Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

So apparently Jill is going to do the Reset again this weekend? Didn't she just do the poisonous weekend a month ago? How often must you reset?

Also in sad but not surprising news, under the grubby hands photos someone left a badly spelled comment asking for tracts to leave as a tip. Jill announced that she "personal messaged" them.

• Mind Blown 10
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Turquoise said:

So apparently Jill is going to do the Reset again this weekend? Didn't she just do the poisonous weekend a month ago? How often must you reset?

Also in sad but not surprising news, under the grubby hands photos someone left a badly spelled comment asking for tracts to leave as a tip. Jill announced that she "personal messaged" them.

Jill and David sell those tracts for $80 a bundle, so I hope the christian who's too cheap to tip servers at restaurants isn't expecting the equally cheap Rods to supply them for free. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

If Jill and Dave die all the kids will go to Nurthan. And Foster family will say no thanks to raising 10 more kids.

Tim, Renee, Kaylee, and Philip are all legal adults and Sammers will join them later this year.  If something happened to BME and DBD, they could stay in the barndo and raise the rest of the clan.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill and David sell those tracts for $80 a bundle, so I hope the christian who's too cheap to tip servers at restaurants isn't expecting the equally cheap Rods to supply them for free. 

I’d think they rather pay $80 for tracts than tip 😞

• Sad 11
Just now, oliviabenson said:

Someone on reddit did the summary of Jill’s book. I’d post it but not sure if it’s allowed. 

It’s as bad as I thought lol.

The person on Reddit cribbed it from a poster on the Rod forum on FJ. That's a members only forum, so that poster broke rules posting on Reddit. It's the same rule we have here about not posting from private sources. 

I can do without the summary. I think we all know the gist of it anyway.

• Like 1

Wait.  Why is there a gender reveal for Philip?  I know what she means, but people not versed in JillSpeak might be confused by that post.  Unless Philip became a father and she failed to mention it.  Nurie doesn't get a mention?

Edited by CalicoKitty
  • Like 1
  • LOL 17
19 hours ago, ozziemom said:

“Baby’s” arms aren’t looking too clean either. Maybe she’s been working at the print shop too.

They’re in the RV.  I’ll bet when those kids are traveling, they don’t get to bath more than once/week if that. 

• Sad 6

I watched Tessie's sad, sad video clip this morning.  I had never heard her voice before and I know it was wishful thinking, but I was hoping for the sarcastic, exasperated tone of an actual 15-year old but of course she sounds just like her mother, with the same weird inflections.  She seemed uncomfortable being filmed by Jill and having to talk about how "her" chapter is all about honoring her parents for the rest of her life....as if these girls had any say in what went into "their" chapters.  I'm sure the entire thing was written by Jill.

As an introvert, I can only imagine how crappy it would be to live a life with a mother who, at any given time, is going to shove her camera phone in your face and expect you to perform for her.  It would cause me constant, low-level anxiety, 24/7.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 21
  • Love 4

I suppose Tessie should follow BME's example of how to honor parents all the days of her life. Show up for photo ops. but do little to nothing constructive. Perhaps show other people taking care of them. Post unflattering and invasive pictures of Jill during a medical crisis. Beg for money for them, then go on a "much-needed" vacation with her husband. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 14
  • Love 7

I watched some of Tessie's hostage interview too and it was chilling. "Her" chapter focuses on honoring your parents all the days of your life, even after marrying and leaving home. It is very important to Jill that her children remember that she is in charge. Forever!

• Sad 27
  • Applause 1
15 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

I suppose Tessie should follow BME's example of how to honor parents all the days of her life. Show up for photo ops. but do little to nothing constructive. Perhaps show other people taking care of them. Post unflattering and invasive pictures of Jill during a medical crisis. Beg for money for them, then go on a "much-needed" vacation with her husband. 

Yeah I pretty much died laughing when I saw that.   the chapter is more like "Honor Jill the rest of your life, everyone else is on their own."   

Jill is going to die someday, as we all are.   When that happens her kids are going to be so lost and confused.   They literally have no idea how to navigate life without Jill telling them what to do every second of the day.   Even Nurie is probably constantly on the phone to Mahmo asking what to do, or Mahmo is texting her what to do.

• Like 2
  • Sad 14
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video, “honoring  your parents, that’s basically what my whole chapter is about, just honoring your parents, all the days of your life.”

29ECA0A4-E226-4C42-BECD-6DC45411BA68.jpeg

That picture makes me sad. She is such a lovely girl and I could so see her studying art design or fashion. Maybe I read to much into her. She looks defeated. 

