Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

That's glee, Rachel surrounded by a bunch of white guys.

"White guy" = the new slur of the early 21st century. How progressive. How dare they be white and male.

As much as I am tired of Klaine I think I am more tired of  Kurt's stories  being connected to him being gay.  That is just one aspect of him.

It's been the main aspect of him since mid-season 1 (and the only aspect of him in season 2-3).

Personally I don't care at all about race or gender or sexuality or whatever Tumblr SJW stuff is in vogue, I just want a good story. Glee hasn't provided that in, oh, about 5 seasons. But sure, dismissing capable actors as "white guys" is cool. Whatever floats your boat.

Yeah not to get into this discussion because it's always a very touchy one but I'd just also like to point out one small caveat, that Darren Criss is not white. He's bi-racial. 

He may be, but his character is not, at least explicitly. The only suggestion about Blaine being mixed ethnicity was in BIOTA as Rachel's drunken offhand remark, never to be clarified. Meanwhile the rest of the POC characters had that characteristic used extensively in plot and dialog, often for jokes. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

Considering how much Glee milks it's inclusiveness and progressive status( fuck, they basically masturbated congratulating themselves in the 3 D Glee movie ) I think it's fair game to discuss the irony that they pretty much sidelined all ethnic characters that were previously Regulars on the show and are now recurring/guest.

Glee decided for whatever reasons to deliberately remove all these people of color while still in media touting themselves for their diversity. The fact that all the Regulars left are White and the Black, Asian and Hispanic characters are gone isn't IMO just bowing to "tokenism" to point that out. Mike and Tina were Asian, Santana Mexican, Mercedes Black. There ethnicity was used countless times in dialogue and SL's.

As to Darren, his character isn't portrayed as a minority or ethnic on Glee, but as white, quite simply because visibly Darren"passes" as white. Matt Bomer was his "brother'. Halle Berry is also white but on screen she portrays Black for obvious reasons. It's how Hollywood works.

Just like the straight Darren portrays the "gay" character Blaine and has been lauded for this umpteen times by the press for his "groundbreaking" role.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

Think it was Vanessa L. who openly mocked Ryan on twitter for his statements that the cast could choose to comeback.

Not sure who Vanessa L is but  I highly doubt they got to choose to leave or when/if they cameback.  If Ryan wanted to write for them he wouldn't have left  them go. 

Considering how much Glee milks it's inclusiveness and progressive status( fuck, they basically masturbated congratulating themselves in the 3 D Glee movie ) I think it's fair game to discuss the irony that they pretty much sidelined all ethnic characters that were previously Regulars on the show and are now recurring/guest.

Glee decided for whatever reasons to deliberately remove all these people of color while still in media touting themselves for their diversity. The fact that all the Regulars left are White and the Black, Asian and Hispanic characters are gone isn't IMO just bowing to "tokenism" to point that out. Mike and Tina were Asian, Santana Mexican, Mercedes Black. There ethnicity was used countless times in dialogue and SL's.

That's why it annoys me so much more on Glee than on other shows. They patted themselves on the back for having a diverse cast, they made a point of it onscreen too.

• Love 4

Personally I think if budget is an issue to being more inclusive then they should think about cutting Sam and adding in Mercedes.  For a few reasons.  They need the diversity in female voices.  She is a more interesting character.  The Mercedes/Rachel scenes in the back 7 were far more interesting than most of the show's bromances of the last several years.  

Also I don't think it is slurring white guys in general or the actors who play them to point out that the people attending that dinner are Rachel and 4 white guys.  More like it is pointing out RM's shortsightedness and obvious biases when he and his team decided who was going to be in every episode, or at the very least the first episodes of the new season, and who wasn't.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

I don't want to see the term "social justice warrior"/"SJW" directed at anyone here. That is a nasty way of attacking someone's intent and dismissing their opinion. You are all of course free to agree or disagree about anything Glee-related, including whether or not the whiteness of the main cast is problematic, but you must do so respectfully.

Think it was Vanessa L. who openly mocked Ryan on twitter for his statements that the cast could choose to comeback.

