Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, boes said:

This is not a hill I want to die on, but didn't El Fideo aka Da Noodle threaten Brady and/or Tate if Theresa breathed a word? 

Or am I just remembering that because I like Jen Lilley so much that I really don't care?  Either way........hmmmm.......

https://daysofourlives.fandom.com/wiki/Mateo#2018 According to this link, it doesn't mention El Fideo threatening Brady or Tate. However, I realize they don't always list everything. The link does mention Theresa warning El Fideo that John and Paul are on their way to save Chloe.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I mean they also didn't tell anyone Chloe was still there, and Theresa actively attempted to thwart Chloe's rescue attempt when Lucas got suspicious.

They may not have been able to save her via escaping with them, but once they were in Salem, they easily could have informed Eve, Lucas, Maggie, Brady, etc. that Chloe was in Mexico presumably to be raped and murdered by Fideo.

Xander didn't care. Theresa actively kept the secret to keep Chloe away from Brady.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, boes said:

This is not a hill I want to die on, but didn't El Fideo aka Da Noodle threaten Brady and/or Tate if Theresa breathed a word? 

Or am I just remembering that because I like Jen Lilley so much that I really don't care?  Either way........hmmmm.......

Yup, that was how he got her to leave Salem and remain cooperative.

• Like 2

So who do you think she's referring to here?

Soap Opera Network on X: "NEWS | Camila Banus calls out former "Days of our Lives" colleagues over allegedly retaining friendships “with snakes" and perpetuating "their behavior." #CamilaBanus #DAYS #DaysofourLives #DOOL #GabiHernandez https://t.co/WdfFhx9ydm" / X (twitter.com)

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
10 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

So who do you think she's referring to here?

Soap Opera Network on X: "NEWS | Camila Banus calls out former "Days of our Lives" colleagues over allegedly retaining friendships “with snakes" and perpetuating "their behavior." #CamilaBanus #DAYS #DaysofourLives #DOOL #GabiHernandez https://t.co/WdfFhx9ydm" / X (twitter.com)

I bet AZ knows exactly what she is referring to. I would guess DH is one of them. DH had a Locher Room interview not too long ago and praised the show as a happy family behind the scenes. How can she say that when a producer is finally fired and a longtime actress files a lawsuit. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, rcc said:

I bet AZ knows exactly what she is referring to. I would guess DH is one of them. DH had a Locher Room interview not too long ago and praised the show as a happy family behind the scenes. How can she say that when a producer is finally fired and a longtime actress files a lawsuit. 

I actually didn't think of her but now that you mention it this makes a ton of sense. Although Marlena/Gabi don't really interact much(which is funny considering Gabi is the mother of her great granddaughter) so she wasn't the first person I thought of. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I actually didn't think of her but now that you mention it this makes a ton of sense. Although Marlena/Gabi don't really interact much(which is funny considering Gabi is the mother of her great granddaughter) so she wasn't the first person I thought of. 

That interview showed me that DH is a piece of work. She even made Locher uncomfortable a couple of times. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, rcc said:

That interview showed me that DH is a piece of work. She even made Locher uncomfortable a couple of times. 

I haven't seen it but interesting.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Uncomfortable how? I didnt see the vid.

DH plays the show's most famous character (arguably) and got her star on the walk of fame through her continued involvement with and support of the show. I wouldn't ever expect her to speak out unless the situation was so dire that she needed to save face. DH saying something is wrong would mean the end of the show, publicity-wise.

...at the same time, we know she'll throw her support behind someone obviously mediocre (RSW) to the point it distorts the realism of the series, so...maybe CB is referring to her? I don't know.

Plus, staying friendly with difficult coworkers to avoid their wrath or being targeted by them - isn't that common practice in most workplaces? Not saying it's right, but it's not unheard of.

And really, Ms. No Mask In Front of John Aniston is going to complain about problematic coworkers?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

And really, Ms. No Mask In Front of John Aniston is going to complain about problematic coworkers?

Knowing how she was behaving at the height of the pandemic makes it harder for my first reaction to be sympathetic towards her.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

DH plays the show's most famous character (arguably) and got her star on the walk of fame through her continued involvement with and support of the show. I wouldn't ever expect her to speak out unless the situation was so dire that she needed to save face. DH saying something is wrong would mean the end of the show, publicity-wise.

...at the same time, we know she'll throw her support behind someone obviously mediocre (RSW) to the point it distorts the realism of the series, so...maybe CB is referring to her? I don't know.

Plus, staying friendly with difficult coworkers to avoid their wrath or being targeted by them - isn't that common practice in most workplaces? Not saying it's right, but it's not unheard of.

