Type keyword(s) to search

Clearance Level 10: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

It's kind of a Whedon "thing" to start setting off the big story fireworks late in a show's season. If this spoiler is true then I think the first plot-mortar has been fired skyward. Whether it's a dud or goes off spectacularly remains to be seen, but it's better than the sparklers and firecrackers we've gotten so far. Thanks for sharing the link, Cranberry.

Spoil away!

I read a detailed summary of Tuesday's episode on Reddit (massively spoilery, obviously). Not sure if it's accurate, but it sounds intriguing! This show could really use a shakeup.

Whoa!!! Thanks for that link.  

I can't believe that Simmons transferred to Triskelion! That's insane. Also, Fitz is on the run from May? And everyone is marked for death? The next few episodes sound like they're going to be INSANE. 

There's a movie thread in this forum that is already marked spoilers if you want to talk about connections between the show and the movie you can do it there.

• Love 1

Those photos of Episode 18 are a kind of WTF ?

-- Garrett and Ward hanging out with Quinn and Raina (wearing what else, a flower dress) in what looks like the basement of a castle or old villa, complete with lots of disfigured bodies that Raina is supervising the post-mortem.  How do Quinn and Raina get loose, unless the shutdown of SHIELD unlocks all the doors at the Fridge, the Sandbox, etc.
-- Garrett beside a container that controls gravitational fields. Are they moving the blob of gravitonium somewhere ?
-- Triplettt and Coulson in the loading ramp of the Bus (with Ward and Garrett together, does that mean that Garrett and Triplett have a falling out ?)

I posted that in the CapAm/Shield thread by mistake, it's better here :

I'm calling it now, based on the promo pics : Ward switches to Garrett's side (either he's a traitor, or, more likely, he'll somehow get convinced by Garrett to switch sides because "it's the right thing to do for the world/Shield"), but he'll be a reluctant traitor, and will end up back on Coulson's side, not because it's the right thing to do, but because of his feelings for Skye.

Episode S01.E17 Turn, Turn, Turn went live on Hulu this morning and was quickly pulled, but not before numerous people saw it.  Based on comments of people who have seen it, it looks like:

-- Garrett is the Clairvoyant
-- Ward is a Hydra agent
-- Hand gets killed

Why couldn't a stray bullet ricochet find Skye (who still has no last name), and improve the show by leaps and bounds ?  Or is she immortal now due to the GH325 ?

Also based on the comments of people who have seen it, Skye was entertaining and fun this episode.

I called Ward being Hydra and Garrett being bad, but not Garrett being the Clairvoyant (really?) or Hand dying this early! Apparently May's actually responsible for starting Coulson's group, as well. This episode apparently changes the show a lot. Now I really can't wait to see it!

Couple of spoilery articles, all about Ward:

Interview with Brett Dalton

Interview with producers Jeff Bell and Jeph Loeb

This is good news, although this worries me a bit:

LOEB: But we want to caution everybody that just in the same way that our team is going to be divided, we expect that there are people out there — particularly if you’ve seen Winter Soldier, and you know the story of the Winter Soldier and you know the story of what Hydra is capable of doing to your mind — who will ask, what is the reality of who you can trust? And whether or not a person is all bad, made bad, might not be bad…it’s all good stuff.

So what does this mean for the team going forward? Trust issues aside, everyone seems like they’re going to be on edge.

BELL:
That’s our hope. I believe the team will be split on what does this mean for Ward? Is he a good guy? Is he a bad guy? Is he being controlled? Does he have a reason for doing this? And then we also have divisions within the team, so for us, it’s a chance to tell really compelling stories that focuses on our characters. So with the emotional stuff that Jeph was talking about, the movies blow S.H.I.E.L.D. up and then we get to spend several episodes exploring the consequences of that. And who can you trust,what does it mean to be loyal to S.H.I.E.L.D., what does it mean to work for S.H.I.E.L.D.? What does it mean when everyone you believed in has been a lie? Has it been a lie? Those are the things that are really fun for me to work with.

They could still go back on Ward truly being bad -- he could even be mind-controlled (unfortunately).

• Love 1

Is it definitive that one of the people on the bus is HYDRA, or is that just speculation?

Depends on whether you see Ward as a triple agent or not.  Right now, yes. Ward is Hydra.  But who knows what the writers are intending.  There was a lovely EW interview with the writers where they said that they'd been setting up Ward as the mole from the get-go. 

It's a pity to lose Hand, but if it serves the story, makes the show better, I will survive it. Might take a couple of months of recovery and some extra hours in the gym to work out a bit of anger, but will survive.

But they will have to make this sacrifice really make worth it. No easy way back for Ward, no sob-story, no brainwashing, no special snowflake Skye magic true love bringing him back. As far as I'm concerned they can still make him struggle with having build personal connections without turning him into some soft bad guy, and of course those left behind at the bus have to have major issues with this betrayal, but no easy coming back for Ward if ever. Make it count.

Edited by katusch
  • Love 1

I'd forgotten about this spoiler until it reared its ugly head again on tumblr. At Paley Fest they confirmed that whatever audition scene EH and IdC did as FitzSimmons was going to appear in the season finale. According to this, from an interview with Jeph Loeb it sounds dramatic and sad and they'd better not kill off my FitzSimmons. 

