Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I wondered that too, but it's probably somewhere in the Plexus talking points dictionary. 

Right under I go to the gym 3 times a week while rarely being home due to grifting vacations 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
29 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Right under I go to the gym 3 times a week while rarely being home due to grifting vacations 

She probably bought a January discount rate at the gym that she'll cancel Feb. 1. They're gone most of February in Florida. No way she keeps up a gym membership.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She probably bought a January discount rate at the gym that she'll cancel Feb. 1. They're gone most of February in Florida. No way she keeps up a gym membership.

Jill will be too busy eating out on the Keller family dime. Who cares if they soon will have 3 kids? Spending $ on Mahmo is more important!

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill will be too busy eating out on the Keller family dime. Who cares if they soon will have 3 kids? Spending $ on Mahmo is more important!

Yup, Honor thy father and mother and all that, per KJV 1611.

• Like 6

Sofia is 8yrs old, reading a book for a kindergarten age student and her mama is so proud. ☹️ 

Nothing against Sofia. Hey mama, a few sessions of homeschool, just so you can film for content is cheating your children!

Oh sure you get "plenty of new books". Every book you've ever shown your children using is falling apart. That book with Ronald Reagen talking about morals was surely just hot off the press. (not dave's press, because he only does the smiley garbage)

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 14
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

7FFC34DC-264F-4159-B78A-9546990E4E00.jpeg

AA7643DB-7553-4B20-ABC5-D0F992704561.jpeg

My son was a very early reader. He could have read that at age 2. I feel like she should be reading something a little bit more advanced at her age. I work at a library and kids her age are reading chapter books, not necessarily picture books. 

• Like 20
21 minutes ago, auburn-waves said:

I never post…..but Sofia……. Oh my. At that age I was reading Beverly Cleary, Judy Blume, Nancy Drew, Little House on the Prairie, etc. 

Yes, I remember reading the same as you did. 

• Like 14
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

What Jill finds especially charming about Sofia, is how much she reminds her of her favorite person - JILL!

And still Jill is clearly neglecting her twinny Sofia. Sofia does look like Tim aka Mahmo. 

When is the last time a doctor seen Sofia? Poor kid looks unwell.

• Sad 9
  • Useful 1

Sofia should be in third grade and Janessa in kindergarten. That book is a kindergarten reader. No word on the page is more than three letters. Janessa should be reading that book.

With that said, at least Sofia is learning to read.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Sofia should be in third grade and Janessa in kindergarten. That book is a kindergarten reader. No word on the page is more than three letters. Janessa should be reading that book.

With that said, at least Sofia is learning to read.

I also think it is more appropriate for Janessa. 

• Like 11

Reading all these books has done nothing for Teacher Jill's grammar skills.  The book Sofia is reading is certainly Kindergarten level.  At least she is getting some attention and learning to read at least basic words.

• Like 7
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

My son was a very early reader. He could have read that at age 2. I feel like she should be reading something a little bit more advanced at her age. I work at a library and kids her age are reading chapter books, not necessarily picture books. 

My daughter was a very early reader, too.  Poor Sofia will be lucky to read at 6th grade level, when she's an adult, with Mahmo as her "teacher."

Sure, Jill.  Keep your kids undereducated, so they'll always be under your thumb.  ☹️

• Sad 10
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

7FFC34DC-264F-4159-B78A-9546990E4E00.jpeg

AA7643DB-7553-4B20-ABC5-D0F992704561.jpeg

They “work amazing!” 🤦‍♀️ Maybe Jill is the one who needs to go back to school and study some grammar. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

What Jill finds especially charming about Sofia, is how much she reminds her of her favorite person - JILL!

Yep. For narcissists, their children are simply an extension of themselves. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 4
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

At age 8, I had already finished the whole Nancy Drew collection. . . 

1 hour ago, auburn-waves said:

I never post…..but Sofia……. Oh my. At that age I was reading Beverly Cleary, Judy Blume, Nancy Drew, Little House on the Prairie, etc. 

yes!!! 

• Like 14
13 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Everyday is Mother’s Day to Jill 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I looked back at Jill's posts about schoolin the children. I was particularly looking for one where Jill was getting ready for a getaway with her man, and was getting to school work sorted for Nurie, Kaylee, Renee to teach while they were gone. There was a small ziplock bag for Sophia with a book like the one shown today. The written instruction was "read one page each day"

I did not find that one, but 2 other interesting ones came up.

One is Sofia reading in Dec 2020. Not much progress in 3yrs. She is being cheated out of an education by her parents.

