Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 4/9/2022 at 8:46 PM, Nysha said:

Gotcha, I thought you were talking about the musty downstairs 'apartment'. I agree, the décor looks like something my grandmother had in her tiny retirement apartment.

CPS is not going to care unless little Jonlee develops black mold in his/her lungs and the kids refuse to move.

As for the 'apartment', who is going to complain about the unsafe conditions? It's basically just 2 newlywed kids temporarily living in the basement of old church friends. People have this type of informal set-up all the time.

I looked at Jill's Facebook page where she is bragging about how she decorated this "apartment."  There is no ceiling about the rooms  just open rafters from the upstairs. There appears to be hot and cold spigots coming out of the kitchen walls by the kitchen table and there are electrical cords draped over the sink. This "apartment looks like it was a workshop before Jill got her hands on it. I doubt if it has heat or bathroom facilities.  In my long life I have never ever known anyone even newlywed kids as you say who live like this. Jill should be ashamed of herself for allowing her daughter to move into this. If Jonathan has such a wonderful job lined up why is he bringing his bride into this slum? 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 17
On 4/8/2022 at 7:03 AM, ginger90 said:

Jill creeps into everything. I could have seen these pictures randomly, and I would know who “decorated “. 

5A70B555-20FF-47DE-B0CE-BD2E279A1BDE.jpeg

5E7FA2CA-FFC3-4D16-914F-5C40E3E45EC1.jpeg

11205032-3C05-4863-9362-0E158BB6F332.jpeg

BFE6E39D-B14B-4428-9D81-C736F126640B.jpeg

Throw rugs……

AE75A20C-FB36-4DB6-BB59-FE400903ECBF.jpeg

This looks like the before and after of an episode of Hoarders with a little old lady as the homeowner. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Insert Username said:

Wow, what a snotty and elitest statement, as if the only way to have a fulfilling and well-paying job is to have a degree.  I live surrounded by farmers who are doing very, very well,while people with degrees are working at the local coffee shop. (and FYI, a great many, if not most, of them have at least associates degrees in agricultural science, so farming is not just for uneducated hicks) There is absolutely nothing wrong with working on a farm--at least he is working and will be self sufficient (unlike BME and GWE).

The people who are doing even better are those in the trades--commercial plumbers around here are starting at $50 an hour--and I don't live in the sticks, my county is one of the 10 richest in the country.

tell me about it...lol...my redneck brother is a pipe fitter and makes in the high six figures..just bought 80 acres in the country...all his toys paid for...while the rest of my educated family pinch pennies...

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

tell me about it...lol...my redneck brother is a pipe fitter and makes in the high six figures..just bought 80 acres in the country...all his toys paid for...while the rest of my educated family pinch pennies...

But they can answer random questions when they watch Jeopardy!

• LOL 11
15 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I looked at Jill's Facebook page where she is bragging about how she decorated this "apartment."  There is no ceiling about the rooms  just open rafters from the upstairs. There appears to be hot and cold spigots coming out of the kitchen walls by the kitchen table and there are electrical cords draped over the sink. This "apartment looks like it was a workshop before Jill got her hands on it. I doubt if it has heat or bathroom facilities.  In my long life I have never ever known anyone even newlywed kids as you say who live like this. Jill should be ashamed of herself for allowing her daughter to move into this. If Jonathan has such a wonderful job lined up why is he bringing his bride into this slum? 

Maybe Jill got a shower stall for free, had Hunk set it (unplumbed) over the drain in the concrete floor and run a garden hose into it. Jonathan probably has to use the toilet upstairs (or a bottle at night.) 

The barndo's upstairs attic doesn't have heat or plumbing either, and the closest bathroom is downstairs between the kitchen and the printshop. Perhaps Jill has a collection of Amish chamber pots she isn't showing us. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe Jill got a shower stall for free, had Hunk set it (unplumbed) over the drain in the concrete floor and run a garden hose into it. Jonathan probably has to use the toilet upstairs (or a bottle at night.) 

The barndo's upstairs attic doesn't have heat or plumbing either, and the closest bathroom is downstairs between the kitchen and the printshop. Perhaps Jill has a collection of Amish chamber pots she isn't showing us. 

