Type keyword(s) to search

Clearance Level 10: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

(edited)

IAIN DE CAESTECKER GIVES HOPE FOR A POSSIBLY HAPPY S.H.I.E.L.D. ENDING FOR FITZSIMMONS
Brian Silliman   Jun. 22, 2020
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/iain-de-caestecker-agents-of-shield-ending-fitzsimmons 

SYFY WIRE talked with one half of this insanely dramatic pairing, Iain De Caestecker, in an attempt to see if there is any light at the end of the tunnel for this fictional couple, as well as other things about the series. It's not all about Fitzsimmons, everyone. (It is, it definitely is.)
I didn't wanna lead with this, but the couple that is known as Fitzsimmons has brought me more emotional turmoil than any other couple in television history. That's not even a question, I just have to say how dare you.
Are you hoping for an apology?

Not really, because I live for it. They're in pain and then you're happy, and then you're married, and then you're dead. I guess I'm just saying that if Fitz and Simmons don't end happily ever after at the end of this final season, I don't know what I'm going to do.
Oh no... don't watch the final episode then. One thing I will say is that as a fan of the show myself and those characters and stuff... I think it's a very satisfying ending for people that stuck with the show this long, in my opinion.

If you don't like it, I apologize. But I think you'll like it.

Was that coupling something that was in the cards from the beginning? I didn't think they were going to do it but then gradually you got the feeling that Fitz had feelings and then it kinda went off the rails from there.
Originally, me and Elizabeth [Henstridge] were really great mates in real life, and we constantly said in interviews, "Oh, they're like brother and sister, they have that kind of relationship, it could almost be incestuous." And then... we kind of didn't find out too much in advance... but I think at the start, we were denying it for so long because it would make it awkward for us to be romantic with each other.

But you get that love story, that's through the credit of the writers and I think, specifically Maurissa [Tancharoen] and Jed [Whedon].
I felt like there was some in there, but it was fighting with his father's influence. Also here's Fitz without Simmons, he was presented with different circumstances, so that made it even worse. We watched a character we love making terrible choices.
It's just another example of how much of an impact those two have on each other and how one doesn't work with the other. Without Simmons in his life, look at what Fitz became. There are some other external forces as well but it's just another example of how much they are one and they come as a package.

In this new season, S.H.I.E.L.D. will have to save Hydra. I immediately think that anything Hydra related is going to bring up bad memories for Fitz.
You're right thinking that, of course, Hydra brings up bad memories. I think he always has to be conscious that that is a side of him... a possible side that lives inside of him. Essentially that's something he always has to keep under check in a very vigilant way I suppose.

If somebody pitched you not even a Fitzsimmons show, but, say, here's "Fitz and a Monkey" as a spin-off series, is that something you'd ever wanna do?
I'll tell you what, if somebody came to me and said, "We'll give you a show with Fitz and his monkey..." and Simmons, Simmons would have to be a requirement... but yeah, then, of course, I would jump on it.

At the same time I really do think that as I said to you earlier, I think that they do give these characters a really good send-off. All the characters in the show are very satisfying and I think that they've had a very good journey. And so if it was something that didn't compromise that, and if it was something that extended that story in a cool way, then, of course, I'd be open to it.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Llywela said:

If Iain De Caestecker is doing press for the show, that gives me hope that we'll see Fitz sooner rather than later...maybe...

I hope so.  The first couple of episodes I didn't miss him too much, there was so much going on but now it feels way past time. 

(edited)

More confirmation that we won't be seeing Hayley Atwell (but EG gives the reason why)...