LOL so Deidre Hall's solely preoccupied with pampering RSW but have absolutely no time for anything else, right? Then maybe they should pair BenAlex and Marlena up so John can be finally free.

I don’t think this is as simple as staying friendly with difficult coworkers. Even Lisa Rinna who came back to film Beyond Salem was shocked and disgusted by the hostile work environment so much that she felt the obligation as a decent human being to address the pressing situation to Alarr and Sony HR. Unfortunately, they did nothing until it exploded in their face. Karma is a bitch, isn’t it?

LOL the show is already on the verge of collapse, publicity-wise or not. Now everyone knows Days set is a toxic work environment where the long-term unionized employees are treated rather harshly and its management didn’t really give a damn. I doubt burying your head in the sand and singing Kumbaya is an effective PR tactic in 2020s  

Edited by Sunrain
  • Like 8
On 5/13/2024 at 4:05 PM, 4evaQuez said:

I mean they also didn't tell anyone Chloe was still there, and Theresa actively attempted to thwart Chloe's rescue attempt when Lucas got suspicious.

They may not have been able to save her via escaping with them, but once they were in Salem, they easily could have informed Eve, Lucas, Maggie, Brady, etc. that Chloe was in Mexico presumably to be raped and murdered by Fideo.

She actually did that? Wow, Theresa really is the scum of the earth, is she? Especially since Chloe could've easily died too. Yeah Xander really should've just left her to die in Mexico. Would've served her right too. And people actually think she's redeemable at this point? Yeah no... I'm really starting to think that it would've been better if she had died back in 2018 and Tate would've grown up without his mom. At least he would've been raised by Brady and his family and he never would have to know what an awful person his mom really was, at least until now. After this latest storyline ends, I hope to never see Theresa on screen ever again and I hope the entire town hates her forever for everything she's done. I'm done... I'm done. 

• LOL 1

Brady abandoned Tate.

He could have helped raise him in LA. He didn't. There was no reason not to.

Also: the show constantly makes all women out to be shrewish, obsessive nutcases. It happened to Jordan, Claire, Eve, Kristen, Nicole, Gabi, Theresa and now Sloan.

Team Theresa.

This Kon storyline (and the Jude storyline too) makes no sense.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
On 5/16/2024 at 6:18 PM, rcc said:

On 5/16/2024 at 7:17 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I haven't seen it but interesting.

On 5/16/2024 at 10:53 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Now I know I why I don't come around here much.

• LOL 1
52 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Even though I didn’t care for them onscreen these were nice pics

I wish them all the best especially if he never, ever ever shows up in Salem ever again.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, boes said:

I wish them all the best especially if he never, ever ever shows up in Salem ever again.

I don't think it's likely given his association with Ariane and the fact that he's not Ron's type.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I don't think it's likely given his association with Ariane and the fact that he's not Ron's type.

Yeah after Ron took over I noticed how the Daniel worship disappeared entirely 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah after Ron took over I noticed how the Daniel worship disappeared entirely 

I always thought the Daniel worship was mostly because of Ken Corday. I'm assuming that Ron was less willing to play ball or Shawn Christian did something to piss off Ken Corday.

I know Disney Boy likes to complain about Ben Weston, but I don't think even he ate the show like Daniel. I had never seen anyone take over Days of Our Lives the way Daniel about a decade ago.  I'm used to seeing that on General Hospital with the unholy trinity, but there wasn't anything comparable to that for this show. It's usually much better about being an ensemble show.

• Like 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I know Disney Boy likes to complain about Ben Weston,

"Likes" is a strong word. I feel obligated.

I guess I just don't respond well to being told one thing while observing the opposite.

Especially in this case, since the show twisted itself inside out (and then some!) for one actor and character.

It, and we, deserve better.

(And I'm pretty sure at this point that the ongoing RSW/Ben worship is officially worse than Daniel worship was.)

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
On 5/23/2024 at 8:45 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I always thought the Daniel worship was mostly because of Ken Corday. I'm assuming that Ron was less willing to play ball or Shawn Christian did something to piss off Ken Corday.

I know Disney Boy likes to complain about Ben Weston, but I don't think even he ate the show like Daniel. I had never seen anyone take over Days of Our Lives the way Daniel about a decade ago.  I'm used to seeing that on General Hospital with the unholy trinity, but there wasn't anything comparable to that for this show. It's usually much better about being an ensemble show.

I remember hearing Ari wasn’t thrilled about it and for obvious reasons. However given the lawsuit I wondered if it had anything to do with Albert Alarr maybe he provided a level of comfort to her on the set because he wouldn’t do anything in front of her man. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 5/18/2024 at 4:52 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Brady abandoned Tate.

He could have helped raise him in LA. He didn't. There was no reason not to.

