Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Jill, I have not been on a vacation since 2017 (thanks to the pandemic in 2020).  I did spend about 55 hours driving to Asheville and then back home in 2021.  But as desperate as I am for a vacation, I am not jealous/envious of this trip.  

I have not been on a vacation since 2009 and I am in no way jealous that Jill is on a beach trip!! When I am finally able to go on vacation it will be because I am able to afford it with my own money that I earned. It will not come from tricking my daughters to order crap they don't need and it won't come from grifting! 

• Like 5
  • Applause 11
On 2/17/2024 at 8:51 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill's oh so mahdest ensemble for opening night. I don't know how she walks in that skirt.

Screenshot_20240217-200608.png.c887ca607e3594072685d105da73b82d.png

Have we ever seen Jill and Carole Baskin in the same room together? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 23
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm worried about the jacuzzi. Did their clothes clog it up? 

If the hot tub is at all private, I am betting Jilly is wearing a bathing suit or even (brain bleach please) starkers.    The mahdest clothes are for the public when she can show off how modest she is.   Swimming in street clothes are where others can see, so she can shame them for not being as dogly and mahdest as she is.   In private, she does whatever she wants.   

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
5 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

If the hot tub is at all private, I am betting Jilly is wearing a bathing suit or even (brain bleach please) starkers.    The mahdest clothes are for the public when she can show off how modest she is.   Swimming in street clothes are where others can see, so she can shame them for not being as dogly and mahdest as she is.   In private, she does whatever she wants.   

I wonder if they even knew they would have the jacuzzi. If not, she might have packed her "modest" swimwear for performances at the beach or pool. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

searched for balls for David

This trip truly is the gift that keeps on giving!  I’ll actually be sad when it’s over!  Following her quips and outfits has been the highlight of my weekend!

• Like 6
  • LOL 10
11 minutes ago, awaken said:

This trip truly is the gift that keeps on giving!  I’ll actually be sad when it’s over!  Following her quips and outfits has been the highlight of my weekend!

Same!

• Like 5

She was hanging out at a table full of “New Yorkers”

🤣😭

BD98FA86-C643-4FD0-BE55-A21BF2E64EF9.jpeg

She looks like she is about to eat your soul. Looks evil man. 

40C3DFAA-4660-4CBC-88E7-9ECFFEC81196.jpeg

Where am I? Am I ok? 

FD3D1B67-B37B-4F72-BA72-399BC59B0227.jpeg

My mahdest skin tight sexy outfit, you like?!

• LOL 19

Jill is swimming under the cover of darkness.

I wonder if Jill shared with her fellow diners how back home they shared the milk of one coconut among the whole family.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Question answered. Jill did bring her swimming gear.

Screenshot_20240219-215910.png

Her IG has a video of her jumping in with a skirt on.  Lands End has really nice modest swimwear.  But I suppose she advertises her supreme modesty better by wearing regular clothes and not letting a swimsuit near her heavenly self.

With that fake braid, maybe she’s picturing herself as Carrie Underwood in Sound of Music Live.

IMG_1929.webp

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
8 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

FD3D1B67-B37B-4F72-BA72-399BC59B0227.jpeg

My mahdest skin tight sexy outfit, you like?!

She is sucking it in with everything she’s got, her shoulders are even leaning forward 😂.  Guess shape wear was the one thing she didn’t pack. Thank goodness for filters 😏

• Like 3
  • LOL 20
7 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

That neon yellow shirt was A Choice.

Not a good one, mind you.

At least he got new clothes. I’m sad he didn’t wear that hideous flag shirt and his fetching while leggings lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
(edited)

She posted the expected judgemental diatribe against alcohol and music.    They left the farewell party because there was alcohol and music ‘that did not honor God’.     I’m surprised  she continues to work for a company that hosts a party with alcohol and music if she feels obligated to leave the party. She didn’t mention any actual inappropriate behavior. 

The photo of the table ‘filled with New Yorkers’ had a total of four chairs at it, with the appropriate number of drinks on the table.  So she met two New Yorkers.  
Later she actually spoke with fellow Plexus attendees that were like-minded.  Her photos this week seemed to show the two of them pretty well isolated.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 22
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Per Jill (I’m not posting the picture she refers to):

Quite arguably, I would say this moment (pictured below) was my MOST favorite part of this entire Punta Cana, DR trip!  😊  Let me explain.  