'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Star Enver Gjokaj Previews Sousa's Future
Emily Aslanian • June 24, 2020 
https://www.tvinsider.com/939453/agents-of-shield-season-7-sousa-enver-gjokaj/ 

When you were asked to reprise this role, did you know that they had this whole storyline in mind, or did you think it’d be a quick cameo?
You know, they just pitched it as what it is. I mean, it is a cameo. It’s a fun, little thing to do and come back. I think you’re going to see that he’s having trouble in this episode, being a part of the team, so it might not be as long as you think, in terms of the cameo.
Are there any other Agent Carter Easter eggs that we’re going to see while you’re still on the show?
Well, I can go ahead and tell you that you won’t be seeing Hayley [Atwell]. She [was], you know, off doing those pesky Mission Impossible movies. But they don’t lose any opportunities to play up the fun with the S.S.R. [Strategic Scientific Reserve] and the S.H.I.E.L.D. type of stuff, and making reference to [Sousa's] history, or what I would call the Agent Carter storyline. They blended it in very well.

If there was ever a chance to reprise Agent Carter in a more permanent fashion, would you be interested?
Oh yeah, absolutely. I hope so. Whether I’m involved with it or not—I’d love to be a part of it—but I’d love more to just find some way to continue that character. The marriage of Hayley Atwell and Peggy Carter, it touched a real timely nerve. I really hope they find some way to keep that going. It seems like it was slightly ahead of its time, just a little bit, by a couple of years, but I have the belief personally that it’s as timely as it’s ever been. And I’m sure that Marvel knows that they’ve really got something there, that combination of Hayley playing this character.

The last thing I’ll say is, it’s kind of rare to see that marriage of person and part, of actor and role, and sometimes it’s just magic. And with Hayley, that’s what it was for Peggy Carter. Whether I’m involved with it or not, I think it’d be a shame not to get something at some point in the future.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, swanpride said:

...the What if story asks the question "what if Peggy Carter had been Captain America"....nothing to do with go "What if" regarding Steve coming back as far as I know.

Quote from the article I linked above"

"It will look at what would happen if Peggy Carter received the Super Soldier Serum and Steve Rogers instead received an armor suit from Howard Stark."

(edited)

How Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Is Paying Tribute To A Firefly Star
ERIK SWANN    JUL. 6. 2020 
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2549534/how-agents-of-shield-is-paying-tribute-to-a-firefly-star 

... Now, as the show enters a new decade, a few new agents will come into the fray and one will serve as a nice tribute to a late Firefly star.
This week’s episode, “The Totally Excellent Adventures of Mack and the D,” will see Mack and Deke join forces with a group of ‘80s agents to battle the Chronicoms. One of these agents will be played by Tipper Newton and, while her full name has yet to be revealed, her first initial and surname are “R. Glass.” This is a nod to the late Ron Glass who starred as Shepherd Derrial Book on Firefly and appeared during the first season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Dr. Streiten:
e6530ee048bb8577cd78ac6576f20f953a2b76d5

S.H.I.E.L.D. fans will likely remember that Streiten was the head doctor who oversaw Phil Coulson’s resurrection following his initial death at the hands of Loki. And after Coulson would learn more regarding the circumstances of his return, Streiten would break down and reveal everything to him. The choice to name a new agent after an actor who played a key character is a sweet move on the producers’ parts.

Given the actor’s working relationship with Joss Whedon and S.H.I.E.L.D. showrunners Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen wanted to pay homage to him. You can check out Newton’s character down below:
2c09aef8eab63cd5b9f13fa53c92b7955d7551b5

Of course, Tipper Newton’s R. Glass will be joined by a team of ragtag S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. This includes a currently unnamed agent played by Jolene Anderson. Nothing is known about the character at this point, but she definitely looks tough:
69df6f21196d181149efe16840bbfdf349981a74

Rounding out the group is the Chang siblings, who are played by Matt Yuan and John Yuan and, if they’re anything like the Koenig brothers, they’re sure to be a lot of fun:
614764115a67c895e5eaa8580e42bcb94b726ced 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Not sure...this is pre-Daisy. He might not know him yet. But Gordon should already be around. Ward btw too, but he is just a baby.

Less a spoiler more a wish...but I REALLY hope that before Coulson gets a proper body, he is making a stint as a voice in Lola! Please, please, please writers make this happen.

