Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)

This is something, even for Jill.

What I noticed about her video...the girls were constantly pulling up the sleeves of their pinafores because they were clearly too big.  It also looked like Jill had pulled the dresses from the bottom of her unwashed laundry bin because they were both very wrinkled.  Also, summer frocks over black long-sleeved t-shirts is a "look," but sadly, not a good one.

Janessa was clearly scared to be sitting next to the animated Chuck.  Jill even wrote over the video that Janessa was "nervous."  When freaky Chuck-E turned to "look" at Janessa, her face showed fright and she tried to move away but was forced to smile for Jill's video.  Jill.  Is.  AWFUL.

50% of the video, probably taken by the other waif whose name escapes me, was of Jill and her Hunk (hands off, ladies, he's taken) shooting hoops and playing video games.  I thought they were there for Janessa's birthday?

That was one sad video.  At least the little waifs got some pizza.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 10
  • Sad 10

Has there been a time where Jill was actually near the birthday child while the family sang happy birthday? She hung onto Janessa for this one.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Has there been a time where Jill was actually near the birthday child while the family sang happy birthday? She hung onto Janessa for this one.

Normally Jill is the one shoving her camera in everyone's faces while the embarrassed birthday child stands with a frozen smile in front of his/her Twinkie with a candle in it, but this time Jill was all over Janessa.  She is going to baby that child something fierce.  Janessa might end up the least educated of all the Rods, by Jill's own devices.

• Sad 13

In the video with Janessa opening the doll, it looks like the clock shown behind Olivia's head shows 11:55. Dark outside and all the lights on, so pm.

• Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 10
On 4/10/2024 at 3:24 PM, oliviabenson said:

Tim is gonna leave 100 smiley tracts in the nursing home while preaching to poor tired seniors. And they will be his captive audience and to get rid of Tim the seniors will accept Jesus! 

After sampling Tim's video pod casts, or whatever he used to call the monotone, depressing ramblings he recorded at work and later in his trailer, I'd say an hour of Tim might be helpful for any people in the nursing home with sleep problems. 

I can't help thinking about how TV's Saul Goodman from Better Call Saul started his legal empire selling services to residents of nursing homes. If Tim only had Saul's drive and personality, he might capture a few souls and sell insurance at the same time. However, it seems Jill and David stomped out Tim's personality at an early age. Maybe Heidi will help him get some of it back. If Tim can't make money by grifting or by working, Heidi may balk at pumping out an entire army of little Rods for God. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

She looks like she’s about to cry.

Guess she isn’t selling her giant stash of plexus.

In her last couple of videos, she’s seemed very off to me.  Like she’s sad, not feeling well or something.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

This is something, even for Jill.

What I noticed about her video...the girls were constantly pulling up the sleeves of their pinafores because they were clearly too big.  It also looked like Jill had pulled the dresses from the bottom of her unwashed laundry bin because they were both very wrinkled.  Also, summer frocks over black long-sleeved t-shirts is a "look," but sadly, not a good one.

Janessa was clearly scared to be sitting next to the animated Chuck.  Jill even wrote over the video that Janessa was "nervous."  When freaky Chuck-E turned to "look" at Janessa, her face showed fright and she tried to move away but was forced to smile for Jill's video.  Jill.  Is.  AWFUL.

50% of the video, probably taken by the other waif whose name escapes me, was of Jill and her Hunk (hands off, ladies, he's taken) shooting hoops and playing video games.  I thought they were there for Janessa's birthday?

That was one sad video.  At least the little waifs got some pizza.

It looked like Janessa and Sofia were the only two Rod kids at ChuckECheese.  I guess Jill let Nessa pick her “best friend” to go with her to the outing, because we all know that none of those kids have a real best friend.

• Sad 15
11 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

In her last couple of videos, she’s seemed very off to me.  Like she’s sad, not feeling well or something.

Pregnant probably. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
15 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

That’s what I’m afraid of.

It wouldn't be a surprise. I don't think she would be upset or sad about it, so I would go with, if she is pregnant, not feeling well. Or maybe the combination of plexus and raw milk is not a good thing. 

• Sad 7
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Pregnant probably 

42 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

It wouldn't be a surprise. I don't think she would be upset or sad about it, so I would go with, if she is pregnant, not feeling well. Or maybe the combination of plexus and raw milk is not a good thing. 

My stomach is bubbling at that disgusting combination of chemicals and bacteria mixing together in a human stomach… lawd have mercy 

• Like 13

I noticed that Sofia who is going to be 9 in July was sucking her thumb as they entered Chuck E Cheese. Obviously she was self soothing. 
Funny that Jill is commenting on her children growing up so  fast as we see her 2 youngest children sucking their thumbs and dragging around security blankets far past the age where those habits would be considered age appropriate. 

