Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

What is with fundies and their insistence on wearing matching clothing? Is it because there are so many of them that they need to be color coded so they know they are related to each other? It’s not just the ones with 75 children, it happens when there is just two of them (see: Jonathan and NotNurie’s engagement photos). It’s pathological. 

The same reason the Borg all dress alike. It's a collective!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Phillip would last in Hungary about as long as Tim lasted at Moody Bible Institute. The Rod kids, especially the boys, are not equipped to adapt to new situations. The girls are slightly better prepared because they are expected to marry and acquire a new headship and new rules.  

• Love 1
On 2/25/2022 at 1:13 PM, Madtown said:

liken the way they speak, to having no education whatsoever.

I think it has more to do with little or no TV, view non-xtian movies, and a very small social group. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

That pool is too small for that many people to swim at the same time 

True, but the Rods don't swim in the pool. They just stand where they find space, splash, and displace as much water as possible. 

I hope the Rods clean themselves and their clothes before going in the pool, but I suspect the grime of days of living in the stink van ends up floating on the water and stuck in the drain. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Sitting around as a guest in someone's home agrees with Hunk. It's good he can get away once in a while from his 24-7 grind in the home print shop. /s

That even looks like a genuine smile instead of the vacant look he normally sports.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I bet the rodlets went home wet like that. Doubt they showered/changed clothes before bed either. 

I doubt any of the Rods have good hygiene. 

They were never taught good hygiene. Or any hygiene for that matter. Those two parents morons have never given one crap about those kids. They broke them, plain and simple.

52 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

B4D9F4C6-56D9-4D4E-A5E0-A9FE68F687B9.jpeg

B2CAF7B7-0622-40DC-BF9F-4AE1C1F37ECE.jpeg

I find these matchy-matchy photos silly, but if Mr. Jonathan (no, I won't scroll up to remember his name!) came wear a pink shirt to match everyone else, why can't David? Or if he can't find a pink shirt that fits, why not choose green or whatever color he can wear? It's not like AndKaylee got to choose any of this for herself and BME is in charge of the whole photoshoot aesthetic, so why have her "hunk" be the only one who doesn't fit in?

• Love 12

I foolishly watched Jill's latest video/photo dump from the All You Can Eat Extravaganza at the Crab Shack Sponsored by Nathan Keller.  The first video shows Hunk in the process of shoveling food into his piehole, followed by Jill videoing around the table.  She catches Kaylee with food on her face, which she self-consciously wipes away once she realizes that BME's got the camera trained on her.  I feel like those kids must be in a constant state of heightened awareness to make sure they are wearing the appropriate facial expressions at all times, because you never know when Mama's going to do an extreme close-up of you anywhere, anytime.

Good luck, Jonathon.  Get Kaylee out of there.  What do you think about Alaska?  You know Jill loves the warm weather.....

• Love 15

JillRod's videos are frequently so blurry and she pans too quickly.  It always gives me motion sickness watching them. I don't think that is the outcome she has in mind.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Did Nathan pay for Kaylee and Jonathan's engagement luncheon? Why? That would have been a job for the parents. Are the Hill'rents as cheap as the Rod'rents?

Maybe Nathan realized the only way anyone was going to eat was if he offered.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Did Nathan pay for Kaylee and Jonathan's engagement luncheon? Why? That would have been a job for the parents. Are the Hill'rents as cheap as the Rod'rents?

I just assume that whenever Nathan makes an appearance at a restaurant, he's somehow guilted into paying for the Rodlets so they can get their very own meals and not have to share.

Now I'm wondering how many siblings Jonathon has that might make potential matches for some of the random Rodlets, since the Duggars are off the table.

• Love 6

Jill has Nathan trained, so he might have sponsored this outing.

Nathan probably took a pay cut to be pastor of the little Baptist church. He's now pretty much on the same path as the Rods, except he has only one kid to feed. He may be sponsoring restaurant trips for the Rods for a while, but that well will run dry. 

The Hills could be potential matches for more Rod marriages. Of their thirteen kids, one is engaged (to Kaylee), two are married, and one is divorced. There are nine left in the pool. 

For Jill's purposes, it's best to suck different families into the in-law grift rather than tap a single family too often. However, Jill's not one to pass up an opportunity. 

