Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Do y'all think Jill and Kaylee's crowd are grammatically judging their posts? Even the inlaws?

Maybe it has to do with my job(s), but I read notes everyday. Notes written by physicians, nurses, therapists, psychiatrists, etc. Some of you might be surprised how poorly they are written. In this fast paced electronic world we live in proper grammar seems to be a low priority for some.

With that said, I agree the Rods are all undereducated, but like I said above, I doubt many are paying attention to how well (or not) their posts are written.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yes he's shy, but he's also been a trained seal in the Rodrigues performing circus since he was a tot. As for public speaking, shy people do it all the time.

It is one thing to wave maniacally and smile for mama's camera or do a 2 second "fun fact" in the fam intro. Another thing entirely to give a sermon. Shy people who do public speaking usually learn strategies for coping. Samuel would not have that option.

I equate Samuel sort of with John and Joseph Duggar, who never seemed really comfortable on camera, even after many years of being trained seals for appearances and tv shows. They always seemed awkward, uncomfortable and wishing there were elsewhere.

• Like 19
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I was going to suggest that Kaylee have someone proof her posts before she hits the "send" button, but then I realize that, being the oldest, she probably received the "best" education in the family. And her "teacher" can not help her out.  And she is going to teach her children.  This hurts my heart.

Kaylee isn't the oldest, there are two siblings older than her, but she is in the older group.  Not that it makes much difference. Her education still sucks.

• Like 8
(edited)
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The most personality I recall from Renee was in a skit a while ago. I can’t remember the actual theme of it, but I do remember Renee being quite entertaining. @crazy8s do you recall this?

I think it was at the Retreat for Ladies. Maybe last year? If it is the one where they were pretending to drive a car that one was Kaylee. But she was also quite anitmated.

There is an older one that is pretty funny with Renee, Kaylee and Timothy.

Screenshot (567).png

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

If Jon’s parents follow Kaylee’s social media posts they will see her alarmingly low level of education. If they care about their grandchildren, they might push the ACE homeschool materials onto K and J, or somehow try to see to it that the kids at least master reading and writing beyond their mother's level. 

Honestly, I'm not optimistic about this. I was really glad to see that Jon and Kaylee visited the in-laws for Christmas, because there have been very few references to them otherwise. Maybe they're involved and super private, but I try to picture what kind of home life would make the Rods look attractive to Jon and the mind, she boggles. Originally, I hoped that Jon was playing the long con to get Kaylee out of there, but she's dutifully following the Mahmo model and Jon seems to be going along happily enough. I wonder what it would take for him to put his foot down. It sure wasn't the $250 per month plexus bill. 

• Like 14
4 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Originally, I hoped that Jon was playing the long con to get Kaylee out of there, but she's dutifully following the Mahmo model and Jon seems to be going along happily enough. I wonder what it would take for him to put his foot down. It sure wasn't the $250 per month plexus bill. 

If I remember correctly when they started courting Jonathan's mom was involved in the Essential Oils mlm business. His brother's wife recently joined the plexus huns. Possibly in Jill's down line under Aunt Ellen, since Ellen commented on SIL's fb announcement. Maybe it is normal to him for godly wives to shill this crap.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

If I remember correctly when they started courting Jonathan's mom was involved in the Essential Oils mlm business. His brother's wife recently joined the plexus huns. Possibly in Jill's down line under Aunt Ellen, since Ellen commented on SIL's fb announcement. Maybe it is normal to him for godly wives to shill this crap.

Jill mentioned in the matching tee shirt pic that Ellen was a top producer, so this relative is likely in her downline.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
(edited)

It says "With Love, Jill Rodrigues & Joy Baptist Church." 

I wonder why the church is mentioned. Is the church involved somehow with the retreat? Or can't a woman in the IFB world do ANYTHING official like have a religious retreat without being overseen by men? I assume the church has no actual control over Jill as to the retreat, and certainly no oversight as to the finances, LOL. Steamroller Jill would never even imagine that, much less let it happen.

I agree, she sounds a bit worried if not desperate. She has a month left to collect the money.

I've seen the registration info for many conventions and conferences (via some part time gigs I did in the past). Often the organizers will arrange a special rate for their event with the hotel where it's being held, and leave it up to each registrant to book directly with the hotel - including payment, etc. But Jill is running all of that money through her. Hotel registration and payment goes from attendee -> Jill -> hotel. 

Did she always do it this way, or did she leave the room bookings to be handled directly between registrants and the hotel for past retreats?

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 9
17 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Samuel has stated over and over he is shy. Besides being poorly educated, I believe he is extremely uncomfortable being up front preaching.