I always figured he meant the regulars of old not auxiliary/bit players.   But then again I figured it was just nice PR move to say that.

As far as the spoilers for Homecoming go, I would certainly hope that Kurt will not waste too much time fighting with Rachel because it’s not as if staying in Lima leading their old glee club is all he has to look forward to. If Rachel digs in her heels, I would love to see him shrug and say, “Fine. I’m probably better off in New York actually taking classes. And there are a few auditions that look interesting. So have fun.”

In a way I can understand why Rachel would want to be the sole director rather than sharing the position. Her ego has taken a major pounding here. She has gone from being the star in everything she was involved in to now being unemployable in the field she’d been focused on all her life. Yes, it’s due completely to her own behavior and decisions, but that’s still got to be difficult for her to deal with. Accepting Kurt as her co-director would mean a giving up some of what little bit she’s now able to scrape together for herself and she has never been one to share her toys nicely with others. I hope that Kurt shows a bit of understanding (even if Rachel doesn't particularly deserve it) that for her, this is all she’s got while Kurt has all the opportunities that she threw away. He doesn’t need this position. She does.

At the same time, Rachel need to recognize that outside of being willing to pay for the opportunity, she doesn't have a great set of skills as a show choir director. Sure, if she can keep her own ego in check enough to actually focus on the kids, she can teach them how to handle leads and solos and vocal technique. But she was absolutely pants at being a team player most of the time and the choir needs to gel as a group. This is something that she needs Kurt for. Kurt can certainly teach the kids that even if they aren’t getting solos that their roles are just as important as the soloist and needs to be respected.

I'd very much like for them to keep the hummelberry drama to a minimum, but at the same time I don't want Kurt to be a doormat for Rachel, or have to always be the one to set her straight. Please, let her start learning a few things and growing up. It's been five seasons now and she's still such a self-entitled little snit.

Edited by Hana Chan

I'm laughing because after starring in "Funny Girl' on Broadway I could see certainly see Rachel assuming she should be the director at ND.  Even if she crashed and burned starring in a Broadway show and a TV series is nothing to sneeze at, so of Rachel's antics this one has plausible motivation per her characterization and the background history.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

Getting cast in parts just means that Rachel had talent and some training. But quitting Funny Girl and then having the tv show being so amazingly toxic that it not only gets canceled, but renders Rachel completely unemployable in Hollywood, I would think, would negate any positives those achievements give Rachel. She became a flash in the pan. I think about how Rachel regarded Cassandra after learning that Cassandra blew her Broadway career and the way she used it as an excuse to ignore whatever she didn't want to hear. Rachel was pretty dismissive or anyone she considered a "has been", not believing that she had anything to learn from them (and even erroneously called Ms. Tibideaux a has been). It might be a major shock to her that the kids see her as much of a joke as she saw Cassandra, and for the exact same reasons.

I think that she and Kurt could be very effective co-directors because they bring vastly different skills to the party. Rachel's years of training would be needed to bring the singers up to speed on technique, while Kurt would be better at actually get them working as a group and put a stop to fighting over who gets the solos all the time.  And he also brings his own credibility as a current NYADA student. Kurt is a good organizer and has shown in the past that he can get stuff done while Rachel was running around with her hair on fire. And Kurt will be able to keep the focus on the kids and not on their own issues. He can be the stabilizing influence that Rachel kind of needs right now.

Edited by Hana Chan

And Kurt will be able to keep the focus on the kids and not on their own issues. He can be the stabilizing influence that Rachel kind of needs right now.

Isn't he a little busy bawling his eyes out over Blaine to be the stabilizing influence on anything? I wouldn't trust somebody who is so obsessed with getting his ex back that he bailed out on college mid-semester to hang around a high school show choir for credit to run much of anything. That's some terrible decision making right there and a piss poor example to the students.