The other is Jill showing the stacks of books for the new school year in Sept 2017. Phillip is in 8th grade, Samuel in 7th, Gabe in 6th.

Phillip has "graduated" and been off to bible college for 2yrs.

Shouldn't Sam be graduated by now and Gabe this year??

Screenshot (577).png

Screenshot (575).png

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 2
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, auburn-waves said:

SAME!

The last two kids I watched were reading chapter books at 8 years old.

• Like 11
1 minute ago, Madtown said:

SAME!

The last two kids I watched were reading chapter books at 8 years old.

When my son was about 5 or 6, he received the Thomas the Tank Engine collection of the original stories, over 400 pages. There were illustrations of course but a lot of text. He would sit in out recliner and read for hours. 

• Like 10
(edited)
19 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I wondered that too, but it's probably somewhere in the Plexus talking points dictionary. 

I am sure she has seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.  Truly Scrumptious.

Edited by Natalie68
  • LOL 6
3 minutes ago, AstridM said:

ONE page per day, Jill?? 🤦‍♀️

Yea, that made me cringe. I would say a book a day, but the Rods place very little value on education so I'm not surprised. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
(edited)

Starting around age 6 or 7 I read every night until I fall asleep, as do my kids and husband. Books are something to climb into and enjoy. It pains me when some parents and some teachers make it feel like a chore.

Has Jill shown any non school books that are threadbare? We had Golden Books with goldless spines because not only were they read to the kids repeatedly, but they "read" them on their own all the time.

Do they even have any well worn kids' Bibles?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 10

Referencing those photos of Plexis Jill...oh my! Those are certainly NOT photos of the "modest, good Christian woman" that Jill claims to be. They are way too sexy and yes, she looks nothing like this. Too much photoshopping going on here...Isn't there something in the bibles that are against deception? Jill is deceiving her public regarding her appearance.

• Like 17
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Starting around age 6 or 7 I read every night until I fall asleep, as do my kids and husband. Books are something to climb into and enjoy. It pains me when some parents and some teachers make it feel like a chore.

Has Jill shown any non school books that are threadbare? We had Golden Books with goldless spines because not only were they read to the kids repeatedly, but they "read" them on their own all the time.

Do they even have any well worn kids' Bibles?

My dog has a better little golden book library than this family 

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Referencing those photos of Plexis Jill...oh my! Those are certainly NOT photos of the "modest, good Christian woman" that Jill claims to be. They are way too sexy and yes, she looks nothing like this. Too much photoshopping going on here...Isn't there something in the bibles that are against deception? Jill is deceiving her public regarding her appearance.

I wonder if this is part of the reason she does not go on the cruises.  People would not recognize her in person based on the photos she posts.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am sure she has seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.  Truly Scrumptious.

These morons did the Shitty Shitty Bang Bang one too many times, and that's why they have 13 kids who will never be properly educated.  

And, based on the picture of all the kids warming her heart (gag), someone needs to tell Jonathan that he doesn't have to have his arm around Kaylee 100% of the time.  She's his broodmare wife, not his possession 🙄.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
6 hours ago, dariafan said:

My dog has a better little golden book library than this family 

My dog has EATEN more of a golden book library than this family has ever ...eaten? read? I forget where I was going with this when I hit "quote" lol

• LOL 20
On 1/24/2024 at 8:27 PM, beckie said:

(And Kaylee) and the other girls don't know anything but what BME and her hunk tell them. Even the Amish, who Jillybean so admires, let's their kids out to see what the world is like! Jill would never allow that!

Exactly.   AndKaylee only knows how to parent from what Jill has modeled.   She doesn't know any other way.   She hasn't been allowed to see any other way.   Hopefully, Heidi ,who seems to have been raised in a non completely bat guano home, can model better parenting.    She and Timmy seem to have already drawn some boundaries that they are enforcing with Jill, let's see if it continued when the babies start arriving.  

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

Note to Australian "followers" - Jill prefers that you send a check or money order in the future. Mahmo will then decide how the money gets spent. Surprise! She always opts to spend it on herself!

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

Note to Australian "followers" - Jill prefers that you send a check or money order in the future. Mahmo will then decide how the money gets spent. Surprise! She always opts to spend it on herself!

Mahmo always needs new wigs and makeup and scrumptious meals at the nice Burger King and Olive Garden!

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Hair question, is that actually a French braid? Wouldn’t it be the opposite, if that makes sense?

Yes, its inverted. They braided under, rather than over, which is a Dutch braid.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2