Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, all fall down said:

The engagement day (Oct 6) would have been the day Jill was traveling to Austin for Gold school. So she was for sure out of town. Unclear where the rest of the Rods were.

I am thinking points here to tim, heidi and possibly Heidi's mom. Mom is in Jill's plexus downline and most certainly knew Jill would be far away in texas on the 6th.

• Like 13
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3

I think I read that Heidi's sister is doing the singing on that video. Whoever it was, has a better voice than Jill...by far!

6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Wait - so Tim and Heidi not only got engaged without Jill present, but Heidi possibly has a better singing voice than Jill??  Oh man, this is good!

Also, thanks to Tim for giving us the title of his own thread - "Me, and Heidi!"

That's hilarious! And a great idea!

• Like 11

Kielbasa and sauerkraut (maybe)? Such an odd meal...whatever's in the skillet, Pringles, and what looks like raw green beans (no evil can!) with ranch.
Jilly posted videos of them giving anniversary tributes. Not watching, but kinda curious how many takes DBD needed before Jillzilla was satisfied with the "heartfelt" tribute...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 9
Just now, BetyBee said:

It's actually a good thing that Jill doesn't have a real job. She'd be hell to deal with in an office! #dontmakefishinthemicrowave

She would totally burn the microwave popcorn at break time, too.

• Like 8
  • LOL 16
10 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Kielbasa and sauerkraut (maybe)? Such an odd meal...whatever's in the skillet, Pringles, and what looks like raw green beans (no evil can!) with ranch.

If this is the kind of meal she serves Big Papa while they are spending their money free and easy on vacation, then what on earth does she serve at home?

Actually, I probably don't want to know...I'm guessing Dollar Tree ramen topped with generic ranch and a singular tomato from the "garden."

• Like 10
  • Sad 8
  • LOL 1

That's home schoolin by best mama ever used in the real world.

Speaking of school, here we are in mid October and no video of the kids each with their designated pile of 40yr old books for the year.

Samuel turns 19 next month. If he hasn't graduated the best home school ever by 19, it seems maybe something is wrong with mama's teaching.

• Like 12
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Nothing about the engagement on her Instagram 24 hour stories. 

They should elope while Jill is on her cruise or any other weekly vacation. It would be a great wedding without Jill there meddling lolz.

Jill congratulated them on Tim's FB post.

Heidi's sister Hallie is listed as the singer in the video credits. She was also the videographer. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, all fall down said:

No Rods were present at the engagement. Just Heidi's family. 

May they live their married lives in the same way; I suspect they would be much happier away from JillPM.  And I'm sure it would drive Mahmo absolutely batshit crazy, which I'm here for.  🍿

Edited by Fosca
  • Like 16
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

May they live their married lives in the same way; I suspect they would be much happier away from JillPM.  And I'm sure it would drive Mahmo absolutely batshit crazy, which I'm here for.  🍿

It’s such a shame that they didn’t buy a house near Heidi’s family instead of Mahmo. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Her ring is very pretty. Tim proposing while MAHMO is away, priceless!

I truly hope these two have a very happy marriage. I just keep thinking back to that cringy video Tim made about making sure his wife dresses properly and all that. I don't want that to be her life. They do seem really happy and she actually looks like she truly loves him, unlike the way Jessa ever seems with Ben.

I'm jumping on the "Me and Heidi" train with MAHMO's "teachings"..ugh!

• Like 13

I think it should be the original "Heidi, and Me", though.

I hope Heidi has had a better homeschool education than Tim, though. You know their kids are going to be homeschooled and Tim obviously didn't learn any grammar from his Mahmo.

• Like 13

The only other time I remember a fundie couple getting engaged without both sets of parents hovering nearby was when Alyssa got engaged in Florida and only John's family was there.  I'll bet JillPM was fuming that she couldn't stand there pointing her sausage finger at the ring.  I do love the ring by the way.   Emeralds are so pretty.  I also love Heidi's manicure.  No special polish on the ring finger and no white polish that looks like she put liquid paper on her nails.

I guess Jilly can comfort herself that she will be going on a cruise soon.  So at least there's that.  And poor Renee has to slap on a smile and pretend she's not disappointed that she is not getting engaged anytime soon.

ETA: JillPM cooking whatever that mess was in the hotel room.  I love kielbasa, but cooking it with sauerkraut in a hotel room - yuck.  And the pringles are a nice touch.  I guess she felt fancy dumping them out of the can and putting them on a plate.

Edited by Meow Mix
  • Like 10
  • LOL 8
18 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill’s plan is to use the grandkids for her music tours. Give it 5 years and the grands will be singing so granny has $ for stuff. 

The grift will end when Jill and Dave die.

Unless there kids continue it...... 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

the kids will do it too because that’s all they know. They don’t have parents who work and provide a stable environment.

they haven't been taught the value of work and earning a living, they have been taught to grift. 

• Sad 9

My thinking is none of the kids or grands will stay on the grift tour because Jill will never share the money.

She needs Nathan, Jonathan, Timothy and everyone from here on out to be not only supporting their own families, but also able to buy meals for mama and daddy and gifts for mama.

Jill mentioned a few months back they were thinking to maybe give up the "praising" part of their ministry. Not "we are praying for direction from the lord, who called us to full time ministry",  just "we" are thinking about it. That would also end the preaching part of their ministry since Dave only preaches his 3-4 prepared sermons at the grift churches.

If Tim and Heidi have truly drawn a hard line with Jill, one can only hope they share that with Jonathan and Kaylee and encourage them to do the same.

• Like 16
  • Mind Blown 1