• Sad 18
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I watched Tessie's sad, sad video clip this morning.  I had never heard her voice before and I know it was wishful thinking, but I was hoping for the sarcastic, exasperated tone of an actual 15-year old but of course she sounds just like her mother, with the same weird inflections.  She seemed uncomfortable being filmed by Jill and having to talk about how "her" chapter is all about honoring her parents for the rest of her life....as if these girls had any say in what went into "their" chapters.  I'm sure the entire thing was written by Jill.

As an introvert, I can only imagine how crappy it would be to live a life with a mother who, at any given time, is going to shove her camera phone in your face and expect you to perform for her.  It would cause me constant, low-level anxiety, 24/7.  

I’ve never seen Tessie look anything but miserable when she’s forced to perform at churches.  I suspect that she’s an introvert who would never get in front of a crowd if she had a say in the matter.  It makes me sick that Jill has been allowed to destroy 13 lives.

• Like 2
  • Sad 17
  • Love 3

This is Jillpm’s retirement planning apparently. She intends to make sure her daughter’s feel if they are sinning and going to hell if they don’t honor her pay for her date nights and nails. No 15 year old comes up with “I need to honor my parents all the days of my life” without that being drilled into her.  She expects total obedience, even after they marry some poor fundie boy. It’s already happened with Nathan. It’s so sad and gross. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 16
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Jill is going to die someday, as we all are.   When that happens her kids are going to be so lost and confused.   They literally have no idea how to navigate life without Jill telling them what to do every second of the day.   Even Nurie is probably constantly on the phone to Mahmo asking what to do, or Mahmo is texting her what to do.

I often think about the Duggars in this very same scenario after JB and Meech pass...I picture several dozen Duggarlings just wandering lost and clueless around the country, bumping into walls and falling off cliffs, like in a Pac Man or Super Mario video game.  But I know the Rodlings will have it worse, as isolated from society as they've been.

I also did a very trepidacious search for the Rod's book at my local library and found no results, thank goodness.  Not sure what I would've done if I had found something...probably place a hold and pick it up in a hoodie and sunglasses.

• Like 2
  • LOL 20
2 hours ago, ChristmasCandy said:

I don't know what is wrong with our county library system but they ordered 12 copies of Jilly Beans new book and there's already a waiting list for it.

Which library?  I want to see this because I am a librarian.  Rarely do libraries buy 12 copies of a random self-published book.  That is a waste of our hard-fought book budgets.  Libraries will add donated self-published books into their collections, but not 12 copies.

• Like 8
  • Useful 4
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Which library?  I want to see this because I am a librarian.  Rarely do libraries buy 12 copies of a random self-published book.  That is a waste of our hard-fought book budgets.  Libraries will add donated self-published books into their collections, but not 12 copies.

I work at a library and I could put in an order for a copy, but I won't. 12 copies is excessive, she isn't James Patterson! I'm not going to waste our taxpayer dollars unless someone requests it. And even then we don't buy self published books unless they are in amazon. 

I would be curious too as to which library system? Maybe I can borrow it thru ILL? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I work at a library and I could put in an order for a copy, but I won't. 12 copies is excessive, she isn't James Patterson! I'm not going to waste our taxpayer dollars unless someone requests it. And even then we don't buy self published books unless they are in amazon. 

I would be curious too as to which library system? Maybe I can borrow it thru ILL? 

My cataloger would murder me if I attempted to order the Rods' book for my library.  I'm not giving Jill anymore clicks on her website, but I highly doubt they took the time and money to assign an ISBN to the book. My business manager would also be none too pleased with me ordering a book from the Rods.  Again, I highly doubt David is capable of producing an invoice that will satisfy our auditors.  

Edited by Ohiopirate02
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

My cataloger would murder** me if I attempted to order the Rods' book for my library.  I'm not giving Jill anymore clicks on her website, but I highly doubt they took the time and money to assign an ISBN to the book. My business manager would also be none too pleased with me ordering a book from the Rods.  Again, I highly doubt David is capable of producing an invoice that will satisfy our auditors.  

Unless her book shows up in amazon, we wouldn't get it. Only a twice I can remember ordering from a website, Kevin Trudeau and his things doctors don't want you to know or some such nonsense and another book on diabetes or something. And I have been at this library for 28 years. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Unless her book shows up in amazon, we wouldn't get it. Only a twice I can remember ordering from a website, Kevin Trudeau and his things doctors don't want you to know or some such nonsense and another book on diabetes or something. And I have been at this library for 28 years. 

My library has ordered books directly from independent presses or authors if (and this is a big if) there was a concrete reason why we needed this book in our collection.  Like 20 patrons requesting the title or something to do with local history.  There is a huge difference between the Rods' book and a cemetery survey of my county.  

