Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

This just confirms my feeling that she has development delays and Jill is not admitting to the fact.  Janessa will be with her forever.

She should be going to public school and getting the extra help she needs.  Many programs for kids with delays run all year long.

My feelings are that there’s not a thing wrong with Janessa and she’s playing Jill like a fiddle in order to keep her “most loved, most spoiled” status.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

She's a 6 year old in a very dysfunctional family that encourages playing the kids off against each other. If that is true, that's not her fault and is very much on her parents. 

I agree, if she is aware of what she is doing, it has more to do with the cut throat dynamics of that family than her nature. People can be "created" into something they might not be under normal circumstances. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
32 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I wonder if Gabriel is the family scapegoat? Families with an unhealthy dynamic usually have at least one. Nurie is clearly the Golden Child. 

I don't think so. Jill has commented many times on what a joy he is. Gabriel has been shown for years carrying Janessa around. I think he is a people pleasing type and knows how to keep mama happy. He buys her flowers and such

I think studious Phillip might be more the scapegoat. Timothy and Samuel are manly and Jill likes to post their muscles to the point of photoshopping muscles on her son.

Phillip studies, wears glasses and from very early on has been teased by his dad and brothers for liking the Cowboys instead of the Redskins/Commanders.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

She's a 6 year old in a very dysfunctional family that encourages playing the kids off against each other. If that is true, that's not her fault and is very much on her parents. 

In no way am I faulting or putting down Janessa at all!  

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

In no way am I faulting or putting down Janessa at all!  

That's fair! I feel so bad for all the Rod kids. A lot of these families have awful dynamics, but I think theirs might just be the worst I've seen. And I can't even  imagine how much worse it is behind closed doors.

• Sad 15
14 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I'm not sure that she does favour her sons. They get attention for their religious ambition and for general "manliness" (ie climbing things and making nuisances of themselves) but the only thing I know about them as individuals is the Hungary and missionary pilot things (back before even Jill realized they weren't equipped for that). Being in a minister is clearly of the upmost importance to Jill. She goes on about "Pastor Nathan Keller" like he's got a doctorate of divinity and heads a megachurch, but we don't hear much about the boys outside of the sermonising. I don't think I've ever heard of a post enjoying time with the boys as much as she talks about all of her activities with her "girlies". 

What is the Rod male equivalent of “girlies?”

I wish Gabe had his own SM accounts so we could wish him a happy 18th birthday (without Jill’s interference).

• Like 7
30 minutes ago, AstridM said:

What is the Rod male equivalent of “girlies?”

I think it's "Not Whimps"   😂

• LOL 15
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I wonder if Gabriel is the family scapegoat? Families with an unhealthy dynamic usually have at least one. Nurie is clearly the Golden Child. 

I realize that these kids have been brainwashed by Jill since birth, but does Jill hold any space in her brain for the fact that she might just drive one of her kids away with her treatment/neglect?  And that they might spill the tea on her?  It's probably a longshot, but I am thinking of the Duggar girls who have written books, Ethan Plath's divorce from Olivia, who is now telling us how it was, etc.  

We know that Jill is extremely aware of what goes on in other people's houses (so she can measure herself against them and find herself superior) - but she should be careful who she choses to ignore.

6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think it's "Not Whimps"   😂

Or "My Manly Men"

• Like 10
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Or "My Manly Men"

"Manlies"?! Though it just makes me think of Little  House. LOL

• LOL 18
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

but does Jill hold any space in her brain for the fact that she might just drive one of her kids away with her treatment/neglect?

For her to think that she would have to acknowledge she isn't the bestest mamma ever.    Of course maybe she does think that which is why their homeschooling is so deficient.   Can't write a tell-all if  you are illiterate.

• Like 7
  • Sad 7

I wonder if the scapegoat is permanent. There have been hints that it was Timbits (he was her "wilful" one, she wore out her knees praying for him to get hitched), but he did get some positive attention when he was first trying college. Kaylee also seemed to be picked on, but now she's the sunshine girl and the best/worst of the Rod Mahmo pleasers from what we can see online. 

