Social media is not an airline, no need to announce your departure. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 14

It is almost like she is hoping a lot of people will become incensed that she has stopped posting, and that there will be so many demands for her return that she will be allowed to continue.  After all, she is so special and important.

• Like 8
  • LOL 6
55 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

She also posted on the blog that she is going to stop posting there as well and everyone should check out their youtube videos for family updates in the future.

Their Youtube is not monetized so 🤷‍♀️

If she wants everyone to watch YouTube for updates, it could become monetized. Wasn't her IG account monetized?

And she's still reading and posting on social media.  I saw some fb thread from yesterday on a fb group I'm on, where she responded to a lady about homeschooling. 

Aren't they paid by some missionary group, or am I mistaken? If they are, maybe it's possible the people were getting complaints about what their money was going to, with all the VACATIONS Jill posted about, not to mention other things. Anyway,  could be they said they'd drop the Rods support if Jill didn't stop posting. Just wild speculation on my part.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
17 minutes ago, beckie said:

Aren't they paid by some missionary group, or am I mistaken? If they are, maybe it's possible the people were getting complaints about what their money was going to, with all the VACATIONS Jill posted about, not to mention other things. Anyway,  could be they said they'd drop the Rods support if Jill didn't stop posting. Just wild speculation on my part.

If it isn't about Phillip, I think this is the right idea. I suspect that there are more people who sponsor the Rods because Jill and Dave have made it quite clear that they aren't about to get actual jobs to feed and clothe their kids than because of the great quality of their product. The problem is, when BME is making trips to Vegas and the Caribbean and buying baseball bonnets and sweat blouses like they are going out of style, it becomes pretty obvious that those waifs are the way they are because Jill only wants to spend money on herself. I'll bet Jill Rod, girl boss (blergh), has driven off a fair few donors.

• Like 15
31 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

If it isn't about Phillip, I think this is the right idea. I suspect that there are more people who sponsor the Rods because Jill and Dave have made it quite clear that they aren't about to get actual jobs to feed and clothe their kids than because of the great quality of their product. The problem is, when BME is making trips to Vegas and the Caribbean and buying baseball bonnets and sweat blouses like they are going out of style, it becomes pretty obvious that those waifs are the way they are because Jill only wants to spend money on herself. I'll bet Jill Rod, girl boss (blergh), has driven off a fair few donors.

Jill's posts don't reflect full time ministry and we need money much these days.

All the things listed above plus all those little getaways for Jill and Dave seem to happen frequently.

Jill also shows videos with new shed, new generator, trampoline, all the lights on in most every video. Endless new junk decorating the barndo.

Jill in so many new clothes, while posting of her older girls excitedly grabbing for the 8 things mama deems she no longer wants and it's ok to give to them while she takes video.

Jill once posted about how she was teaching her children to "live off the land". Her pathetic mini garden shows otherwise.

They live off the full time grift and have for what 12-13 years now?

• Like 14

This all went down right after Jill mentioned Philip in chuch and people saw it/heard it watching the online service.  They left comments that whoever monitors the church page saw and no doubt took to the pastor.  That service was removed and Jill was silenced all around the same time.  Apparently the Philip situation has likely put her entire ministry into question or the comments brought up some real home truths the church hadn't been aware of or realized the world at large was tracking.

• Like 11
  • Useful 5
44 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Methinks that we may be witnessing the caboose of the JillPM Grift Train. 

I wish. Will be sad to lose the snark material but wouldn’t it be great if she and David have to figure out how to support the family another way and he gets a real job?

• Like 12
3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

It is almost like she is hoping a lot of people will become incensed that she has stopped posting, and that there will be so many demands for her return that she will be allowed to continue.  After all, she is so special and important.

Part of the grift.

Part of a post from at least a year ago:

IMG_7715.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 2
12 hours ago, Absolom said:

This all went down right after Jill mentioned Philip in chuch and people saw it/heard it watching the online service.  They left comments that whoever monitors the church page saw and no doubt took to the pastor.  That service was removed and Jill was silenced all around the same time.  Apparently the Philip situation has likely put her entire ministry into question or the comments brought up some real home truths the church hadn't been aware of or realized the world at large was tracking.

I've gone back and read, but can't find any mention of the Philip situation. Could someone either point me to a post with a description or give me a summary? 

13 minutes ago, TrixieTrue said:

I've gone back and read, but can't find any mention of the Philip situation. Could someone either point me to a post with a description or give me a summary? 

Apparently Jill ask for prayers (for her) at their current church because Phillip has become too arrogant and is living in his car in OK.

Phil seems to be going through something. Possibly a crisis of faith, onset of mental health issues or has joined a cult.

I think you can find more info on Redditt. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2