Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I just watched Chad and Erin Paine’s newest video.  They haven’t moved to FL yet because apparently they were buying a house there but, for whatever reason, the deal fell through.  I guess they’re searching for another house.  The thing that really caught my attention was Chad.  If you look up the word “haggard” in the dictionary, you’ll see Chad’s picture beside the word.  I honestly wonder if he’s ill.  His face is so thin and pale, and he’s starting to look, I don’t know, just old and utterly exhausted.  They need to shut down the baby train forever, because Erin looks completely worn out too, but poor Chad looks like he’s completely at the end of his rope.  Quite frankly, it was disturbing to see him like that, and I’m kind of worried about him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Erin conceived the last one (Finley?) after having long Covid and having like 1 3/4 of her ovaries removed.

Are these people totally against birth control?  For instance, hypothetically if a doctor told Erin that she will die if she ever gets pregnant again, would she and Chad just stop having sex or would they use birth control?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

DB1FF7D1-085F-47F3-A633-045C82E35820.jpeg

F6B6F0C2-597D-49D2-973E-DCCD8B26E161.jpeg

This is when I noticed how many kids heavily resemble David.

Good lord (Daniel)--who shoved the broomstick up Timbit's ass?  He's standing up so upright he's about to fall over backward.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Are these people totally against birth control?  For instance, hypothetically if a doctor told Erin that she will die if she ever gets pregnant again, would she and Chad just stop having sex or would they use birth control?

Chad and Erin seem to adhere to the Gothard playbook, despite denouncing the man. He was against all forms of birth control. By contrast, Alyssa has admitted to using non hormonal BC while she had her heart issues, and it's suspected that Carlin used something to space her kids. Tori, OTOH, yikes!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Erin conceived the last one (Finley?) after having long Covid and having like 1 3/4 of her ovaries removed.

Yes, she did and the odds of her having another one are tiny.  Her piece of an ovary is failing by the day.  I'm a singleton and was conceived under similar conditions.  They'll need a lot of assistance to get more babies.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Yes, she did and the odds of her having another one are tiny.  Her piece of an ovary is failing by the day.  I'm a singleton and was conceived under similar conditions.  They'll need a lot of assistance to get more babies.

I wonder what assistance is permissible? I think the fundies are across the board against IVF. 

OK, I need to ask a question.  I've watched and commented on this forum for quite a while, and I'm unsure about something that's mentioned quite often here.  Who TF is Lord  Daniel?  He's mentioned a lot, and I need to know more!

Thank you in advance for enlightening a snarky old lady.🙃

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

OK, I need to ask a question.  I've watched and commented on this forum for quite a while, and I'm unsure about something that's mentioned quite often here.  Who TF is Lord  Daniel?  He's mentioned a lot, and I need to know more!

Thank you in advance for enlightening a snarky old lady.🙃

Here you go!

F434C590-FCFD-47E1-9118-43FEE3D11B54.jpeg

• Thanks 6
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, crazy8s said:

from the shower video - this waif has a bagel bite and chips with candy, made for melting, sprinkled on top??

but Jill is so happy she remains so tiny......

Screenshot (293).png

The is the most bizarre conglomeration of crappy food that I have sever seen, potato chips, candy melts and  bagel bites that are served on a baking tray.  And to serve this stuff to guests at a shower is beyond the pale. What is wrong with Jill? Any normal grown woman would be embarrassed by this.  Even the child in the picture is looking at it like you really expect me to eat this? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Nurthan have dropped the price on their house by $5k. 

I hope they can still make a decent profit. Who am I kidding? GWE & BME are going to make sure to sponge all the profit off these two seemingly kind but clueless kids. 

• Sad 6
7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

DB1FF7D1-085F-47F3-A633-045C82E35820.jpeg

F6B6F0C2-597D-49D2-973E-DCCD8B26E161.jpeg

This is when I noticed how many kids heavily resemble David.

Good grief, are the boys wearing lipstick?   I mean I'm okay with that if they want to, but ya know, their Jeebus might not be.

As for the girls, real modest there to have them wearing dresses that emphasize their breasts.    Wearing a t-shirt under those breastplates does not make it better.   I also see Jill did their make up.   

