Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Besides the poor-quality and skimpy meals Mahmo and Dave provide their children, I wonder if religious fasting is also encouraged for even the littlest ones (maybe excluding Jill's mini-me Janessa).  I hope no one would let children or teenagers fast, but it wouldn't surprise me in this nutty household. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 11
  • Applause 1

Religious fasting is certainly both encouraged and praised by Jill. She has posted with pride of Timothy and Nurie fasting.

I think even Jill knows she would get push back and negative responses If she praised the younger waifs for fasting.

Never once have I seen Jill post about herself or hunk fasting.

• Like 13
  • Sad 10
  • Applause 3

Interesting...I went to Jilly's FB page yesterday, and someone had posted asking her since she is a homeschool teacher (ha!), what would she recommend to teach the Bible to small children? I think he said up to 4th grade. I figured this was a tailor-made soapbox for Jillybean to jump on, so I went back this morning to see her reply. She deleted the comment. 

• Mind Blown 10
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Never once have I seen Jill post about herself or hunk fasting.

Of course not! They get the food the fasting kids don't eat. 

3 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't think anyone loses 10 pounds from food poisoning.

I was just going to say the same thing. I had a really bad bought with it several years ago and I still didn't lose 10 lbs! 

• Like 7

I never watched the show or pay attention to reality tv stuff but if Jill is “girl must have a million babies to be happy” type of religious then maybe someone should kindly and carefully point out that being too thin may cause fertility issues in girls.    

Narcissists gotta narcissist so Make it about Jill not being the perfect grandmother to perfect grandbabies if she doesn’t give her daughters a donut or a slice of bacon every now and then.    

• Like 6
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

I never watched the show or pay attention to reality tv stuff but if Jill is “girl must have a million babies to be happy” type of religious then maybe someone should kindly and carefully point out that being too thin may cause fertility issues in girls.    

Narcissists gotta narcissist so Make it about Jill not being the perfect grandmother to perfect grandbabies if she doesn’t give her daughters a donut or a slice of bacon every now and then.    

Her two skinny married daughters have produced offspring. And they "bounce back" in like a week. 

• Like 7
42 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Her two skinny married daughters have produced offspring. And they "bounce back" in like a week. 

Three is not quite a large number and it is still early one. I don't wish them infertility but I would be curious to see how things are in a few years. 

• Useful 4
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Three is not quite a large number and it is still early one. I don't wish them infertility but I would be curious to see how things are in a few years. 

We have no idea what they eat, aside from consuming that awful Plexus. Maybe they eat better than they did at the Rod Pod.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4

On the children fasting. From 2016 here is Jill's post about admiring Timothy for fasting and speaking about it with admiration to the other children. At that point 16yr old, hard working and always hungry Timothy was fasting weekly about his future.

This also the post about David and Jill correcting Timothy for even the smallest thing to turn him into a model child who became a joy to have in their house. ☹️

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/news-timothy-rodrigues-march-2016/

• Sad 17
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

On the children fasting. From 2016 here is Jill's post about admiring Timothy for fasting and speaking about it with admiration to the other children. At that point 16yr old, hard working and always hungry Timothy was fasting weekly about his future.

This also the post about David and Jill correcting Timothy for even the smallest thing to turn him into a model child who became a joy to have in their house. ☹️

A 16 year old shouldn't be fasting. If someone chooses to fast it should be when they are old enough to understand what they are doing, when they are an adult. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 3

From old audio of Dave preaching in 2020 he has this to say about the family fasting. They do love Dr. Tom Williams. I doubt shrek has ever skipped a meal, much less knelt to do so.

Someone on Reddit listened and wrote this.

"Shrek starts talking about the family "Ministry" at the 57 minute mark. He says they've been doing full time ministry for almost 10 years, and having no full time job or steady paycheck does make him worried about paying the bills some months (side note from me: SO GET A JOB.) Apparently, it makes you wonder whether you'll be able to raise enough support that month or if you'll get enough love offerings from churches to cover the expenses. Shrek has been tempted a few times to get a full time time job, but THE LORD called him to ministry so he can't! He doesn't do any of this for the money, but for THE LORD.

At the 101 minute mark, Shrek mentions he has copies of Tom Williams' "Kneel in the place of a meal" that he can hand out after the service. He says that "we" started this several months ago. And what is it you may ask? It's a "prayer crusade" where the person GIVES UP THREE MEALS A WEEK in order to fast and pray for the country which has gotten out of control. It's got not time limit, just until "God intervenes," because the country has made some BAD decisions in the past 50-100 years. We are in trouble if God does not intervene!

