Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Meanwhile, Heidi’s mom loves the beach.

IMG_7550.jpeg

So does Jill but she would have several pieces of modest clothing on looking silly being at the beach. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill would also find a deserted spot. At night. 😀

Can’t risk having those godless temptresses luring away her sexy hunk of a husband. Whom she ADORES.

• LOL 10

Jill, it takes exactly zero effort to throw a bunch of stuff in a crock pot and let that do all the cooking for you.  Grift you an InstaPot and you'll feed your kids actual good food for days on end.  Come on, you can't justify your kids being "trim" as a reason for starvation.  

How's that unfiltered Plexus life working out for you?  You know that we know that you don't actually look like your filtered pics that you use to sling that mess.  Tsk, tsk. God doesn't like a liar.  

I hope that settles well with you 😘

• Like 15
Just now, ALittleShelfish said:

Jill, it takes exactly zero effort to throw a bunch of stuff in a crock pot and let that do all the cooking for you.  Grift you an InstaPot and you'll feed your kids actual good food for days on end.  Come on, you can't justify your kids being "trim" as a reason for starvation.  

How's that unfiltered Plexus life working out for you?  You know that we know that you don't actually look like your filtered pics that you use to sling that mess.  Tsk, tsk. God doesn't like a liar.  

I hope that settles well with you 😘

One wouldn't be enough, she probably would need about 3. 

• Like 12
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

One wouldn't be enough, she probably would need about 3. 

Well, she can start with the crockpot Heidi got at her shower. And I heard she got the Kitchen Aid too. Jill must be seething. 

• LOL 14
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

Well, she can start with the crockpot Heidi got at her shower. And I heard she got the Kitchen Aid too. Jill must be seething. 

We are only 3 adults but I use my crockpot often (it is a 4.5 quart). A great idea for stretching chicken is to use boneless (whatever you like) and when it is done, shred it. For some reason, it seems like it is  more meat. 

She should also watch Struggle Meals with Frankie Celenza. He has some great recipe ideas that could be adapted for bigger family. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She should also watch Struggle Meals with Frankie Celenza. He has some great recipe ideas that could be adapted for bigger family. 

Jill's very busy using the internet to post filtered photos of herself and then googling to see what strangers are saying so she can get angry and respond with righteous rants.

She doesn't have time to spend on helpmeet activities like cooking for her lazy headship and her army of waifs.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 8
20 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

She doesn't have time to spend on helpmeet activities like cooking for her lazy headship and her army of waifs.  

That's what Renee is for. To be content cooking, cleaning and teaching home school for mama until mama finds mr right, who is willing to move near the barndo and have every minute of his life put on SM for strangers.

• Sad 18
(edited)

Damn, Jill just posted they are taking a break from SM. How long do you think she will last not posting?

"The social media arena can be a great place to spread truth and God's principles, but also a brutal place. When you open yourself up to the "world's" criticism, it can be hard. We know where we stand, and why we stand there. Nevertheless, we sometimes yearn for that privacy we possessed before the days of smart phones, internet, etc.

As we journey through life, we strive to seek God's favor in all we do. Right now is one of those moments in life where we want to be sensitive to His leading. We feel that He wants us to take a break off of social media to spend more time in prayer, Bible reading, and valuable time together.

We will be back soon! Please pray for us as we seek God's face in ALL we do!

In His Service, Jill (and David too)

This brings me comfort....

Romans 4:20-21 KJV
He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; [21] And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform."

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 18
(edited)
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Damn, Jill just posted they are taking a break from SM. How long do you think she will last not posting

She typed they would be back soon.  So 3 days.  

It’s not a bad idea to take that break.    My guess is that it’s either David’s or their pastor’s idea. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 14
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

She does need SM to sell the pink stuff, resets etc to "win" those wonderful trips and all so yeah it won't be long.

Can they even be prayerful if no one is filming it to show their great piety?

• Like 18
  • LOL 5

Jill's blog post last week.

Posted on August 8, 2024 by Rodrigues Family

These Blog Posts are going to diminish! Please look at our VIDEO button to watch video updates on our family & ministry.

Greetings, friends. As you have noticed, these blog posts have become less frequent. Our ministry continues to grow, as does our family through marriages and grandbabies. Life seems to get busier and busier. We are pretty faithful in posting NEW YouTube videos which we add to this website in the video tab. Please enjoy catching updates of our family and ministry there. You can also follow us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts at- David Jill Noyes Rodrigues. We do daily, family/ministry updates there.

Thank you for your faithful financial and prayer support of our ministry. Our printing ministry continues to grow and we have now printed MILLIONS of Gospel Tracts….all for the glory of God and to propagate His blessed truth of the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ! To God be the glory, great things HE hath done!

We also continue to travel to sing, David preach and present our Printing Ministry.

It is rewarding, yet hard to watch our home slowly empty as our children grow up and start their own lives. Yet, we have NO greater JOY than to hear that our children walk in truth.

We love and appreciate you all!

