Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Ro grigous or something 

7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If Plexus is such a cure-all, it boggles my mind why these people have to constantly go on fasts and re-sets.  What are they re-setting from, if they are faithfully chugging Plexus?  It makes no sense.

Jill's newsletter was an interesting read. Especially the part where she spelled her own last name wrong.

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

In other news that got missed in the last site glitch. Jill posted pics of Nurie having a tea party with friends. One of the friends was her SIL Hannah Reber Keller and her baby Genesis. The other friend Jill tagged is friends with Jill  on fb. She reposts some of Jill's bible verses. For any who might celebrate Nurie having her own friends, here is a recent post from Nurie's tea party friend.

"Child Training For Church

“When our children were very small we had church at home every day. We put a preaching cassette on and set the little ones in our lap and trained them to sit still for the duration of the message. It was a hard time for all of us “at home” but within a few weeks it was soooo worth the trouble at home.

Alyson got to where she could sit the little ones on the couch and tell them to sit still while the preacher preached. She could be up cooking, cleaning etc. while they sat quietly listening to the preaching.

Do your training at home. Don’t punish the rest of the church trying to train at church.

If you train at home there’s nothing left to do at church but the occasional discipline for when your child tests your resolve in public. And if your child tests you in public please remember that this is your cue to train more in private.

If we will train our children in private, there should never be a need for discipline in public.

Public discipline can easily be a display of a parent’s pride about how tough they are. Never disciple because of your pride being hurt. Your child will know this as well as others and this is a breeding ground for resentment in your child’s heart. Always remember the embarrassment we feel from a disobeying child publicly should never be aimed toward the child, but rather look at your self and say this is my lack of training more than my child’s rebellion.”-Pastor Timothy Giddens"

#TrainUpAChild

I despise these people!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If Plexus is such a cure-all, it boggles my mind why these people have to constantly go on fasts and re-sets.  What are they re-setting from, if they are faithfully chugging Plexus?  It makes no sense.

Jill's newsletter was an interesting read. Especially the part where she spelled her own last name wrong.

My plexus friend is touting the reset and every time he does, I honestly think the same thing! 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
(edited)
38 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Ro grigous or something 

I 💬 think Jill was writing it the way Janessa tried to pronounce it. At nearly 6, she should be able to say her name. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 13
5 hours ago, ozziemom said:

So Jill is pushing the Sayings of Janessa hard. There is no mention of anyone other Rodlet except Olivia who was sick the same time as Janessa.

Her favoritism towards Janessa is pathetic.  BME is spoiling Janessa rotten, while the other waifs barely get a second glance from their POS mother.

• Sad 16
2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Her favoritism towards Janessa is pathetic.  BME is spoiling Janessa rotten, while the other waifs barely get a second glance from their POS mother.

I still believe that Janessa has more severe delays than Jill lets on.  She may always need additional help.  Yes, Jill may want her to always be her baby, but I think there is more to the story that Jill denies.

• Like 15
  • Useful 8
37 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I 💬 think Jill was writing it the way Janessa tried to pronounce it. At nearly 6, she should be able to say her name. 

Jill talks to her and treats her like she’s a baby; therefore, Janessa talks and acts like a baby.  I’m unsure of whether it’s deliberate or not, but I am sure that Janessa knows that she’s Jill’s favorite.

• Like 9
  • Useful 3

Honestly, the educational standards for all of these kids are so low, I don't know if you would ever know that there was something wrong as long as they can talk, walk, do chores and handle self-care. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 2

I love the last part of Kaylee's post about the KJV 1611 Bible being the TRUE and ONLY inspired Word of God. Gotta make sure to point that out and defend taking a Ramsey course before the other members of your branch of Christianity call you out for listening to a near-heathen who uses a more modern translation of the Bible.

• Like 14
(edited)

Before Janessa was born Jill made a post stating that the baby had had a stroke in utero, and was missing part of her corpus callosum.  There are many children who survive missing part of the corpus callosum with differing degrees of problems.  The only baby I cared for with this condition was born blind, deaf, and unable to eat or regulate her body temperature. She died in two weeks.  That was a worse case scenario.  Janessa can talk and walk and eat, but that does not mean she does not have some delays.  I have no idea how the stoke figures in.  But Jill has claimed that prayer cured Janessa.  I still feel that there is a good possibility that there are some issues that are not being addressed.  Jill has not mentioned any on-going appointments with the "pediatrician doctor".  It is useless to point out that if Janessa was in public school she would get extra help in areas she might need.

Does Jill treat her like a baby?  Yes.  But there could be reasons beside just spoiling her. 

Just my opinion.

Edited by CalicoKitty
I didn't want my posts merged
  • Like 6
  • Useful 15
15 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I love the last part of Kaylee's post about the KJV 1611 Bible being the TRUE and ONLY inspired Word of God. Gotta make sure to point that out and defend taking a Ramsey course before the other members of your branch of Christianity call you out for listening to a near-heathen who uses a more modern translation of the Bible.

Did anyone tell them King James was gay? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 13
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Or that he did not sit down and write it all by himself?

I just don't get this obsession with the KJV. Why? I have read different Bibles and have found the meaning is the same. 

• Like 13
36 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A post by Kaylee.

73D12062-9EF4-4AFC-86FB-1C896CAA2C1D.jpeg

And Kaylee is a much worse writer than BME, proving that each generation of this family is learning less and less. Between the commas everywhere, random capitalization and incorrect use of too/to, it was painful to read. Plus it was just poorly written. But thankfully she explained about KJV Bible and Dave Ramsey, I was ready to throw stones at the Hills for hearing about the wrong scripture.

