Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Amster-Damn

• Start Topic

An apology shows that someone recognizes they have done something wrong, Kim does not acknowledge she did anything wrong to anyone for anything which makes others more concerned with her state of mind/drug use even more. And things were calming down a bit after poker night UNTIL Brandi filled LisaR's head with thoughts of Kim killing herself either on purpose or by accidental OD. 

I don't think things were really calming down per se but not acknowledging or owning up to bad behavior makes others concerned of her state of mind? I would take it as, um okay Kim bugged out and wants to act like she didn't or that it was an honest mistake and doesn't think she owes us an apology. Not cool but not for all this either. Blown way out of proportion.

We both said the same thing with a yearly contract Bravo just doesn't hire her next year.  Her employment is up this season and dies with her contract ending.

After reading the disabilities act taking the pill may have rendered her off the wagon.  Only a ex-alcoholic or ex-drug addict is considered disabled.

It's not about whether she's considered disabled or not. An alcoholic, using or not, may be considered to have a disability. However, an alcoholic currently drinking can be fired if their alcohol use interferes with their ability to perform the essential functions of their job, and the alcoholic would not have a claim under the ADA for discrimination.  The same is true for prescription drug addicts (illegal drug addicts are not covered under the Act).  If the use of the drug interferes with their performing essential duties of the job, they can be fired without it being discriminatory.  

But this all seems moot because Kim has never described herself as being addicted to drugs. Only as an alcoholic. And Bravo would have many other avenues to get rid of her if they wanted anyway, even in the middle of her contract.

• Love 4

I hadn't thought of it that way but you're right.  Pretending she doesn't care what people say about her is disingenuous.  She obviously does care but I just don't think she does it the way the other HW's do, i.e., to pretending to be better, more sincere, wealthier, happier, etc.  than they actually are.  

I gathered from your earlier comment that Brandi won't be offended if she isn't in the social register.   Because she doesn't care how she comes off to polite society she feels like the other women are phony for caring how they come off as she has seen them throw caution to the wind and let the hair down.  As my sixth grade teacher would say, "there is a time and place for everything."  Brandi just doesn't live by that adage.  

• Love 3
(edited)

It's not about whether she's considered disabled or not. An alcoholic, using or not, may be considered to have a disability. However, an alcoholic currently drinking can be fired if their alcohol use interferes with their ability to perform the essential functions of their job, and the alcoholic would not have a claim under the ADA for discrimination. The same is true for prescription drug addicts (illegal drug addicts are not covered under the Act). If the use of the drug interferes with their performing essential duties of the job, they can be fired without it being discriminatory.

But this all seems moot because Kim has never described herself as being addicted to drugs. Only as an alcoholic. And Bravo would have many other avenues to get rid of her if they wanted anyway, even in the middle of her contract.

We've discussed this three or four times....it is a moot point...the season is almost over, her contract will be up and Andy Cohen never meets with her for contract renewal. Period end of story...bye Kim Richards. That is if he doesn't decide to keep her on RHOBH. Though her detractors will not be happy with him. Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 2

I gathered from your earlier comment that Brandi won't be offended if she isn't in the social register.   Because she doesn't care how she comes off to polite society she feels like the other women are phony for caring how they come off as she has seen them throw caution to the wind and let the hair down.  As my sixth grade teacher would say, "there is a time and place for everything."  Brandi just doesn't live by that adage.  

Yes.....Brandi's box of tricks does not include good taste, timing or discretion.

• Love 3

It's a mute point...the season is almost over, her contract will be up and Andy Cohen never meets with her for contract renewal. Period end of story...bye Kim Richards.

Amen!  Now we don't have to discussion whether or not Kim falls under any disability protections.

• Love 4
(edited)

Some of you probably saw this gossip piece last fall but it was new to me.

Way back in November Hollywood Gossip reported that at the Amsterdam dinner:

"Kim shot back with some remark about how it's an open secret in Hollywood that Harry sleeps around."

Does anyone think she actually said that and it was edited out?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
(edited)

Yes, she is mean but I don't see her being as phony as much as you do but she does make outrageous and inappropriate comments all the time.

A lying liar who lies is a phony to me.  All those lies about how she knew Cedric, how they modeled together in Europe, she supposedly knew Adrienne before the show started, and the list goes on and on. Yep, phony to the core.  She had the viewers believe she was someone whom she clearly was not.  She had nothing going on but being the wife of a man who dumped her for a rich woman. She had to make up lies in order to make her life seem more interesting than it really was and still, it did nothing, in my eyes, to make her interesting. It didn't warrant the ugly behavior given to her when she made her debut at Kyle's charity event. Horrible.

Let me add, it was mentioned that Kyle is all about how she looks and how people perceive her, but to me, that is Brandi.  Brandi is the one who had to have the expensive leased car in order to show up at Eddie and LeAnn's door and make an impression on them, as if they really care. They are likely laughing at her not being able to buy such a car.  She is constantly blowing up her face more and more to the point her eyes will disappear. She had her vaginal rejuvenation so that her vaginal area would be more appealing to the eye.

I didn't like Brandi from the moment I knew she'd be on the show. I knew she wouldn't bring anything to the show because she has nothing to offer. She still doesn't.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

We both said the same thing with a yearly contract Bravo just doesn't hire her next year.  Her employment is up this season and dies with her contract ending.