On 7/10/2020 at 12:27 AM, swanpride said:

Not sure...this is pre-Daisy. He might not know him yet. But Gordon should already be around. Ward btw too, but he is just a baby.

Less a spoiler more a wish...but I REALLY hope that before Coulson gets a proper body, he is making a stint as a voice in Lola! Please, please, please writers make this happen.

Well we are in 1984, assuming next episode is within the 27 day window.  Skye/Daisy might just be older than expected but I am guessing pre Daisy. Dealing with the super natural and not just supertech the Afterlife In(Nu)humans should have less problems than most when confronted with the situation.

There is no need to guess. Daisy was born on July 2, 1988. Best day ever. It's a date which is established in dialogue instead of just a prop, so they will hardly change it now.

Fitzsimmons are btw from 1987, Daisy is the youngest of the bunch.

• Love 3
(edited)

From Marvel video below - EH announced that she directed next week's episode (7x09) and revealed that it's a Daisy-heavy episode. EH also said that some of the information about Fitz this season "will come directly from Fitz" but she didn't say which episode(s). EH also commented on various scenes from different seasons' episodes (including the FitzSimmons wedding scene)...

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Star Offers Update on If/When We'll See MIA Fitz
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 15 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/07/15/agents-of-shield-season-7-fitz-returns-iain-de-caestecker/ 

Appearing in a Marvel.com video interview, Elizabeth Henstridge first shared her own big news — that she quietly made her directorial debut, with the S.H.I.E.L.D. episode airing next Wednesday, July 22. But before the Q&A came to an end, Henstridge was invited to address the elephant in the Zephyr: When (if ever) during this 13-episode farewell season will Iain De Caestecker resurface as Fitz?

“I know, there are so many questions!” the actress acknowledged. “So, yes, we’re going to find out more about where he is and why — and some of that information is going to come from Jemma. We’ll find out more in the next couple of episodes. And some of the information… will come directly from Fitz. That’s all I can say!” (And no, this isn’t some game of semantics: De Caestecker will appear on-screen, finally.)

Elizabeth Henstridge Talks Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. New Season LIVE!
Marvel Entertainment   Streamed live on Jul 15, 2020

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Elizabeth Henstridge on Directing a Time Loop Episode Full of Moments Both Comedic... and Tragic
Matt Webb Mitovich  July 22, 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/07/22/agents-of-shield-season-7-episode-9-preview-elizabeth-henstridge-director-time-loop/

TVLINE | Lastly, and you touched on this last week: Once we finally do see Fitz (played by Iain de Caestecker) again, is it going to be worth the wait? Will his fans, will the FitzSimmons fans, be sated?
It will definitely be worth the wait. it will help to explain a lot of what has happened this season. And as always, Iain de Caestecker is incredible, so he’s not going to let anyone down.

TVLINE | Was Iain off doing another project? Was he not available for this first stretch of the season?
Oh, the “FitzSimmons saga”…. Who knows the rhyme or reason. But all will be revealed soon. I can’t exactly say when or in what capacity, but questions will definitely get answered.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Duo Break Down Time Loop's Tragic Twist — Plus, Did Enoch Just Tease the Series Finale?
Matt Webb Mitovich  July 22, 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/07/22/agents-of-shield-recap-season-7-episode-9-time-loop-death/

WHAT ABOUT FITZ?
Alas, one thing that viewers did not get from Enoch’s send-off was a final moment between him and his good friend Leopold Fitz, who thus far this season has been off-screen (we think). Stoffer himself lamented the lack of a goodbye. “I wish there had been some way to do that…,” he shared. “His presence was very much felt in that scene, and that was all that could be done in terms of closure for the two of them. But I think that [the story] will come back to Fitz and what exactly happened [with him]. There will be a sense of that later.”

‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Star Elizabeth Henstridge on Directing Tonight’s Time Loop Episode
Christina Radish   July 22, 2020
https://collider.com/agents-of-shield-season-7-episode-9-elizabeth-henstridge-director-interview/

It’s been too long since we’ve gotten to see Fitz. Jemma has obviously been addressing his absence a bit more, in the recent episodes, but we still haven’t gotten a chance to see him. What can you say about that? Will we be getting some answers soon? Will we finally be getting more and more information now, through the end of the season?
HENSTRIDGE:
Yes. I share in your pain. It has been too long since we’ve seen him. We’ll definitely get answers. We’ll get to know where he is and why he’s there, and what’s happening. We’ll get to know some of that from Jemma. In Episode 709, you do get some glimpses into what might be going on there. And soon, you will hear directly from Fitz, what is going on, which I’m sure will be a relief to a lot of people.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

More speculation than spoilery, but I'm posting this article here (just to be safe)...

Is Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Enoch Really Gone For Good?
LAURA HURLEY    JUL. 27. 2020
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2551209/is-agents-of-shields-enoch-really-gone-for-good

... Now, however, the question is whether or not Enoch is gone for good. Fortunately, actor Joel Stoffer spoke with CinemaBlend to shed some light.

When I noted that nobody is ever necessarily gone for good in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Joel Stoffer said this about whether we could see Enoch again:

"I mean, as you say, in the MCU, anything is possible. Clearly, Enoch is dead, but you know, I can't say anything more about that. Other than Marvel has all kinds of cards up their sleeves."

Well, if you were holding out hope that Enoch just needs a new Electrochron Displacement Mechanism and a jumpstart to come back to life in the next couple of weeks, Joel Stoffer made it very clear that Enoch is indeed dead. If he does somehow appear again in Season 7, it seemingly won't be as simple as replacing his parts, rebooting him, and getting him back to business as usual keeping FitzSimmons' secrets.

Of course, Enoch is arguably the member of the S.H.I.E.L.D. team circa Season 7 who could most easily turn up in an MCU project despite dying. He lived for thousands of years before his tragic death in "As I Have Always Been," so he could appear in any Marvel show or movie set prior to 2020. Time travel is also a factor in the MCU now, and Enoch being dead now doesn't have to mean no more Enoch ever.

When I noted Enoch's potential to pop up in other MCU projects, Joel Stoffer answered:

"Right. I would be open to that. I have not been approached, but I'd be open to it."
Enoch is clearly dead... but only in the present. With Iain De Caestecker returning to S.H.I.E.L.D. before the final credits roll, I'm guessing that the show will deliver some flashbacks to Fitz and Simmons' time away as they were inventing time travel, building the Zephyr, figuring out how to save humanity, and maybe starting a family with a secret daughter.

If there are some FitzSimmons flashbacks to their time away, doesn't it stand to reason that Enoch would appear in them? He was Fitz's best friend, after all, and it seemed like he had been instrumental in their mission for the long time they were gone from the rest of their team. If he was with Fitz and Simmons, and if there are flashbacks, Enoch could totally appear again in Season 7 without undoing his death!

Admittedly, there are too many "ifs" there for fans to take it as fact that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will deliver some Fitzsimmons flashbacks featuring Enoch, but I think the odds are pretty good at this point. A lot may depend on how much Fitz is actually featured in Season 7. After all, if he only turns up in the tag of the penultimate episode and joins the action in the series finale -- or worse, doesn't appear until the finale at all -- there might not be any time for some expository flashbacks.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Agents of SHIELD star teases "great payoff" in season 7 finale
BY AMY WEST AND IAN SANDWELL      26/07/2020
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a33425525/agents-of-shield-joel-stoffer-payoff-season-7-finale/

Agents of SHIELD star Joel Stoffer has teased that fans should expect to be satisfied by the Marvel show's season 7 finale.

The actor's time on the comic book series may have come to an abrupt end recently, when his character Chronicom Enoch Coltrane sacrificed himself in order to save the Zephyr – and subsequently, Daisy (Chloe Bennet) and Coulson (Clark Gregg) – in the final season's ninth episode.
"I mean, they don't want to share too much, so there's not much that I can share," Joel told Digital Spy. "But I think there's a great payoff from what I understand at the end, for sure."