It also says that Joss wrote the scene specifically for the audition. Meaning, I think, just for potential Fitz's and Simmons's just to get an idea of their chemistry, not anything that was actually going to be filmed or used. This doesn't mean you don't have to worry about Fitz or Simmons, only that I don't think you need to worry based on this particular piece of information.

It also says that Joss wrote the scene specifically for the audition. Meaning, I think, just for potential Fitz's and Simmons's just to get an idea of their chemistry, not anything that was actually going to be filmed or used. This doesn't mean you don't have to worry about Fitz or Simmons, only that I don't think you need to worry based on this particular piece of information.

No, at PaleyFest, they confirmed that that same scene was being used in the finale. Probably edited-- well, hopefully edited. 

Oh. Well, I wasn't at PaleyFest, I was only going by what that interview said. Anyway, knowing Joss he might very well kill Fitz and/or Simmons, but maybe it will just be a matter of them THINKING they're going to die. After all, Simmons was so sure she was going to die from the Chitauri elctro-virus she threw herself out of the plane and that turned out okay.

Another sneak peek. 

If you listen carefully you can hear the radio announcer having a debate about Hydra versus SHIELD. Sounds like there's a politician campaigning against SHIELD? 

Something I noticed while watching this promo is that FitzSimmons are wearing lanyards.  Which means they've presumably passed the lie detector test. Curiously, you can also catch Ward wearing one later when he's marching down the hall. 

Edited by HistoryGirl
  • Love 1

Based on those preview photos, it does look like Coulson/May covertly enter Cybertek facilities -- and are apparently interviewed by two scientists (complete with stenographer in attendance) in a conference room and Coulson appears to be presenting the Cybertek techs with a piece of tech(nology) in the conference room, possibly to negotiate access to the file room. They end up going through a file room looking for hard-copy files -- the one file they show appears to be for Garrett as the body pictured has the same artificial body panel on the left torso that Garrett displayed a couple of episodes ago.

I seriously doubt that Cybertek wouldn't have recent photos of Fitz/Simmons -- so unless their is some sort of tech at work to physically disguise them, it seems like a BS move in the script. Then again, Coulson as Fitz is wearing glasses (but Fitz doesn't wear glasses), and May as Simmons is wearing glasses (but Simmons doesn't wear glasses), so I think the glasses are the tech at work.

I guess that also solves the riddle of whether May gets back together with the team or not (she does), and if Coulson and crew escape from Col. Talbot and the US military at the 'Cabin-in-the-Woods'/Providence (they do).  I also wouldn't be surprised if Col. Talbot followed the plane back from Portland, since they didn't appear to be doing anything to disguise/stealth the plane on the return flight.

Coulson/May's clothes are very similar and worn in the same way (Coulson's sweater buttons are all done up except the bottom one) -- even May's hair is parted the same way Simmons has her hair. Plus, May is smiling in that one photo (nearly inconceivable), and even sits like Simmons at the table (back straight, hands clasped together on the table).

Sarahastro, I think you are closer to the truth than you think.

I wonder if Coulson/May will try and pull off the accents as well.

I was just joking about them going undercover as FitzSimmons, although based on the outfits, it's possible that they did borrow clothes from them.

Oh 100% it looks like they borrowed from FitzSimmons.  Coulson is hands down wearing a Fitz sweater and dress shirt.  In fact I'm almost certain he's worn that very same top combination (or a reasonably close facimile) recently. lol

That preview was actually pretty decent -- May was badass, as always, and Hill name dropped enough tidbits during her phone call to keep things interesting.

I also like that since May hasn't seen a body, she won't believe that Fury is dead.

Not really a spoiler, but putting it here just to be safe. I was thinking that Ward might die in the finale, but now that Chloe Bennet has included him in her tweet about season two, I'm not so sure.

(Absent from that tweet: Iain de Caestecker, but I wouldn't read too much into it. He does have a Twitter account, but he doesn't use it very often and hasn't been participating in the livetweeting of each episode.) 

Not really a spoiler, but putting it here just to be safe. I was thinking that Ward might die in the finale, but now that Chloe Bennet has included him in her tweet about season two, I'm not so sure.

(Absent from that tweet: Iain de Caestecker, but I wouldn't read too much into it. He does have a Twitter account, but he doesn't use it very often and hasn't been participating in the livetweeting of each episode.) 

He also seems to acknowledge that he has no desire to tweet or be on twitter.  I live in hope. 

Phew! Glad I'm not the only one who was paranoid about his exclusion.  Still worried about the finale though...

I'll go to say that the link I'm going to post has spoilers for the Avengers Age of Ultron...so if you click on it, be prepared!

HOWEVER, the piece that has to do with Agents of Shield is apparently Agent Triplett is in the movie!  The shoot that they have a video of, apparently BJ Britt had reported for the shoot.  So, that's an interesting piece of news....I wonder if any other Agents of Shield agents are going to appear in the movie.

Here's the link if you want to check it out.  He's not in the video, but he is barely mentioned in the article:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/new-video-from-the-avengers-age-of-ultron-set-88968102782.html

This video was taken by a set hunter who happened to live right next door to where they were filming an upcoming episode of AOS.  He mentions the actor chair with N.I.C.K on it and how he'd thought it was Nick Fury's chair, but SLJ wasn't on set.  This is likely Nick Blood's chair, I would guess?  And he's probably the assassin in the clip that he has. 

Also-- a Kree!!!!!!! 

And BJ Britt/Tripp is back! 

• Love 4