After reading the disabilities act taking the pill may have rendered her off the wagon.  Only a ex-alcoholic or ex-drug addict is considered disabled.

What what exactly is an ex-alcoholic....simply one who has had problems with alcohol, but now no longer drinks? I consider myself a recovered alcoholic as I have had really bad problems with drinking in the past, but now no longer drink and haven't had a drink for years

• Love 4

SO of Kim did go into the hospital to detox (or had an od we don't know about)she is trying. I think all the hernia, coughing stuff was a cover for the get Kim to the hospital and get the drugs out of her. Addicts relapse. It happens all the time. And, honestly, I don't think just because we watch her on TV we have any right to know to know if she has a sponsor or works a program. That's her business. Not ours. doesn't matter what we think we see or don't see on TV, in real life it's not any of our business! That's what medical records are sealed. Privacy is not something you sign away just because you agree to be on TV 20 mins. a week. Addicts also aren't the nicest people when they get off there drug of choice. That's natural. Your body craves something it can't have and it can make you mean and nasty .

Eurekagirl, have you ever seen what one of the contracts these women have to sign look like? Kim has no business being on a reality show if she wants to control the narrative to her story. The contract makes it crystal clear that they'll have the right to make fun of you, place you in a potentially very embarrassing light, unflattering editing, etc. If Kim wants privacy about her addictions then she needs to get out from being in front of a camera where she's talking about them. Kim made a choice, she knows what she signed, she knows what being on the show is like after five years and she decided that she wanted to come back. 

Kim made her drug and alcohol issues a subject of focus for the show long before "mean-spirited" Lisa Rinna ever showed up. 

I would get it if Lisa R brought it up after Poker night and then Kim's was inebriated for that event as well and it created a scene and then Kim being inebriated again caused issues at the scavenger hunt as well as spoiling for a drunken fight at that dinner but she wasn't and she didn't do any of those things because of some inebriated state.  Using Kim's past and adding that to Poker night, to me isn't the same as treating and addressing it like its CURRENT ongoing relapsed behavior. I really can't understand why these women can't get this. Drives me nuts honestly.

Sincerely Yours, it doesn't seem like you agree that Kim was out of line at any point apart from Poker Night and this is one of many areas where we disagree. I thought it was plain as day that we saw Kim inebriated after Poker Night. I thought she was loaded when Kyle and Brandi both game to visit her, I thought she was out of it and argumentative at Kyle's mixer. She was literally arguing about what day she'd seen her sister and actually had the nerve to have attitude with Kyle like Kyle was the one who was fucked up for not knowing what day they'd talked! It was unbelievable to witness on my screen, I can't imagine having to deal with a person like that in the flesh. During the Scavenger Hunt she was grouchy, irritable, and a pain in the ass to be around from the moment they all got there.

I definitely see ongoing relapse behavior. There are numerous things to indicate this at this point. Kim hides when she knows that her behavior is indefensible.

Kim's past history is relevant because it feels like the women have been here before. The other women have been down this road before with Kim's lies and ridiculous excuses. It gets old and because Kim is rarely forced to acknowledge her bad behavior and is never made to apologize it comes across with her getting away with being a rude and aggressive liar who refuses to take responsibility for her mistakes. It isn't as though LisaR hasn't seen the show. She knows that this isn't new behavior for Kim just as the other women do. The viewers see it too. How many times can a person accidentally take the wrong meds before it becomes obvious that these aren't innocent mistakes? 

• Love 10
(edited)

Some of you probably saw this gossip piece last fall but it was new to me.

Way back in November Hollywood Gossip reported that at the Amsterdam dinner:

"Kim shot back with some remark about how it's an open secret in Hollywood that Harry sleeps around."

Does anyone think she actually said that and it was edited out?

I believe it because otherwise why was LisaR hatred for Kim going from 0 to 100. After reading the article above and how they're manipulated nothing would surprise me.

Producer-Driven Scripted Drama and Bravo’s ‘Real Housewives’ Series

March 6, 2013

https://famewhorgas....sewives-series/

Was it just Bravo's luck that Lisar drove with Kim to the poker game? Could her line producer have know ahead of time Kim was flying from the chandelier after talking to her? They then made sure Kyle nor Brandi drove with her, because they may have taken her to the ER to have her stomach pumped out? Therefore ruining a possible storyline!

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I wish there was an excuse Auto-mat like the one the girls went to in Amsterdam so Kim could find a nice tasty explanation for her nasty indefensible behavior.

2793471280_e7e050c685.jpg

The turkey leg would be the excuse for Kingsley chomping on her nieces hand.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

Kim should thank her lucky stars that out of five years, this little snippet at the poker party was all that was shone. There is a lot more of that behavoir in the can over the years and she has been very very lucky it never made the light of day. She should call it a day and go off and use to her hearts content without anyone questioning her.

• Love 14

What what exactly is an ex-alcoholic....simply one who has had problems with alcohol, but now no longer drinks? I consider myself a recovered alcoholic as I have had really bad problems with drinking in the past, but now no longer drink and haven't had a drink for years

Thanks for the correct word...recovering alcoholic. Sorry about that. Most of the family members in my family, four just quit drinking cold turkey so they say ex-alcoholics. They never feel any pull toward drinking but don't trust they could have just one drink. Me, I've had the same peppermint schnapps for three years to add to my hot chocolate.