No matter how you dissect whatever has already been released as Glee spoilers will you get any rationale for any of their upcoming actions IMO. So Rachel blows both opportunities on stage and on screen and has to return to Lima to regroup. I would think that a better way to utilize her time would be looking for other productions be they small town or not to get her name back out there and show that she still has the potential to offer up some acting/singing and isn't accepting her self inflicted defeat so easily. For Kurt it seems he has realized that he and Blaine are not a good match but Blaine is like his security blanket. He knows what he will get there and is not ready to move on to find someone new. But crying to Rachel and being 2nd or 3rd fiddle again is quite disappointing. He has so many opportunities that he hasn't blown and he needs to take advantage of them. If he and Blaine are going to work this out they need to possibly get some serious counseling first. As for Will since nothing is really getting released on anyone other than Rachel and Blaine I guess speculation is all that's left. But I hope they at least touch on his feelings of how 2 of his former students for which he neglected everyone else for has come back to be his rivals. For Artie and Mercedes who knows what is in store for them as they are fairing just as well as Will in the information department for this season. At least so far they don't have Artie flunking out of school or saying that Mercedes tour was a disaster. Sam, well Sam is there nothing much more to elaborate on there. The other regulars Sue (Jane) and Beiste (Dot) I'm sure they will have them running around McKinley with Sue plotting how to destroy the Glee club once again to only be foiled once again in Scooby Doo fashion "if it wasn't for you bungling kids, I would have gotten away with it"! Sure Beiste will be there to be a mentor and sounding board, possibly for Sam and the "post Glee gay" football star. Really wishing for once in my case that a spoiler actually released something that sounded good. Nothing thus far has me screaming "oh wow this is going to be a great final season" and I doubt few others as well but I could be mistaken (about the others not the final season, as of yet).

I doubt that Will is going to take the new rivalry he has with Rachel/Kurt and Blaine personally. After all, he's the one who's hosting the " Let's be friendly and not undermine each other" dinner. If anything, I could see HIM being conflicted about competing against his " kids." But that probably won't happen since it would actually have the potential to be interesting.

I doubt that Will is going to take the new rivalry he has with Rachel/Kurt and Blaine personally. After all, he's the one who's hosting the " Let's be friendly and not undermine each other" dinner. If anything, I could see HIM being conflicted about competing against his " kids." But that probably won't happen since it would actually have the potential to be interesting.

It would also give Will screen time and an interesting plot. We know better than to think that will happen at this point. This dinner seems mostly to exist to set up the rivalries amongst the kids and give Klaine a chance to be awkward while Blaine is still trapped in that desperate attempt to create buzz at how wrong it is relationship with Dave. No, I'm not going to get over that any time soon. It does a massive disservice to all three characters and removes nearly any chance I can be happy for whatever ending any of them get short of lots of therapy and some serious time being single to grow the fuck up and get over high school.

• Love 2

Will welcomed Shelby with open arms when she was brought in specifically to one-up him.  His concern was for the effect of Shelby's presence on Rachel, Quinn, and Puck (one of Will's best moments, IMO), not on having a full-time rival, so I'll be a bit pissed if Will now has unprovoked issues with Rachel/Kurt and Blaine as rivals. 

You know what is ironic about Kurt following Blaine back to Lima because he luvs him and wants it to work out?  How Kurt was one of the biggest detractors from Finn asking Rachel to marry him with the thought he would follow her to NYC instead of prioritizing his own dreams.  Then again for some reason it was okay for Kurt, Sam, and Santana to head to New York with no opportunity in place (and in Santana's case she gave up a full ride at Louisville to do so) while it was wrong for Finn to think about doing the same.  

This gets back to one of my many frustrations about the show.  I don't need it to be completely realistic but it should at least have some internal logic in its stories.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

This show tosses all internal consistency and characterization out the window based on plot necessity.  Need Finn in Lima to run the blackboard, it's wrong for him to follow Rachel to NYC.  Need Kurt stuck in Lima hell as a loser with everybody else, it's totes romantic he's sticking around Lima to hopefully scoop up the leavings of the dude who once threatened to kill him. Whatever puts the chess pieces where they need them on the board. Logic, reason, and keeping the characters remotely rootable need not apply. 

