Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Has Jill ever wished Nathan or Jonathan HBD? I honestly can't remember her doing so. 

I have no idea, but I can see her giving a shout out to Pastor Keller of ABC Church in XYZ, FL. But not Jellyfish Jonathon, or enemy #1 Hardy Heidi.

• Like 8
On 1/16/2024 at 10:10 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Kaylee's latest comma massacre. 

Oops, it won't post the continuation, which contained an unnecessary comma. Or accidentally merge. That works, too! 😂

464481D8-6BBC-4CEC-AEE5-E33FDDBF31DF.thumb.png.48a4e9a774ffa94ac0fe3ea077c5ef58.png

DC77A727-E1AC-4CF7-995D-8F2749562D6F.thumb.png.c5a65f298d10ef7f7a5bd95e22e90eca.png

Oh wow, a parent feeding their own child. Alert the media. My husband used to feed our baby and then make dinner for us. He must qualify for sainthood. Fundies' standards are painfully low.

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Basically a fake mannequin aka she is ashamed of her real looks…

Gahdly Jill is ashamed of the looks that the LORD gave her!

• Thanks 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8

Jill is going to show up to Teidi's wedding with a brace on her SEVERELY TORN knee and her arm in a sling to support her SEVERELY TORN shoulder. She'll need to decorate her wheelchair with fresh flowers from the church and reception bouquets. Jill is SHE WHO WILL NOT BE UPSTAGED. 

Note to Heidi: Don't let Jill near you if she's holding tweezers, and don't let her do your hair unless you're OK with a lopsided rat's nest on your head. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 11
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Dearest HEIDI!!  Happy Birthday from Future Mom and Dad Rodriguez!!! 😘  I had SUCH a SEVERLY heavy burden on my heart wondering day after day after day if there was ever going to be a PURE young lady to become a holy helpmeet to my darling Timothy!!! 😲😥🤪  My beloved son!  My dearest boy! 😇 And even though no one is perfect, Heidi! 😈🤣 You are sooooooo close to perfection!! 😋  We have become SUCH good friends! 🥰 And your mother sells Plexus with me and we are ALSO very good friends!! 🥰🥰🤑  Please keep your heart pure, keep your home clean, cook Timothy's favorite foods so that he will never stray, and also we cannot WAIT for your wedding and the delicious food we are sure you will be serving!! 🤩🎂🌭🍕🍤🧁  I have a white dress picked out for your big day that you will not believe!! 👑👠🔥👗  #PLEXUS #PLEXUS #PLEXUS #PLEXUS     

Not enough mentions of PLEXUS bwahaha. Otherwise yep that’s Jill lol!

• LOL 7
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I have no idea, but I can see her giving a shout out to Pastor Keller of ABC Church in XYZ, FL. But not Jellyfish Jonathon, or enemy #1 Hardy Heidi.

Speaking of Pastor Keller, Jill always addresses him as “Senior Pastor” of the church, as if the church is so large that it needs more than one pastor.  She is so full of shit.

• Like 7
  • LOL 14
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And your mother sells Plexus with me and we are ALSO very good friends!! 

What? It’s like she’s speaking to a toddler 🤦‍♀️

1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Speaking of Pastor Keller, Jill always addresses him as “Senior Pastor” of the church, as if the church is so large that it needs more than one pastor.  She is so full of shit.

Right? What does that even mean?

• LOL 4
17 minutes ago, AstridM said:

What? It’s like she’s speaking to a toddler 🤦‍♀️

Right? What does that even mean?

It’s a fake post written in Jill speak lol

it means Nathan Keller is a senior pastor in a church of few parishioners lol. Soon his kids will outnumber the parishioners lol.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
59 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

The Rodrigues spawn is probably almost the entire congregation at their home church in Ohio?!

If that's the case, the pastor of the Rod church is one unfortunate man, because I'm sure the Rods don't put anything in the collection plate. In fact, I wouldn't put it past Jill to take money out of the plate!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

It’s a fake post written in Jill speak lol

it means Nathan Keller is a senior pastor in a church of few parishioners lol. Soon his kids will outnumber the parishioners lol.

Probably already do. 😀

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

If that's the case, the pastor of the Rod church is one unfortunate man, because I'm sure the Rods don't put anything in the collection plate. In fact, I wouldn't put it past Jill to take money out of the plate!

Hey Plexus isn’t cheap lol. She probably does steal from the collection plate. 

• Like 5

"Mary said she would order Slim from me this month, and I just watched her put a $10 bill in the collection plate. I'm sure that she meant to give that to me as a promise to pay for her order!" 

-Jill (probably)

• LOL 9

I have known people that do things at church--choir members, Sunday school teachers, for example--who feel they donate through their "church work" and do not give money.  It would not surprise me at all if Jill feels she gives to the church through her "music" and Ladies Retreats, and does not donate to the offering at all.

• Like 17
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
On 2/12/2024 at 4:13 PM, ginger90 said:

Shilling Plexus.