• Love 2

Yea, but that doesn't win any points with me. I use to read where folks would say the same thing back in the day about Joe Giudice. He is just himself all the time. Take him or leave him, but at least he is being honest and himself. I am good with that unless you are an asshole. If you are in fact an asshole, being yourself is a terrible thing to be.

I said a few posts ago that I'd have some respect for Kim if she just owned being a narcissistic asshole because at least she'd be a self-aware narcissistic asshole.  Same with Brandi.  Doesn't mean I like you, care about you or want to be around you, but being fake is a huge irritation of mine that often trumps being a plain ole asshole.  I still see Brandi as being fake.  Other posters have touched on why, but to me, all of her bravado and "this is how I am" attitude seems like just a cover for someone who is deeply, deeply insecure and has a real need to be accepted and to feel important.  Which is why she gloms onto people like she does, like with Lisa V and Ken, and Kim, for example.  If she were really "real" and owned herself, she'd not feel the need to 1) prove it all of the time with all of that "look how wild and free I am!" BS, and 2) put others down for not being "real" like her.  Brandi's façade is really transparent with the always provocative attitude and the leased life.  She reminds me of stories I've read about some of the old Hollywood movie starlets -- how they are so obsessed with being famous and loved that they leave their humble beginnings, go to Hollywood and change everything about themselves in order to play the role of someone glamorous and sexy in order to get roles playing someone glamorous and sexy.  Like a façade within a façade.  Fake, squared. 

Kim's is a little murkier but still she hides behind her addiction (which people have a hard time calling someone out for being an asshole when it's framed within a medical illness) and that oh so quirky turtle personality that turns into a piranha anytime she doesn't get what she wants.   . 

Kyle for me is a bit different.  I think she really has something real, with her husband and her kids and her close friends.  She has so much going for her in that respect.  But she, too, puts on a façade, and it really shows when she's being filmed.  It's like she aslo wants to prove how "fun and happy" she is but she, more than the other two, actually has a life that seems conducive to creating true fun and happiness, if she'd just let go of the rest.  By the rest I mean, Kim and their dysfunctional past.  If Kyle kicked her Kim habit, I think she could be happy for real, that is, if she actually wants to be happy and not just a long-suffering martyr.   

I find people like Brandi to be the phoniest and meanest of them all.  Now she is making age jokes, calling Lisav a prostitute for marrying someone 25 years older (Ken and David are both 16 years older than their wives), I think Brandi more than anything wants to be accepted and because she has no discernible talent she tries way too hard to be the outrageous one.  I think Brandi has used martyrdom to get her very far the past several years since Eddie's exit as her husband.  First she was amartyr on the show becaue everyone made comments about her snatch duster and high heels, then it was Kim didn't want her on her team on Game Night, and then poor Brandi couldn't get away (in spite of the fact she had a walking cast) because Kim hid her crutches.

There was a reason when Brandi went off the rails on the street in Amsterdam everyone eventually just left her to her own devices.  And we saw poor Brandi separated from the herd walking down the street bewildered that no one even cared enough to turn around and see where she was.

Yup, yup.  Should have just dittoed this.  lol 

I could be totally wrong but it's something I sense, like the faintest whiff of mold on cheese. 

LOL!   Yeah, I'm so glad that I don't eat cheese, right about now.   Hide yo sons, hide yo booze, Brandi's sniffing around. 

• Love 10

Yes! Please!  From your keyboard to Bravo's ears!

If Bravo wants it that way, wouldn't they have to interact with her?

To a certain extent. There are events she will need to be included in, but they have a ton of discretion with most things from what I understand. There are just a few things that are mandated. Look at Yo; she misses most stuff.

That is why the Alexis situation is so ideal. The other ladies hated her. Hated. She was threatening law suits which is guaranteed to scare off your co stars. Heather didn't invite her to the first party of the year, and all the other gals were there. She didn't make a big deal out of it at all or bad mouth her for the most part. Just said she didn't like her and didn't want her at her home. Tamra also refused to invite her to her Bachelorette party, which was at least 2 prime episodes. This reduced her to filming for most of the year with just Vicki who couldn't really give two fucks and the new girl. This is what they will do to Brandi if they really dislike her. There is always a premium put on camera time. The most detrimental thing that can happen to any HW is for more than a girl or two to refuse to film with you. This is what got the NY ladies hysterical at Jill on the NY show. This is especially true for someone like Brandi, who cannot film with her kids. It limits her considerably if Kyle, Lisa V, Lisar, and Eileen aren't calling her to film with her. In some cases Interacting with the crazy loon on the show can get you camera time and make you look good. For instance no one wants to get rid of Ramona, even though she pisses everyone off, because anyone filming with her is guaranteed to look better by comparison. She is almost always going to be the loon in every room. Same for Vicki. They guarantee you will get on camera, but they are not actually hated by the other gals. For Brandi, I think this will be especially true if they think she is headed for some type of redemption story (again, just like Alexis was). They will try to keep her off camera, especially if there is a chance that interacting with her might not benefit them, but Brandi.

