Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I can't speak to the fabric, but the cut of Jilly's top might have been something I would have worn when I was pregnant.  No, I don't think she is (or I hope not!)

Tessie does seem to slouch in photos, like she's wanting to look shorter.  I suppose most fundie men want wives that are shorter than they are?  🙄

• Like 7
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Can someone explain that top Jill is wearing? The kids are wearing plaid shirts, some over long t-shirts for unknown reasons. Is Jill wearing a very short gray sweater over a billowy white shirt, or is this a one-piece franken-thing she bought for the occasion? Surely, in honor of the party theme, she could have found something plaid in that packed walk-in closet of hers.

Good to see she kept the white cowgirl boots. She's been able to wear them twice now.

Maybe she shops on QVC.  They have had some atrocities that look even worse than this lately.

• LOL 13
(edited)

It took a bit for anyone to even go over to Nathan and Nurie  and congratulate them. They just stood there. I guess they hadn’t gotten that instruction.

Of course before the last piece of paper was removed to reveal it said “girl”, Jill asked everyone what they thought. It seemed like everyone said boy. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

My favorite part of the videos was Jill's sausage finger pointing to the "tiles" that each kid had to remove to reveal BOY or GIRL while she dumbed down the explanation of how it all worked.  Like, I think this crew has the gender reveal thing down pat by now, Jill.  It's not really that exciting.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

I don't know that Nathan and Nurie will choose a "biblical" name for a girl.

Fundies seem to find biblical names more important for the male offspring. Jill's  names for her own children reflect that. Of the girls, I think maybe only Hannah would be considered a biblical name.

Newman isn't a bible name, so they had to use the weird logic of new man in christ or whatever to justify.

I predict the kellers will pick something they think is unique, but in reality is just a weird name. Oddly spelled, oddly pronounced or something.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
(edited)

They are going to do Neveah, aren’t they?

I swear, everyone that got pregnant in my high school in the mid/late 90’s named their girls Skye or Neveah. Since these people are basically stuck in that era and have the intellect of a high schooler, I can see them thinking “heaven spelled backwards” is super cool and original.

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8

Well, "Numbers" is an actual book in the Old Testament, and NUMBERS are really all they are about when it comes to children, so they could just go ahead and own it by using it as a name.

• LOL 16
22 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

David and Hannah Keller seem to live near the Nurthans. Their daughter is named Eden and the other Reber granddaughter is named Genesis.🙄

For some reason I thought they lived in Arkansas.

(edited)
27 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

David and Hannah Keller seem to live near the Nurthans. Their daughter is named Eden and the other Reber granddaughter is named Genesis.🙄

I actually like Genesis. Not a fan of Neveah. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm sure I won't be a fan of whatever they name her. It's going to be stupid and contrived.

This will be interesting though. 

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

For some reason I thought they lived in Arkansas.

I thought they did too. But Nurie showed Hannah over for a tea party a while back and I think it is David K performing the western skit with Nathan at Pastor Nathan Keller's church.

1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

I thought they did too. But Nurie showed Hannah over for a tea party a while back and I think it is David K performing the western skit with Nathan at Pastor Nathan Keller's church.

I think we knew even before the tea party, but I can't remember how we found out.

18 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I can't speak to the fabric, but the cut of Jilly's top might have been something I would have worn when I was pregnant.  No, I don't think she is (or I hope not!)

Tessie does seem to slouch in photos, like she's wanting to look shorter.  I suppose most fundie men want wives that are shorter than they are?  🙄

Shorter, less intelligent, quiet, good helpmeet, knee pads...

43 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm sure I won't be a fan of whatever they name her. It's going to be stupid and contrived.

I vote for Taffy.  Not sure why, makes no sense, but that's what popped into my head.  Maybe I just want candy.