Screenshot from a video:

6802124F-2E87-437E-89E8-25A9EE5717A8.jpeg

Lips the shade of that ground beef that is just past the “sell by” date.

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
13 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Years ago my boss told me his wife had taken their two kids to church the day before. After church, his wife was talking to the pastor's wife and saw her son playing with a $20 bill. She asked him where he got it and he said he took it when the collection plate passed.  I laughed and said one day he was going to be a televangelist.  

To get back on topic - there is no way Jill gives money (much less tithing), to the church.  She's a taker, not a giver.  

• Like 10
  • LOL 8
Just now, anyasmom said:

Maybe the vicious sickness will prevent her from going on her Plexus trip.  Just laying the groundwork for an excuse maybe?

That is exactly what I thought too. JillyBean would be doing much more pumping herself up about this SEVERLY wonderful trip she earned if she was actually going. But you never know with her. Perhaps once she gets to Nurie’s the Keller clan will need her or something. Five minutes with all the viciously sick Rodlets and Nemo and Newby will be sick too.

• Like 8
  • Sad 8
53 minutes ago, anyasmom said:

Maybe the vicious sickness will prevent her from going on her Plexus trip.  Just laying the groundwork for an excuse maybe?

I hope she doesn’t go. That evil witch already enjoys enough vacations after depriving her kids of everything.

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 2/12/2024 at 8:25 AM, AgathaC said:

It does sound normal. Here’s hoping — for their sakes and those of their future children. I’m sure Heidi’s family has beliefs I would strenuously object to, but they at least sound less awful and “personality disorder-esque” than the Rods.

As for feeding: it’s amazing to me children survive these fundie families. And women marveling about their husbands pitching in with the kids makes me twitchy. My grandmother once told me that in their day, fathers really weren’t very hands-on with their children (at least not until they were older). My dad, on the other hand, was all over me and my sisters and they were sort of surprised and bemused at the generational difference. My mom was a SAHM and did most of the housework/cooking/kid stuff. But my dad was very involved, so that always seemed normal. I recall once when I was getting my hair cut, I overheard a woman saying her daughter was glad she was having a boy because “she feels like her husband might actually help with a boy.”

Blows my mind that attitude still exists and people still marvel over men pitching in to help care for the kids they helped create. Good grief.

We are Hispanic so there is still a lot of machismo in what fathers do and don't do around the house, but it is changing. These newer generations are learning that both parents need to raise the babies. However, I remember when my first nephew was born 30 years ago, my brother who was the only boy in our family and hung the stars and the moon as far as my mom was concerned, was on it! He helped with his baby's feedings, diaper changes, getting up at night, knew his schedule, just everything. All the women, especially the older women, were astounded by him, which only added to his legendary greatness in our family lore. My mom's friends would all comment on what a wonderful father he was and his M-I-L was so grateful to him for helping her daughter so much. To this day, women lament the fact he didn't marry their daughters.

• Like 14
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

God can't be in favor of dragging your sick kids all over creation, you cretin!

Selfish beyond redemption.  🤬

Yes, it is very Christian of her, isn't it? 

• Fire 2
  • Applause 7
On 2/13/2024 at 6:35 AM, BetyBee said:

Gahdly Jill is ashamed of the looks that the LORD gave her!

I'm sure that in her mind, she is only doing all she can to further emphasize what a supremely wonderful job her creator did when He blessed her with such perfect features. Can't be taking that sort of thing for granted, now, can we? 

• LOL 9

The devil seems to be up in Jill's face often. Maybe she should think about that.

Or maybe they should all eat and sleep well and stop going from germy place to germy place.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Viciously sick? And yet drags them on a grifter tour? Getting everyone in their path sick? Like in Walmart, McDonald’s, gas stations??? Or elderly church members? Or even you know pregnant Nurie? 

Jill is an asshole. 

Reminds me of the beginning of The Stand.  

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Is being VICIOUSLY sick better or worse than being SEVERLY sick?  One wonders.

And if they are sick, the gall of that woman to toss them in a filthy RV where they can breathe in each other's germs, NOT rest, NOT be given good foods and fluids, and be forced to sing for whatever crumbs they can get.

While I agree that this seems like setting the groundwork for not going on the trip, I also wonder how much coercion is going on behind the scenes with Jill making sure her kids look and act properly ill for her social media, so we can all see what a wonderful and caring mother she is for not abandoning them....this time.

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Is being VICIOUSLY sick better or worse than being SEVERLY sick?  One wonders.

And if they are sick, the gall of that woman to toss them in a filthy RV where they can breathe in each other's germs, NOT rest, NOT be given good foods and fluids, and be forced to sing for whatever crumbs they can get.

While I agree that this seems like setting the groundwork for not going on the trip, I also wonder how much coercion is going on behind the scenes with Jill making sure her kids look and act properly ill for her social media, so we can all see what a wonderful and caring mother she is for not abandoning them....this time.