• Love 5

I believe it because otherwise why was LisaR hatred for Kim going from 0 to 100. After reading the article above and how they're manipulated nothing would surprise me.

March 6, 2013

https://famewhorgas....sewives-series/

Was it just Bravo's luck that Lisar drove with Kim to the poker game? Could her line producer have know ahead of time Kim was flying from the chandelier after talking to her? They then made sure Kyle nor Brandi drove with her, because they may have taken her to the ER to have her stomach pumped out? Therefore ruining a possible storyline!

Why do you feel that Brandi is out for Kim's best interests and think that she would have tried to get Kim to go to a hospital that night instead? IMO Brandi wouldn't want to have an off camera trip to a hospital with Kim versus continuing on with the trip to Malibu and Eileen's. Brandi showed that just in this episode when she opted to hang out with the ladies and go to the pot shot even though she didn't want to partake. She wanted to be on camera so much so that she left Kim to be alone so that she could hang out with a bunch of women that she makes it seem like she can't stand. I agree with others here that it makes no sense why Kim's new BFF didn't want to hang out with her that night and that Brandi just wanted camera time. 

I'm definitely not seeing where Brandi's behavior towards Kim seems genuine. It seems phony on every level yet it's LisaR's sincerity that is being focused on and it's not like LisaR was trying to be Kim's best friend or something.

• Love 10

The tides are not coming back Brandi's way this season.  She has been too duplicitous and just ignorant.  Wine throwing and slapping Lisav gets you excommunicated.

No, not this season. These things take time.  And I think the audience is smarter now (Are we?  We keep watching this shite) so I think Bravo writers have to be even more subtle in making a redemption happen.

The producers are as delusional as the Hos.  Imo, they believe they can convince the viewers of anything by carefully steering the story in a certain direction.  And to a point I think they can. Except for Aviva, what other Ho that has been fired or quit and was the bane of the viewers existence, haven't we seen talked about kindly once their adversaries were shown to be shit heads in subsequent seasons?  And I say Aviva stands alone but we haven't seen Carole get a bad edit yet.  But once she does I can totally see at least a handful, (maybe 2 LOL) say, "Yeah, Carole was whack.  She should've been fired for grabbing Aviva's face.  Aviva might have had a point about that ghostwriter."  See, all Bravo would have to do is drop a well placed hint that Carole had a ghost and suddenly Aviva looks a little less crazy and some of Aviva's behavior makes sense.  And no, I'm not Aviva. :-). 

I think even Kim could get a redemption edit but for some reason, I don't think she's coming back.

• Love 2
(edited)

Why do you feel that Brandi is out for Kim's best interests and think that she would have tried to get Kim to go to a hospital that night instead? IMO Brandi wouldn't want to have an off camera trip to a hospital with Kim versus continuing on with the trip to Malibu and Eileen's. Brandi showed that just in this episode when she opted to hang out with the ladies and go to the pot shot even though she didn't want to partake. She wanted to be on camera so much so that she left Kim to be alone so that she could hang out with a bunch of women that she makes it seem like she can't stand. I agree with others here that it makes no sense why Kim's new BFF didn't want to hang out with her that night and that Brandi just wanted camera time.

I'm definitely not seeing where Brandi's behavior towards Kim seems genuine. It seems phony on every level yet it's LisaR's sincerity that is being focused on and it's not like LisaR was trying to be Kim's best friend or something.

I'm basing my post on my observation from poker night that Brandi upon realizing Kim's deteriorating condition tried to get the producers to break from filming (fingers across neck) and when that didn't work tried to get her back home to safety where that night Monty took her to the hospital. If Kyle was truly concerned for Kim's health beyond how "rude" Kim was acting and how she hated Brandi, she could have worked with Brandi to remove Kim from the house and away from the cameras. Both Brandi and Kim could have taken Kim to the hospital. Instead Kyle choose to fight with Brandi upping her camera time at the expense of her sister's health.

I believe if Kyle or Brandi were riding with Kim she would not have shown up before the cameras for poker night (either left at home or brought to the ER for stomach pumping] and furthermore I believe Lisar riding with Kim was producer drivin...not an accident.

• Love 2

That's true.  I just don't see Brandi pretending to a socialite as some of the HW's do.

I don't think any of them pretend to be "socialites". Most work/have careers outside their Bravo jobs, most are wealthy and most support charities so they are not "pretending" but are real "socialites" IMO.  Brandi aspires to be 1 as well but will never be because she can not or will not see anything beyond her own needs/wants, the same for Kim. JMO

• Love 3

I'm basing my post on my observation from poker night that Brandi upon realizing Kim's deteriorating condition tried to get the producers to break from filming (fingers across neck) and when that didn't work tried to get her back home to safety where that night Monty took her to the hospital. If Kyle was truly concerned for Kim's health beyond how "rude" Kim was acting and how she hated Brandi, she could have worked with Brandi to remove Kim from the house and away from the cameras. Both Brandi and Kim could have taken Kim to the hospital. Instead Kyle choose to fight with Brandi upping her camera time at the expense of her sister's health.

