Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

OMG - the intros -poor Phillip starting a new college this way.

Jill had them each memorize her talking points. Gabriel gets to praise Daddy before introducing himself. No mention of Renee's courtship, so yep it's over. Samuel says he is shy.

Olivia gets to tell about the 6 miscarriages and we can't wait to meet them in heaven someday. Sadie says I look the most like my mama, all sofia wants for christmas is her two front teeth. Tessie or Hannah -we like helping in the print shop collating and stitching. We have sent out millions of gospel tracts. Janessa, I am cute like a kitten.

Each of the children offer a "fun fact' about themselves. Almost all of them are something I would think the family "teases" them about. I'm shy, i like to go barefoot, I have braces, my ears stick out like my dads I look like mama, my teeth are missing. Olivia should have said I think I might need glasses. Hannah's fun fact "I get teased a lot because my toes are really long."

Hey Jill fun facts are things I like to do carpentry, I like to bake, paint, play with dolls or I hope to see the Pacific Ocean someday.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 16
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

I don't see how Phillip will be able to afford this unless he is receiving a discount somehow.

He left Massiollon, which was maybe $1,000 per year. A school where Jill and David had met with the Dean and decided it was perfect. But other than her crowing about the A on the one bible paper, I think Phillip struggled there. He was one of the only ones who wasn't noted in the mentions of 3.0 gpa after the first semester.

Sadly, I predict scholarly Phillip will not do well at this school either and Jill will concoct some grievance against the school.

As for the dorm room. I think this is similar to Timothy going to washington. They loaded up everything he owned. He will have to have a trailer in the yard if he moves back to mamas.

The school must have provided the bed frame. It appears to be the standard college twin ex long. Phillip has a regular twin mattress with a Cowboys blanket stuck in the extra space.🙄😂

The only things I can see that Jill made Phillip buy at target are laundry soap and dryer sheets, a small coffee maker, coffee and filters. They rest just looks like it shifted directly from the barndo.

• Like 14
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1

Unless Philip qualified for some financial help from the evil government, I foresee Jill railing about the cost and bringing him home when bills actually come due. This could very well be another case where the college has "misled" the virtuous Rods. Jill and Dave do not spend their own money on anything but tchotchkes, dates and several annual vacations! 

• Like 14

I think the costs shown above are for Marietta College, possibly a different entitiy than the Marietta Bible college.

Side note - bible college website states each dorm room comfortably houses 4 students.

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 7
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think the costs shown above are for Marietta College, possibly a different entitiy than the Marietta Bible college.

Side note - bible college website states each dorm room comfortably houses 4 students.

Oh, yes, I think you're right. I looked again and as far as I can tell Marietta Bible college tuition and fees are nowhere to be found.

• Like 3

Marietta Bible College is a work

of faith. It is a ministry of Marietta Bible Center Church.

Free will offerings from churches,

classes, groups, and individuals make up the

support for this institution.

It rather looks like there may be very little cost to the students.  I couldn't find any fees listed either.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Oh, yes, I think you're right. I looked again and as far as I can tell Marietta Bible college tuition and fees are nowhere to be found.

Yes. Marietta Bible College is oddly silent about its costs. I don't see anything on their website, and nothing comes up on Google. Marietta College is a different school. 

This school looks to be on par with Massillon, so I'm curious about Phillip's move. I'm sure there's a story that somehow involves Jill. If Phillip had academic problems at Massillon, he's going to have issues here too. Maybe his burden of being a missionary to Hungary has been lifted. 

Marietta is going to cost more than Massillon just because of room and board. I hope Phil gets another full year of school. He'll socialize outside of his family and get regular meals. 

• Like 11

A look through the Bible college pics seems to show mostly exchange or non white students. I think Phillip, as a white male, will be a minority at Marietta bible college.

Someone on Reddit seems to think someone at the Rod's church is connected to Marietta Bible in some way.

• Useful 9
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I did read an article about exchange students attending for free. In 2015 they were going to be sent home due to accreditation issues. But now I'm wondering which college I was reading about. 😳🙃

That was this one.  A sentence in it stated that the students get everything for free.  I assume that means all the students not just the international ones They did keep their accreditation- at least then. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

The school has an accreditation listed, but I don't know if it means anything. 

Will Phillip's credits from Massillon transfer, or will he have to start over? If so, he has to take an English grammar course again. 

The website says students from "foreign countries" get full scholarships. Does the Rodrigueses' barndo qualify as one? Maybe Phillip's being a domestic, male  student will merit a tuition break. 

It looks as if this school really is a step down from Massillon. Still, I'm rooting for Phillip to last the year. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Sad 9
  • LOL 2

So does anyone else think this change of schools was decided in the spring. Maybe it wasn't quite the error we thought it was when Jill commented about Phillip nearing the end of his last semester at bible college. Or maybe he went for the 1yr certificate all along and it was his last semester at Massillion.

Massillon has also had some changes since last year. Brought in some new people and the former Dean of Students, who did the chapel services is no longer there. I saw a video of him guest preaching at a church in late July and he stated he knew the church's pastor when they were at Massillon and that they were no longer there. Nothing else, no god called us to move to something else, not I retired, nothing. He asked for prayers because he was preaching for a church in IL the next week for a "pre candadacy". So no new job lined up when he parted ways with massillon.