When I was a child, our church would have an Evangelist named Tim Lee  come preach.  His legs were blown off on a land mine in the Vietnam War.  😥  He then gave his life back to Christ and turned from his rebellion.  I would watch him wheel around the platform at our church while preaching, and I would think what an incredible person he was and what an amazing testimony he had! 💙

I remember crying as a child while watching a video of the reunion of Tim Lee and his praying war buddy - Corporal Lee Gore.  Tim Lee's entire life story touched me to the core of my soul!  He warned against rebellion against God and our parents and the devastating effect it can have on our lives.  😬 

Years have passed since those days in Rochester,  NY, where I heard Tim Lee preach.  

Fast forward to about 7 years ago.  I heard that Tim Lee's daughter ( Jana Lee Hooten ) worked Plexus and had achieved Diamond Rank.  💎  Her daughter was tragically killed in an ATV accident,  and once again, I watched with AWE, as this precious family of God navigated through their grief with unwavering faith.  ❤️  I was inspired all over again!  

My Uncle Jon P. Gainer  knew that I was going to Punta Cana and let me know that Tim Lee would be there with his family....who also earned the trip to Punta Cana through Plexus.  😊 

On a HUGE resort, with thousands of people, I was fearful I would never bump into them... but I wanted to!  ❤️  I wanted to express how much their unwavering testimony meant / means to me, and I am sure many others!  I prayed that God would allow me the opportunity to meet them personally. 🙂

Every time I saw a wheelchair, I would take a double look to make sure it wasn't Brother Tim Lee.  But, it never was.  😥

On Monday Night, David and I shortly attended the Plexus Farewell Party.  We took some pics and a quick video and visited with some people, but then decided to leave.  Alcohol consumption and music that does not honor God, was not an atmosphere we desired to stay for an extended period of time.  🙄

So, we listened to the Holy Spirit when the timing was right to leave, and we began  to walk to a restaurant for a quiet, relaxing dinner. 

On our way there, we saw a group walking towards us and there was a man in a wheelchair!   Could it be?!  😄  YES!  It was indeed Evangelist Tim Lee and his lovely wife Connie Hamson Lee  and his daughter Jana Hooten with her husband Steve Hooten !  I couldn't believe my eyes!  

I excitedly stopped them and I expressed how much I loved them and their ministry for the Lord!  I had tears in my eyes.  It was a GLORIOUS moment I will never forget!  🥰

Yes, God granted me my prayer to meet them.....but only because we had heeded the Holy Spirit of when to leave the rowdy party and choose to honor Christ and our Biblical standards and convictions.  

I have always prayed that no matter how successful I am in Plexus, I would never compromise what I know is right!  

God is SO Good to me and His mercies are so abundant to me!  ❤️💛  

Tim Lee and his precious family did not disappoint.   They were warm, lovely and sincere.  Tim Lee handed my husband a Gospel Tract of his testimony.  👋  It was a GLORIOUS moment, encouraging me that there are still those out there that have given their lives to Christ to serve Him with their whole heart!  ❤️

Thank you, Jesus, for granting me my desire.  I look so forward to spending an entire Eternity with people like this in Heaven someday.  

To God be the Glory, great things HE hath done!  

Serving Jesus with Thankful Rejoicing, Jill 😊

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 1
10 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Does wearing a ton of makeup and skin tight skirts honor God in some way? How does printing the same old tracts that wind up as litter on God's green earth honor God? How does criticizing others honor God? Or assuming that "Natives" don't already have Jesus? Or shorting your own kids on food while stuffing her own face on endless dates and vacations? How do these things honor God?

Jill, Jesus drank wine, btw! (Mike Keller's bs interpretation aside)

And Jesus danced! I remember reading something about Jesus had to be charismatic and fun... if he walked around all dour, how would he attract so many followers? 

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

She has not posted any pictures of her and hubs at the beach.  I can’t imagine being so offended/afraid of people in beachwear that you won’t even take a walk down to the beach when you’re in such a beautiful place.  I wonder if they really did have a good time, or were bored because they didn’t know what to do besides bowling and golfing away from everybody else.  But they were there for what, 3 days?, and didn’t seem to take advantage of much the resort had to offer (other than the food).  She’ll never admit it of course if they were bored but they seemed to be mostly by themselves, and not doing anything where they might see a person in a swimsuit.

• Like 18
  • Sad 3

Jill spends so much of her time judging others and feeling superior to them that she can not possibly enjoy places like a resort.

I picture Jill at a resort, stalking people in wheelchairs. Chasing them down to see if it was the guy, just so she could get a pic with his Diamond level daughter.

Jill swimming in the pool at night seems to be the rod pattern since the incident at the KOA where the guy kicked them out for wearing street clothes. They are always shown at pools or beaches early in the morning, late at night or in crappy weather when no when else is there to defraud them or report them.

