Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

People of their ilk are terrible at boycotts. They’ll whine and clutch their pearls but will go right back to watching Disney.

Duggar pal Kristen Nicole Young wrote a scathing screed while admitting her daughter had Frozen jammies. 

• LOL 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill actually shared her spotlight… must have killed her inside. 

76BFB716-2DB3-49BF-86F4-F967EF9BCEDB.jpeg

She didn't share much. I follow her on IG. That screenshot is from one of FOUR consecutive video clips of that song in JillR's IG stories. One of her kids must have been holding her phone and making the video - the shot never moves off of Jill although there's a few seconds where the camera moves to also show the face of the woman playing piano (but quickly moves back to just showing Jill). I played through the videos with the sound muted. It's early in the morning, and I don't need to f*ck up my day with any audio of that hosebeast bleating for Jesus. Okay, I don't need that at any time of day. 🤢

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 18

Chad and Erin bought a tiny tow camper - basically a kitchen on wheels. They have 5 kids and I don't think they'd all fit in it just to get out of the rain. I fail to see the advantages or towing and maintaining this for their growing (physically) family, unless maybe they're going to rent a spot and keep it there. Or maybe they're flipping it.

It has a small dinette/bed at one end next to a tiny bathroom, followed by a tiny kitchen, with full size bed at the other end. The pathway from one end to the other is barely the width of human hips.

• Useful 1
48 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Chad and Erin bought a tiny tow camper - basically a kitchen on wheels. They have 5 kids and I don't think they'd all fit in it just to get out of the rain. I fail to see the advantages or towing and maintaining this for their growing (physically) family, unless maybe they're going to rent a spot and keep it there. Or maybe they're flipping it.

It has a small dinette/bed at one end next to a tiny bathroom, followed by a tiny kitchen, with full size bed at the other end. The pathway from one end to the other is barely the width of human hips.

They could use it as the camp kitchen on camping trips, and pitch tents for sleeping at least some of the family. If they're typical fundie I assume the parents and current infant would get the bed inside the trailer and the kids would be out in the tent with the oldest in charge. If they drive a big SUV or pickup to haul the trailer, they could sleep some kids in that instead of tents.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

They could use it as the camp kitchen on camping trips, and pitch tents for sleeping at least some of the family. If they're typical fundie I assume the parents and current infant would get the bed inside the trailer and the kids would be out in the tent with the oldest in charge. If they drive a big SUV or pickup to haul the trailer, they could sleep some kids in that instead of tents.

I agree. But too me it seems like a lot of work and expense, for little comfort/pay off.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree. But too me it seems like a lot of work and expense, for little comfort/pay off.

It seems like that to me too. Actually, pretty much all RVs and camping trailers seem like a lot of work and expense compared to the payoff, but millions of people buy them so there's that. It does seem strange - to say the least - for them to get such a small trailer when they have five kids.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

It seems like that to me too. Actually, pretty much all RVs and camping trailers seem like a lot of work and expense compared to the payoff, but millions of people buy them so there's that. It does seem strange - to say the least - for them to get such a small trailer when they have five kids.

Right. I think it would be a very smart move if they left it at a rented site. The benefits then would definitely outweigh the troubles. Even with the 5 growing kids.

It would be perfect for me and my husband. Parked at a beautiful lake for the summer. lol But even towing it around to see different sights, I think I'd go a tad bigger or even smaller.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Do the women who attend Jill's annual event have to travel with their husbands? Or do they get a "get out of the house free" fundie pass on that and get to leave the headships at home?

Because if it's the latter, I bet many of them don't care if the decorations are world class tacky and JillR smushes the side of her face up against theirs for selfies every half hour, because they got out of the damn house for a day or two.

Very true. I recall Debbie Reynolds saying her mother went to every revival and church event that came to town. Later, she found out it was because it was the only time she got a real break from housework.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5

Vinnie and Terri Sawyer own that nice house with the pool that the Rods like to invade on their trips to Florida. Wonder if they had to spend a day at the barndo before returning. 

I think women come without husbands to this event. They probably come with friends and share rooms to hold down expenses. It would be an escape from a houseful of kids and a do-nothing husband. 

