Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I don’t think he will ever get to Hungary. 

I don't think so either. I think he had a slightly better chance with the Massilon program than he does with the new "college".

I have thought all along the only way he will ever be a "missionary" to Hungary is a 2 week missioncation, like David and Nurie's trip to Africa. (they went to Botswana, but Jill seems to think Africa is one big country, as does Phillip)

• Like 6
  • Sad 9
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Bless Philip for his confidence in his singing talents of original songs. He really is out there sharing his singing talents with others. 

Have you heard the latest that he sang at the revival? Another original composition that's just awful. It can be found on the church website.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I have a hard time imagining any Bates teaching English. Just wait until Trace tries to explain the difference between when and whenever...since he sees no difference!

Ummm google it.

Trace is going to have funnnn in Germany 

• LOL 8
On 8/4/2023 at 4:23 AM, mythoughtis said:

So that’s why Jill said ‘ Nathan and Nurie wanted to see the hospital… rather than ‘see Gideon’.  He wasn’t a patient any longer. That makes it even weirder.  You don’t go wander the hospital just because.   It’s not a tourist attraction. 

Everything is fun when you're a Rod. Jesus makes everything joyous. Even a vacation...to tour a hospital. Maybe it has a waterslide and funnel cakes.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 2
  • LOL 10
57 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He can't even enjoy Oktoberfest. What a bummer.

Well, I doubt Germany has many hate chicken restaurants so he couldn’t even take solace in those. 

55 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Isn’t it interesting that conservatives  believe  illegal immigration is bad and that the rule of law should be followed unless their own family is affected?   Yes, we all know that the Pilgrims settled here escaping religious persecution. However this family’s claim is no more important than any other family seeking asylum.   They don’t get special dispensation because they are connected to the political party of the right.  Trace needs to determine what his beliefs actually are.  

Rules for thee, but not for me. 

55 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Trace needs to determine what his beliefs actually are.

He needs someone to tell him what they should be first. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
On 9/22/2023 at 11:55 PM, beckie said:

Honest inquiry,  if they don't allow home schooling or remote learning,  what did they do during the pandemic? (The Germans, not the Romeikes).

I think if it came down to it, Trace would really balk going to Germany. 

Homeschooling and remote learning and it was a major clusterfuck because teachers weren't prepared for it , the IT for it wasn't there, nobody had any idea how this  was supposed to work in the first place , with poorer families also lacking computers and tablets. My nieces and nephews in elementary school were pretty much only given extended homework plans which they had to do and send in via email , whatsapp or on real paper in a real letter box at their school.

• Useful 8
  • LOL 1
49 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

It seems Dave Rodrigues had to or has to appear in court for his vandalism of the Paw Paw Tunnel. Was posted on reddit.Screenshot(510).thumb.png.bc4e59e304fb428844804c8b66046a4f.png

Good!

What will the next rant be? Or, what rant was about this? 

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
30 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Maybe that’s why she looked so pissed in the fair picture. Thinking her sweetly grunting babe might go to jail and leave her all alone with 76 kids.

This happened months ago. I wonder if they allowed DBD to appear via Zoom, since they don't live in Maryland?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I doubt he will get any jail time. I think $500 is the max fine.

$500 or $50, it's money Jill won't be able to spend on her and Davy's fabulous Plexus cruise in November. I bet she's pissed about that. 

Did David mention the upcoming Caribbean cruise when he was pleading poverty to the court? I suspect he didn't. 

• Like 7

This is federal district court, not just some county court, as the tunnel is part of a national park.  Over on Reddit people thought that Jill posted a video about it back in April, a viewer reported her, and NPS took action.  They mentioned that Jill deleted the video fairly quickly.

• Like 5
  • Useful 9

I tell ya, not that I condone vandalism, but in this day and age with cell phone cameras and the internet its a wonder anyone can get away with committing crimes anymore. And the funny thing is many folks 'tell on' themselves.

Sometimes I wish we could go back to the days of picking our underwear out of our ass cracks without being caught on a doorbell camera and not knowing what everyone eats for dinner.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5

Perhaps David's citation will help to keep the Rods away from other various national monuments, parks, forts, etc.  Because what else are they supposed to do when visiting those places - actually learn something?  That's for heathens. 

