Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

How can Carlin go to Arkansas to do a photoshoot for Joy with her medical issues? It irks me that they constantly talk about how these issues are debilitating and that she cannot be left alone, but she can fly to Arkansas whenever she feels like it. 

I think they did the photoshoot when the Forsyths we're in TN last week for the wedding.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I searched Amazon and The Knot and came up empty.

I find it hard to believe BME has turned down an opportunity to grift, and also get that elusive Kitchen Aid stand up mixer.

Edited by SMama
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I feel bad for Renee, with nurie gone and kaylee soon to be. It’ll be lonely for her. I’m sure those kids need all the closeness they can get, considering the parents they have. 

Edited by awaken
  • Sad 13
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, awaken said:

I feel bad for Renee, with nurie gone and kaylee soon to be. It’ll be lonely for her. I’m sure those kids need all the closeness they can get, considering the parents they have. 

She and Tessie will soon be out on the town (w/BME of course) looking for good Godly mates. 🙄

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Sad 13
On 10/5/2022 at 9:35 AM, Turquoise said:

I know several evangelical couples that do the both-names-on-the-SM-account thing. It is silly, but I had one smugly inform me that it's because they don't keep secrets like the average couple. Because those of us who have been divorced, it's totally because we had a FB account in only our name. 🙄

When I first saw a social media account with two names, I assumed the person just had two first names. I had no idea it was a COUPLE account for the longest (and felt unintelligent). The people I know who did this weren’t fundies, but it was clearly a trust issue. I could see Jill not wanting David having his own private anything. 

On 10/5/2022 at 3:30 PM, Girl in a Cardigan said:

These photos crack me up because I’ve realized that she’s only like 2 years older than me but her wedding looks like my uncle’s from 1989. Whyyyy???

These photos do look much more 1987 than 1997- 10yrs is a big gap for fashion and wedding trends. Even their regular clothes are dated. Which is fine, but I did notice. I think Jill really loved the 80s. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 10/4/2022 at 9:00 PM, ginger90 said:

While they were in Vermont, they drove about 1.5 hours to try and find a place they stayed at for their honeymoon. They couldn’t find it. I bet Hannah was relieved. I guess the church family had the rest of the family.

AB461B2E-2837-4629-8477-332F389C2A62.jpeg

THE HORROR! THE HORROR! Dead giveaway that Jill and Deadbeat Dave were in my husband’s hometown. Ewwwwwww. I feel the need to pray many cleansing prayers for my MIL (who still lives there).

On 10/5/2022 at 11:08 AM, oliviabenson said:

Hands in his pockets? He should be holding Jill’s hand I mean they are in love!

41D3DDB0-E66A-466D-9CCC-CB09ACD49B23.jpeg

Even in these early photos, DBD looks like he’s out of it or over it.

and yes, the big hair OVER the veil is rather strange.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
On 10/4/2022 at 7:00 PM, ginger90 said:

While they were in Vermont, they drove about 1.5 hours to try and find a place they stayed at for their honeymoon. They couldn’t find it. I bet Hannah was relieved. I guess the church family had the rest of the family.

AB461B2E-2837-4629-8477-332F389C2A62.jpeg

They couldn't even grift a free stay at the bested hotel ever.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

How long before we get to Janessa's pitch for the book, the CD, or whatever Jill is selling? Jill's into waif territory now. Her need for funds must be desperate. 

Janessa did a CD pitch. I thought I posted it.

9D95E2D7-A82B-4051-9003-54F5CC613340.jpeg

• Sad 6
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

How can Carlin go to Arkansas to do a photoshoot for Joy with her medical issues? It irks me that they constantly talk about how these issues are debilitating and that she cannot be left alone, but she can fly to Arkansas whenever she feels like it. 

It's a miracle issue that is only debilitating when it's convenient for Carlin.

Edited by Nysha
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Nysha said:

It's a miracle issue that is only debilitating when it's convenient for Carlin.

Carlin didn't go to Arkansas. The picture was taken in Tennessee on 9/30, the day before Trace's wedding. The Forsyths stayed with the Stew Crew.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
22 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Kaylee was shown filling out a registry at what appeared to be a local hardware store or some such thing a while back.

"Inspite of the constant pain in our hearts for the suffering my Mom is going through, life marches on. So, Kaylee, Renee and I had fun going and getting Kaylee registered for her Bridal Shower Registry. It was good to think about something cheery."

k reg.jpg

I wonder what Jill wants remodeled at the barndo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/5/2022 at 4:30 PM, Girl in a Cardigan said:

These photos crack me up because I’ve realized that she’s only like 2 years older than me but her wedding looks like my uncle’s from 1989. Whyyyy???