I believe if Kyle or Brandi were riding with Kim she would not have shown up before the cameras for poker night (either left at home or brought to the ER for stomach pumping] and furthermore I believe Lisar riding with Kim was producer drivin...not an accident.

Co-sign to all.

Show you care by taking it off camera.  Doesn't matter to me if it was the addict's fault for bringing the crazy out to play.  The ones with their wits about them, with all their deep, deep compassion should show they care by taking it off camera.

Unless of course, they be lookin' for camera time...

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think any of them pretend to be "socialites". Most work/have careers outside their Bravo jobs, most are wealthy and most support charities so they are not "pretending" but are real "socialites" IMO. Brandi aspires to be 1 as well but will never be because she can not or will not see anything beyond her own needs/wants, the same for Kim. JMO

Brandi is Brandi...but give her Kyle's $30 million net worth and I wonder what she'd be able to do? Now that would be a fun new reality show for her and remove her from RHOBH. Maybe she could drop by for a cameo role, LOL. She could make stopping HPV as her charity.

• Love 2

I don't think any of them pretend to be "socialites". Most work/have careers outside their Bravo jobs, most are wealthy and most support charities so they are not "pretending" but are real "socialites" IMO.  Brandi aspires to be 1 as well but will never be because she can not or will not see anything beyond her own needs/wants, the same for Kim. JMO

I don't know whom for sure I'd consider a socialite in this bunch.  I mean, just that they appear on a reality show should nullify their socialite card.

Let's drive down to the Social Registry and check the list.

• Love 6

It looked to me like Brandi was trying to up her camera time. If she hadn't involved herself, she wouldn't have been on camera much.

• Love 5
(edited)

Co-sign to all.

Show you care by taking it off camera. Doesn't matter to me if it was the addict's fault for bringing the crazy out to play. The ones with their wits about them, with all their deep, deep compassion should show they care by taking it off camera.

Unless of course, they be lookin' for camera time...

Where's AnnA...we need a picture of Kim with Brandi dragging her out of the house and "SHOW YOU CARE BY TAKING IT OFF CAMERA!"

Shame on those who stood by and watched...ate pizza...looked out the garage window and let the producers cower them into not getting Kim away from the cameras.

It looked to me like Brandi was trying to up her camera time. If she hadn't involved herself, she wouldn't have been on camera much.

It sure appeared as if Kyle was the obstructionist. Pulling on Brandi's arm and knocking the pizza to the floor.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't believe it had anything to do with Kyle or Brandi possibly ruining a storyline..  

I think it was Bravo who arranged the limo ride with Kim and LisaR to set up a storyline.

Bravo was probably behind Brandi going to eat Space Cakes with the group instead of staying behind with Kim.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

Juicy!  I think that deserves a thread all it's own because if I know you guys, and I think I do, that article could generate 50 pages of discussion that would span all the franchises.  Wow.  I knew some of that but that was awesome.  I need a cigarette.

Ha!

That excerpt you quoted was true of the Real World shows as well, I believe.  They'd also ply them with booze and tell them that their roommates talked shit about them.  lol  Glad to see nothing's changed. 

• Love 6

Can someone please start that Fourth Wall thread?   After the Amsterdam episode, we seem to have a lot to discuss about what the HW's can and cannot do.

I started the thread just now. 

GreatKazu, I couldn't open that link either.

• Love 5

I don't know whom for sure I'd consider a socialite in this bunch.  I mean, just that they appear on a reality show should nullify their socialite card.

Let's drive down to the Social Registry and check the list.

We have all seen that the other women, except for Brandi/Kim, can present themselves properly in social settings.

Where's AnnA...we need a picture of Kim with Brandi dragging her out of the house and "SHOW YOU CARE BY TAKING IT OFF CAMERA!"

Shame on those who stood by and watched...ate pizza...looked out the garage window and let the producers cower them into not getting Kim away from the cameras.

Brandi had no problem with Kim being as high as a kite while she and Kim were calling Kyle/LisaR "stupid" numerous times during the poker lesson itself. Brandi said that she knew immediately when she saw Kim "that something was wrong, really wrong" yet she did nothing to calm Kim down nor did she attempt to get her "off camera" at anytime. She did not try to do anything until Kim came out of the bathroom and at that point, Kim WAS calm. Brandi is also very well aware that there are cameras in the limos and if she was trying to remove Kim from the cameras, why didn't she call for a cab? Brandi wanted to ride home with Kim because she wanted the camera time that she was guaranteed to receive riding with Kim.

• Love 7

I don't believe it had anything to do with Kyle or Brandi possibly ruining a storyline..  

I think it was Bravo who arranged the limo ride with Kim and LisaR to set up a storyline.

Bravo was probably behind Brandi going to eat Space Cakes with the group instead of staying behind with Kim.  

They wanted to film LisaR, the newbie, with the veteran, Kim. IMO, that is as far as the producers setup went.

I believe Kyle, that Brandi's Lawyer advised her not to "indulge" in Amsterdam.

