Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Dl you think they have some kind of ceremony for this?

Great now I’m picturing a ceremony for eyebrow plucking lol.

All the remaining Rod women gathered in the cemetery garden in a circle (the eyebrows victim is in the center) holding candles chanting:

eyebrows must go ! X3

time to find a hunk of your own 

hoho hoho hoho x3

eyebrows must go

must be married off to get your own home

your hunk will get you all the food you can consume 

Hoho hoho hoho

Mahmo will decorate your new home 

eyebrows must go x3

-Jill with shrieking laughter proceeds to pluck eyebrows into perfect sperm shapes! 

Then all the ladies drink plexus/hummingbird juice/seltzer drink and 1 cracker each to celebrate!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 23
(edited)
4 hours ago, jacourt said:

Dl you think they have some kind of ceremony for this?

I am positive that Jill has a ceremony for this.

It's so obvious when Jill gets at the girls' eyebrows - it changes their appearance to make them look older.  This is probably also the time when Jill allows each girl to accompany her to the Dollar Tree to pick out her new eyeshadow and lipstick whether they want it or not (using their own money saved from recycling soda cans or whatever).  It feels very much like this is their "very special" BME/daughter time when Jill puts them up for sale on the market.

As a girl of the 80's I can attest that plucking your eyebrows can hurt when you do it yourself - let alone having to stare into the crazy eyes of Mahmo as she tweezes those poor innocent hairs one by one, probably singing songs while she does so while the other girls stand around in a circle wearing cloaks and holding candles.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1

It really is sad to see the girls be "transformed" into what Jill thinks is a sellable  ideal soon to be Fundie wife and mother. It makes me sad. It would be one thing if one or two of the girls did this, but they all do once they hit a certain age. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 19
24 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

My gawd, look at her eyes.  She looks like a hostage!

Blink twice if you want to be rescued, Hannah!!!

She is too young to have these brows. 

• Like 16
15 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Do these girls look forward to their "rite of passage" with Mahmo?  Now they are a "big girl" kind of thing.

I'm sure they do.  Jill probably talks it up a lot to the other children and makes the young lady feel very important.  They are so lacking in feeling special that the attention is nice.  

• Sad 15

How old is Hannah?  Too bad Mahmo will be tarting her up further as she enters her teens.  Hannah should be enjoying junior high or middle school without being marketed for marriage and endless babies before she reaches her twenties.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

Hannah was born Sept. 30, 2008.

If Jill must groom her daughters' eyebrows, why doesn't she give the eyebrows an arch? Poor Hannah's look almost as bad as Nurie's. 

Maybe Jill should have taken continuing ed courses to keep her cosmetology license. The woman is stuck in the past, but I'm not sure where. 

Jill needs to go to the dollar store and buy some eyebrow stencils to see what's current. Spermbrows aren't it. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
44 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

How old is Hannah?  Too bad Mahmo will be tarting her up further as she enters her teens.  Hannah should be enjoying junior high or middle school without being marketed for marriage and endless babies before she reaches her twenties.

Isn't she like 13? She should be having fun not getting ready to be sold off. Those eyebrows! 

I see she is 14 and will 15 this year. 

12 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Hannah was born Sept. 30, 2008.

If Jill must groom her daughters' eyebrows, why doesn't she give the eyebrows an arch? Poor Hannah's look almost as bad as Nurie's. 

Maybe Jill should have taken continuing ed courses to keep her cosmetology license. The woman is stuck in the past, but I'm not sure where. 

Jill needs to go to the dollar store and buy some eyebrow stencils to see what's current. Spermbrows aren't it. 

Yes, they have no shape except for sperm. It looks outdated and just plain silly. 

Edited by libgirl2
Birthdate was posted.
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
17 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Do these girls look forward to their "rite of passage" with Mahmo?  Now they are a "big girl" kind of thing.

Next thing you know she will get a lecture about 'dirty pillows'. 

<Carrie reference>

• Mind Blown 3
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 9

I wonder if BME will feel the need to mention how severely injured her own knee was compared to Renee's.  Renee's looked horrible and I'd imagine is thousands of times more painful than BME's ever was.

• Like 9
4 minutes ago, beckie said:

I wonder if BME will feel the need to mention how severely injured her own knee was compared to Renee's.  Renee's looked horrible and I'd imagine is thousands of times more painful than BME's ever was.

Yea, it looked really bad. I couldn't even look at it. 

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Let’s hope Rene is being taken care of and does what the doctors say! Follow up care is important! And she is probably on antibiotics too. Her wound looks BAD.

I hope she allowed them to give her a tetanus shot! 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

Do my eyes deceive me or has Dave dropped a few pounds? Smart of MM to figure out that if he offers to take the pic, he won't be in it with a giant smiley face for "privacy". I guess that relationship is still on despite Jill's SM addiction! Where are they holding the blessed shower event?

• Like 7

Was Nurie's skirt fashioned from old Bermuda shorts?
(and Kaylee) doesn't even get a name anymore...
Did Renee have to stand by her man while the picture was taken? She couldn't be in the shot since MM wasn't?

• LOL 5
6 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

84A729E2-20C4-492C-AE00-7A792774BCF2.jpeg

So it was Timmy and a triple date?

Can Dave spend $20 for a decent shirt and iron it? He always looks so sloppy!

Oh okay. Jill's writing in past tense, so she's latergramming again. I assume Kaylee's shower happened some time when Jill was radio silent. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Where are they holding the blessed shower event?

It’s a room off a grocery store. I’m guessing Buehler’s because of the B on the doors in the video. It’s free to use the room. Unless it’s changed, you can’t bring your own food in, so that’s different for this group.