BONUS CONTENT: The audio ends with Shrek saying he is SICK of being gracious, in fact, he wants to be blunt! There is blasphemy, heresy ,everywhere! You're not going to teach his children that, not over his dead body! Shrek doesn't want his kids in a place where you are forced to learn you can marry the same sex, and if you're parents who are "teaching the opposite", then you're being abusive to children and controlling....."

Google Tom Williams Kneel in Place of a Meal....it even has a Facebook page.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Mind Blown 15
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

From old audio of Dave preaching in 2020 has this to say about the family fasting. They do love Dr. Tom Williams. I doubt shrek has ever skipped a meal, much less knelt to do so.

"Shrek starts talking about the family "Ministry" at the 57 minute mark. He says they've been doing full time ministry for almost 10 years, and having no full time job or steady paycheck does make him worried about paying the bills some months (side note from me: SO GET A JOB.) Apparently, it makes you wonder whether you'll be able to raise enough support that month or if you'll get enough love offerings from churches to cover the expenses. Shrek has been tempted a few times to get a full time time job, but THE LORD called him to ministry so he can't! He doesn't do any of this for the money, but for THE LORD.

At the 101 minute mark, Shrek mentions he has copies of Tom Williams' "Kneel in the place of a meal" that he can hand out after the service. He says that "we" started this several months ago. And what is it you may ask? It's a "prayer crusade" where the person GIVES UP THREE MEALS A WEEK in order to fast and pray for the country which has gotten out of control. It's got not time limit, just until "God intervenes," because the country has made some BAD decisions in the past 50-100 years. We are in trouble if God does not intervene!

BONUS CONTENT: The audio ends with Shrek saying he is SICK of being gracious, in fact, he wants to be blunt! There is blasphemy, heresy ,everywhere! You're not going to teach his children that, not over his dead body! Shrek doesn't want his kids in a place where you are forced to learn you can marry the same sex, and if you're parents who are "teaching the opposite", then you're being abusive to children and controlling......nononononono.....God gave SHREK authority over his children and what to teach them! Hmmmm, something to do with the authorities in West Virigina?'

Google Tom Williams Kneel in Place of a Meal....it even has a Facebook page.

Shrek doesn't kneel much, does he? And those kids give up more than 3 meals a week. Please! 

• Like 6
  • Sad 9
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I haven't seen this for awhile. Jill and Dave are terrible parents! I just imagine them "correcting" (probably Pearl style!) toddler Tim all day every day. 😥 Interesting that she included a pic of DBD with a bigger gut than he displays these days, while praising her son for fasting. Not sure if Dave lost weight thanks to Plexus or if it's Jill's magic filters. There's no way Dave would fast. He doesn't miss many meals!

Thank goodness Tim found Heidi, who appears to love him for himself and that he's been welcomed into the Coverett family and likely has been offered plenty of good food!

• Like 12
  • Sad 6
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Shrek doesn't kneel much, does he? And those kids give up more than 3 meals a week. Please! 

A case can be made that you can't give up what you don't have in the first place. 

These two clowns enrage me more than *people i actually know IRL* enrage me.  And I worked 30 years in retail.  

• Like 16

I'm guessing the messages - "working for the Lord"/worrying about money and fasting - were just as must for sympathy (if not more) than the messages themselves.

Imagine sitting listening to a dad of 10+ waifs, worried about paying the bills in one breath and talking about fasting in the next. I'm sure more than a few suckers folks might reach a little deeper and give a little more.

JillR likely subtly makes suggestions for all Dave's grifts sermons. Then she probably praises him for his brilliance.

• Like 5
  • Sad 5

“God uses His people to bless us in our ministry. ❤️ Brother NiknPhil House came with his family to build this MUCH needed staircase in our- All Things Truth Print Shop.  He did an amazing job and was so fast!  👏  We are SO thankful to have more organization and be able to access the second floor.  🙌 We are thankful.  😊

Philippians 4:17 "Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account."

8BDA173F-7C19-4AD0-8D08-A3761DB71607.jpeg

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 3
19 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“God uses His people to bless us in our ministry. ❤️ Brother NiknPhil House came with his family to build this MUCH needed staircase in our- All Things Truth Print Shop.  He did an amazing job and was so fast!  👏  We are SO thankful to have more organization and be able to access the second floor.  🙌 We are thankful.  😊

Philippians 4:17 "Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account."

Bitch, please. Gifts are the only thing you desire.