It's Lisa's fault for not stopping production and dragging cracked out Kim to the ER?   Because Brandi, for sure, would have done that?  Brandi's so responsible in every other aspect of her life, so of course she would have.  lol

I guess I missed that it was Brandi that took Kim straight to the ER on the way home from the poker party that night, did you miss that too? LOL Riding with High As A Kite Kim = MORE CAMERA TIME = Brandi volunteering to ride with Kim! LOL

• Love 7

I guess I missed that it was Brandi that took Kim straight to the ER on the way home from the poker party that night, did you miss that too? LOL Riding with High As A Kite Kim = MORE CAMERA TIME = Brandi volunteering to ride with Kim! LOL

I miss a lot of things that never happen.  ; )

Like, apparently, Lisa RInna's EVUL MASTER PLAN to ruin Kim's reputation as the upstanding, totally sober, American Sweetheart that we all know her to be. 

• Love 15

Thanks for the correct word...recovering alcoholic. Sorry about that. Most of the family members in my family, four just quit drinking cold turkey so they say ex-alcoholics. They never feel any pull toward drinking but don't trust they could have just one drink. Me, I've had the same peppermint schnapps for three years to add to my hot chocolate.

I guess it's a term I use as I realize that I could start drinking again at any time, and I do maintain a constant vigil over any temptation that might present itself to trigger me. There's

Just no guarantee. There's just something about Kim that indicates to me that she will never really be sober for any length of time. I think there are so many psychological maladies Kim

Suffers from. She needs real in-depth psychotherapy to get at the roots of her problems...and until she does she will continue to drink and be a nasty, unhappy person

• Love 7

Well I'm on disability and an addiction to alcohol or drugs was NOT in  my papers as to what constitutes a disability! Also disability is VERY hard to get. It took me 2 years and I was "fast tracked". Also you CAN work on disability. I got a "cap" as to how much I can earn each month. And I still HAVE to work as my disability doesn't even cover all my rent!

I hate Brandi with a passion and I hope she doesn't get the redemption arc. Geesh they got rid of the horror show that was Aviva! Bye Brandi...Have fun being a washed up, never was, has been.

I know whereof you speak. In  my past life, I spent many a day completing seemingly neverending disability application forms with one client who did every embarrassed dance under the sun to NOT have to reveal the whole story (this was in the days when, for a brief period, clients could qualify for SSDI&SSI without having documented dual diagnoses, but could qualify on SA alone, and, since VERY FEW would actually want to have Substance Abuse added to their other Axis 1 diagnoses, chose to leave out the substance abuse part.)....to only spend the next several hours of my life with some sleazebag who was determined to play the system since the 2nd diagnosis (sketchy at best in their cases) did not have to be divulged....it was disheartening to say the least...but that loophole was soon done away with & all the SA only applicants had to reappy or lose their SSDI/SSI.

It was very easy to tell the sincere from the players & I always felt so very bad for the 'sinceres' that they were forced to jump through every humilitating loop under the sun to get a bare subsistence amount of $...

I don't know the answer....for as much as I HATE for the players to have their hands perpetually in my pocket, I equally HATE for the truly, honestly deserving to be deprived of even one 1$ of support for their efforts to reclaim their lives.  I've seen both sides. I am still having a moral/ethical dilemma in deciding which side I would stand upon.

• Love 3

Upon rewatching, it's crystal clear that Kim went into the luncheon ready to pounce. She had her bitch face on and was just dying to unleash on someone, anyone, and it was just coming down to who said the wrong thing first.

Once she started she couldn't stop. The insults came out rapid fire against everyone. I'm sure she would have moved on to Yo and Lisa V. had she not tipped Rinna's crazy switch. She's a venom cannon. And she was keen to hurt people in any way she could. She must be very miserable in the inside to lash out with such fury.

Also, Kyle has a martyr complex of the highest order. She needs to cut her toxic sister off and let Kim and Vacant Parasite bleed each other dry. Kyle isn't even speaking to Kim but she's still got every synapse in her brain working on Kim, Kim's issues, and how to navigate them. I don't know how she isn't in a padded cell after a lifetime of walking on eggshells.

I think Kyle and the other ladies were making a big effort to enjoy the hash house, even though they were acting a bit over the top. Too bad Vacant Parasite reacts so poorly when joy blossoms around her. She's a dementor from the Harry Potter world. She just lives to suck the energy and happiness out of a room.

She's so dumb she doesn't even realize that she pissed off the last person who would deign to interact with her. Kyle was the only person willing to engage with her on any level. Even Yo is ignoring her and embarrassed by her sorry ass. On some level I still pity Kim because of her obvious addiction and mental deficiencies, but

VP has no such disability or disadvantage.

This just gave me an idea for a thread regarding the personalities of the Housewives both past and present.

• Love 4

Kim may have found out this was going to be a pseudo "intervention" share our stories of heartbreak with drugs/booze night.  I agree, she seemed to know what was about to happen. 

Maybe Brandi gave her a head's up, or she overheard wives or producers talking.

• Love 2
(edited)

It sure appeared as if Kyle was the obstructionist. Pulling on Brandi's arm and knocking the pizza to the floor.

Yea, I think this is a central point where some of us disagree, which I can understand. It's the chicken or the egg thing really.