• Sad 20
45 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I noticed that Sofia who is going to be 9 in July was sucking her thumb as they entered Chuck E Cheese. Obviously she was self soothing. 
Funny that Jill is commenting on her children growing up so  fast as we see her 2 youngest children sucking their thumbs and dragging around security blankets far past the age where those habits would be considered age appropriate. 

Yes this is so sad. Sofia was shown sucking on a blanket in the eclipse videos and Jill pulled them to the door of chuck e cheese in a wagon. 6 and almost 9yr olds pulled in a wagon!!

Neither girl seemed to have any problem walking around chuck e cheese, even though both had shoes on that were at least 3 sizes too big and not wearing socks.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 13
  • Useful 1

Jill is never gonna let Janessa go or mature at all. J will be stunted the worst. I pity J the most out of the kids. Jill will treat her as a pet cat or emotional support caboose…

#freejanessa 

• Sad 5
11 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is never gonna let Janessa go or mature at all. J will be stunted the worst. I pity J the most out of the kids. Jill will treat her as a pet cat or emotional support caboose…

#freejanessa 

I think there will be some interesting dynamics in Family Rodrigues as the kids grow up and make their own lives (or not). Jill claims the kids are each others' (and her) best friends and are always happy, but they are allowed and even encouraged to be competitive and even mean to each other. Jill doesn't hide that she has obvious favorites, and that must hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if cracks appear in the shiny veneer, and some of it ends up being public.

The Duggars tried to sell the myth that they were just one big happy family, and we see how that turned out as some of them started to question how "happy" things really were. Of course, the Duggar kids had the misfortune to grow up on television, which is even worse than being plastered all over social media. 

• Like 11
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Jill pulled them to the door of chuck e cheese in a wagon. 6 and almost 9yr olds pulled in a wagon!!

quoting myself to correct this. The two girls walked to the door but both had stuffed dogs wrapped in blankets that they placed in the wagon before going in the door.

I also noticed in looking at that video that both Sofia and Janessa have their ears pierced. I have never noticed that before.

• Useful 5

I saw the beginning of the video . It looks like a beginning for a 20/20 special. It’s very depressing/dark. Sofia still sucks her thumb. So does J baby. Yikes on a bikes.

• Sad 7
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

quoting myself to correct this. The two girls walked to the door but both had stuffed dogs wrapped in blankets that they placed in the wagon before going in the door.

I also noticed in looking at that video that both Sofia and Janessa have their ears pierced. I have never noticed that before.

Where did the wagon come from?

• LOL 1
11 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Where did the wagon come from?

probably a grift. 😂

but they own it. It's one of those folding ones you keep in a car. Jill has shown it in videos before when they go to the zoo or god bothering at the fair.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Raw milk during pregnancy may be more dangerous than Plexus. Risk of listeriosis leading to illness, miscarriage or stillbirth of baby.

22 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I don't think anyone living in a nursing home is insurable. 

Depends on the kind of insurance! Life insurance, nah, but there are surely many other kinds of insurance that Timmay could convince people to get. . .

• Useful 2

It looks like Tim had to resort to pitching to senior citizens.  Probably the only group of people that will listen to him.  @Salacious Kitty, you made a great point.  What kind of insurance do these people need?  Most likely, all of these folks are going to be on Medicare and have their supplemental plans in place.  I would guess most of them don't drive anymore.  They don't have a need for rental/owner insurance.  My guess would be the Medicare Advantage Plans.  You know the ones that do exactly that...take advantage of older people.  My mom has had the same supplemental plan through AARP/United HealthCare for 6+ years now, and while it's a bit more expensive, she doesn't have to worry about extraneous bills.  She's had 2 eye surgeries in the last 8 months, and everything has been covered except for the $150 annual deductible.  We are lucky that our parents are healthy-mentally & physically.  It pisses me off to know there are people that have jobs and are getting paid to screw over our elderly population.  And, it wouldn't surprise me if Tim's doing the same exact thing.

(Or, knowing Jill & David, it's insurance for the rare instance that the family maypole comes down in a random derecho tornado/storm or whatever the hell she called it). 

• Like 7
(edited)
52 minutes ago, sixlets said:

It looks like Tim had to resort to pitching to senior citizens.  Probably the only group of people that will listen to him.

the Ohio Insurance agent site has this on Timothy

Active status until March 2025 as an Individual Agent for

Individual - Resident -

Major Lines

Accident & Health

As far as the nursing home ministry. Every church I have ever attended had one. Usually a few people going at a scheduled time once a week to sing and maybe pray. Surely no senior would be forced to attend. Jill and dave have dragged the kids to nursing homes to perform and have shown the boys preaching in the past, so that would be something Tim knows.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Usually a few people going at a scheduled time once a week to sing and maybe pray. Surely no senior would be forced to attend.