This is just a horrendous, and spectacularly unsafe setup. I wonder if Jonathan’s parents saw Jill’s pictures of what will be their son’s “apartment?” I wish they would encourage him to stay home in Mississippi for a few more months and save money for a decent rental. Surely he has some savings already, if he proposed? The whole situation is odd. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I think the hose is running from the dehumidifier to the shower drain. 🤷🏼‍♀️

the "before" pic does show the dehumidifier with a garden hose attached so that is likely

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

That’s wonderful for him. My uncle and most of his family are in the tool and die business, and make bank because he lucked into an opportunity and built on it. But higher education isn’t a job training program, it’s so much more. I don’t think success in life is measured by income. But it doesn’t hurt . 🙂

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 10

Even though Kaylee and Jonathan will be married, maybe their cult feels that they are not ready to be independent and in an apartment surrounded by evil people.  Nurie and Nathan were close to his family in a camper when they married and maybe this is the solution to keep the newlyweds under the jurisdiction of the cult.

• Useful 3
4 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Even though Kaylee and Jonathan will be married, maybe their cult feels that they are not ready to be independent and in an apartment surrounded by evil people.  Nurie and Nathan were close to his family in a camper when they married and maybe this is the solution to keep the newlyweds under the jurisdiction of the cult.

But how long can they be expected to live in a basement firetrap with no real shower? I doubt he’ll be making much at the job Jill found him. These days, even people with more then adequate salaries aren’t able to buy their own homes for many years, if at all. And these 2 will likely have a baby by their 1st wedding anniversary.

Is it possible Jonathan is working for the Dingus family? They gave Jill a whole half a cow (or a whole half of a half of one) early on, so they may be involved in farming. Jill doesn't mention them on her social media anymore, so I'm not sure what the relationship is now. Jill should be bragging about Johnny's excellent job if it's all that great. 

54 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

But how long can they be expected to live in a basement firetrap with no real shower? I doubt he’ll be making much at the job Jill found him. These days, even people with more then adequate salaries aren’t able to buy their own homes for many years, if at all. And these 2 will likely have a baby by their 1st wedding anniversary.

I have a bad feeling Kaylee will move in, and they might end up in that basement much longer than they expect. Jill seems to be in charge now, and being under the control of a narcissist doesn't tend to go well. 

Jill was so busy choosing decor for the apartment, she forgot to clean the dirty dehumidifier. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Is it possible Jonathan is working for the Dingus family? They gave Jill a whole half a cow (or a whole half of a half of one) early on, so they may be involved in farming. Jill doesn't mention them on her social media anymore, so I'm not sure what the relationship is now. Jill should be bragging about Johnny's excellent job if it's all that great. 

I have a bad feeling Kaylee will move in, and they might end up in that basement much longer than they expect. Jill seems to be in charge now, and being under the control of a narcissist doesn't tend to go well. 

Jill was so busy choosing decor for the apartment, she forgot to clean the dirty dehumidifier. 

Come on, Jonathan’s parents, stand up and just say no to moldy firetraps! They just want better for him.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, 65mickey said:

In my long life I have never ever known anyone even newlywed kids as you say who live like this. Jill should be ashamed of herself for allowing her daughter to move into this. If Jonathan has such a wonderful job lined up why is he bringing his bride into this slum? 

I guess I just know a lot of poor people who have to make do with what they can afford. This isn't the same as thinking the 'apartment' is safe, sanitary, or adequate for human occupation. 

As for Jill being ashamed of herself, I'm pretty sure BME thinks she went above and beyond her parental duties by 'decorating' the fire trap.

• Love 13

How much do Jonathan’s parents hate him?! That apartment sucks where are his parents.

Or did Jon want Kay and his parents didn’t? Maybe he is on bad terms with his parents because he wants to marry Kay?

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I guess I just know a lot of poor people who have to make do with what they can afford. This isn't the same as thinking the 'apartment' is safe, sanitary, or adequate for human occupation. 

As for Jill being ashamed of herself, I'm pretty sure BME thinks she went above and beyond her parental duties by 'decorating' the fire trap.