• Useful 8

I wonder if he will ever let her post pictures of him on line.  He may truly be a very private person who does not believe in posting on the internet.  I wonder how they will handle the wedding pictures.  I hope Kaylee won't let her mother "style" her hair into a lopsided "style".

• Like 5
(edited)
43 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

You can tell Jill is TICKED that she can't put out all the MM's business on SM.   The whole "Renee and her "mystery" man" is totally passive agressive.

There’s nothing passive about Jill.

If MM is sticking to his boundaries then good for him and Renee. Maybe once they get married he will put a stop to treating the Rods to dates and entertainment. It would benefit Renee to move to PA and have her husband put their financial resources towards their future.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 9
10 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I wonder if he will ever let her post pictures of him on line.  He may truly be a very private person who does not believe in posting on the internet.  I wonder how they will handle the wedding pictures.  I hope Kaylee won't let her mother "style" her hair into a lopsided "style".

I've seen his Facebook. He's not *that* private. He just appears to want to control his narrative. It's also worth noting that he's older than Nathan or Jonathan, and he doesn't seem to be scared of Jill. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 12
3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

JIll said his identity would be revealed when they get engaged. He probably didn't want to be known in case it didn't work out. Jill seems to think it's a foregone conclusion there will be an engagement and wedding. 

3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I've seen his Facebook. He's not *that* private. He just appears to want to control his narrative. It's also worth noting that he's older than Nathan or Jonathan, and he doesn't seem to be scared of Jill. 

He has a facebook? I know his siblings do. I've never found his. I've seen his linkedin. 

• Useful 1

Is MM attractive? 

It looks like Kaylee is eating! Bigger face, arms, and tummy than Nurie ever had (does anyone else see her name and think it rhythms with Murray?). 

Those poor little boys already are wearing hairspray. What is there to tame when you cut BABY hair? Their hair and their souls. 

I thought Hannah’s brows were too overpowering for her face, but this! I grew up in the late 70s, and we didn’t even make that much of a mess then. So are the sperm a subliminal message that that stuff will be coming at you sooner rather than later? 

• Like 4

I'm trying to lose some weight. Maybe carrying around a dirty rag to suck on when I'm hungry would help. I'd be embarrassed to leave the house, however. (/s, but I do need to lose several pounds)

David's shirts look like old bowling shirts. Goodwill probably has a good supply of them. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It’s a room off a grocery store. I’m guessing Buehler’s because of the B on the doors in the video. It’s free to use the room. Unless it’s changed, you can’t bring your own food in, so that’s different for this group.

Bring your own food was only before Jill had sons-in-law to pay for stuff. Usually a couple are treated to a baby shower, but Jonathan must have opened his wallet  for this party. 

Edited by BradandJanet
Wrong son-in-law named
  • Sad 7

Nuri shrieks and talks just like Mahmo.  I’m now deaf.

That was such a sad baby shower.

andKaylee fake laughter makes my skin crawl.

Why was Janessa sitting in Jon’s lap? She looked sad/vacant.

Actually there was no joy in anyone at that shower. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
10 hours ago, SMama said:

It would benefit Renee to move to PA and have her husband put their financial resources towards their future.

YES.   Where Mahmo can't drop by and "decorate" or expect Renee to stop by the house every day and do the work she is too lazy to do.   Of course Jill will then add their house to their regular stops for free stuff.   Hopefully, MM can stay strong and let Jill and her horde know they are welcome for SHORT visits but no eating out on HIS dime.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

That was such a sad baby shower.

andKaylee fake laughter makes my skin crawl.

Why was Janessa sitting in Jon’s lap? She looked sad/vacant.

Actually there was no joy in anyone at that shower. 

Did you notice how Olivia was just standing there at one point with a vacant look on her face, but when she looked up and saw Jill was recording, she instantly plastered a big grin on her face?  As Jill continued panning around, the fake smiles spread like wildfire.  Those kids are so ... trained.   There was not an authentic facial expression on a single one of them.  

And what the hell was Kaylee laughing at?  She almost seemed like she was coming unhinged. Weird! 

That looked like a pretty joyless party, I agree.  The food was better than usual for a Jill event, though ... I can only assume it is because she got someone else to pay for it.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 4
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I really hope that Kaylee wasn't faking that over the top laughing. I noticed that she and Jonathan were talking quietly, then she realized that BME was filming them and she let Jonathan know. I wonder if they were embarrassed and wondering if Jill heard whatever it was they were talking about? We know Jill has no recognition of boundaries. She may have overheard something because she went on to make fun of Jonathan's undershirt showing. She's so effing rude! As if she has any room to criticize or mock how anyone is dressed!

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Never been to any type of shower/party with the tables set up like a classroom.

TIJWATA. She has certainly attended plenty of baby showers. That’s all fundies do for entertainment, bridal/baby showers, weddings, and funerals. 

I’m sure BME has even attended baby showers that are well decorated, there’s plenty of food, and do not cost a mint. The problem with Jill is that she’s allergic to class. She is immediately attracted to no class, to the grotesque.

It would be interesting to see how her sisters decorate and cook the same way. Did she learn from Mama Noyes?

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

TIJWATA. She has certainly attended plenty of baby showers. That’s all fundies do for entertainment, bridal/baby showers, weddings, and funerals. 

I’m sure BME has even attended baby showers that are well decorated, there’s plenty of food, and do not cost a mint. The problem with Jill is that she’s allergic to class. She is immediately attracted to no class, to the grotesque.

It would be interesting to see how her sisters decorate and cook the same way. Did she learn from Mama Noyes?

TIJWATA? Google is of no help.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4