• LOL 10
19 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Can someone explain that top Jill is wearing? The kids are wearing plaid shirts, some over long t-shirts for unknown reasons. Is Jill wearing a very short gray sweater over a billowy white shirt, or is this a one-piece franken-thing she bought for the occasion? Surely, in honor of the party theme, she could have found something plaid in that packed walk-in closet of hers.

Good to see she kept the white cowgirl boots. She's been able to wear them twice now.

That sweater reminds me of the Spencer jackets that used to be worn over empire waisted dresses.  They didn't want a jacket that drew in the natural waist when wearing that cut of dress, so it stopped under the boobs.  Having the fabric able to flow freely from the bust line to the floor hid the shape of the waist and hips.  Think what the Bennet sisters wore as outerwear in the Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice. 

Not sure what Jill was thinking wearing it the crazy way she did since it doesn't do the figure camouflaging/enhancing things that people often use it for, but that may be what the original designer was going for...

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I vote for Taffy.  Not sure why, makes no sense, but that's what popped into my head.  Maybe I just want candy.

Not an N name.... maybe Naffy? 

53 minutes ago, peppergal said:

That sweater reminds me of the Spencer jackets that used to be worn over empire waisted dresses.  They didn't want a jacket that drew in the natural waist when wearing that cut of dress, so it stopped under the boobs.  Having the fabric able to flow freely from the bust line to the floor hid the shape of the waist and hips.  Think what the Bennet sisters wore as outerwear in the Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice. 

Not sure what Jill was thinking wearing it the crazy way she did since it doesn't do the figure camouflaging/enhancing things that people often use it for, but that may be what the original designer was going for...

We always called them shrugs. I did like those little jackets in P&P, but how could they be warm? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Turquoise said:

So Nurie wins The First Granddaughter Race (conflict manufactured by Jill). I guess that means KayleeGirl is back to (and Kaylee...now with Gideon!).

This is what popped into my head when this reveal was made.  I remember when Jill posted about what Kaylee was praying for and felt sorry for Kaylee.  She probably told her mom that in private and wanted it to stay private.  

It was awkward watching the kids after the reveal and how they just stood there.  Finally, one girl went over to Nurie and gave her a side hug.  The littles looked like they had just been told there was no more food for their lunch.  

• Sad 8

Naomi.  I think Nancy would not get enough attention.  They are only out to prove how devout they are.  The name will have to have some Biblical connection.  Maybe they can make up something that will fit their attention-getting needs.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Naomi.  I think Nancy would not get enough attention.  They are only out to prove how devout they are.  The name will have to have some Biblical connection.  Maybe they can make up something that will fit their attention-getting needs.

Newoman? 

• LOL 23
18 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Hey, I called Naomi! But then said it was too nice for them. Nancy's an old lady's name and not biblical, so that's off the table. 

I expect something really weird. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Poor little girl, who will be raised with the goal of churning out double digit babies.  I can hear Mimi Mahmo shrieking already.  

How long before she’s old enough for her first broom groom?

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

And the ability to support him and their eventual family by exploiting their kids online!

• Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Jillzette sent me haha

Maybe a Portuguese name with letter N.

Or Nexus/Nexxi 

Or 

Miriam/Mimi to honor her horror grandma Jill lol

I honestly think it’s gonna be

Neveah Joyful Skye or something 

• Like 6
23 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Or Nexus/Nexxi 

Or 

Miriam/Mimi to honor her horror grandma Jill lol

I honestly think it’s gonna be

Neveah Joyful Skye or something 

16 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Nevaeh Jill is the safe bet. 

yea, pretty much but you just never know with these people. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Hey, I called Naomi! But then said it was too nice for them. Nancy's an old lady's name and not biblical, so that's off the table. 

I expect something really weird. 

I expect anything that will draw attention to them.  The first granddaughter must have a very, very special name.  I wonder if "Jill" will be part of it. (Heaven Jill, Praise Jill, Heistheway Jill, Alleluia Jill---you get the idea.)

Saddly, this would not surprise me too much.

• LOL 8