It's too bad that her children's personalities don't factor in at all when she is shoving them in front of groups of strangers to literally sing for their supper. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 13
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill has made it to the 21st century. Now offering online registration for the Ladies Retreat! I wonder if pricing is scaring some away? 

Screenshot_20240116-031334_kindlephoto-4551346.png

How much is it?  I didn't a price.  My favorite is the food is being served by "Authentic Amish Ladies".  If the servers are Amish, they would be of a less strict group.  I can't see the very strict groups having much to do with Jill.  

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

Jill is requiring those who register online to include their church in the information submitted. She said in a video,  “We do need to know what church you’re from. We have to make sure it’s a bunch of like minded ladies gathering, so we need to know what church you’re from and a little bit of history about you, and all of that.”.

Screenshot from the video:

4875F979-7AD6-4CC7-B681-47CAF3FB25ED.jpeg

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, beagletime said:

How much is it?  I didn't a price.  My favorite is the food is being served by "Authentic Amish Ladies".  If the servers are Amish, they would be of a less strict group.  I can't see the very strict groups having much to do with Jill.  

You're right.  Old order Amish in Jill's neck of the woods have minimal contact with non-Amish, on purpose.  Even the so-called Amish restaurants do not have Amish waitresses.  Mennonite young women, whose sect is not as extreme, usually staff the 'Amish' places of business.  They wear the white caps and dress plainly, but often with a little more color than the conservative Amish.  And the elders think it is ok for them to talk to non-Amish customers.

Jill probably doesn't know the difference and doesn't care, anyway.

• Like 21
  • Useful 1
22 minutes ago, Notabug said:

You're right.  Old order Amish in Jill's neck of the woods have minimal contact with non-Amish, on purpose.  Even the so-called Amish restaurants do not have Amish waitresses.  Mennonite young women, whose sect is not as extreme, usually staff the 'Amish' places of business.  They wear the white caps and dress plainly, but often with a little more color than the conservative Amish.  And the elders think it is ok for them to talk to non-Amish customers.

Jill probably doesn't know the difference and doesn't care, anyway.

those would be "Beachy mennonites" more strict than some but still allowed to drive and work..although all sects are different...as far as Amish...that is changing too..was in PA a few months ago and saw alot of conservative Amish eating in restaurants ..drove right up in the buggy...Ive been traveling up that way for 20 years to visit our friends...and that's the first time Ive seen that....

• Useful 6
3 hours ago, beagletime said:

The costs were laid out when you hit the link. Hotel rates varied based on how many per room and number of nights (only offering Thursday and Friday). But Jill said when the mailers went out that costs had gone up. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)

Someone on Reddit calculated how much profit Jill is keeping by overcharging for the retreat. It’s enough for her and hunk to have fun for a while.

Nothing about her booking the trip to DR!

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 8
(edited)

Read all of the bios. Especially Jill’s: blah..blah..blah.. LOL… took me out and her SEVERELY filtered face!

D2FC7720-B109-49F8-94E9-005D172AEC5C.jpeg

Did Miss Ashley Tucker find a GYM yet??? OMG.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • LOL 12
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill is requiring those who register online to include their church in the information submitted. She said in a video,  “We do need to know what church you’re from. We have to make sure it’s a bunch of like minded ladies gathering, so we need to know what church you’re from and a little bit of history about you, and all of that.”.

Screenshot from the video:

4875F979-7AD6-4CC7-B681-47CAF3FB25ED.jpeg

So... hypothetically... if I were to register, and I put down a Catholic church as "my" church, she wouldn't take my money because I am not a "like-minded lady?" Or would she take my money and spend the weekend trying to save me?

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 4
(edited)

You could lie about your church. How many Bible Baptist Churches are out there? It's not like she's going to check. She just wants a check! 

I can get why she sent out this alert now: she needs deposits by 2/15. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1

I'm tempted to register.

Married female, non-church going, but spiritual. Pro women empowering women. Believe women should have control over their lives, including medical decisions. Interested in how women use the Bible when empowering each other.

• Like 17
30 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

So... hypothetically... if I were to register, and I put down a Catholic church as "my" church, she wouldn't take my money because I am not a "like-minded lady?" Or would she take my money and spend the weekend trying to save me?

Purity tests and gate keeping!

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm tempted to register.

Married female, non-church going, but spiritual. Pro women empowering women. Believe women should have control over their lives, including medical decisions. Interested in how women use the Bible when empowering each other.

Failed - no soup for you!

• LOL 16
31 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

You could lie about your church. How many Bible Baptist Churches are out there? It's not like she's going to check. She just wants a check! 

I can get why she sent out this alert now: she needs deposits by 2/15. 