Here's a list of unmarrieds: https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Unmarried_Fundies. Jill probably has this list tacked to the wall above the bathroom fecal chair. 

• LOL 13
21 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

True, but the Rods don't swim in the pool. They just stand where they find space, splash, and displace as much water as possible. 

I hope the Rods clean themselves and their clothes before going in the pool, but I suspect the grime of days of living in the stink van ends up floating on the water and stuck in the drain. 

First time posting here. Hello everyone!

🤢🤮 I feel bad for whoever has to clean the pool after they use it!

• Love 22
On 2/26/2022 at 12:22 PM, crazy8s said:

If we go with Nurthan and Kaythan, then Renee will have to marry a guy named Ethan...😂

On 2/26/2022 at 12:51 PM, iwantcookies said:

Raythan 🤣

Those are bad, but Renesme is the worst name-mashup that has ever and will ever exist.

• LOL 10

Jill, Kaylee, and Jonathan dressed up a bit for the engagement photo. Mrs. Hill is casual but neat. Mr. Hill got the pink shirt right but is wearing baggy jeans and sneakers. David is also wearing baggy jeans and sneakers and ignored the directive about the shirt. This makes me excited to see how successfully Jill will be able to control every detail of the wedding. 

It's too bad we don't get to salivate over Hunk in a pink polo shirt and his famous tie-dye leggings. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 2/28/2022 at 3:47 PM, Westiepeach said:

They were never taught good hygiene. Or any hygiene for that matter. Those two parents morons have never given one crap about those kids. They broke them, plain and simple.

Sad but true. 😢

7 hours ago, smallfry said:

First time posting here. Hello everyone!

🤢🤮 I feel bad for whoever has to clean the pool after they use it!

Welcome! ❤️

• Love 8
22 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

J certainly looks smitten with Kiki. 

3D6E766B-F2B5-4E1F-82D6-BC7ADAC5D3AC.jpeg

This comment is gold! 

Haha haha haha

Never forget: her phony injury 

🙄

7AA2431B-DA54-4999-8327-506261EC2BA3.jpeg

In these photos Jonathan looks like he could just eat Kaylee up, I just hope it’s in a good way and not in a cruel, devouring kind of way. 

• Love 10
(edited)
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

91FB192D-FF1B-4C47-9D74-F457EDEE955B.jpeg

These people are so odd. “We dressed alike to remind Kaylee and ourselves that we all MUST believe and behave exactly alike, and no straying from the wretched path that Chunky and Bride of Chunky have laid out will be tolerated. Even when you supposedly have a new headship.”

Edited by LilJen
  • LOL 7
  • Love 13

They all must be so lonely within a crowd, because they seem so desperate to belong to something, but their choices are so limited. Therefore if they dress alike, they belong, they are a group, a group that matters. 

They remind me of high schoolers. God forbid they were required to wear uniforms, yet most dress completely alike anyway.

• Love 15
36 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This reminds me of those semi-creepy late-night commercials advertising singing groups you never wanted to know about: "Act now for this special TV offer - Jill Rod and the Singing Pinkies, back by popular demand!  Jill and her four lovely daughters will bring you hours and hours of enjoyment with their beautiful, soul-stirring harmonies!  Sit back and revel in songs such as "Send in the Clowns,"  "Your Grift is On My List" and "Burning Down the House!"  Send $27.99 plus $19.95 shipping and handling to P.O. Box 123, Podunkville Ohio, and we will ship your album to you in 6 - 12 weeks!"

I'm sure BME would love, to write liner notes, and GWE could print them as a SMALL part of their MINISTRY! Act NOW, Plexus pamphlets are available to the first 50 orders!!

**I don't feel like I added enough commas to this, but I tried**

• LOL 15

JRod has posted a video where they’re walking on the boat dock after their meal.  Pay close attention to Nurie, Tessie and Renee talking.  Their high-pitched voices make me cringe!  Why do they talk that way????

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

91FB192D-FF1B-4C47-9D74-F457EDEE955B.jpeg

It looks like they are in high school for spirit week dressing up on twin day. Sadly something they will never know. It is so weird seeing grown adults dressing like this and thinking it is fun and cute, not to mention Jill thinking she is "one of the girls".

• Love 14