In His Service, David & Jill Rodrigues

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

This just proves that she reads Reddit and maybe some other places. She couldn't get ahead of the messaging for the crisis with Phillip, and she's finally realizing that she needs to tend to her family for a change. 

• Like 16
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

It’s not a bad idea to take that break.    My guess is that it’s either David’s or their pastor’s idea. 

She had to tell the church why she wanted the video to be taken down, so I hope the pastor gave her a lecture about the evils of SM.

• Like 20
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Minivanessa said:

IIRC their agreement with the missionary clearinghouse that provides money for their support, includes printing those tracts for the churches who support them "at cost" - I think essentially for the costs of materials + shipping. 

In return, I believe the clearinghouse pays them a stipend of some sort, so they are being paid for the printing work; Jill just chooses to pretend they aren't.  The clearinghouse also sets up their griftortunities with the various churches, I think.  So, it's not that they don't get paid for the printing, it's that they call it 'ministry'.

• Like 13
  • Useful 5
12 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

This just proves that she reads Reddit and maybe some other places. She couldn't get ahead of the messaging for the crisis with Phillip, and she's finally realizing that she needs to tend to her family for a change. 

If by "tend," you mean circle the wagons and make sure every kid is still on the same page as Jill so another one doesn't run off and do a "Philip," then I agree.

I have to imagine that Jill views Philip's crisis as a reflection on her and the perfect life she's carefully cultivated, and less as something serious that Philip is dealing with.  If she loses another kid in a similar way, that's going to break her shiny happy façade.  

If she actually did take time off to check in on her kids and feed them, she'd have to make sure everyone knows about it, so I also think this break is at the strong advice of her pastor.  She's probably less than happy about it, though.

• Like 16
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

so I also think this break is at the strong advice of her pastor.  She's probably less than happy about it, though.

New church incoming.   We said this about the larger church that they would be less likely to put up with Jill's games.    

The clearninghouse must be desperate for printers if they are okay with Dave hitting print every 3 months and doing nothing else the rest of the time.   

• Like 13
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If by "tend," you mean circle the wagons and make sure every kid is still on the same page as Jill so another one doesn't run off and do a "Philip," then I agree.

I have to imagine that Jill views Philip's crisis as a reflection on her and the perfect life she's carefully cultivated, and less as something serious that Philip is dealing with.  If she loses another kid in a similar way, that's going to break her shiny happy façade.  

If she actually did take time off to check in on her kids and feed them, she'd have to make sure everyone knows about it, so I also think this break is at the strong advice of her pastor.  She's probably less than happy about it, though.

Yeah, I doubt that Jill is giving her kids any extra care because of this. She's always responded to the "haters" by snapping back that she doesn't control the kids, she (and hunk) just raised them right! It's not her fault that the rest of the world isn't as holy as they are! Well, now she has a kid who isn't under her control anymore (for whatever reason). Her shiny happy people internet existence has been shattered. 

• Like 13

It's not the airport, Jill. No need to announce your departure. I predict she'll be back within a couple of days. Even if it's just to tie up another "lose" end.

• Like 7
  • LOL 14

We all know Jill's break from SM will only be a break from posting - not reading. She won't last because she'll see something that riles her up and she'll be back with all guns blazing.

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

Jill is going to turn HER phone off but will Dave, Sam, Renee and Tessie be turning theirs off as well, or will Jill just be using someone else's phone?

Dave is rarely seen lately not staring vacantly at his phone.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

The clearninghouse must be desperate for printers if they are okay with Dave hitting print every 3 months and doing nothing else the rest of the time.   

Printed tracts seem like a dying form of spreading the word. They're expensive, require a specialized skill, and end up as litter. 

The internet is cheaper and requires almost no skill (including facility with the language). There's also the lone guy walking around with a "The End Is Near"
sign. Every city has at least one. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
27 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jill is going to turn HER phone off but will Dave, Sam, Renee and Tessie be turning theirs off as well, or will Jill just be using someone else's phone?

Dave is rarely seen lately not staring vacantly at his phone.

Jill is a liar who lies. That phone will be off for less than one hour, if off at all. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
42 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Printed tracts seem like a dying form of spreading the word. They're expensive, require a specialized skill, and end up as litter. 

The tracts are an excuse to engage in person.   They trap the person they are trying to save victim and don't let them leave until they promise to follow the "one" true dog.   See Lord Daniel of the Laundromat.  

Its why they are seen at fairs and such.   Its about the in person contact.   And pssh these folks don't care about litter.   Or apparently graffiti on national monuments.

• Like 13
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

The tracts are an excuse to engage in person.   They trap the person they are trying to save victim and don't let them leave until they promise to follow the "one" true dog.   See Lord Daniel of the Laundromat.  

Its why they are seen at fairs and such.   Its about the in person contact.   And pssh these folks don't care about litter.   Or apparently graffiti on national monuments.

My friend's husband, who is a Gideon (Bible group), hangs out at fairs handing out  mini Bibles etc.... 

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill is a liar who lies. That phone will be off for less than one hour, if off at all. 