• Like 9
  • LOL 8
20 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Is she still doing her "magazine"?  She writes a whole lot and says absolutely nothing.  

(Okay nothing beyond "Look at me! Tell me how great I am!")

The magazine launch and beg for folks to subscribe also did not get a mention in Jill's Fall/Early winter blog update.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
14 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I just don't get this obsession with the KJV. Why? I have read different Bibles and have found the meaning is the same. 

It was explained to me that they don’t think James had much to do with the Bible other than authorizing the translation. Apparently they believe it’s the most accurate translation and divinely inspired so it’s the only version allowed.

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

It was explained to me that they don’t think James had much to do with the Bible other than authorizing the translation. Apparently they believe it’s the most accurate translation and divinely inspired so it’s the only version allowed.

I think when the Duggars were in England JB pointed out a castle and told the kids that that is where King James wrote the KJV.   I think a lot of people believe he wrote it all by himself.  It kind of goes with him telling his kids that people used to ride dinosaurs. These kids have such an odd "education".

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I usually go to church with my mom and let's just say I'm in my 50s and she's in her 80s.  I'm saying that because yesterday she got started laughing while watching two people in front of us (hard to describe, you had to see it).  I finally leaned over and told her she needed to the other end of the pew because she was a bad influence (laughing while I said it).  But we both sat there trying not to laugh out loud.  I can just imagine what Alyson, Nurie, or Jill would have thought of our behavior yesterday.  

Yah heathens!

• LOL 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Is Kaylee paid by the number of commas she uses, or by the number used incorrectly?

If that was the case Kay would be a millionaire! Mahmo would dump the hunk and move in with THE HILL family. That way every day is going to be 

Pamper($) Precious Mahmo Day!

Hay ho hunk you gots to go!

Edited by oliviabenson
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Is Kaylee paid by the number of commas she uses, or by the number used incorrectly?

And where a comma was actually required, there was none. She has no fucking clue how to use punctuation.

• Like 6
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 7
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill talks to her and treats her like she’s a baby; therefore, Janessa talks and acts like a baby.  I’m unsure of whether it’s deliberate or not, but I am sure that Janessa knows that she’s Jill’s favorite.

I think Jill's favorite is Jill! I also think Jill does Janessa no favors with her babying, cloying way of speaking to her. But that is the way Jill talks to all of her younger children. It's hard to believe she's an experienced mother of 13!

• Like 17
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

FFS. 

• Like 6
On 1/7/2024 at 4:48 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Can we change the topic? All this talk of hard boiled eggs makes me feel queasy. I prefer soft boiled. Hate deviled eggs. 

Thanks! 😀

What?? Don't you mean ANGEL POCKETS?????

• LOL 24
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kaylee's so filtered she looks like a cartoon. 

74105995-5D8E-48FB-9B59-B8899A2B2014.thumb.jpeg.79e1f7dce0dfd3b3024ca235aef1f29e.jpeg

This is ridiculous! She is practically a kid and doesn't need all these filters. 

• Like 23
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Wasn't it on the way home from Indiana Jill showed herself breaking her 40 hour fast with the eggs in the car?? But they were away overnight and had pizza?

• Like 5
  • LOL 13
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Wasn't it on the way home from Indiana Jill showed herself breaking her 40 hour fast with the eggs in the car?? But they were away overnight and had pizza?

Jill needs to keep her stories straight. She's confusing her "fans"! 😂

• LOL 14
24 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

They usually stay at hotels that include breakfast. I bet she ate some of that too.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
19 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Does she know King James was bisexual?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
17 hours ago, LilJen said:

I enjoyed her capitalizing “He” when referring to Dave Ramsey. 

OMG that is hilarious!

12 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kaylee's so filtered she looks like a cartoon. 

74105995-5D8E-48FB-9B59-B8899A2B2014.thumb.jpeg.79e1f7dce0dfd3b3024ca235aef1f29e.jpeg

Has anyone told her about the studies showing Plexus has likely caused premature births??? And that even the company states that breastfeeding mothers shouldn’t use it???

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I know we laughed about Jonathan's lack of skill when being all manly and using the axe to chop wood, but the sadder part is in the comments.

Compare the writing of what is obviously Jonathan replying to someone to the stuff Kaylee posts. Full sentences, pretty clear meaning, no random commas or capitals, etc.

Screenshot (553).png

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 9
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

They usually stay at hotels that include breakfast. I bet she ate some of that too.

I bet they attempt to write off all of these hotel stays and pizza stops as “business” expenses on their taxes, too. 

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I know we laughed about Jonathan's lack of skill when being all manly and using the axe to chop wood, but the sadder part is in the comments.

Compare the writing of what is obviously Jonathan replying to someone to the stuff Kaylee posts. Full sentences, pretty clear meaning, no random commas or capitals, etc.

Screenshot (553).png

Jonathan's writing is actually lucid! 

• Like 15
23 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jonathan's writing is actually lucid! 

And the punctuation looks pretty good, there aren’t any random capitalizations or parentheses, his parents must have actually tried to teach him something.

• Like 14

Jon's writing makes sense, but a period or three would help. That's one long run-on. 

6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5FF26383-BB46-4B35-804F-8E604F8075FE.jpeg

Is that Dave in the pool in the bottom picture? Have we ever seen him in a swimming pool in his modest swimwear? What is Olivia wearing? It looks like a regular dress. Jill, of course, appears to be in something from her extensive athleisure collection. 

Did the hotel have any idea these people were determined to wreck the pool filtration system? 

• Like 8