• Like 18
  • Sad 4
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

BDD20013-87FA-4F20-8F93-28FFAF08AD26.jpeg

It looks fried and are those some potatoes? They certainly weren't serving the traditional dishes of plantains, rice and beans.... even when I was there, the food, while good, was very Americanized. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

Jill, do you know it is possible for you to cook at home with less sugar and carbs?? Too bad your girls weren't there to tell you "it looks so nutritious, just like your cooking mama" like the did that one time she claimed to eat Indian food.

• Like 12
  • LOL 4
On 2/19/2024 at 10:03 AM, libgirl2 said:

David and her are eating like kings, she is going to come home with tons of sweatblouses, hats or whatever. Meanwhile, her kids are barely eating and you know she won't bring a thing back for any of them. 

I don't know, Jill strikes me as the type to bring home an empty mini bottle of resort shampoo for Tessie, a napkin and a plastic cup with the resort's name on it for Janessa to play "restaurant" with, etc.

Man, I hope Jonathan and Nathan are feeding those kids while BME and Big Daddy are away playing "holier than thou."

22 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Would any of us want to? I get a feeling everyone is hanging out at the beach, wearing swimsuits, having a drink, maybe dancing, so of course Jill won't do that. I remember the cruise pictures and people were around the pool doing the same. She would have been in her room the whole time. 

And we know she thinks her moral high-ground absence from most of the parties is oh-so conspicuous, and is somehow going to make others wonder, "where is Jill?  Why isn't she here?  Could it be....perhaps, we are sinning?!  Should I re-think this margarita?"  While in reality, either no one has even clocked her not being there, or they are relieved about it.

7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

Much less sugar and carbs as compared to what, Jill - the crap you serve at home?  

• Like 20
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I don't know, Jill strikes me as the type to bring home an empty mini bottle of resort shampoo for Tessie, a napkin and a plastic cup with the resort's name on it for Janessa to play "restaurant" with, etc.

Sure, whatever freebies she could put in her luggage to bring home. God forbid she would actually BUY something for anyone but herself. 

• Like 16
(edited)
9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

The pool is not open at midnight. No lifeguard on duty. Jill broke the rules. The moron could have drowned. 

It's not Jill's fault that the only way she could take a dip was to wait for all of the heathen swimsuit-wearing hussies to finally go to bed.  Rules are for other people.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 19
  • LOL 4
11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

It's not Jill's fault that the only way she could take a dip was to wait for all of the heathen swimsuit-wearing hussies to finally go to bed.  Rules are for other people.

And there in is why she wasn't in the ocean. A midnight swim there is a bit trickier and potentially more dangerous. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

That off-color polyester braid, the massive scuba goggles, the skin-tight skirts. Jill certainly makes interesting choices.

Does she wear a thong under her clingy skirts? Is she going to have to shave her armpits now that she has an immodest Punta Cana blouse to wear? Does the Bible offer guidance about these important questions? I hope so.

• Like 6
  • LOL 10

Eh, just because there's no lifeguard doesn't mean she couldn't swim, you're just swimming at your own risk. The pool was lit.  NBD as long as you're not alone. 

IRT the beach - my friend's recent experience was that the surf could be very heavy and it was very windy on the beach at times  -- they were more comfortable at the pool. Also, they enjoyed the pool bar LOL

However, its also very hot on the beach so if you aren't in a swimsuit and wont go in the water (JILL)   you would probably bake like a potato. 

Also, 75% of the DR is Catholic. so they already have Jesus but apparently the wrong brand of Jesus.

• Like 21
22 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Eh, just because there's no lifeguard doesn't mean she couldn't swim, you're just swimming at your own risk. The pool was lit.  NBD as long as you're not alone. 

IRT the beach - my friend's recent experience was that the surf could be very heavy and it was very windy on the beach at times  -- they were more comfortable at the pool. Also, they enjoyed the pool bar LOL

However, its also very hot on the beach so if you aren't in a swimsuit and wont go in the water (JILL)   you would probably bake like a potato. 

Also, 75% of the DR is Catholic. so they already have Jesus but apparently the wrong brand of Jesus.

I thought it was mentioned that it closed at a certain time. And if something did happen? Imagine the lawsuit! 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

While in reality, either no one has even clocked her not being there, or they are relieved about it.

No one even noticed.   Jill isn't at noticeable as she thinks she is.   Even in the hideous outfits and with the screeching.  

It must KILL her that she is not at the level of her "inspiration."   

THOUSANDS of people?   Surely Plexus didn't have that many people there.   Plus wouldn't there have been parties or presentations or something where she could have seen him?    Of course she had to make it all about how she was so holy that Dog answered her prayer when she walked out of the heathen party.   

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I thought it was mentioned that it closed at a certain time. And if something did happen? Imagine the lawsuit! 

Since she went swimming after the pool is closed I don’t think they can sue. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1