• Love 2

These spoiler are all so bad, but especially for Kurt.   With Rachel, I could see where being back in LIma and McKInley, she will "rule" again.  Blaine will have a bunch of Warblers licking his ass at Dalton, and Sam will be back with his football/jock set at McKinley helping Beistie.  All three of them have "reasons" to be back in Ohio, Rachel and Blaine crash and burning and Sam never really happy in the big city.  Kurt was the one character on Glee it was pounded into our heads over and over and over to be able to spread his wings he needed to fly off to New York.

So the Question remains: What is in it for Kurt?   Lima was a hell hole for him and the only reason they could shove him back after he left was because they gave Burt fucking cancer.  This last season if they again mock his being too gay and too fem in Lima, it's almost as if Glee is giving a homophobic message to the few fans remaining that Kurt just will never fit in.

Edited by caracas1914
You know what is ironic about Kurt following Blaine back to Lima because he luvs him and wants it to work out?  How Kurt was one of the biggest detractors from Finn asking Rachel to marry him with the thought he would follow her to NYC instead of prioritizing his own dreams.

I hate this double standard that Ryan Murphy is perpetuating. It's all well and good that gays can get married in a good number of states now, but all the reasons it was bad for Finchel to get married right out of high school (minus the risk of pregnancy) apply equally to Klaine....maybe even moreso since they weren't actually in a relationship with one another when they got engaged.

This gets back to one of my many frustrations about the show.  I don't need it to be completely realistic but it should at least have some internal logic in its stories.

Which makes we wonder why TIIC would think a Dave/Blaine pairing  would be a good idea. Even apart from the bullying of Kurt...the guy was in an entirely different circle from them with few similar interests. I don't think Blaine ever shared a scene with the guy--he was much closer to Kurt, mostly because Kurt as the only one in school that could out him.But it's all about shock value now. Here's what would be shocking: a ten year time jump where EVERYONE moved on from high school romances! I think everone expect Tina the whipping boy of the show and Rachel due to Cory's death will be hooked up with someone from high school.

• Love 2
Getting cast in parts just means that Rachel had talent and some training. But quitting Funny Girl and then having the tv show being so amazingly toxic that it not only gets canceled, but renders Rachel completely unemployable in Hollywood, I would think, would negate any positives those achievements give Rachel.

Look, I don't disagree that Rachel made bad decisions and may have burned her bridges.

All I'm saying is that as a character, it makes sense that Rachel would want to lead New Directions by herself as Director because she is the one with the most tangible career credentials, from her POV.  If someone showed up at a small suburban or rural   high school who had starred as the lead of a Broadway show and had been on a TV show, there would be no question that would be impressive enough.  

It fits in with Rachel that with all the other humiliations/setbacks  she thinks she's been through, she NEEDS to be the choir director.   I dunno, it fits in with my image of Rachel.  Whether that is the smartest thing to do for New Directions  or whether  do it  jointly with Kurt is more beneficial to them as a choir is an entirely different matter.  Than again, I have a hard time reconciling that Kurt would voluntarily give up both New York and NYADA.  Now that doesn't make sense for him as a character.

Edited by caracas1914

Which makes we wonder why TIIC would think a Dave/Blaine pairing  would be a good idea. Even apart from the bullying of Kurt...the guy was in an entirely different circle from them with few similar interests. I don't think Blaine ever shared a scene with the guy

Actually, it's worse than that. They did share two scenes. In one Dave physically shoved Blaine around and in the other he threatened him alongside Kurt until Santana intervened. So their only history is Dave bullying Blaine and Blaine listening to Kurt cry over Dave having bullied Kurt even more severely separately. It's really, really fucked up. I can't imagine this happening with real people unless at least one of them had some serious therapy-requiring issues. Sane people with such histories on both sides move on and start fresh once they're out of high school.