• Like 7
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

My library has ordered books directly from independent presses or authors if (and this is a big if) there was a concrete reason why we needed this book in our collection.  Like 20 patrons requesting the title or something to do with local history.  There is a huge difference between the Rods' book and a cemetery survey of my county.  

Yes, those two books that I remember had numerous patron requests. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Is there a link to watch this? I have been hunting around for it and can't find it. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

My question is, how would a library even know JillR's book exists?

Maybe not along normal channels but one of her followers might request their library to buy it. That is if those people actually USE libraries. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

My question is, how would a library even know JillR's book exists?

They wouldn't.  I can barely keep up with all the traditionally published books this week let alone the indies.  Self-published titles like this one, my brain cannot handle.  There are too many books published every week and we literally cannot order them all, so we rely upon trade publications that list and review upcoming books.  If a book doesn't appear in Publishers Weekly or Booklist or Kirkus or Library Journal or on the Baker and Taylor new release calendar, it does not exist to librarians.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

They wouldn't.  I can barely keep up with all the traditionally published books this week let alone the indies.  Self-published titles like this one, my brain cannot handle.  There are too many books published every week and we literally cannot order them all, so we rely upon trade publications that list and review upcoming books.  If a book doesn't appear in Publishers Weekly or Booklist or Kirkus or Library Journal or on the Baker and Taylor new release calendar, it does not exist to librarians.  

we have a form our patrons can fill out if they "can't find" an item. That is usually how we get some of those titles. That is why I think a patron could possibly request is, if not on a form but in person. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

we have a form our patrons can fill out if they "can't find" an item. That is usually how we get some of those titles. That is why I think a patron could possibly request is, if not on a form but in person. 

Patrons can suggest books at my library, but if it's not available in Baker and Taylor and it does not appear in Amazon that request gets placed near the circular file.  At my branch I get $1100 a month to purchase books.  I rarely have the funds after ordering all the books I know my patrons will read (between James Patterson, Stuart Woods, and Danielle Steel this can be difficult).  If I am going to take a chance on an unknown, I wait to make sure there is at least 3 patrons who will check it out (this does include me being able to handsell the title).  

• Like 2
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Patrons can suggest books at my library, but if it's not available in Baker and Taylor and it does not appear in Amazon that request gets placed near the circular file.  At my branch I get $1100 a month to purchase books.  I rarely have the funds after ordering all the books I know my patrons will read (between James Patterson, Stuart Woods, and Danielle Steel this can be difficult).  If I am going to take a chance on an unknown, I wait to make sure there is at least 3 patrons who will check it out (this does include me being able to handsell the title).  

Wow, we buy books that get one circ and then are weeded. Such waste but our patrons will go to the director and complain how they are a taxpayer etc... and then we buy it. so we pretty much buy everything. We bought an DVD for exercising to the Rosary! Our budget is too big. 

So our chances of getting Jill's book are possible. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 15
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

There’s a wedding coming up in the Bates family. I wonder which Duggars or Bates “deployed”.

87C60E7B-BBB5-474E-88AC-534B7946917C.jpeg

I understand what they are saying, but for the benefit of those who are not fluent in DuggarSpeak it would be very helpful if they would proofread before hitting "send".

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, ChristmasCandy said:

I don't know what is wrong with our county library system but they ordered 12 copies of Jilly Beans new book and there's already a waiting list for it.

Could it be that 12 copies of the book were donated and are currently being processed? Our library was always getting self-published donations.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Could it be that 12 copies of the book were donated and are currently being processed? Our library was always getting self-published donations.

Yea, we get those too but maybe one or two copies. I can't see Jill donated 12 copies if she can sell them. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I was listening to the news just half an hour ago and officials were bluntly asking people not to self deploy, it’s just getting in the way. So of course these clowns arrive uninvited. Florida has an Online portal for volunteers to register.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 4
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 6
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

I was listening to the news just half an hour ago and officials were bluntly asking people not to self deploy, it’s just getting in the way. So of course these clowns arrive uninvited. Florida has an Online for volunteers to register.

How frustrating! One of those fools is going to get themselves killed or get someone who is helping them not get killed, killed! 

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Elijah said they were in FT Lauderdale and they were “moved again, away from the hurricane, supposedly.” So the idiots are already diverting resources from those truly in need. They should deploy their useless asses back home. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

Elijah said they were in FT Lauderdale and they were “moved again, away from the hurricane, supposedly.” So the idiots are already diverting resources from those truly in need. They should deploy their useless asses back home. 

If they really want to help, wait until it is over and donate goods and money to actual organizations that help. I had a friend who is a doctor who went to Haiti after the earthquake to donate his services. Now that is a help! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

He mentioned Panthers stadium ,which is in Miami. Fucking idiots, every last of them.

• Like 4
  • Love 7