I wonder which Rodlet Dave favours. We so rarely see him interacting with the kids at all. 

• Like 9
49 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Philip is on LinkedIn. Who knows if it’s real account. But it lists his job. 

Is the job Missionary to Hungary???

• LOL 6

Whoa, TWO cheesecakes for Gabriel?  Dang, even after Dave dips up first, Gabe might actually get a slice all for himself. 

Actually those look very similar to the cheesecake samplers I get from Aldi and if so the slices are very small, so I might have to walk back my enthusiasm.

• Like 17

Jill posted:

It was a treat that at Camp Meeting EVERY ONE of our children (except Nurie) made it to sing with us at least for one night.  What a blessing!  🥰😊  I cherish these "together" moments.

I thought it was nice that the night Timothy was there, was Gabriel’s birthday.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Whoa, TWO cheesecakes for Gabriel?  Dang, even after Dave dips up first, Gabe might actually get a slice all for himself. 

Actually those look very similar to the cheesecake samplers I get from Aldi and if so the slices are very small, so I might have to walk back my enthusiasm.

I thought those cheesecakes looked familiar, and yes the slices are definitely sample size. But I think I spot a box or 2 of Little Debbie pies in the background. Is this the Barndo or the Airbnb?

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I thought those cheesecakes looked familiar, and yes the slices are definitely sample size. But I think I spot a box or 2 of Little Debbie pies in the background. Is this the Barndo or the Airbnb?

I noticed the Little Debbies too. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Public Service Announcement:

If you foolishly decide to click on Jill's video of the Rods singing Happy Birthday to Gabriel in 14-part screeching harmony, make SURE you have the volume turned down, especially if you're around other people.  Someone might wonder why you're watching a video of a dozen cats simultaneously getting their tails caught under a rocking chair.

You're welcome.

Is it bad enough to make dogs howl? 

• LOL 9
42 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

The church or someone must have stocked the airbnb with food. Next to the debbie cookies there were bananas. On top of the fridge were boxes of cereal and cheese and crackers.

The giant TV going in the background was hilarious. Jill and all her "we don't watch worldly tv" . Sadie actually runs back to the tv as soon as the singing is over.

• Like 6
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Public Service Announcement:

If you foolishly decide to click on Jill's video of the Rods singing Happy Birthday to Gabriel in 14-part screeching harmony, make SURE you have the volume turned down, especially if you're around other people.  Someone might wonder why you're watching a video of a dozen cats simultaneously getting their tails caught under a rocking chair.

You're welcome.

Hey I was enjoying that lunch you nearly made me choke on !!!🤣

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

It’s the Air B&B.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Next to the debbie cookies there were bananas. On top of the fridge were boxes of cereal and cheese and crackers.

Does anyone think these kids are allowed to simply grab their own snacks when hungry?

• Sad 11

Jill didn’t even bother writing what burdens Gabe’s heart aka his future plans. After graduating off to work. No missionary or pastoring dreams for G boy.

• Sad 10
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

The church or someone must have stocked the airbnb with food. Next to the debbie cookies there were bananas. On top of the fridge were boxes of cereal and cheese and crackers.

The giant TV going in the background was hilarious. Jill and all her "we don't watch worldly tv" . Sadie actually runs back to the tv as soon as the singing is over.

So Dave isn't the only one who watches the map.

• LOL 11

Recently while I was looking for some other old rod video or pic I happened upon a video of Jill feeling superior because they don't have cable or a dish and I'll be damned if the next thing out of her mouth wasn't "we have one of those Roku things so we can watch the news and some other things"

So in reality the rod's have the exact same access to things on a screen as many of us probably have.

• Like 8
  • LOL 10

TV is evil but internet is okay in Jill’s world. 

Someone bought all the food for rods as usual. I hope they aren’t invited back to the revival anymore. But I think they’d crash it anyway!

• Like 9
3 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

TV is evil but internet is okay in Jill’s world. 

Someone bought all the food for rods as usual. I hope they aren’t invited back to the revival anymore. But I think they’d crash it anyway!