Nah, I would put a Catholic church down and watch her head explode.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
(edited)

Oops, my screenshot won't upload. 

Hotel rates vary per how many you're squeezing into a room. Solo rooms are $215/night. It goes down to $125/person if you sleep 4 (which seems to be max occupancy).

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3

A few of the pictures from Timothy’s post.

Well, I said goodbye again. It’s getting harder and harder to say goodbye to Heidi. Only 4 more trips there before we are married! We so enjoyed our time together over Christmas. It was a joyful time, remembering Jesus sacrifice for us, and having quality time with Heidi and her family. I am so blessed by Heidi she is so amazing! Can’t wait to be with her again. Here are some pictures of memories made. Have a blessed night! 

Love you so much;  Heidi Coverett 😁❤️🤟🏼😊🤗☺️🥰❣️😍😘

A811D49E-B227-4AF0-9993-1C5996AB81E4.jpeg

686C415C-999E-456F-9B0C-3D23D55204CC.jpeg

E8A18CCD-3918-40C8-B910-990356DB0B4A.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1

Tim and Heidi look happy together. I hope he wears these Christmas pajamas in front of Mama since she's certainly seen the "immodest" photos. Her filtered head must be ready to explode. 

Is poor Renee going to have to team up with Miss Ashley Tucker to run the breakout session at the retreat for the young women who are waiting (with contentment) for the right man to fall into their lives? How much enthusiasm can any of them put into this topic since God does not seem to be cooperating? 

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
(edited)

In the comments for Timothy's post someone asks the wedding date and "are we allowed to know" (relative maybe but person is also fb friends with Jill)

Timothy gave no further info.

Jill, who you all recall "will no longer be sharing Timothy and Heidi's news"

comments

Screenshot (569).png

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 4
(edited)

Way to go, Jill (and others...I'm looking at you Momma Tucker).  You're advertising Miss Ashley at a women's retreat.  Women.  A shit-ton of now poor women who are being taken advantage of by YOU!  Let that sink in.

You also misspelled 'contentment'.  I think the spelling you're looking for is 'contempt'.  Easy mistake, dear.  The more you know™️. Maybe Jill should join in on one of Sam's grammar classes so they can learn together.  There's nothing wrong with advancing your education (especially when Mahmo's teaching the kids to stay in the proverbial basement).

Edited by sixlets
  • Like 10
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Isn’t he too young for a high a hair?

And that hutch is a fire hazard! Oh, myyyy.

Probably ok age for him to be in the high chair, if they used the safety straps. But he never appears to be strapped in. 😬

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
9 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Probably ok age for him to be in the high chair, if they used the safety straps. But he never appears to be strapped in. 😬

Was thinking the same. Even those morons Carlin and Evan knew to strap their kids in. 

I bet the high chair is a Jill hand me down and doesn't have straps. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
16 hours ago, sixlets said:

Way to go, Jill (and others...I'm looking at you Momma Tucker).  You're advertising Miss Ashley at a women's retreat.  Women.  A shit-ton of now poor women who are being taken advantage of by YOU!  Let that sink in.

If I'm not mistaken, poor Miss Ashley was used this way last year too. Imagine being dragged out again to serve as the retreat's token woman of marriageable age who is still on the shelf, with contentment. I hope Ashley (and her mother) at least get a free room and meals. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

In Jill's latest plexus nonsense. there is a pic of Heidi's mom and her grandmother. In one of the pics was a caption of 2 generations of plexus or somethng like that. So Ellen got points by signing up her mom and her nephew's wife apparently.

Grandma is tagged in some of the pics.

They also visited Heidi's sister Halle while they were in Ohio.

• Useful 7

I think it is sad that these wives keep posting about what great daddies their husbands are.  It seems that reading to their child, or providing for their family is not usual behavior for dads.  It is really unusual for a Fundy dad to pay attention to his kids?  It seems to me that that should be part of the job.

• Like 18
14 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I think it is sad that these wives keep posting about what great daddies their husbands are.  It seems that reading to their child, or providing for their family is not usual behavior for dads.  It is really unusual for a Fundy dad to pay attention to his kids?  It seems to me that that should be part of the job.

It’s wimens work 

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I agree, Calico. I also wonder if these women feel like they have to constantly praise their men. Their belief system seems to be designed to prop up the egos of weak men. 

• Like 17
  • Sad 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

How bored is the baby listening to an adult Bible. 

And let’s see how involved he is when they have 5-6 kids. 

$5 Kaylee is being pregnant by june. 

At least read Bible stories for children! 

By then, he will be watching the map. 

I won't take the bet, I'll lose. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 8
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

It really is. The bar is so low.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4