Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Oh Jill is never letting go of this family.   A boat?   Waterskiing?   Probably a cabin on the lake.   She has visions of free summer vacations dancing in her head.

What the hell is she holding up?   Is this the Church of the Holy Designer Purse?   Yes I know its probably a bible in a cover, but the way she is holding it up it looks like a) a bag that b) they should be worshipping.    Golden calf, something, something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, SMama said:

GWE?
Good to see she didn’t make the boys wear their “pool clothes” aka street clothes. I wonder why. 

Maybe their hosts insisted on proper swimwear or would not allow the boys to waterski? Can't let performative modesty interfere with a chance for  the boys to have fun and suck up to their latest marks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

Maybe their hosts insisted on proper swimwear or would not allow the boys to waterski? Can't let performative modesty interfere with a chance for  the boys to have fun and suck up to their latest marks.

And that completely debunks the BS they spew about their “modest swim clothes.” I agree, I can’t see their host being OK with the boys skiing in jeans and polo shirts. It’s a safety issue and once again Jill is full of shit. 

Edited by SMama
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SMama said:

And that completely debunks the BS the spew about their “modest swim clothes.” I agree, I can’t see their host being OK w in the boys skiing in jeans and polo shirts. It’s a safety issue and once again Jill is full of shit. 

This will give BME quite the dilemma. This family has lots of material things she likes but the boys wear immodest shorts. Hmmm, looks like the material things won out. What a hypocrite. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

the boys have worn shorts for swimming many times. I am guessing they do the full blown guys in jeans swimming when they are in more public places where Jill needs to draw the most attention to the modest swimwear.

jill seems to want to be in with these folks for whatever reason, so she will act as needed to get whatever it is she wants from them. If it is a courtship possibility, then they can't appear too far out there. After Nurie and the extended grieving of her moving away, those kids must be constantly praying for a courtship partner who has a heart to live near mama.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2
10 hours ago, merylinkid said:

What the hell is she holding up?   Is this the Church of the Holy Designer Purse?   Yes I know its probably a bible in a cover, but the way she is holding it up it looks like a) a bag that b) they should be worshipping.    Golden calf, something, something.

Legit theologians accuse some of the crazy fundies of worshipping the Bible, rather than worshipping God. Fundies can get so obsessed with the idea of inerrancy that they completely miss the mark. (“Truth”)

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 10
On 8/29/2022 at 2:07 PM, Cinnabon said:

He may have just screwed up those potential opportunities because he quit his first job after only a week or 2. He finished school, started the job, and then quit within weeks.

Doctors here and on other forums have disagreed about it probably being neurological. 🤷‍♀️ She needs to see a psychiatrist next imo.

I don't put a lot of faith in a doctor who is giving a medical assessment of a patient based on social media posts without seeing the medical test results, consulting with the physicians who are treating the patient or examining said patient. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I don't put a lot of faith in a doctor who is giving a medical assessment of a patient based on social media posts without seeing the medical test results, consulting with the physicians who are treating the patient or examining said patient. 

Me neither. Not everyone on that thread believes they are faking. I don’t. Exaggerating for clicks, possibly. But they aren’t asking for money. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Me neither. Not everyone on that thread believes they are faking. I don’t. Exaggerating for clicks, possibly. But they aren’t asking for money. 

Asking? They make money from the fools who continue to click on and watch their YouTube videos. They don’t need to ask directly. They continue this farce so people will continue to click and they’ll make more money from those people’s clicks. 

1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I trust doctors with experience a lot more than randos  with no medical education whatsoever. 🤷‍♀️Who is more likely to be correct? 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Ha maybe Jill hangs spaghetti on her toes and Dave eats the spaghetti as part of their foreplay 

🤣🤪🤢

Recently someone on Reddit commented that maybe he enjoys her sausage-like fingers and dreams about Vienna sausages. 🤣

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 8

This is the effect Jill and her selfish, superspreading horde (and those like them) are having on the vulnerable:

In the last few months, Dr Jeannina Smith has seen organ transplant recipients who have been very careful throughout the pandemic venture out for one activity, contract Covid-19 and lose their transplant.

I have been at the bedside of a transplant recipient” who “was very ill and in the hospital, and she got Covid the second time in a healthcare setting”, said Smith, medical director of the infectious disease program at University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics. “She was sobbing because she said, ‘It’s so hard for me to see that people care so little about my life that wearing a mask is too much for them.’”

https://apple.news/AqJ_a_xODRr6TdP7qfKbcNQ

shame on them and all who allow this behavior. 