Jill's book doesn't appear to be on the book sale table. Maybe the Rods' CD recorded in a professional studio is there. Jill made a big deal out of both at first only to never to brag about them again. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Isn’t it interesting that none of these people can have a PRIVATE marriage proposal? 🙄

It is. Especially now that none of those proposals are being filmed for TV show footage. 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Isn’t it interesting that none of these people can have a PRIVATE marriage proposal? 🙄

It seems even in real life private proposals have gone by the wayside. SM has ruin humanity (half kidding).

• Love 5
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill's book doesn't appear to be on the book sale table. Maybe the Rods' CD recorded in a professional studio is there. Jill made a big deal out of both at first only to never to brag about them again. 

Well, just like Jilly's SEVERELY injured knee where she tore many things and maybe needed surgery. Or something. Apparently Jesus cured her because we never heard anything about that again. Also TimBit's CD that he "recorded" and then we never heard anything...

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 3/29/2022 at 9:13 AM, Dehumidifier said:

They named him after these other people with the same name in the United States:    Alabama (24)Alaska (3)Arizona (22)Arkansas (12)California (70)Colorado (24)Connecticut (4)Delaware (3)District of Columbia (3)Florida (73)Georgia (52)Hawaii (1)Idaho (4)Illinois (36)Indiana (18)Iowa (7)Kansas (15)Kentucky (28)Louisiana (35)Maine (3)Maryland (28)Massachusetts (21)Michigan (40)Minnesota (19)Mississippi (22)Missouri (29)Montana (5)Nebraska (6)Nevada (13)New Hampshire (3)New Jersey (22)New Mexico (4)New York (66)North Carolina (51)North Dakota (1)Ohio (36)Oklahoma (19)Oregon (16)Pennsylvania (45)Rhode Island (5)South Carolina (22)Tennessee (33)Texas (119)Utah (16)Vermont (4)Virginia (32)Washington (32)West Virginia (6)Wisconsin (11)Wyoming (4)

https://www.whitepages.com/name/Patrick-Stewart?fs=1&searchedName=PATRICK STEWART&searchedLocation=&page=5

Other people also giving their kids a ridiculous name doesn’t make it any better . 😆

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 3/31/2022 at 1:59 PM, Natalie68 said:

Gross.  Personally I think those kids never want to go back to being poor and will do whatever it takes to not be in that situation ever again.  

image.png

We talk about Jilldo’s look as being stuck in the 80’s.  Which decade are Erin and Alyssa’s hairstyle stuck in?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/2/2022 at 6:29 AM, GeeGolly said:

All of their children have slept in the same room since toddlerhood, so I don’t think sleeping in the same bed in a tiny camper would faze them.  I wonder at what point Chad and Erin will decide that it might be time to add a bedroom or three?  Or maybe the camper is going to be used for the kid’s bedrooms?

Edited by farmgal4
Per usual, I left out a word.
10 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

All of their children have slept in the same room since toddlerhood, so I don’t think sleeping in the same bed in a tiny camper would faze them.  I wonder at what point Chad and Erin will decide that it might be time to add a bedroom or three?  Or maybe the camper is going to be used for the kid’s bedrooms?

I doubt Erin will have the kids sleep in the camper, away from the parents. The truth is they have outgrown that trailer before their first camping trip. The only possible bed I see possible is by converting the dinette set, and there’s no way four kids will fit in that space. Chad could easily build something but I didn’t see any available space. That trailer is a complete waste of time and money. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

I doubt Erin will have the kids sleep in the camper, away from the parents. The truth is they have outgrown that trailer before their first camping trip. The only possible bed I see possible is by converting the dinette set, and there’s no way four kids will fit in that space. Chad could easily build something but I didn’t see any available space. That trailer is a complete waste of time and money. 

I was joking about the camper becoming the children’s bedroom, kind of. ☺️ Nothing that any of these fundies do surprises me anymore.

• Love 2

Some people with small campers have kids sleep in tents outside but I think Erin’s kids are too young for doing that. Maybe they are flipping the camper? RV’s are popular right now and IIRC Chad renovated the RV Nathan and Esther are currently living in. But I would not be surprised by whatever their plan is.

• Love 2
On 4/2/2022 at 11:27 AM, YupItsMe said:

I’m still surprised that many women attended. I figured there would be 25 tops. 