Just so much cringe.   If you ever wonder how Jill really feels about her kids, just look at these pics.   She hates them ALL.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

The is the most bizarre conglomeration of crappy food that I have sever seen, potato chips, candy melts and  bagel bites that are served on a baking tray.  And to serve this stuff to guests at a shower is beyond the pale. What is wrong with Jill? Any normal grown woman would be embarrassed by this.  Even the child in the picture is looking at it like you really expect me to eat this? 

I know, right?!  I’m telling y’all, the woman is certifiably insane.  She truly is.  I cannot begin to imagine the insanity that those children are subjected to.  Just being in Jill’s presence 24/7 is abuse IMO.

• Sad 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Jannessa is 4+ so she's an older toddler, but Jill plans on keeping her the baby.

Except that's not Janessa in the picture. The vow renewal was when Jill was pregnant with Janessa, so sad bonnet waif is Sofia. She actually was a toddler at the time of the picture, but hasn't grown much since... 

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Sad 15
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Except that's not Janessa in the picture. The vow renewal was awhile ago, and there are only 12 kids picture. Sad bonnet waif is Sofia (who hasn't grown much since). 

Yikes, she's 7 years old, definitely not a toddler!  She's baby #2.

• Sad 3
5 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Yikes, she's 7 years old, definitely not a toddler!

She was two when that picture was taken... (I edited my original post to make that clearer, and checked the date for the vow renewal.)

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Useful 3
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They apparently traveled there last week with the van filled with 84k smiley tracts they felt compelled to deliver personally. 🙄

When Nathan and Nurie were going to FL anyway and could’ve met up with whoever wanted the tracts, but NO!  BME and Slug needed a vacation because they haven’t had one in ages!

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Jannessa is 4+ so she's an older toddler, but Jill plans on keeping her the baby.

The toddler wearing the bonnet during the vow renewal is Sofia.  Jill was pregnant with Janessa then.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

When Nathan and Nurie were going to FL anyway and could’ve met up with whoever wanted the tracts, but NO!  BME and Slug needed a vacation because they haven’t had one in ages!

It would have saved them probably thousands of dollars to just mail them as they have done in the past. As I said earlier today, Jill is a shitty steward of money.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

Jill has to stick around home for the next couple of weeks. DramaJilla isn't going to miss giving Phillip a dramatic sendoff for his first day of college. The whole family will have to help him pack his car and wave teary goodbyes as he drives away from the compound. 

Fear not. Phillip will be back for dinner and tucked into his bunk bed. He's commuting.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Yeah like they went on a vacation 2 weeks ago 🤣

Wonder when they went to FL now or a week ago? 

I am SEVERELY happy Jill/David had a cozy trip on Nurthans dime.

• Sad 7
Just now, Absolom said:

What is going on here?  Jill's platter of food is larger with more food than David's bowl.  Did he perhaps already polish off a platter?

There is a plate in front of him with a bit of chicken. Might be his.

Is that fried chicken on Jill’s plate?

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, awaken said:

It never, ever gets old!  

Due to poor grammar and punctuation, poor Daniel became Lord of the Laundromat.  It just never gets old.  I wonder if he left the area after his Jill encounter.

• LOL 14
45 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Jill was pregnant with Janessa at the vow renewal

image.png.b431a22701b9493267b247b83607c52e.png

MY EYES, MY EYES.    GROSS.

Oh yes, Jill needs another vacation.    Putting on Kaylee's bridal shower was sooooooooooo stressful.   Opening those bags of candy melts can wear you out, let me tell you.   Seriously, it was just another way for Jill to get Nathan to pay for more meals.   Notice it was just her and GWE this time.   So THEY got fed, while the kids at home were probably forbidden to go near the pantry.

• Sad 9
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Absolom said:

I'm pretty sure Erin already had "assistance" to have her last one. Her idiot mother used hormone treatments to maintain her last pregnancies, so the hypocrisy is already established. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Natural BC? Maybe? But from all I have read, a woman dying during childbirth is like the ultimate martyrdom. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 2
  • Sad 7