• Sad 22
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Asking? They make money from the fools who continue to click on and watch their YouTube videos. They don’t need to ask directly. They continue this farce so people will continue to click and they’ll make more money from those people’s clicks. 

The amount influencers make from clicks is minuscule.   Like PENNIES a month.   The real money is from getting sponsors based on followers.   The sponsors pay to advertise their products.    Just getting clicks isn't enough to make money.   I doubt Carlin is making a lot from her Insta channel.    And at least its better than Jill outright ASKING for money to be sent to HER for her sick mother.   

Carlin and Evan might be filming their kid for clicks.   But at least their daughter looks well fed and is dressed in clothes that fit.   Yeah that's about my standard right now with these people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, merylinkid said:

The amount influencers make from clicks is minuscule.   Like PENNIES a month.   The real money is from getting sponsors based on followers.   The sponsors pay to advertise their products.    Just getting clicks isn't enough to make money.   I doubt Carlin is making a lot from her Insta channel.    And at least its better than Jill outright ASKING for money to be sent to HER for her sick mother.   

Carlin and Evan might be filming their kid for clicks.   But at least their daughter looks well fed and is dressed in clothes that fit.   Yeah that's about my standard right now with these people.

I was referring to YouTube views, not Instagram. 

• Love 2
Just now, Cinnabon said:

I was referring to YouTube views, not Instagram. 

You tube also only makes pennies.   Like maaaaaybe a couple dollars a day.    The money is not in the revenue sharing from the sites.    Its from getting sponsored posts.   Even then with a following of "only" about 168K, they aren't in the big money makers on you tube.   They are in the modest category meaning it brings in a little income.   

More here in this article:   https://influencermarketinghub.com/how-much-do-youtubers-make/

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Here's the thing. There are several levels. 

1. Carlin's seizures are due to neurological problems, in which case she would most likely be diagnosed with epilepsy. 

2. Carlin's seizures are NOT due to neurological problems, but instead are psychosomatic. That doesn't mean she's faking. That just means the seizures don't have a medical cause. In that instance she would likely be diagnosed with psychogenic non-epileptic seizures, which is a type of conversion disorder. Psychological symptoms are essentially "converting" to physical symptoms.

3. Carlin IS faking her seizures. In that case, it would be psychological, but not necessarily psychosomatic. It would be a different psychological disorder - either a factitious or a malingering disorder. In a factitious disorder, the motivation is internal - there is some reward to assuming the sick role (e.g., attention) and the individual may keep it up to reap those rewards. In a malingering disorder, the motivation is external (e.g., money).

3a. Or factitious disorder or malingering disorder by proxy, whereas it would actually be Evan with the psychological problem who is making Carlin sick. 

I feel like several of these options are plausible, but I think the least likely is #1. My husband had two seizures four years apart and was prescribed anti-seizure medications. Even though the EEGs never showed anything, the neurologist after the second seizure did give an informal diagnosis of epilepsy even though it was not totally confirmed. I feel like the doctors would first jump to epilepsy as that is the best known, and the fact that it was never confirmed nor denied to my knowledge makes me think it's the least likely possibility.

In my opinion, I think it's most likely #2, but I think #3a is a dark horse possibility. If you watch the videos, Evan clearly dominates. 

Edited by madpsych78
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 7
10 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Exaggerating for clicks, possibly.

Exaggerating is just another word for lying, when it comes down to it. Lying.

3A861BAF-59EE-462E-B46E-05C3A895E695.jpeg

10 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

1. Carlin's seizures are due to neurological problems, in which case she would most likely be diagnosed with epilepsy. 

2. Carlin's seizures are NOT due to neurological problems, but instead are psychosomatic. That doesn't mean she's faking. That just means the seizures don't have a medical cause. In that instance she would likely be diagnosed with psychogenic non-epileptic seizures, which is a type of conversion disorder. Psychological symptoms are essentially "converting" to physical symptoms.

3. Carlin IS faking her seizures. In that case, it would be psychological, but not necessarily psychosomatic. It would be a different psychological disorder - either a factitious or a malingering disorder. In a factitious disorder, the motivation is internal - there is some reward to assuming the sick role (e.g., attention) and the individual may keep it up to reap those rewards. In a malingering disorder, the motivation is external (e.g., money).

3a. Or factitious disorder or malingering disorder by proxy, whereas it would actually be Evan with the psychological problem who is making Carlin sick. 

I feel like several of these options are plausible, but I think the least likely is #1. My husband had two seizures four years apart and was prescribed anti-seizure medications. Even though the EEGs never showed anything, the neurologist after the second seizure did give an informal diagnosis of epilepsy even though it was not totally confirmed. I feel like the doctors would first jump to epilepsy as that is the best known, and the fact that it was never confirmed nor denied to my knowledge makes me think it's the least likely possibility.