I guess Jill found a new word. Maybe she saw how often we used it about her and thought to change it  up? 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Ellen’s Plexus story:

Spoiler

Recently, I have gotten quite a few new followers and friends on social media and questions about my health journey. So I thought that I would introduce myself and share my story again.🥰

HI, 🙋‍♀️I am a busy homeschooling mom of 6 children ages 21 -5 yrs old. My husband and I have been married for almost 23 years! He is a lineman for the RR and a cowboy at heart stuck in the suburbs. 🥰 

My oldest (21)Hallie is married and lives in Ohio. I miss her so much! My second oldest, Heidi just turned 20 and will be married this yr. Our third daughter, Hope is 17 and will be a senior in the fall. Fourth is our first boy Hayden!! He was born with heart disease and has special needs! He is a true gift and miracle!! Super quick with numbers 😉  Fifth, is Hunter! He is all boy and such a sweetheart! And last but certainly not least is HazelGrace! She flew into this world in 90 minutes and straight to the NICU for 7 days. That's another story for another day, LOL Thankfully, the Lord brought her through it and she is perfectly healthy. 

As any mother knows having babies can certainly take a toll on your health and your body. Of course, when you get addicted to Arby's beef n cheddar sandwiches, it doesn't help lol 😆 😜 
4years ago we had plumbing issues in our house and had to live in a hotel for a couple of months. I remember sitting on the hotel bed talking with my girls feeling fat and uncomfortable. 😥 😔 I have arthritis and siatica so I was always in a lot of pain. 😣 I was always out of breath, exhausted and unhappy with myself. I new something had to give. It was time to do something. I remembered a friend had reached out to me before about a health and wellness company  she worked with, so I thought I would give it a try. I had heard of many people having great success with it transforming their health and it had wonderful reviews.  I needed results.  Right away I changed my diet.🍎🍌🍆🥑🥬🥒 It doesn't make any sense for me to try to get healthy and take wonderful vitamins and supplements, but continue to eat garbage. 🤷‍♀️😉

Here I am 4 years later and...
  I have lost 5️⃣0️⃣ pounds! And kept it off!! 
  And have much more energy and less pain. 

I never could have done it without Plexus!! I know I would have given up by now. I have energy! I have less pain! I am speedwalking and actually running again! My girls see me in new clothes and their jaw drops! I have to say, It feels good. 🙂🤷‍♀️☺   I will say I did not rush myself. I did not torture myself. I took it slow and steady. 🐢 I started exercising laying in bed. I did not deprive myself at holidays or birthday parties. Now, I did eat smaller portions and maybe a smaller piece of cake than I would have before, but I still enjoyed my life. 💗 I crave water! I enjoy eating healthy now.  I cut out sugar and now I don't really care for sugar. It makes me feel yucky afterwards.  My coffee was a lot of sugar and a lot of cream! Now I drink my coffee black! 😋  and that is my story... 
We are just a normal family living in the suburbs praying for land and a farm someday. 

~ Ellen 💕

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 12
15 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

That and It are my favorites. I have read both about 10 times each. 

Great books!

These Assholes for Jesus need to keep their germs to themselves.  Especially after this country has gone through and is still going through a deadly pandemic.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Morons! Viciously sick and out and about exposing everyone to whatever they have? That is selfish. 

Dragging sick kids to whatever mama has planned is a thing for the rod kids. I give you the time David and all of the children were so sick Jill "had the honor and pleasure to help the girls with their grooming" and "even had to do their makeup". Then she dragged them all around "Mayberry" for photo ops.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/mayberry-andy-griffith-home-place-jills-sisters-rodrigues-happenings-oct-nov-2014/

• Sad 15
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Yep!  My fav Stephen King book.

Mine, too.  I think next would be some of his compilations of short stories.

I just re-read the one with Big Driver and A Good Marriage.  

• Like 3
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Mine, too.  I think next would be some of his compilations of short stories.

I just re-read the one with Big Driver and A Good Marriage.  

Just looked those up.  They sound really good!

• Love 1

Be prepared for horror!  I believe Lifetime movies came out for each of them.

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Dragging sick kids to whatever mama has planned is a thing for the rod kids. I give you the time David and all of the children were so sick Jill "had the honor and pleasure to help the girls with their grooming" and "even had to do their makeup". Then she dragged them all around "Mayberry" for photo ops.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/mayberry-andy-griffith-home-place-jills-sisters-rodrigues-happenings-oct-nov-2014/

What a selfish, stupid woman.  Those poor kids.  What a terrible life for them.

• Like 13
  • Hugs 1
On 2/13/2024 at 9:56 AM, BradandJanet said:

Jill is going to show up to Teidi's wedding with a brace on her SEVERELY TORN knee and her arm in a sling to support her SEVERELY TORN shoulder. She'll need to decorate her wheelchair with fresh flowers from the church and reception bouquets. Jill is SHE WHO WILL NOT BE UPSTAGED. 

Note to Heidi: Don't let Jill near you if she's holding tweezers, and don't let her do your hair unless you're OK with a lopsided rat's nest on your head. 

She strikes me more of the MIL type that will either show up in a white dress or in all black like she’s headed to a funeral, black hat and veil included, and going on and on about losing her baby boy to another woman. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3