Of course someone bought all that food and those cheesecakes (which how convenient that they wouldn't have to go out and buy a cake!). There was more food in that kitchen than in the kitchen back home. 

I don't buy that a lot of these people don't have or watch TV.  Maybe not 10-15 or so years ago, but please we aren't being fooled. And you can find good programming that fits your values, you just have to know where to find it. 

• Like 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I don't buy that a lot of these people don't have or watch TV.  Maybe not 10-15 or so years ago, but please we aren't being fooled. And you can find good programming that fits your values, you just have to know where to find it. 

I looked back to find the video - jill's fb Nov. 2016 they already had a roku way back.

Premise of the video - RV parked at dave's sister's house and the sister has TV and Jill, we don't have tv, but have roku for news and some other things. Jill has been watching the hallmark channel because she just loves it. Loves those christmas movies, but she has been watching the commercials that are heavy on medications for "gut health" and other things. This of course proceeds to a plexus pitch, the all natural ingredients that have no side effects like diarrhea like medications have. (this was early on in her plexus journey)

Anyhoo they have "just ran out to pick up taco bell", Jill's fav. At least 4 12 packs of tacos are shown crammed in the back seat with Kaylee, who does the required simpering hi for mama's camera. Mid video Jill drops her very favorite cinnamon twists....

So a pitch for plexus gut health products, while in a car with at least 48 tacos and jill's personal bag of cinnamon twists.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 2

Maybe she was reminded that Gabriel was having a birthday when she read this thread.  Hi, Jill (smile)!  In some small way, I feel like we have some control over her and what she shows on social media.  Her bike was mentioned last summer.  Within a few days, there's a shiny new video of her riding it.
Something about Gabe seemed 'off' in that video, aside from the normal 'off'.  Even if most of the things shown are loaded full of sugar, it's probably the most amount of food that's been in any kitchen recently.  If Dave & BME aren't going to feed their children, at least there are people looking out for them at these events.

• Like 9

How dumb does Jill think we are.  You can brag all you want about not having a TV antenna or a dish and feel holier than thou, but she never mentions having internet.  Internet is all you need to see all the TV you want using a Fire Cube or Roku.  Guess what, Jill.  I don't have an antenna or dish either.  I use my Fire Cube with my internet, just like millions of other people.  You are not special, Jill.  You are just someone  that watches TV and lies about it.

• Like 12
  • Applause 7
(edited)
13 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

How dumb does Jill think we are.  You can brag all you want about not having a TV antenna or a dish and feel holier than thou, but she never mentions having internet.  Internet is all you need to see all the TV you want using a Fire Cube or Roku.  Guess what, Jill.  I don't have an antenna or dish either.  I use my Fire Cube with my internet, just like millions of other people.  You are not special, Jill.  You are just someone  that watches TV and lies about it.

when Gabriel got a set of mini basketballs for christmas and jill made sure to point out it was a Dude Perfect set, it was clear to me they watch youtube. my grands watch that all the time and i think it is only on youtube.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Sadie actually runs back to the tv as soon as the singing is over

It wasn’t only her. They all scattered as soon as Gabriel blew out the candies.  You could tell he didn’t like being filmed either. 

• Like 11

Jill is once again pushing the Plexus 3 day fasting/cleanse/whatever the hell you want to call it.  She said that she and Kaylee are doing it.  If they’re stupid enough to keep doing this 6 times/year, IDGAF.  But isn’t Kaylee breast feeding?????  The stupidity in this family knows no bounds!

10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill describes herself in one word as "passionate." What word would you use to describe her? 

Delusional. 🤪

Narcissistic 

• Like 20
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill is once again pushing the Plexus 3 day fasting/cleanse/whatever the hell you want to call it.  She said that she and Kaylee are doing it.  If they’re stupid enough to keep doing this 6 times/year, IDGAF.  But isn’t Kaylee breast feeding?????  The stupidity in this family knows no bounds!

Narcissistic 

Kaylee needs her calories if she is and Gid doesn't need a fasting/cleanse! 

• Like 11