Thanks for this. No one is saying she isn’t sick, but that it’s more and more likely that she has a mental illness of some sort, not a physical one. It’s time she saw a psychiatrist, imo. Mental illnesses are diseases like any other.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

I'll admit I find this all very confusing, but from what I can find, YTers in Carlin's viewer range could be making from $400 - $4000 per video depending on viewer subscription, views, ads, partnerships and actual ad clicks. They have about 170k subscribers and this last video got almost 300k views over 3 days.

On the low end, that's about $20,000 per year for 52 videos. $4000 per video x 52 weeks is over $200,000.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jill has no clue what they in for handling does she?

I want to hear more about this dimensia.  

Does she realize the real risk her mother faces of now having or developing dementia?

She keeps mentioning FULL recovery over and over. I don’t think she’s been paying much attention to what the doctors and other medical staff have been telling her. On another note, I don’t think her younger kids are/will be getting much homeschooling, such that it is. 😢

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

In my opinion, I think it's most likely #2, but I think #3a is a dark horse possibility. If you watch the videos, Evan clearly dominates. 

I agree and these have all been discussed in the Bates thread. The one option I feel you left out is they're just straight up lying. They took a real problem, knowingly exaggerated it and it grew out of control.

Also very early into all this, I couldn't help but think even Evan thought Carlin was faking. But as per my posts in the Bates threads, I went from believing it, to malingering, to factious disorder, conversion, to lying and cycled back through them all.

Curiouser and curiouser.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Well at least ma is going home that means she is stable?

Stable has many meanings. Once improvement stops or significantly slows, insurance will discontinue payment, which may make discharge very rapid. Insurance may have other restrictions as well.

• Like 11
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

They don't need to ask, their You Tube channel is monetized.  They get paid every time someone watches.  Look at the number of hits their videos of Carlin's episodes get compared to anything else they post.  They have a rather large incentive to keep the medical mystery posts coming, especially now that Evan quit his job.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

I see Jill invited her and her kids over to the house of the nice family her dad is staying at for a sleepover.   I'm sure they were thrilled to have the family descend on them.   Oh well, maybe the kids got fed.    

You notice when she talks about all the help her Mom will have, she never once mentions her own family helping out?  

Skunk smell when they are scheduled to visit another family (wanna bet its the new family with the nice stuff?).    Hahahahahahaha.   God is telling you something Jill -- stop grifting off others.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Absolom said:

Jill has no clue what they in for handling does she?

I want to hear more about this dimensia.  

Does she realize the real risk her mother faces of now having or developing dementia?

“… help GENTLE my dad into a routine.”  Say what??

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

Amy's husband, the dude with the foot oil, will likely have to add the task of the lion's share of helping with his MIL, in addition for caring for his wife and kids and working.

Does anyone know if Amy has any day-time help? Maybe they'll spilt the help between the two houses.

• Sad 3
9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

There is a 4th possibility:  Carlin has a non-neurologic medical disorder which is causing symptoms that could be mistaken for seizures.  For example; someone with hypoglycemia can tremble and shake and appear to be 'out of it'.  However, that one is easy to rule out with a simple blood test and I presume that has happened.  Cardiac problems where there is disruption of blood flow, like a cardiac arrhythmia could, in rare cases, cause syncopal episodes (fainting spells).  Many people who faint will tremble and be confused initially, but most fainting spells are very brief as the person gets blood flow to their brain as soon as they are horizontal.  Carlin has had extended cardiac monitoring which was apparently negative since she hasn't mentioned it again and, also, her episodes last for up to half an hour while she is lying on the ground which means they're not typical fainting spells.

There are a lot of really obscure medical conditions that could also possibly cause her symptoms; but they are so obscure, that it is far more likely that there is a psychological basis for her problems.  Also, she has had a lot of testing including multiple CT scans and a lot of blood work which could be expected to rule out even rare stuff.

Occam's razor applies to medicine too.  Or, as we were always told in med school, 'When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras',  Carlin might be a zebra, but far more likely, she is a horse.

Does anyone know if Amy has any day-time help? Maybe they'll spilt the help between the two houses.

I am sure Amy has long since passed the lifetime limit on her health insurance, if they even had health insurance at the time of the accident.  Once that happens, Medicaid/Medicare kicks in and she might be eligible for some home health care, but, in that case, it is probably no more than maybe 4 hours a day and it would be illegal to share the aide with anyone else.  Most home health aides help the quadriplegic get bathed and dressed and into the chair for the day and then return in the evening and reverse the process.  There is little time for much else.