I can’t believe that there were 180 people there either.  I think Jill has exaggerated.  Again.

• Love 7
Just now, farmgal4 said:

I can’t believe that there were 180 people there either.  I think Jill has exaggerated.  Again.

Well she did attend the Joyful Noyes homeschool so her counting skills might be off. I’m surprised there were more than 40 people there! Plus she’s a lying liar.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 4/2/2022 at 11:06 AM, BradandJanet said:

Vinnie and Terri Sawyer own that nice house with the pool that the Rods like to invade on their trips to Florida. Wonder if they had to spend a day at the barndo before returning. 

I think women come without husbands to this event. They probably come with friends and share rooms to hold down expenses. It would be an escape from a houseful of kids and a do-nothing husband. 

You know that BME spent her children’s pandemic $$ on the book and the CD.  All of that money wasted on BME’s pet project.

• Love 5

I can tell by my FB feed that I'm in the minority in regard to still being covid careful, but Carlin Bates just took her days old newborn to hang out in a coffee shop. Why? Why even play the odds? Make coffee at home, or get coffee to go.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Patrick Stewart is a ridiculous name in what way?

If they had actually named him Patrick rather than Zade I don't think anyone would have complained. Using Patrick as the middle name is a throwaway. Yes, I realize it's Evan's middle name, but they could have shaken it up a bit or (heaven forbid) chosen a more palatable first name. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

If they had actually named him Patrick rather than Zade I don't think anyone would have complained. Using Patrick as the middle name is a throwaway. Yes, I realize it's Evan's middle name, but they could have shaken it up a bit or (heaven forbid) chosen a more palatable first name. 

There were two complaints. One was about the name "Zade."  The other "complaint" that people were making was that there is a famous actor named Patrick Stewart...and many many other people as the people finder website illustrates.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't think people were complaining about naming their kid after the actor. In fact, most of the chatter I saw approved of it.

This comment upthread got 13 laughing emojis, as of this minute:

"Did they intentionally name their kid after Sejanus, aka Captain Picard, aka Captain Ahab?"

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I can tell by my FB feed that I'm in the minority in regard to still being covid careful, but Carlin Bates just took her days old newborn to hang out in a coffee shop. Why? Why even play the odds? Make coffee at home, or get coffee to go.

Many of us are still being careful. Numbers still aren’t great,  but now many states simply aren’t reporting them.  And I agree that no one needs to bring a newborn to a coffee shop. RSV and other viruses are also prevalent and dangerous for babies.

1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

Patrick Stewart is a ridiculous name in what way?

Zade? That’s the name I was referring to.

1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

EXACTLY. 

38 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

This comment upthread got 13 laughing emojis, as of this minute:

"Did they intentionally name their kid after Sejanus, aka Captain Picard, aka Captain Ahab?"

I wouldn’t put much stock in emojis. 

• Love 2

I laughed at that because of the Stewarts' likely ignorance of said Captain Picard. They would be essentially clueless about the name. Gil and Kelly are certainly just as ignorant. The Stewarts may be as well. Zade is a 4th generation Patrick. 

• Love 4

How many siblings does Evan have? I remember the brunette sister with poofy hair, the blonde sister who was pregnant at the same time as Carlin, and someone mentioned he has a brother. Also, is Evan a late in life baby surprise? He doesn’t seem close in age to his sisters. I don’t think he looks like either parent, except for his eyes. 

(edited)
9 minutes ago, SMama said:

How many siblings does Evan have?

What I found: He has 5 siblings, 4 sisters, 1 brother. Their birthdates range from 1980-1999. Evan was born in 1995.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, SMama said:

How many siblings does Evan have? I remember the brunette sister with poofy hair, the blonde sister who was pregnant at the same time as Carlin, and someone mentioned he has a brother. Also, is Evan a late in life baby surprise? He doesn’t seem close in age to his sisters. I don’t think he looks like either parent, except for his eyes. 

Apparently his family is (or was?) yet another fundie singing family... I found their website, which doesn't seem to have been updated in awhile... unfortunately they don't list the years with the birthdates, and the order is kind of weird because the two married sisters are listed last (with their husbands), but it looks like the four sisters, then Evan, and then his brother as the youngest?

https://www.hisownministries.com/meet-the-fam

• Useful 2