No matter how poor someone is, no one should have to live in unsafe conditions like this. I’ve been poor and did without cable tv or a car, turned the heat way down all winter, and ate mostly ramen, popcorn, rice, and eggs. But I always had kitchens, bathrooms, and windows and doors to safely exit in case of emergency. Luckily, there are minimum safety standards that landlords must meet, and most do. I found a list of minimum requirements while I was browsing online. 

For a house to be up to code, it means that the construction meets all the safety standards set out by the city or town where the home is located. Here are some examples of safety standards that most homes must meet: 

Electrical wiring must be installed safely (e.g. there can’t be too many wires in one hole; wires must be protected from nails and screws). 

Bathrooms must be properly ventilated in order to prevent rotting and mold growth. 

Smoke alarms must be operational.

Staircases must have railings. 

Windows and doors should not require a key to exit. 

There cannot be lead paint in a home where children are living.

https://lowincomerelief.com/can-you-rent-a-house-that-is-not-up-to-code/

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 8

I dont know how to bring a picture over here, so.... Jill posted a picture of Chuck Norris in a cowboy hat on instagram and it reads, " I, too, was a man trapped in a woman's body. Then I was born."  And she left a message that says " Yup, let's simplify this mess".

• Love 1

Because I can’t stop myself from continuing to research 🤣, I also found this. 

Tenant rights under Ohio Landlord Tenant Laws require that landlords must supply running water, comply with all housing, building, health and safety laws, keep rental properties safe and sanitary, and make all necessary repairs in a reasonable time period. All electrical, plumbing, appliances, heating and ventilation systems and fixtures must also be kept in good working order.”

https://www.american-apartment-owners-association.org/landlord-tenant-laws/ohio/

7 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

I dont know how to bring a picture over here, so.... Jill posted a picture of Chuck Norris in a cowboy hat on instagram and it reads, " I, too, was a man trapped in a woman's body. Then I was born."  And she left a message that says " Yup, let's simplify this mess".

I hate this homophobic, transphobic, hateful bitch so much! Think I’ll make my monthly donation to Planned Parenthood in Jill’s name. And another for Anna. 

• Love 22

The house Jonathan is going to live in, or does live in, probably doesn’t come under     rentals. I’m going to assume he’s a “guest”.

I’m thinking this is not going to be where they live together.

As far as codes go, they are fine on paper. Getting code enforcement involved and having inspections is another matter. There’s a town near me where anytime a tenant moves, the borough, on paper, is supposed to inspect it before someone else moves in. This doesn’t happen, and recently a house had to be demolished due to neglect. Part of the structure had collapsed due to leaks.

Edited to add one of the stories about the house I mentioned:  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wnep.com/amp/article/news/local/schuylkill-county/orwigsburg-building-collapse-demolition/523-9f29c636-4b8c-41ac-8deb-3f946a48bef0

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jilldo needs to sit down. Her terrible home fooling led to Timbot dropout of 2 colleges due to failing out. 

What is Jilldo so proud about?

It’s “Christians” like her who give them all a bad name. Hateful, judgmental POS.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

She follows the correct god, who she remade in her own image which allows her to do whatever she wants and judge people for doing the same thing.

• Love 12
Just now, Nysha said:

She follows the correct god, who she remade in her own image which allows her to do whatever she wants and judge people for doing the same thing.

So accepting and loving, doncha know?  🤮 I fee enraged right now thinking about her. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Did I miss an inside joke here about Jeopardy?

I think the joke is that unemployed people watch afternoon TV and well-educated people are usually pretty good at Jeopardy, so unemployed, well-educated people can do both.

34 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Come on, Jonathan’s parents, stand up and just say no to moldy firetraps! They just want better for him.

This makes me wonder if Jonathan's parents like him very much or if he doesn't like his parents and is determined to get away from them no matter what.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I think the joke is that unemployed people watch afternoon TV and well-educated people are usually pretty good at Jeopardy, so unemployed, well-educated people can do both.

This makes me wonder if Jonathan's parents like him very much or if he doesn't like his parents and is determined to get away from them no matter what.