I don't think they're even trying to tell a story that Blaine's so wrecked by the breakup he's doing intentionally self-destructive things by dating a former bully. They just don't give a shit about Blaine's side because they're too busy redeeming Dave by showing he's totally fine now. How else would this show prove how worthy Dave is other than letting him have a relationship with a major character? I guess Blaine just has to take it because they're trying to prove something, make Kurt look even more pathetic, and create some column inches in the entertainment media. Doesn't matter that Dave and Blaine have nothing in common, it makes no sense, and is deeply messed up given everybody's history. This show wants attention and to prove Dave's totally redeemed now, so he gets to play with Blaine's disco stick.

• Love 2
They just don't give a shit about Blaine's side because they're too busy redeeming Dave by showing he's totally fine now.

This so much and that's EXACTLY why I was sick of and more than ready to never see the character again since the SuperBowl Shuffle episode. While some who love Kurt constantly tout how he has been sacrificed for Blaine or whatever, the writers did the same shit with Karofksy and his man pain the second they started listening to a few online buzz and kept bringing the character back over and over and over again. Kurt and what he went through ceased to exist or it was incredibly minimized so we can focus on how much Karofsky was suffering.

Like I said, the first time I got annoyed with this character and that whole arc was that Superbowl mess where Kurt was pretty much invisible in Warbler land and the whole damn episode was about Karofsky's whole "journey" or whatever and after all that, the episode ended on him still not giving a damn about what he did to Kurt. Then his whole little suicide attempt, a piece of crap episode I never watched, was an hour of Kurt blaming himself because he dared to not answer his cell phone when the creepy guy who'd first tormented him and creepily stalked him in a bear suit, kept calling. 

And now, because for the last two seasons they've made Blaine the constant fuck-up in that relationship, why not use him to once again tell us about how poor, sweet misunderstood Karofksy has grown and found acceptance in himself and is now such a great catch. If I didn't think RIB are so beyond giving any kind of a crap about the shit they write and having any integrity about it, I would say that even they probably figured it would be too fucked up to have Kurt date him which is why they went with Blaine, sense and continuity be damned. But nah, I don't think they care about that because whether or not Blaine was the one Karofksy directly bullied and tormented, as the poster above noted, considering the only scenes they ever shared and Blaine's meeting Kurt and befriending him was strongly tied to that, in my opinion, Blaine's only history with Karofksy is just as twisted and fucked up as Kurt's with him. 

So this is exactly why I honestly and sincerely say fuck this show and fuck those writers. Good luck with your point negative audience and becoming an even bigger joke than this show already is. There is WAY too much good stuff on television with writers who actually give a crap about their work for me to waste my time with the joke that Glee is. Like I'v said I don't give flying crap about Kurt and Blaine being together because those writers fucked over that pairing badly the moment they made the decision to have Blaine bang the anonymous lighthouse. Plenty of shows have had couples cheat and get back together but knowing even back then how lazy and shitty the writing on Glee was, I knew that whole thing would be a complete and utter mess and clusterfuck and it was. So I don't care about the writers breaking up Kurt and Blaine and them never being together but this Karofksy shit is just bullshit. And while I was already debating watching knowing no matter what they did it would be crappy, knowing this, there is absolutely no way I'm watching and endorsing that utter shit by actually watching it.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

With Dave, at the very least, they're able to show that people do grow up and change. That he could go from being a kid so deeply in the closet that he vented by torturing the one out gay kid he knew (and sort of liked) to a happy and confident young man. I find these kind of stories satisfying. Like I find Kurt growing and trading his sharpness for actual confidence, or Puck who because a half-way decent human being. I would much rather watch their journeys to adulthood (since they're actually becoming adults) than the eternal childhoods of Rachel and Blaine, who not only aren't growing up but are actually regressing.

• Love 1

With Dave, at the very least, they're able to show that people do grow up and change. That he could go from being a kid so deeply in the closet that he vented by torturing the one out gay kid he knew (and sort of liked) to a happy and confident young man.

Sure, I'd be fine with that if he wasn't being tied in a love triangle to two characters he used to bully and one he obsessed over romantically. Toss him a new person and happy college life, I can see a good story of self-acceptance, growing up, and becoming a healthy adult with a good life. Toss him a Blaine to play with and he's actually not. He's still trapped in high school baggage obsessing over the gay kids he was too repressed and self-loathing to deal with reasonably back then. It's not like he has a damn thing else in common with Blaine. The whole thing is deeply disturbed for all three characters and does none of them any favors.