Also: the show constantly makes all women out to be shrewish, obsessive nutcases. It happened to Jordan, Claire, Eve, Kristen, Nicole, Gabi, Theresa and now Sloan.

Team Theresa.

This Kon storyline (and the Jude storyline too) makes no sense.

Yeah, pretty much all of the women on this show suck. That's why I really can't with this show anymore. There's barely anyone in that age group to root for. 

• Like 3

"I tried to do the same thing here, which was just blow things up, jettison anything that I did not like, and get back to a show that I understand and can enjoy and tell."

Get back to a show that you can understand?

Dude, half the time we don't understand the show you've turned DOOL into.

I really don't like his attitude. Sherri, a legendary headwriter, kept his dumb storylines in a holding pattern for months and yet he's over here distancing himself from it all like he can't believe how much they messed things up. Where's the respect?

Sherri could have and arguably should have blown up whatever wasn't working. She didn't. Be grateful for that.

(Though fine, you are right about there needing to be a Sloan/Nicole showdown.)

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really don't like his attitude. Sherri, a legendary headwriter, kept his dumb storylines in a holding pattern for months and yet he's over here distancing himself from it all like he can't believe how much they messed things up. Where's the respect?

She's a scab. I don't expect Ron to respect that tbh.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Isn't she retired? And isn't DOOL hanging on by a thread?

Honestly, I agree it was important to strike and I stand by those that did...but in the case of a soap, what was the alternative to not using "scab" writers? They *might* have had enough episodes in the can to last them the strike, but I'm not really sure how far ahead they were when it all started.

• Like 3
On 5/29/2024 at 10:57 AM, DisneyBoy said:

And isn't DOOL hanging on by a thread?

True, nothing is ever forever, but DOOL regularly shows up in the Top 5 series on Peacock.  It's renewed until at least September 2025.  I'm not sure that defines it as "hanging on by a thread".

The future will depend on what happens to Peacock.  NBC is always going to need a streaming service to show its sporting events, its Olympics coverage, and replay its primetime schedule.  They need content to fill in the gaps.  DOOL was likely moved to Peacock to help provide content.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

True, nothing is ever forever, but DOOL regularly shows up in the Top 5 series on Peacock.  It's renewed until at least September 2025.  I'm not sure that defines it as "hanging on by a thread".

The future will depend on what happens to Peacock.  NBC is always going to need a streaming service to show its sporting events, its Olympics coverage, and replay its primetime schedule.  They need content to fill in the gaps.  DOOL was likely moved to Peacock to help provide content.

I think the issue is that Days is dealing with a major lawsuit from one of its now former actresses. Ken owns the show he could just say it's over just to avoid having to make a pay out etc.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think the issue is that Days is dealing with a major lawsuit from one of its now former actresses. Ken owns the show he could just say it's over just to avoid having to make a pay out etc.

That's not how lawsuits work.  He can't just stop it by stopping production on the show.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

That's not how lawsuits work.  He can't just stop it by stopping production on the show.

Yeah, I don't really see how that would happen just because there's a lawsuit and he wants to avoid a payout. In all likelihood, he'd be more like to want to keep the show going just to be able to actually pay the payout, assuming Peacock renews the show after September 2025. (At this point, they should be filming December 2024 episodes.)

• Like 5

RSW seems very I'm Better Than You in that interview. Bo and Hope? You wish. And no, Cin weren't that.

Love Paul and Suzanne bouncing off each other.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

RSW seems very I'm Better Than You in that interview. Bo and Hope? You wish. And no, Cin weren't that.

Love Paul and Suzanne bouncing off each other.

I love how Paul matched his bowtie to Suzanne's dress, like he was her prom date 

• Like 9
  • Love 3

I got a whole different impression of RSW. Almost is if he was shying away from the microphone. He might play a conceited guy on Days, but none of us know what he's like for real.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I got a whole different impression of RSW. Almost is if he was shying away from the microphone. He might play a conceited guy on Days, but none of us know what he's like for real.

He's a complete narcissist on insta. The guy is not shy

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2

Ouf. There’s a snippet of an interview where Ari Z, who initiate a wrongful dismissal suit against her employer, involving sexual harassment claims, dugs deep on liking a powerful sexual abuser and rapist because things he did as a President were really great and her pocket book was in better shape. I’m finding it profoundly depressing.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Applause 2

Not sure why people here are surprised. I don't entirely buy it at face value when a celeb claims to be for the politics that benefit the little guy when in reality it doesn't benefit them personally it's just something that makes them relatable. In private they probably support the President that helps their pocketbook.

Remember these people are actors at the end of the day.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Even after she was publicly humiliated by him stemming from that Access Hollywood tape....

Wow...

Just wow....😑

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 8