I love the post that just mentioned the most obvious thing to me. Brandi said in her blog that she knew Kim was off from the first moment she saw her. I would just love to understand where her concern was in that moment. She was not only watching Kim make a giant jackass of herself - on camera - she was helping her along, giving her power with her support. Why wasn't she interested in helping Kim when she was clearly appearing all kinds of intoxicated on something? Why wasn's she worried that Kyle would blow up at her then? Maybe when Kim was calling her stupid, or making strange allegations about a dildo? Brandi seemed completely delighted in the high/drunk/loopy Kim. It was the Kim that went to talk to Kyle, the one who left the bathroom much more subdued that Brandi seemed to want to remove from the house pronto. I will continue to believe that Brandi said something to Kim as soon as she left the bathroom. Told her that she believed that Kyle was trying to trick her into admitting something on camera, or in trying to make her look bad on camera. That pissed Kim off and so she said "thanks for that" to Kyle. I will also continue to believe that the only reason Brandi wanted to get her out of there fast was because she didn't want it to turn into a screaming fit where her name was brought up. A high Kim might easily say "Brandi told me you said this" or some other such shit. It is just so strange that she didn't want to protect Kim when she was at her looniest, but did want to protect her once she became more composed.

Kim may have found out this was going to be a pseudo "intervention" share our stories of heartbreak with drugs/booze night.  I agree, she seemed to know what was about to happen. 

I think that's a good point. The intervention discussion was had initially between Brandi and Lisa. Since Brandi seemed to tell Kim some elements of their conversation, it certainly follows that she also mentioned the discussion of a potential intervention. Of course she probably failed to mention that it had been her idea, but that is to be expected.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8

Yea, I think this is a central point where some of us disagree, which I can understand. It's the chicken or the egg thing really.

I love the post that just mentioned the most obvious thing to me. Brandi said in her blog that she knew Kim was off from the first moment she saw her. I would just love to understand where her concern was in that moment. She was not only watching Kim make a giant jackass of herself - on camera - she was helping her along, giving her power with her support. Why wasn't she interested in helping Kim when she was clearly appearing all kinds of intoxicated on something? Why wasn's she worried that Kyle would blow up at her then? Maybe when Kim was calling her stupid, or making strange allegations about a dildo? Brandi seemed completely delighted in the high/drunk/loopy Kim. It was the Kim that went to talk to Kyle, the one who left the bathroom much more subdued that Brandi seemed to want to remove from the house pronto. I will continue to believe that Brandi said something to Kim as soon as she left the bathroom. Told her that she believed that Kyle was trying to trick her into admitting something on camera, or in trying to make her look bad on camera. That pissed Kim off and so she said "thanks for that" to Kyle. I will also continue to believe that the only reason Brandi wanted to get her out of there fast was because she didn't want it to turn into a screaming fit where her name was brought up. A high Kim might easily say "Brandi told me you said this" or some other such shit. It is just so strange that she didn't want to protect Kim when she was at her looniest, but did want to protect her once she became more composed.

Exactly.  Why didn't Brandi go to Kyle about her "concerns" if she knew from jump, that Kim was messed up?  Also, she was right there with Kim in mocking Kyle and Lisa and being annoying at the poker table.  Sure doesn't seem like concern for a BFF's sobriety and privacy or safety from the clutches of a bad sister who just wanted to exploit her for air time. 

However...even I am loathe to put all of the blame on Brandi because I am firm in my stance that Kim is responsible for Kim.  So just as I won't put it on Kyle or Lisa, I'm not going to excuse Kim by blaming Brandi for doing or not doing whatever on Poker Night.  It's been proven that whether people do or don't, care or not, Kim does Kim. 

• Love 10

The reason it's a big deal about Kim failing to *ever* apologize for her behavior is because it indicates that she thinks that her behavior was acceptable. Kim was wrong and she frequently shows that she doesn't give a shit about how her actions can have a negative impact on others.

Kim is the one who couldn't let bygones be bygones at that dinner table. Also, Kim is the one who spoke directly about her sobriety and at length. Kim is the one who brought up the pill again.

I know this has been posted by multiple people at this point but I want to say again that this isn't just about a lack of an apology for Poker Night. It's about Kim's behavior and attitude from every season. 

This isn't only about the lack of apology for Poker Night. It's about the lack of apologies in general.

This isn't only about Kim taking "one pain pill" that wasn't prescribed to her. It's about Kim again having lies and excuses for her relapse and unacceptable behavior.

Kim is supposed to have sympathy and respect from LisaR with regard to her drug addict medical/substance abuse issues but it's totally okay in Kim's world for Kim to taunt LisaR about a medical issue like anorexia.

This is about Kim's multiple instances of hypocrisy. Kim's children and family are off limits but it's a totally different story for Lisa Rinna's children and family. Kim takes it to an extra level when she involves HH considering that Harry had done nothing to her. It think it's completely ridiculous to blame Lisa for Kim deciding to fling mud at Harry who was in no way involved. Lisa sensed that Kim had problems but she was still shocked and unprepared for how horrible Kim can be.

Yes! Yes! and YES ever again! You said it better and more coherently that I ever could have.

• Love 10

Well, to Kim's credit, she knew that Lisa was quite apologetic to good ole Jimmy before he disappeared ... She wasn't going down without a fight, you see.