Most health insurers have a $1 million or so lifetime limit per policy holder. After that,  it is on the government or for the family to pay for and/or provide.  That's why so many big lawsuits in cases where someone is severely injured.  Amy's husband fell asleep at the wheel, there was no one to sue.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 8

I think lifetime limits on health insurance are no longer allowed. When I said split the care, I didn't mean on the down low, I more meant the same care giver could work between the two homes.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think lifetime limits on health insurance are no longer allowed. When I said split the care, I didn't mean on the down low, I more meant the same care giver could work between the two homes.

I think that only applies to policies issued after the ACA was passed.  I don't remember when Amy's accident was in relation to passage of the ACA though.  I somehow suspect that she didn't have regular health insurance at the time of the accident anyway.  

Her mom would have to qualify via Medicare for a home health aide in order for them to share one, though, if she's not able to walk unassisted, she should qualify.  Of course, it depends on what Medicare coverage they chose.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I think Jill's posts show concern that Mom won't be back to normal. Jill was probably very hopeful in the beginning, but now reality is setting in. Of course, she has to keep up the  optimism, but things will look different when there's no full-time staff around.

We'll see how the care rotation of the four daughters goes. Jill will do her turns until they aren't fun or convenient anymore. Being a home health "aid" is hard work, and Jill is more into supervising than doing.  

"Gentling" dad into a routine suggests he will take over Ma's entire care eventually. Based on cases of brain bleeds that have happened in my extended family, that scenario is unlikely. Even if Ma makes great mental and physical progress, she will never do the things she once did. Life will never go back to what it once was. 

Maybe, the Noyeses should hire some help. That was the idea of the gofundme, wasn't it? 

• Like 12
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Dimensia ummm no that’s not it. 

Jill will not help out it will fall on daddy and the other daughters .

Well at least ma is going home that means she is stable?

No, it means that the rehab facility feels she will no longer benefit from continued inpatient care.  Or she's reached the limits covered by Medicare.  Maybe both.

It has now been a couple of months since Mrs Noyes' brain bleed.  A full recovery at this point is not impossible, but not likely, either.  Most likely, she will gradually improve a bit over the next few months to a year and that will be her new baseline and it will be far below her level of function prior to the stroke.

Maybe, the Noyeses should hire some help. That was the idea of the gofundme, wasn't it? 

No, the GoFundMe was to allow Jill's father to stay home from work while Mama was in the hospital.  She asked for 20 grand and got about 6.  After Jill paid for her most recent vacations, I think her Daddy wasn't left with enough to cover their household expenses for a couple of months, let alone hire outside help.  Her father has since quit his job completely, but even Jill admits he has some health concerns.  I think it is very unlikely that a guy in his 70's who has some health issues is going to be able to handle full time care of his wife who is apparently unable to walk any distance two months after a stroke.  Mrs. Noyes is going to need a huge amount of daily help just to remain at home and her elderly husband is not going to be able to provide it.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 6
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'll admit I find this all very confusing, but from what I can find, YTers in Carlin's viewer range could be making from $400 - $4000 per video depending on viewer subscription, views, ads, partnerships and actual ad clicks. They have about 170k subscribers and this last video got almost 300k views over 3 days.

On the low end, that's about $20,000 per year for 52 videos. $4000 per video x 52 weeks is over $200,000.

I plugged the urls of their three most recent videos into the calculator in the article merylinkid provided. That gave incomes from those videos at between $400 - $550. It seems that to make bank you need over a million subscribers and the viewers also need to click the ads.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

I thought ma would go to a nursing home if she wasn’t well. Hopefully her family takes good care of her at home. 

Jill will show up at ma’s to eat, drink and sing 2-3 times a year. Jill only cares about herself.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I thought ma would go to a nursing home if she wasn’t well. Hopefully her family takes good care of her at home. 

Jill will show up at ma’s to eat, drink and sing 2-3 times a year. Jill only cares about herself.

And take pictures of herself draped all over Ma. Hopefully her parents will have some professional help too.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

AFF52ADE-EA1C-456A-B631-809B48079BC1.jpeg

737F4541-CBB3-4058-B79D-A21C196A47AE.jpeg

931890E9-9ACD-4844-9338-8846824FDDF4.jpeg

D0170DEB-B725-437A-98C8-719C1F758E7F.jpeg

AVOID THAT AREA haha

Welp now we know what day to NOT attend Music on the Square.

Oh those poor people who will be expecting a nice night of music and then get the caterwauling of the Rodriguii screeching about Jeebus.

• Like 11
  • LOL 2