• Love 1

He's still trapped in high school baggage obsessing over the gay kids he was too repressed and self-loathing to deal with reasonably back then.

Or maybe Blaine's so bitter about Kurt breaking up with him, he tracks down the one person he thinks it would be most hurtful to Kurt for him to be with and asks him out.

Blaine would have to have some kind of inner life for that to happen, but it's not like it couldn't be Blaine who pursued Dave rather than the other way around.

Or maybe Blaine's so bitter about Kurt breaking up with him, he tracks down the one person he thinks it would be most hurtful to Kurt for him to be with and asks him out.

Blaine would have to have some kind of inner life for that to happen, but it's not like it couldn't be Blaine who pursued Dave rather than the other way around.

I don't think my point depends on which one pursues the other. It's messed up either way given the history and circumstances. It takes two to be in a relationship. Even if Blaine is so fucked in the head he tosses himself at Dave for whatever reason (rebound, self-loathing, desire to hurt Kurt, hair gel poisoning), Dave doesn't have to date him. He could move on with his life and find a new guy in his college scene that lacks the historical baggage. It'd show some real growth and maturity to move on from it all.

They almost certainly know this makes no damn sense for the characters. There's good reason they're not showing the beginning of this thing. There's no way they could sell that, and it's not important to their goals. They want the shock and awe so people will be horrified and they'll get some press about it, and they want an obstacle to Klaine that's big enough fans of it will make noise. I just don't think they quite realize how badly it reflects on all the characters involved to people who aren't desperate to see any of these people date any other people on the show. They'll roll right past all the awkward issues and reconfigure the triangle at least once without dealing with any of it beyond more pithy talk that doesn't address any of the underlying issues with the new configuration either. Dave will be shunted off having made little progress as a character since we last saw him beyond having fucked Blaine for a little while, which is decidedly not a road to character growth. I expect this story to be wholly unsatisfying on all fronts and cause more damage to all characters involved than it accomplishes.

• Love 3

I want to quote this entire thing. Exactly, some want to make this about "well Blaine is awful because of this..." or "well Kurt is this because whatever..." and to me this has shit to do about liking one character or who one stans or whatever. Because the fact of the matter is they're all fictional characters meaning whatever fucked up thing they do is the writers' work and creation. And that's what I personally am ranting and bothered about.

Blaine is going to be dating Karofksy because THE WRITERS think it is okay to make the character do so because they don't give a flying fuck about their characters and more importantly the audience. They just throw shit out there because they think it makes for buzz or controversy or whatever. Well good luck to them when no one watches. People were already barely watching and with this shit, most people are pretty much resigning themselves to watching clips on YouTube and just watching edits of their favorite characters. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5

I want to quote this entire thing. Exactly, some want to make this about "well Blaine is awful because of this..." or "well Kurt is this because whatever..." and to me this has shit to do about liking one character or who one stans or whatever. Because the fact of the matter is they're all fictional characters meaning whatever fucked up thing they do is the writers' work and creation. And that's what I personally am ranting and bothered about.

Blaine is going to be dating Karofksy because THE WRITERS think it is okay to make the character do so because they don't give a flying fuck about their characters and more importantly the audience. They just throw shit out there because they think it makes for buzz or controversy or whatever. Well good luck to them when no one watches. People were already barely watching and with this shit, most people are pretty much resigning themselves to watching clips on YouTube and just watching edits of their favorite characters. 

I totally agree that the writers are completely responsible for this stupidity. The problem is that people like me who've been watching the show since the pilot and who has an IQ higher than that over the average houseplant aren't going to watch this and go "Oh tee hee... Blaine and Dave are dating and Kurt's upset. Isn't this the most fun?" I am going to look at it and consider how this fits in with how these characters developed over the past few years and try to see how this makes any kind of sense. And as I writer myself, I find it deeply insulting that I have to look at these storylines and am being asked to just shrug and go "It's Glee" as a definition for why little of this makes any kind of sense. I am still deeply invested in this show (far more than it deserves) and want to see storylines that actually work. Not just throwing shit at the walls because the writers are a group of hacks.