Elsewhere during the chat, Stoffer touched on the idea of a spin-off series that focuses on the years where Enoch worked as a bartender, when the group left him behind after carrying out a time-travelling mission back in 1931.

"That would be so much fun, especially if they get to include Patton [Oswalt]," he joked.

"I'm not holding my breath on that, but it's Marvel, so you never know. You never know what might come."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

I suspect the show will end similar to Continuum.  In that show, the main character--who was trying to get back to her son--finally made it back to (a better) future but she found an alternate version of herself and her family.   Even though she knew they were living better lives, she could never be a part of it.    Short of some "it never happened" reset, I think getting back to the future and finding it populated by alternate versions of themselves is the only way this works.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Joel Stoffer is listed as a guest star in episode 11. Maybe we are going to what happen to Enoch, Fitz and Simmons. I hope they don’t try and cram all of that into the finale. 

4 hours ago, Maverick said:

I suspect the show will end similar to Continuum.  In that show, the main character--who was trying to get back to her son--finally made it back to (a better) future but she found an alternate version of herself and her family.   Even though she knew they were living better lives, she could never be a part of it.    Short of some "it never happened" reset, I think getting back to the future and finding it populated by alternate versions of themselves is the only way this works.  

I thought that was a possibility until they killed of Jiaying. There have been so many changes (most for the worst) that I’m expecting so my kind of reset. 

Edited by Guest

This bit about the finale, from TVline.com

Any spoilers on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s Jemma? — Claire
Any and all remaining questions you have about Jemma, Fitz, “Diana,” etcetera will be answered — in tremendous (if sometimes brain-twisting) detail — in the second half of Wednesday’s two-hour series finale. Also, when you get to the Marvel drama’s very final scene, you’ll be kicking yourself for not seeing it coming.

Also go to link to see the promo photos for the series finale...

Agents of SHIELD - Episode 7.12 - 7.13 (Series Finale) - Promo, Full Set of Promotional Photos + Full Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at August 06, 2020
https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/08/agents-of-shield-episode-712-713-series.html 

THE TWO-HOUR ‘MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.’ SERIES FINALE
AIRS WEDNESDAY, AUG. 12

Iain De Caestecker Returns for the Final Mission

Fan Favorites Briana Venskus, Maximilian Osinski, Coy Stewart and Joel Stoffer
to Make Special Appearances

“The End is at Hand/What We’re Fighting For” – With their backs against the wall and Nathaniel and Sibyl edging ever closer to eliminating S.H.I.E.L.D. from the history books, the agents must rely on their strengths to outsmart and outlast the Chronicoms. This is their most important fight, and it will take the help of friends and teammates, past and present, to survive. Watch the special two-hour series finale of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” WEDNESDAY, AUG. 12 (9:00 – 11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Director Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie, Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena “Yo-Yo” Rodriguez and Jeff Ward as Deke Shaw.

Guest starring in “The End is at Hand” is Tamara Taylor, Thomas E. Sullivan, Dianne Doan, James Paxton, Stephen Bishop, with Bill Cobbs and Enver Gjokaj.

“The End is at Hand” is written by Jeffrey Bell and directed by Chris Cheramie.

Guest starring in “What We’re Fighting For” is Joel Stoffer, Thomas E. Sullivan, Dianne Doan, Briana Venskus, Stephen Bishop, Maximilian Osinski, Coy Stewart, with Tamara Taylor and Enver Gjokaj.

“What We’re Fighting For” is written by Jed Whedon and directed by Kevin Tancharoen.

ETA: Here's the source link for the TVLine blurb that's quoted in the previous post above...
https://tvline.com/2020/08/06/lucifer-spoilers-season-5-episode-5-emotional-reveal/ 

Edited by tv echo

No major spoilers revealed, but posting here (just to be safe)...

‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’: Iain De Caestecker on FitzSimmons, the Final Season & Saying Goodbye
BY CHRISTINA RADISH      AUGUST 6, 2020
https://collider.com/agents-of-shield-iain-de-caestecker-interview-final-season/ 

While the actors are saying goodbye to their characters, Collider got on the phone to chat 1-on-1 with actor Iain De Caestecker (who plays Leo Fitz, also known as one half of FitzSimmons) about the progression of the characters over the season, how S.H.I.E.L.D. is more than just a superhero show, whether FitzSimmons will get their happy ending, building friendships that will last beyond the TV series, and the mementos he got to take home from the set.

Collider: This started out as a seemingly straightforward show about the work of human S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in a world where superheroes exist, but it’s since evolved into so much more, with time travel and robots and space. What has most surprised you about where things ended up, from where they began?
IAIN DE CAESTECKER: I suppose the progression of the characters, really, and how the show became something more than a superhero show. That was always something really cool about it. When you look at someone like Elizabeth [Henstridge], who has a real special way of conveying emotions, in a very honest and truthful way, which brings up an element of reality to even the most fantastical situations. That’s something that I always really thought was cool about it, seeing characters develop, in a real way, and seeing real relationships be explored in the world of a sci-fi show. It is fantasy. Seeing it portrayed in an honest way is always something which I find quite exciting and appealing. I’d never really had the chance to portray some of the scenes and situations and circumstances that I have, with this show, going into space, being in spaceships, and meeting aliens, and all of that stuff. If I was to speak to my nine-year-old self and tell him that I was going to do all of these things on a TV show, I’d think it was the coolest thing in the world.

This is not exactly the first go-around that FitzSimmons have had when it comes to being separated by space and time. Is there anything that you can say to give hope to the fans that just want them to have a happy ending?
DE CAESTECKER: No. I can’t give anything away. With this being the last season, I think the writers did a great job of finishing it. For me, as a fan of the show, they tied things up in a very satisfying way. That’s all I can really say. You must get so bored because we can never really tell you anything.

How challenging has it been to develop that FitzSimmons dynamic, have viewers fall in love with them, and have them finally realize their feelings for each other, only to keep having them be torn apart?
DE CAESTECKER: The last time we see Fitz and Simmons together, at the end of Season 6, Enoch basically says, “We have to do something, but you’re not gonna like it.” And you see them say, “Yeah, yeah, yeah.” They’re used to it. It wouldn’t be FitzSimmons without some surprise and upset. But every time, you see them come out the other side.
What’s it been like to be a part of the final season of a show that you’ve been on for six seasons, prior to that, but you also couldn’t really be a full part of that season and the team isn’t allowed to know where you are? Was it hard to not be there for every episode of the last season?
DE CAESTECKER: Well, I can’t say what happens with being in the episodes of the last season. But regardless of anything else, as much as it’s sad that the show is ending, we’re all still are very good friends and we have a strong relationship that will go on past the show, which is a nice thing. In that sense, for us, the show won’t end when the show ends, which is a nice thought.

How did your first day on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. compare to your last day on the show, and how different did you feel, from who you were when you started on the show, to who you were when you wrapped on the show?
DE CAESTECKER: When I first started, I was a bit younger, mentally. By the end of it, I felt lucky to be on something like that and have the people at the very top cultivate such a lovely atmosphere. It’s very cliché to say, and I’m sure everyone says it, but they really made it into a family environment. Part of that is because, when you’re on set, you see more of who you’re working with than your family, and you spend all of your time with them. Really quickly, they become like family to you. I left with a whole new group of people in my life, that I’m extremely close to and that I can count on and that I’ll be friends with forever. They’re people that I know and trust. You certainly couldn’t ask for much more than that, could you?

Did you get to take any props or mementos home from the set that represented your character, or are you trying to get anything from the set?
DE CAESTECKER: They were giving out costumes, I just kept on putting it off. I was like, “I’ll go get my costume on another day. I’ll take it on Monday.” I think I have one of Framework Fitz’s suits and ties. I’ve got a bunch of other things from different seasons, as well. I have mostly prop stuff, rather than costume stuff. I’ve got a watch that Fitz wore, and I’ve got my S.H.I.E.L.D. badge. I’ve got a few different things. I didn’t take more stuff, but I could have. For a Marvel thing, the security wasn’t that tight. And I was in with the security guys. I could have taken the chairs and the pool table. I regret that I didn’t take more stuff. I should really have six or seven iPads at home, by now.