I mean, really, Kim is innocent, here. She was just trying to defend herself from Lisa "The Lips" Rinna. You know, Lisa was the one who shot JFK, and I heard that she shot the sheriff, too. That woman needed to be stopped. Kim was really working undercover for the FBI (Federal Bureau of Insanity) to flush The Lips out of hiding, by playing the part of a cracked out child star. She's an American Hero, that Kim Richards.

You are killing me over here lol!
  • Love 4
(edited)

Brandi is Brandi...but give her Kyle's $300 million net worth and I wonder what she'd be able to do? Now that would be a fun new reality show for her and remove her from RHOBH. Maybe she could drop by for a cameo role, LOL. She could make stopping HPV as her charity.

I think you have an extra zero in that number.   Someone recently posted that Kyle's net worth was $30 million.  That's still more than  just a chunk of change but only 1/10th of that 300 number.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

I don't think they told the women to stage an "intervention" or even to set 1 up but I suspect they told Yolanda to address the Bella "talk" that Brandi told her about. I'm sure the producers knew/prayed that would cause drama but I don't think they knew it would be between LisaR/Eileen/Kyle and Kim. I think they were hoping it would involve Yolanda/Brandi against the Lisas/Eileen/Kyle. The producers do not tell each HW which direction they want the night to go because all it takes is 1 to start down the path and things/drama follow more naturally that way. I think Kim has been plotting pay back ever since Brandi spewed her twisted/conveniently 1 sided version of her talk with LisaR and pounced when she had the chance. 

Ok, that's cool. I'm not referring to anything except what I said. She was acting much like a drunk person.

A verbally abusive, physically aggressive drunk that had she been a man, 99.9% of viewers would be screaming from the roof tops for him to be fired. JS

• Love 5

Good Point!!!   Makes sense that was the reason Kim was ready for action.  Brandi has spent this entire time putting ideas into Kim's head.   I can't wait for the reunion to see if Kim finally, after seeing all the episodes, calls out Brandi for talking behind her back - even more than Eileen or LisaR

IMO, Kim was ready for that moment before she got on the plane to Canada but LisaR just kept apologizing on the plane so that opportunity passed and the next time she was presented with it was in Amsterdam.

• Love 9

I think you have an extra zero in that number.   Someone recently posted that Kyle's network was $30 million.  That's still more than  just a chunk of change but only 1/10th of that 300 number.

Hahaha...I'm the one who posted the $30 million net worth for Kyle and Mauricio. So sorry thanks for correcting it...but I don't believe anyone is giving any money to Brandi, LOL!

• Love 1

March 6, 2013

https://famewhorgas.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/producer-driven-scripted-drama-and-bravos-real-housewives-series/

So what does this mean?

It means nothing really.  It does need a 'legend' box to clarify the different color text so the reader can understand who is stating what.  So this so called letter talks about the RHOC and RHBH production company and this person says that they assume that's how it's done on the east coast shows such as RHNJ.  But then we get all this information about Cat Rodriquez, the producer on RHNJ.  According to who?  "I just wanted you to know that you are so on the right track with this Cat [Rodriguez] person." is in red.  The so called letter writer seemed to be in brown text. 

Bottom line is that there is nothing new here regarding how the shows are set up, required events, story boards and the fact that each housewife has a producer who works with each housewife before and during filming.  And sure, producers most probably 'reveal' to housewives what other housewives might have said about them to induce drama.  No big reveal here.

Bringing it back to RHBH, I think the limo ride choices were because Kim and Kyle together probably wouldn't be as interesting as what was chosen.  I also don't think the producers knew that Kim was going to be that screwed up.   I don't know if Brandi wanted to go to the pot cafe or not.  Stay at the hotel with Kim or go to the cafe (where she knew she wouldn't partake.  Tough choice to either bitch with Kim or bitch on the other women (I'm pretty sure there would be a camera person back at the hotel if she stayed with Kim).  Since she didn't get her moment at the glass dinner, maybe she was itching to get some dramatic air time.  Who knows.

• Love 2

To me, it's more about Kim's behavior than her (non)sobriety.

Full disclosure, I've partied a lot (like, a lot) in my day and so have my friends. But I wouldn't be friends with someone who was so ** aggressive ** in their drunk/druggie behavior that they said "fuck you" or "shut your fucking mouth" to me, called me names and insulted me, ruined the entire night for everyone, etc. And I also wouldn't be friends with a narc like Brandi!

• Love 10

Wow, 34 pages. I think my last comment was almost 15 pages ago. I'm really bored with this thread, it doesn't have anything to do with any of you, but it's because of the show itself; it has become one dimensional -- it's all Kim & Brandi, Brandi & Kim. It's not interesting. :(

Let's hope we don't have to do it all over again after tomorrow night's episode.

• Love 6

Wow, 34 pages. I think my last comment was almost 15 pages ago. I'm really bored with this thread, it doesn't have anything to do with any of you, but it's because of the show itself; it has become one dimensional -- it's all Kim & Brandi, Brandi & Kim. It's not interesting. :(

Yeah, I'm at the stage now where I just want to make fun of stuff.  I used up all of my fucks on Poker Night and now I have none left.  My fucks do not regenerate. 

• Love 16

Let's hope we don't have to do it all over again after tomorrow night's episode.

Lol, I'm with you on that! I will be seriously disappointed if we don't get some movement in another direction; this crap is getting old.

• Love 6