• Like 12
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2

I thought Shrek and his boys were master builders, how come they needed help? I was wondering who these new sweet friends were, not surprised they came to do something for Jill. Her grifter ways are powerful. We’re probably going to see Mrs. House on the Plexus team any minute now.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

The new sweet friend probably bought all the lumber for the stairway too.

In the comments on the stairway pic one of jill's downline says "you will probably have it decorated in no time." Jill replies "it is already painted and decorated!"

Edited by crazy8s
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 11

I see Jill grifted more space for her junk.   Of course, the sweet friend brought the lumber, the hardware and the tools.   Then did all the work.    Shrek can't be bothered he's a full time minister.

17 hours ago, crazy8s said:

The audio ends with Shrek saying he is SICK of being gracious, in fact, he wants to be blunt! There is blasphemy, heresy ,everywhere! You're not going to teach his children that, not over his dead body! Shrek doesn't want his kids in a place where you are forced to learn you can marry the same sex, and if you're parents who are "teaching the opposite", then you're being abusive to children and controlling....."

I said all along, DBD is right behind Jill in the whole abusive parenting thing.   He could put his foot down about how Jill behaves if he wanted to.   But 1 - he's too lazy and that would take effort and 2 - he agrees with her.

• Like 10
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 5

The barndo is beginning to look like a true hoarder lives there. If Jill is  making any money selling Plexus, it's going right into buying tchotchkes. 

Jill can offload some of the worst stuff on poor Kaylee, but I don't see Heidi going along with taking in Jill's junk. 

I can think of a couple of television shows that might feature Jill and David and their barndo if this "decorating" trend continues. However, they won't be the shows Jill thinks should showcase her and her pious hubby. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
8 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I hope Jill doesn't aggravate her severely injured knee on those grifted stairs!

Give it time. I picture a throw rug at the top and bottom of the stairs, and perhaps a few on the steps. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 10

Kneeling on filthy hotel carpet creeps me out.  Why was that necessary?  It would not surprise me if at least one member of this crew actually has to sleep on the floor.  I had a friend who was a hotel maid, and  she had some real "interesting" stories.  She said  hotel carpets are very dirty. The carpets are vacuumed, but not steam cleaned very often.  But I guess it is a moot point after living in the RV.

• Like 11
  • Sad 4

Let the countdown begin to a rant from Jill about "ungodly" hotel managers who just don't understand the Rod "Ministry.*"

*They got kicked out for either having too many people crammed into a room or for swimming fully clothed in the pool or both.

• Like 7
  • LOL 7

If the kids are swimming in the hotel pool in their street clothes, they're just doing their laundry. The chlorine takes care of any germs and produces some interesting new tie-dye patterns. Performative modesty has its benefits. 

Does Tessie have braces? I can't quite tell from the photo. It's nice that all the Rod kids seem to get orthodontia, but I wonder how Jill and David afford it. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

If the kids are swimming in the hotel pool in their street clothes, they're just doing their laundry. The chlorine takes care of any germs and produces some interesting new tie-dye patterns. Performative modesty has its benefits. 

Does Tessie have braces? I can't quite tell from the photo. It's nice that all the Rod kids seem to get orthodontia, but I wonder how Jill and David afford it. 

Yes, she's got braces in the photo. I guess the Rods, like the Duggars and Bateses, either grift the braces or find a way to pay for it themselves, because they'll need to put her up for sale in a few years. Countenance, y'all. 

Tessie's eyebrows also appear to have been born again. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill managed to grift free braces for her older kids when they lived in W. Virginia from a fellow fundie who was an orthodontist.  She may well have located another like-minded orthodontist in Ohio to take care of the younger kids.

• Sad 5
  • Useful 3
25 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Since Jill is treating everyone to a fancy hotel with a pool, I hope the kids have a chance to wash their hair. The closeup looks pretty greasy, so I imagine they all need a shampoo, except maybe Jill and David, who shower up first. 

“Fancy” 😆

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

I wionder if the sucker who built them that free staircase has seen the photos of Jill and David treating themselves to a vacation at a "fancy" hotel with a pool.

I'm sure the sucker is one of the leghumpers who truly believes that Dave and Jill have been commissioned to the ministry by Jesus and deserves all the free stuff they get and more.  Jill has a pretty good con running.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
On 11/17/2023 at 10:07 PM, ginger90 said:

“In our- All Things Truth Print Shop.” Add random hyphens to the random Caps and poorly placed clueless commas in Jill’s writing “style.”

• Like 2
  • LOL 10