I'm still salty that they didn't get fined for climbing the Castillo de San Marcos in St. Augustine (that we know of, anyway).

• Like 18
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Perhaps David's citation will help to keep the Rods away from other various national monuments, parks, forts, etc.  Because what else are they supposed to do when visiting those places - actually learn something?  That's for heathens. 

I'm still salty that they didn't get fined for climbing the Castillo de San Marcos in St. Augustine (that we know of, anyway).

I think it is possible they did get fined for the climbing. I reported it and supplied names and address of those climbing. I got an email from someone in the park service saying they were aware of the incident and it was being looked into. That involved Nathan, Phillip, Samuel and Gabe if I remember correctly.

Jill proclaims to "love history", but has no respect for historical sites or items. Since the tunnel incident she was at a local museum with Phillip and there was Jill filming herself touching the display items. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 12
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Lovely thing about federal court, you can have past crimes -- even if not charged or convicted -- used against you at sentencing.   The fact he has to appear instead of just pay a fine in advance is very telling.   Yeah, he's only looking at the max fine, but there is a good chance he gets a lecture from the judge about not behaving like an ungodly hooligan.    

As for what happened, courts are still backed up, chances are he doesn't have a court date yet.   I don't have Pacer anymore so can't look it up.

• Like 6
  • Useful 8
11 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think it is possible they did get fined for the climbing. I reported it and supplied names and address of those climbing. I got an email from someone in the park service saying they were aware of the incident and it was being looked into. That involved Nathan, Phillip, Samuel and Gabe if I remember correctly.

Jill proclaims to "love history", but has no respect for historical sites or items. Since the tunnel incident she was at a local museum with Phillip and there was Jill filming herself touching the display items. 🤦‍♀️

Well, Jill does love to post pics of her stubby finger, pointing out things anyone can see for themselves and calling attention to her clumpy nail polish. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

Jill reads comments on her posts, for sure. 

Criticized items that have disappeared from further social media posts include Dave's leggings and Jill's white, high heeled Croc-like shoes, the most comfortable shoes she's ever owned. Then, there's all the cowgirl stuff she bought for Nashville. I'm wondering what hides in the back of her walk-in closet. It must be a scary place. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 13
17 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

According to the Redditor who posted the ticket, Jill posted a video of David "scratching the family name and date into the tunnel bridge railing." The video was eventually taken down, and folks on Reddit have speculated that the video may be what got him caught, which would be wonderfully ironic. 

Not too bright David and his Jillzilla !

Edited by oliviabenson
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill reads comments on her posts, for sure. 

Criticized items that have disappeared from further social media posts include Dave's leggings and Jill's white, high heeled Croc-like shoes, the most comfortable shoes she's ever owned. Then, there's all the cowgirl stuff she bought for Nashville. I'm wondering what hides in the back of her walk-in closet. It must be a scary place. 

Sex toys?  Whips and chains?

I'll see myself out...

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 7
On 9/10/2023 at 6:16 AM, Jeeves said:

I agree. Here are screenshots from her public FB post. Random thoughts:

• She posted at 1:32AM today (Sunday) - I believe that's in my time zone, and that means she posted at 3:32AM Eastern time (her zone). Whichever time it was, why wasn't she sleeping?
  • The paucity of random words in ALL CAPS is rare as hens' teeth in Jill's social media posts. I can't believe she wrote it all by herself. Did someone send her suggested wording for this?
  • She has to be SO butt hurt that she's not in control, and she's doing everything she can to play the longsuffering but cooperative mom while being passive agressive as sh*t and dripping huge hints about BIG NEWS to come from the couple
  • Tim has been choosing Heidi's clothes. She used to wear t-shirts and normal looking things for someone her age. Now she's in a super-baggy frumpy dress that certainly meets the criteria for mawh-desty that Timbits has spouted about on YouTube. I feel sorry for her. She's going from a 19 or 20 year old, straight to middle age. He's a creep. A scary creep.

Screenshots:

JillR1.thumb.jpg.68973093ae588c891f3fcca771f66f23.jpg

Jill2.thumb.jpg.e739fd3dbf06a36cc335c5ec61faf0ba.jpg

Screenshot2023-09-10at7_02_01AM.png.446a5715c29d6c2ac8713056c17da956.png

Please. Like Timothy is capable of doing anything exciting.

• LOL 8