As always, with Jill, it's a just a performance.  It's the "show" she puts on to hopefully convince people( possibly even her new church and pastor) of her godliness and holiness. It has no resemblance to reality. She'll continue with life a usual . She's not turning off that phone. Also, how is Philip supposed to contact her if he decides to repent? Seriously, I would never turn off my phone if I had a child in crisis. Philip probably doesn't matter much to her but what about her precious Nurie and her namesake Naomi Christine?

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
17 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

As always, with Jill, it's a just a performance.  It's the "show" she puts on to hopefully convince people( possibly even her new church and pastor) of her godliness and holiness. It has no resemblance to reality. She'll continue with life a usual . She's not turning off that phone. Also, how is Philip supposed to contact her if he decides to repent? Seriously, I would never turn off my phone if I had a child in crisis. Philip probably doesn't matter much to her but what about her precious Nurie and her namesake Naomi Christine?

She is just saying she is going to turn off her phone. I think David either has it (and will leave it on) or he told her no postings. She overshared with Philip and it wasn't right. Than that "dumb questions" bit? Maybe he was embarrassed even though he took part in it. 

• Like 8

The thing is, Jill didn't really overshare this time. She spoke in her church. I'm sure it never occurred to her that this would reach the internet. Although of all people she should have - I mean she posts photos of funerals of folks she doesn't know.

I don't think David gives a shit. Whatever Jill does to bring in grifts, he's all for it. If this wasn't so embarrassing for them, they both would have been fine using Phil for a grift. I bet Jill is composing some grifty post about it as we discuss it all. She'll do the devil and his green beans have attacked Philly and she needs all the help (money) she can get to save him. Of course they'll need to switch churches first.

• Like 12
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The thing is, Jill didn't really overshare this time. She spoke in her church. I'm sure it never occurred to her that this would reach the internet. Although of all people she should have - I mean she posts photos of funerals of folks she doesn't know.

I don't think David gives a shit. Whatever Jill does to bring in grifts, he's all for it. If this wasn't so embarrassing for them, they both would have been fine using Phil for a grift. I bet Jill is composing some grifty post about it as we discuss it all. She'll do the devil and his green beans have attacked Philly and she needs all the help (money) she can get to save him. Of course they'll need to switch churches first.

Someone could have also spoken to David about the video and he needs to save face. 

• Like 6

Well, someone at the church realized that the video was getting huge viewership for them. Comments may also have been left that led to Jill. The pastor may have had a word or two with Dave about it, and here we are. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 4
12 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Well, someone at the church realized that the video was getting huge viewership for them. Comments may also have been left that led to Jill. The pastor may have had a word or two with Dave about it, and here we are. 

I wonder if the church took the video of that service offline as their own decision or if Jill asked them to. I suspect the former. As you said, if it was drawing huge numbers of views, out of proportion to their usual videos, someone could have noticed. And wondered why, and if they didn't already know, discovered Jill's voluminous online posts - spread across FB, Insta, and YouTube, no less. I wouldn't be surprised if that church leadership has no desire for their church to be represented online by Jill and the Rods. All that "we're brothers and sisters in Jesus" stuff has its limits. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 5
(edited)

Something had to lead them to Jill, and I really think comments were left on the video by Redditors touching the poop. I didn't see the video, but a member on FJ said it had over 2000 views, while their regular videos have maybe 50. 

Being patriarchal, this situation was handled between the men, so after getting an earful, Dave was forced to shut Jill down for the time being. It was probably the first time he told her to do anything in quite a while. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 5
  • Useful 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

She vaguebooked with the prayer video though. 

• Like 12
24 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Being patriarchal, this situation was handled between the men, so after getting an earful, Dave was forced to shut Jill down for the time being. It was probably the first time he told her to do anything in quite a while. 

Hmmm, I wonder how Jill took it.  Cutting off her social media...man, I wouldn't want to be on the other end of that meltdown.

• Like 9
  • LOL 10

Jill sees everything as a ministry, even Plexus. After going off on the evils of the internet, that she has overused, what will be the explanation when she returns. The internet won’t change.

Facebook:

IMG_7565.jpeg

Instagram:

IMG_7566.jpeg

• Like 8
7 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Yeah, I doubt that Jill is giving her kids any extra care because of this.

I'm sure that the kids have been told that Mamho is heartbroken and prostrated with grief after the horrible, hurtful thing that Phillip has done to her (and that will be exactly how Jill sees it; something that has been done to her). She will require extra special love and attention, extra reassurance that she the best mother in the world and presents. Lots and lots of presents.

• Like 17
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 7
  • Applause 3

They have also surely been told Phillip is on the path to hell and if they don't want to end up there too, they had better be extra diligent in following mama's rules and in being extra obedient.

• Like 4
  • Sad 16
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I'm sure that the kids have been told that Mamho is heartbroken and prostrated with grief after the horrible, hurtful thing that Phillip has done to her (and that will be exactly how Jill sees it; something that has been done to her). She will require extra special love and attention, extra reassurance that she the best mother in the world and presents. Lots and lots of presents.

🎯

• Like 7
  • Sad 1