This always gets me too. I graduated in 1997 and this is what the high school photos of my friends’ 6-7 years older siblings looked like, not mine. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“This CD is professional recorded at a studio “

1D58BD7D-B692-45DF-A02A-71FDDE886E27.jpeg

My favorite part is when he says their previous CDs were not professional and were recorded at home, so they’re not so good.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 20

This CD was recorded last year. Jill's pushing everything lately.

It was done in a small studio in a music store. There were decent musical instruments for everyone to use.

The producer, someone connected with the Rods' church, said he records a lot of small acts. He also says that he fixes the sound a bit, but he likes to let the "talent" keep their original sounds and quirks. I took that to mean that the Rodriguii wouldn't be grossly out of tune but Jill would still be screeching over everyone else. 

Jill used the same line about how this album would sound better than the stuff they normally sell. I don't remember much followup, so I don't know if it turned out to be the masterpiece she expected. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
4 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Jill must be going to Florida when Nurthan no. 2 is born. I hope she does more than get in the way. 

I hope she doesn't injure herself again and then need Nurie to take care of her!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Jill must be going to Florida when Nurthan no. 2 is born. I hope she does more than get in the way. 

When is Nurie due? Isn’t Kaylee’s wedding November 5? This could be quite the dilemma for BME. Fundie moms seem to have no issue traveling with a newborn so I imagine Nurthan will be at the wedding.

• Mind Blown 1

I think Jill blabbed Kaylee's wedding date as Nov. 5th in one of the family's performances that were filmed by the church they were grifting from recently.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

When is Nurie due? Isn’t Kaylee’s wedding November 5? This could be quite the dilemma for BME. Fundie moms seem to have no issue traveling with a newborn so I imagine Nurthan will be at the wedding.

I have no doubt that Nurie is expected to show up. 

Nemo is tiny, look at those limbs. Also needs a diaper change. 

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Sad 10

The wedding is only a few weeks away, and I’m sure Nurie will show up at LEAST the week prior to help do the final prep. So that’s probably what Jill is thinking of when she talks about seeing him soon. I don’t see her making a trip to FLA before the big day. Especially if she is simultaneously planning her anniversary gift grab.  I do have to say I’m looking forward to seeing pics of the big day and hearing all the details.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

The wedding is only a few weeks away, and I’m sure Nurie will show up at LEAST the week prior to help do the final prep. So that’s probably what Jill is thinking of when she talks about seeing him soon. I don’t see her making a trip to FLA before the big day. Especially if she is simultaneously planning her anniversary gift grab.  I do have to say I’m looking forward to seeing pics of the big day and hearing all the details.  

I hope it's not as depressing as Nurie's. But who am I kidding? Nurie is Jill's Golden Child. (And Kaylee's) wedding will probably be a miserable affair.

• Sad 13
57 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Nemo is tiny, look at those limbs. Also needs a diaper change. 

Nurie’s role model for proper nutrition is BME which means the girl is clueless as to what Nemo needs. Nurie and Nathan are very thin themselves but most babies have some chunk until they start walking. Nemo has always been frail looking. And yes, that poor kid needs a diaper change. I’m sure Nurie learned to stretch diapers from BME too.

• Sad 16
On 10/6/2022 at 10:02 PM, ginger90 said:

Screenshots from videos:

608CC8E1-667F-4FC9-86F7-36109D533F89.jpeg

Maybe she has celiac disease or something. This poor kid is so sickly looking. I think Mahmo used filters to make kid look better. 

Truly this child needs to be taken away from Mahmo to be evaluated! She looks like she is going to die! #savesophia 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • Love 1
On 10/6/2022 at 7:27 PM, sagittarius sue said:

She looks like a child in a horror film.  Nothng like that dark top to emphasize her unearthly pallor.

Her kids look like orphans in Dickensian style workhouses.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them toting bowls and begging for gruel and alms.

• Like 2
  • Sad 14
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill looks interesting. Hi Jill!

A9D88D2F-7044-494F-BB04-BA07EF3380CB.jpeg

The sweet friend with BME looks like she could be related to the Rods. And what mirror did Jill look into and think that skirt and hoodie was a good idea.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

The sweet friend with BME looks like she could be related to the Rods. And what mirror did Jill look into and think that skirt and hoodie was a good idea? 

Jill didn't tease-up her hair, it's just lying there lank.  What's with pushing the front of the hoodie blouse forward?  Is she pretending she has a baby bump or just wants to get people talking.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Like 2
  • LOL 8

Olivia spoke so fast that I couldn't understand a word she said aside from the title. 

The video of the girls in the nursery was interesting. Janessa didn't seem to know what to do with all those toys.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Sad 10
  • Love 1