Oh. Jeopardy is on at 7:30 pm here, lol. This season has been full of brilliant players! 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Is the "medic" group still "deployed" or they back home?

Nathan has been home for a couple of weeks now. They spent maybe 2 weeks in eastern Europe (and supposedly some of the time in Ukraine). 

• Useful 5
8 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Is the "medic" group still "deployed" or they back home?

It seems like they “deploy” with a lot of fanfare, promote themselves, pose for pictures, pat themselves on the back, and go home a couple days later. Never mind that help is still needed.

1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Nathan has been home for a couple of weeks now. They spent maybe 2 weeks in eastern Europe (and supposedly some of the time in Ukraine). 

Surely they “helped” everyone who needed helping before heading home to do nothing, again, right?

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Why does Jonathon need an "apartment"? Why not just rent a room with a shared kitchen and bathroom? Or stay home until he has enough money? Or live in the Rods RV, and stay in their house when they're on the road?

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Why does Jonathon need an "apartment"? Why not just rent a room with a shared kitchen and bathroom? Or stay home until he has enough money? Or live in the Rods RV, and stay in their house when they're on the road?

Exactly!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

When there’s an option that makes sense, it is not what God wants? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jilldo needs to sit down. Her terrible home fooling led to Timbot dropout of 2 colleges due to failing out. 

Jill is proud of Jill. She's a disaster at raising children to be healthy, independent adults, but as long as the kids depend on her, praise her, and follow orders, she's happy. And when Jill is happy, God is too.  Cough, cough. 

The occupied basement, for better or worse, would have remained under the radar if Jill had not felt the need to plaster photos of her decorating skills across the Internet. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I hate this homophobic, transphobic, hateful bitch so much! Think I’ll make my monthly donation to Planned Parenthood in Jill’s name. And another for Anna. 

And send her a copy of it. Lol Hopefully one day she will get her just desserts. There's a special place in hell for people like her.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

And send her a copy of it. Lol Hopefully one day she will get her just desserts. There's a special place in hell for people like her.

I would if I had her address, believe me. Jill, you’re not the one being persecuted, you judgey wench. The people you’d like to take rights away from are. You’re the one belittling and insulting complete strangers.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 13
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Anyone have an extra, extra burner FB account? Someone should do a, If You're a Jill Rodrigues page and re-post all her shit, and let the comments roll.

There already is the Jill Rawdrigues page (not certain on the spelling and I don't have FB), and I've loved its re-posts here.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

There already is the Jill Rawdrigues page (not certain on the spelling and I don't have FB), and I've loved its re-posts here.

I've seen some of the posts on here. I'm talking more straight up re-posts with no parody.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

She is proud that God is SO GOOD to HER!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill said: Jonathan already got an excellent job here and he has moved in with a sweet, kind and hospitable older couple from our church. He moved here (to Ohio) about 3 weeks ago. Before he moved here, we fixed up his living quarters at our friends' house. 

He's staying with church friends. He's not renting an apartment that is intended to be rentable. He moved to Ohio because he had a job there, since that's where he intends to live with Kaylee after their marriage. He can't live with the Rods because god forbid an unmarried couple live togehter. He may be paying a small amount of room and board to cover extra water/electricity, but I'm sure it's minimal. This older couple might enjoy the company and like having a young man around to help out. He's probably saving most of his money to be able to afford a place when he and Kaylee marry. Yes Jill's decorating is atrocious, but I don't think this is supposed to be a long term arrangement. The wedding is apparently in November, so that's a good amount of time to establish himself in Ohio and save up some $$ from his excellent (unnamed) job to get him and Kaylee started. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

It seems like they “deploy” with a lot of fanfare, promote themselves, pose for pictures, pat themselves on the back, and go home a couple days later. Never mind that help is still needed.

Surely they “helped” everyone who needed helping before heading home to do nothing, again, right?

Clearly the war is done and over with, what's left for them to do over there 🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, all fall down said:

This older couple might enjoy the company and like having a young man around to help out

Or Jill ran roughshod over then and they were too polite to say no.   

As for the "medics," nobody was sending them more money to "help" over there so they came home.   They got their photo opp, they're happy.

• Love 9