Yeah I used to be part of the nursing home programming my library offered, and we would sometimes be scheduled after a church group that would sing hymns. Participation in these activities was entirely voluntary. You were there because you'd expressed an interest in doing so and you could leave at any time. My library would always send 2 of us. Usually, my coworker would be the one doing the presentation/programming, and I was up and out of the room a lot flagging down staff once someone decided they were tired and wanted to go back to their room and couldn't do so without assistance. I'd argue the nursing home residents are less captive audiences than the church groups they sing for.

Edited by Zella
  • Like 13

Jill has just posted they have been sooo busy this week recording their 9th music cd. They recorded it themselves in the upstairs attic guest room.🙄

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14

I could understand them ok - it is a song that their hero Patch the Pirate sings on one of his cds.

Little by Little, Inch by Inch. Janessa seemed a bit unsure of when she needed to sing though.

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

And I couldn't understand a word either Janessa or Sofia sang. 

I understood most of what Sofia sang but Janessa might as well have been speaking French, because I couldn’t understand a word she said/sang.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I could understand them ok - it is a song that their hero Patch the Pirate sings on one of his cds.

Little by Little, Inch by Inch. Janessa seemed a bit unsure of when she needed to sing though.

I did understand Sofia's "inch by inch." That was about it. I'm concerned for her. She's what, 8?

• Sad 4
47 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Spot the eleventy billion things wrong.

3BD18859-6A57-402A-9B68-E54FDD505D75.thumb.jpeg.e23b67c567d4f4c3494d2bfef5c41c39.jpeg

• Feeding himself to sleep.
  • Covered in blankets.
  • Using pillows.
  • And on the floor.

At least he is on his back. And what does Jill know about inappropriate photos? Wouldn't those be sinful?

• Like 16
  • Mind Blown 1
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I did understand Sofia's "inch by inch." That was about it. I'm concerned for her. She's what, 8?

I believe she is 9. 

8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Spot the eleventy billion things wrong.

3BD18859-6A57-402A-9B68-E54FDD505D75.thumb.jpeg.e23b67c567d4f4c3494d2bfef5c41c39.jpeg

Why is that baby on the floor like that? Not to mention a propped bottle (water, juice, sweet tea?). 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 7

How that child has survived this long amazes me.   First they took him out to a dinner theater when he just out of the NICU, now they just leave him on the floor.   That poor child.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The whole thing looks staged. 

Looking at it, it is easier to believe it is staged than that Jill is really that ignorant.  However, based on other stuff she's done, she could well be that ignorant.

All the layers and layers of bedding/fabric surrounding his face is making me twitch.

Presuming the photo was taken recently, the kid is 9 months old. Even if he was premature, he does not need swaddled like a newborn.  Presuming he is crawling at least a little, having him sleep on the floor rather than on a bed or sofa where he could fall off isn't the worst idea although, considering Janessa was sleeping in a crib until a couple weeks ago, surely there's a pack'n play, playpen or other more appropriate and safe place for him to nap.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 16

They have a pack and play in the little alcove with the sewing area in the upstairs attic guest room. It is less than a minute to fold and set one of those back up in another room.

How long until we see Jill hauling Gideon around in the kid trailer behind the ebike with no helmet. Probably this summer.☹️

• Sad 6
16 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Didn't Kaylee get a dog last year? Wonder what happened to it since there are no signs of a dog in any of these photos. 

Tim is currently on his 3rd dog. 😢

• Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 6
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Tim is currently on his 3rd dog. 😢

I guess we can assume the dogs aren't going to the vet, because if they were he wouldn't gotten a third.

• Sad 5
On 4/14/2024 at 12:37 PM, oliviabenson said:

And that baby’s body is full of plexus. 

And that’s the most concerning thing IMO.

On 4/14/2024 at 2:03 PM, Notabug said:

Looking at it, it is easier to believe it is staged than that Jill is really that ignorant.  However, based on other stuff she's done, she could well be that ignorant.

All the layers and layers of bedding/fabric surrounding his face is making me twitch.

Presuming the photo was taken recently, the kid is 9 months old. Even if he was premature, he does not need swaddled like a newborn.  Presuming he is crawling at least a little, having him sleep on the floor rather than on a bed or sofa where he could fall off isn't the worst idea although, considering Janessa was sleeping in a crib until a couple weeks ago, surely there's a pack'n play, playpen or other more appropriate and safe place for him to nap.

I don’t think he’s crawling even a little.  If he was, it would be broadcast on SM.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1