• Like 1
  • Useful 9

Jill posted this in July:

A little late, but Phillip turned 20 years old on July 22nd. 🎊🎉🎈 We had fun celebrating him!  We LOVE his missions' heart and are so proud of him that he is entering his 2nd year of Bible College at Massillon Baptist College. We love you, Phillip!  ❤️ 

#GoGuardians

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 10
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Their church “performance” and ramblings of Jill, along with each of the children introducing themselves.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100080981940133&story_fbid=3168732700095773

Those poor, poor children!!! They all look miserable and so uncomfortable being up in front of how ever many people were there. Not one of them can speak fluently. It seems like they all have a lisp or something weird speech pattern. Don't get me started on that god awful singing!! 

The introductions about the printing ministry and meeting the miscarried siblings in heaven some day is truly disgusting!!!! The song is so inappropriate about drunk people in the world. I had to stop when one of Rodlets forgot the words and had to over tho Mahmo. 

I really wish CPS would look into this family.

• Like 11
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1

Because every 20-year-old American male wants a teddy bear.

sure to hear later, “Philip loves and honors his mother so much that he graciously and generously gifted me the teddy bear that he so desperately wanted for his own room to remind him that his Mama loooooooves him…my children have such a HEART for giving their treasures away [I sure don’t because I thrive on clutter] because they know their TRUE treasure is in heaven. Hallelujah! Jesus Is KING!!”

• Like 14
29 minutes ago, LilJen said:

sure to hear later, “Philip loves and honors his mother so much that he graciously and generously gifted me the teddy bear that he so desperately wanted for his own room to remind him that his Mama loooooooves him…my children have such a HEART for giving their treasures away [I sure don’t because I thrive on clutter] because they know their TRUE treasure is in heaven. Hallelujah! Jesus Is KING!!”

Wondering if the bear is the special Build-a-Bear that each Rodlet gets for their 15th birthday? Just when kids want a special teddy bear....

• Like 12
  • LOL 7

OMG!! When is someone going to tell Jill that  Phillip is not a 15 year old girl? That dorm room is embarrassing! The kid already looks nerdy and now he has a “Jillified dorm room which is going to cause him even more embarrassment. Keep the photo  of the family (if you must) but toss all of the extraneous crap. Dorm rooms are small enough as it is. 

… poor kid… it’s like he’s wearing a kick me sign! 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 14
  • LOL 2

Why does it look like the word wonderful and the exclamation points were copy and pasted on Jill's cruise invite?

Did she earn a 3rd tier spot? A B-list spot. Or just spot and she added wonderful and !!!?

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
52 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Why does it look like the word wonderful and the exclamation points were copy and pasted on Jill's cruise invite?

Did she earn a 3rd tier spot? A B-list spot. Or just spot and she added wonderful and !!!?

I think you’re right!  I think the word “special” was there originally and Jill changed it to “wonderful”!

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, LilJen said:

Don’t forget the photo of Phil and Mahmo in the heart-shaped frame. 

IMG_8694.jpeg

4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

And Jill's life just became easier as Ohio streamlines homeschooling regulations. No annual assessment is needed now, all in the name of freedom. 🙄

Those poor kids don't stand a chance of ever escaping.

I’m sickened at the way this country lets its children down. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 16

Jill seems to fit in better at Marietta BC than she did at Massillon, so Phillip has found his place because it suits BME. Marietta is better than nothing because it provides lunch and some socialization for free, but I don't think we'll hear much more about "saving' the Catholics in Hungary, nothing realistic anyway. Tim's missionary pilot burden has crashed, and so will Phillip's. Neither one of these tragically uneducated young men ever had much of a chance at anything outside the Rodrigues compound. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 16
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think you’re right!  I think the word “special” was there originally and Jill changed it to “wonderful”!

What's wrong with special? Jill certainly thinks she's the most special person in her world. 

• Like 8
41 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Don’t forget the photo of Phil and Mahmo in the heart-shaped frame. 

IMG_8694.jpeg

I’m sickened at the way this country lets its children down. 

That's why I'm glad to say my state, Minnesota, is a bit different.  Starting this school year, all kids are entitled to free breakfasts and lunches.

• Like 11
  • Love 13
48 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill seems to fit in better at Marietta BC than she did at Massillon, so Phillip has found his place because it suits BME. Marietta is better than nothing because it provides lunch and some socialization for free, but I don't think we'll hear much more about "saving' the Catholics in Hungary, nothing realistic anyway. Tim's missionary pilot burden has crashed, and so will Phillip's. Neither one of these tragically uneducated young men ever had much of a chance at anything outside the Rodrigues compound. 

I can never decide whether this makes me sad, because at least Tim and Phillip's "convictions" gave them the chance to get out of Rodville, state capital of Griftonia in the Land of the Hypocrites, or relieved that no Hungarians will be tormented by happy face pamphlets (which Tim will accidentally drop on someone's head, along with his cds). 

• Like 14

So Jilll put Phillip in a space  that takes up one entire wall and parts of two others.  There are supposedly four people in the room.  Do two of them just have no wall space space on either side?  Just the wall behind their bed and a little bit of the opposite wall?  Does Jill not understand how dorm rooms work?  Each person gets a corner.   

• Like 8
7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Stop lying. 

FE4D0652-1AB2-4811-81FE-303B45401818.jpeg

If Plexus is so great for both your health and your finances, why does DBD look like a walking advertisement for heart disease and diabetes and why do you go around begging for money all the time?

• Like 10
  • Applause 11
  • Love 3

That’s a room for 5 year olds, not teens, one of whom is an actual adult. 

Also all I can think of when I see the teddy bears is this pastor’s kid I knew growing up who used a teddy bear to…practice. And I don’t mean practice kissing.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

How old are the boys? I’m getting Golden Girls—ish.  How does it look outdated if she just ran out to get things to freshen up the room? 
I don’t think Elle Decor will be calling Jill anytime soon.

• Like 2
  • LOL 11