Because the writers in their infinite idiocy are having Dave and Blaine dating, then I'm going to try to find a reason for it. And Blaine trying to get back at Kurt for ending their engagement is as good as any I can come up with. Especially given that Blaine has a history of punishing Kurt when he feels Kurt steps out of line (like humiliating him in front of ND over Chandler's texts or cheating on him because Kurt wasn't able to give him his undivided attention). If anyone has any better reasons, I'll all ears.

That is also my preferred mode of watching (I analyse everything), but unfortunately I feel that Glee is really just beyond such an approach. It just doesn't make sense, nor do the writers even begin to attempt to write consistent characterisation for their characters. Kurt has fared pretty well, Rachel a little less so, everyone else can change their entire personality on a whim of the writers. Whatever is "funny" or brings "drama". I stopped giving a shit about character motivation on Glee when they put Finn and Quinn back together, after he had just dumped Rachel for cheating - and when asked about it, they basically shrugged and said, "because....DRAMA!". Fuck Finn's characterisation and the fact that he looked like the biggest tool and hypocrite. No, we wanted a reason for Rachel to sing a bunch of angsty, then empowering, then seductive solos at him. Mission accomplished!

• Love 1

Well as stupid as the writing has been in Glee with everything, including pairing up, at the least you could say is that Finn and Quinn were attracted to each other and he stupidly went back to his first crush, even the whiff of "pair the spares" of Sam/Brittany had the veneer that they had stupidity and blondness in common. The Quinn/Santana college girl experimentation was random but seriously both girls are hot and attractive and any gender would fall for them.

However this Blaine/Karofsky pairing just ups the ante to a writers' drinking game of " who are the most random and unlikely people to pair up on the show and let's run with it."

Even then this could potentially be black comedy to have Karofsky fucking Blaine until the poor guy couldn't walk ( seriously he would split him in half) if the point was to scorch the Klaine relationship once and for all. But they're not, it's obvious they are going to reconnect Kurt and Blaine by season end in the great gay wedding.

Blaine/Karofsky's only connection is Kurt and it's the most viscerally toxic connection at that. It's hilarious because at some level it's just making Blaine's apparent loathing/hatred of Kurt go right through the roof and you wonder if these writers are clever enough hacks to even attempt this Freudian slip before they revert them back to endgame soulmates.

I will say this, the one good thing is the pseudo intellectual Klaine fans who will rationalize the writers every twist and turn with Klaine with their own "insights" have been reduced to relative silence or muted to " I'm just going along with the ride". Even they can't spin this shit, LOL.

If Blaine really is just fucking around with Dave to hurt Kurt as much as possible, then Blaine's a terrible person and Dave's a fool for not knowing any better. He's not that into you may be a lousy self-help book, but it's pathetic if Dave can't tell or is just so desperate he doesn't care. Any way you slice it, everybody comes out of this one looking worse for having been caught up in the mess.

• Love 1

Just one more thing.

Glee will air probably not until March 2015  becasue I doubt that the network will risk airing Glee  during February Sweeps which means when 6.02 "Homecoming" airs, the football season on Glee will occur  Oct/Nov and yet we will be in "real time" March. 

So the 6 month time jump still doesn't  even  get the writers caught up when the show airs.  They're like monkeys in a room throwing velcro notes at a board.

It's hilarious.

Edited by caracas1914

So the 6 month time jump still doesn't  even  get the writers caught up when the show airs.  They're like monkeys in a room throwing velcro notes at a board.

That ridiculous extended school year proved they don't care what the calendar says. They just want enough time to have passed to fuck everything up royally, but not enough they miss the next show choir competition season. Everything else is just a stinky mess in the kitty litter box they're ignoring and hoping nobody notices. If they do, we'll just get chastised for taking a tv show that saves lives and is socially very important far too seriously. It's just tv unless they're getting an award for something.

Edited by ThatThingYouDo