I know you can’t give spoilers, but will we have answers, by the end of this season? Will we feel like we have closure with a lot of the things that we’re waiting for closure on?
DE CAESTECKER: I can’t really say. All I can say is that, like the writers have always done with this show, they’re gonna take you on a nail-biting journey and take you in directions that you don’t see coming. And there’s usually a satisfying ending because that’s what they’re good at. That would be my short and probably quite annoying statement.

Edited by tv echo

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Series Finale Sneak Peek: As Daisy Heads Into Battle, There's Something Sousa Must Do
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 11 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/08/11/agents-of-shield-series-finale-video-daisy-sousa/ 

In the exclusive sneak peek above, the Quinjet has caught up to and docked with the hijacked Zephyr… which in turn gets pulled into the hangar of a Chronicom cruiser helmed by Sybil. As Daisy scans the ship to get a bead on Jemma and Deke, she also discovers someone else on board. Someone who might stand in the way of a rescue mission.

In the clip above, as Mack (Henry Simmons) and Sousa stay behind to plot an eventual getaway plan, Daisy heads off to infiltrate the Chronicom cruiser and find their friends. Press play above to see Sousa wish Daisy “good luck.”

Agents of SHIELD 7x12 Sneak Peek Series Finale
TVLine   Aug 11, 2020

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Stars Tease FitzSimmons' Reunion & Reflect on the Show's Legacy
Meredith Jacobs • August 11, 2020 
https://www.tvinsider.com/944829/agents-of-shield-final-season-legacy-fitzsimmons-reunion/ 

FitzSimmons' Finale Reunion
Scientists Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) and Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) have been separated for the entire final season. She's been with the team, traveling through time, while her husband's whereabouts are unknown. Looking ahead to the reunion, "it's not exactly what you might hope for, at least to begin with," Henstridge previewed. "It's got a nice FitzSimmons complicated filter."

"It's the typical roller coaster that comes along with their relationship," De Caestecker added.
And reflecting on their characters' past separations, both actors pointed to the first one — when Simmons was undercover with the evil HYDRA and Fitz had suffered brain damage while on the job — as the toughest one. "I remember just finding those scenes so hard to get through," Henstridge said. "It was the first time I couldn't help Fitz. I wasn't the one who was helping him through it, and Iain played that so well."
Final Season Nostalgia
The final season saw the team traveling through time on their mission, which allowed them to pay tribute to the show's mythology and characters as well as introduce new perspectives. "We approached this year with the idea of trying to make sure we hit all the notes we wanted to before we were done," Whedon explained. "There was a lot of thought about the fan experience this year and trying to make a free-for-all kitchen sink season," exploring loose ends and rewarding fans who tuned in over the years.

It wasn't just about nostalgia, Bell added, though that did play a significant role. Examining the characters and S.H.I.E.L.D.'s pasts "allows us to look at those things ... with a fresh lens," he said.

"I think the writers did a good job with giving everyone a little bit in the last very few episodes we had," Cordova-Buckley noted. "Everyone got to have their emotional climax and it be related to the superpower, hindering them, somehow." It gave them each something to "work through humanly, not just as a superhero or within S.H.I.E.L.D. or how we're going to fix this problem, universally."
Will This Be the Last Time They Play These Characters?
After Henstridge named Black Widow as the Marvel property she'd like to play Simmons in, De Caestecker noted that she "chose" for them since they're a package deal. Ward, on the other hand, thinks it would be fun to see Deke in Black Panther.

Gregg, Bennet, and Enver Gjokaj are all open to reprising their roles at some point in the future as well. "I feel like I've really put in some time," Gregg joked, but added, "it's hard for me to imagine saying no" to playing Coulson again.

Edited by tv echo