Type keyword(s) to search

Clearance Level 10: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Just Here said:

First 17 Minutes of the Season 5 Premiere (airs Friday, December 1st):

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Season 5 Premiere Special Preview

That is how you wash away a royal stink

• Love 2

Impressive preview.  I wonder how many viewers will return to watching live on Friday  after the Inhumans? (I only made through to the 3rd episode before realizing it was never coming out of the tailspin of crappy-ness.)

Very good special effects - - but then we get back to the old problems : too dark to tell what is happening (could not tell what the problem with May was).
... and I have never been a fan of the constant bickering...

1 hour ago, shrewd.buddha said:

Impressive preview.  I wonder how many viewers will return to watching live on Friday  after the Inhumans? (I only made through to the 3rd episode before realizing it was never coming out of the tailspin of crappy-ness.)

Very good special effects - - but then we get back to the old problems : too dark to tell what is happening (could not tell what the problem with May was).
... and I have never been a fan of the constant bickering...

Coming out of the white monolith transfer she found her leg impaled. Basically first aid says keep it there rather than bleed out. Movie medicine has her remove it. I guess it will be used to cover her real life injury so Daisy will get the martial arts jobs 

Spoiler Room: Scoop on SHIELD, SVU, Hawaii Five-0 and more
Natalie Abrams November 30, 2017 AT 12:00 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/30/spoiler-room-agents-shield-svu-hawaii-five-0/

Are the Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. actually in space or just another Framework? — Marcus
I can confirm that Team S.H.I.E.L.D. is definitely in space, but the Framework will come back into play in a very surprising (and revealing) way soon.

Edited by tv echo

Soooo, now that we “know” whats going on this season...Im real curious to how Hunter fits in to this story. I think he’s Fitz’s ally on the ground, so to speak. He’s been there before for Fitz, so Fitz contacts him for help?

I’m bummed that we’re in the future. There goes Bobby piloting a space ship for an eleventh hour rescue....

8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, according to spoilertv, episode 5 is where we'll get the Fitz backstory to what's been going on. So does that mean we don't even get Fitz until episode 5? Also, that's Hunter's first episode back, so at least Fitz has him. It still isn't ideal. What, is it going to end up being Fitz/Hunter against The World in terms of believing the team is out there and alive? 

Dang. Five episodes without Fitz? Did Iain need time off? That bums me out. Does five episodes without Fitz mirror when Simmons went through the monolith?

I’m glad Fitz has Hunter. I bet Fitz is going to be super freaked about this whole thing. Like, he’s being punished for the framework. I wonder if we’re going to see the return of super driven Fitz searching for Gemma. 

How 'Agents Of Shield' Season 5 Connects To 'Avengers: Infinity War'
Sydney Bucksbaum   Nov. 30, 2017
https://www.bustle.com/p/how-agents-of-shield-season-5-connects-to-avengers-infinity-war-6738562

... So when the MCU began to go into the great unknown of space for Thor: Ragnarok and the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War, SHIELD decided to go for it too.
"You're right: it's a thematic tie [to the MCU]," executive producer Jed Whedon says, sitting on the set of SHIELD next to the giant Quinjet while celebrating reaching 100 episodes. "We try to make it feel like that the whole thing is moving in this swelling direction. We're not in space for no reason. We wouldn't have gone there if they hadn't."
"We try to a little bit follow in the wake of the films as they plot new territory in the MCU," Whedon explains. "Last year that was magic with Dr. Strange. We felt like Ghost Rider all of a sudden fit into our show in a way that we didn’t necessarily feel like he would have before, tonally."

And that's how SHIELD decided to go into space for Season 5. "This is us expanding out even further into the world of space which they very much are living in now in the features," Whedon says. "It's the great unknown and we hadn't explored it yet."
So the goal the showrunners set out with this season was inspired by Daisy's speech in the diner that says, "'If we go down, we go down together. We're in this together,'" Whedon says. "We wanted to create a situation where that would occur. And then, putting that family together in an intense situation will end up causing drama internally, inevitably."
"What I would say is the deal he made with Ghost Rider at the end of Season 4, that debt will come due at some point," Gregg says, while head of Marvel TV Jeph Loeb stared daggers at him lest he reveal anything more. "I think it just raises the stakes on everything going forward."

Avengers: Infinity War Probably Won’t Affect Agents of SHIELD
By Matthew Erao  December 6, 2017
https://screenrant.com/agents-shield-avengers-infinity-war-crossover-effect/

When season 4 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ended by bringing the team into space, it seemed impossible that the show and Avengers: Infinity War wouldn’t somehow connect. After all, how could the now spaced-based agents not pitch in when Thanos came calling. But the season 5 premiere of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. threw a spanner into the works by establishing that events were not only set in the future, but that the Earth had been destroyed. It’s all but guaranteed that Marvel’s flagship TV series will react to Avengers 3 when it arrives toward the end of season 5 in May, but Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. already be tying into Infinity War?
With the one-two punch of the Avengers: Infinity War teaser trailer finally dropping and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. revealing season 5 is set in a future where the Earth has been destroyed, it didn’t take long for fans to start wondering if the Mad Titan was responsible. There’s no doubt that Thanos coming to Earth and gathering the Infinity Stones will have a monumental impact on the MCU, and Avengers 4 will likely deal with the fallout of the film. But even if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn’t get renewed for another season, it will still have a number of episodes set to follow the debut of Avengers: Infinity War.
The big issue with this theory, however, is that while the writers of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. certainly know the story and fallout of Infinity War at this point, it’s hard to imagine season 5 of the show is built around a spoiler for the end of Avengers: Infinity War. A more likely scenario is that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is in one version of the future.
When Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. revealed it wasn’t set in the present, many began assuming this would free the show from having to tie into the films. This idea only works if the show is set in the past, though, as being in the future means they have even more of the MCU to address. It’s clear the agents are at least 100 years past the point of the Earth being destroyed, making the writing a continuity minefield if it’s supposed to address everything that will happen in the films. But with the Time and Reality Stone in play for Avengers: Infinity War, it seems more likely the agents are merely in one version of the future.
Even if Thanos isn’t responsible, it seems safe to assume the show is either in an alternate timeline or will somehow travel back home later in the season to prevent what’s unfolding. And given how most season’s of the show have been at least thematically, if not narratively, tied to Marvel’s biggest film of the year, there’s a good chance the destruction of the Earth and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s future setting will have something to do with Avengers: Infinity War.

Edited by tv echo

On FitsSimmons and Philinda...

‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ cast and crew weigh in: Are FitzSimmons really cursed?
Michal Schick   DECEMBER 5, 2017
https://www.hypable.com/agents-of-shield-cast-and-crew-fitzsimmons-philinda/

... So we went right to the source to see if the minds behind Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. have actually hexed these two star-crossed scientists to eternal misery.

“No,” insist showrunners Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen. “If you stick through the season,” Tancharoen adds, “You will be…”

“Iain’s still on the show,” Whedon interjects. “It’ll be fine!”

Elizabeth Henstridge is just as vehemently optimistic about the couple’s prospects.

“NO!” she says, when asked if she believes that FitzSimmons are cursed. “I don’t! No, I don’t. I think they’re members of S.H.I.E.L.D., is what they are.”
Her on-screen love Iain DeCaestecker also insists that he “definitely” does not believe in the curse.

“They’ve faced some real tough shit,” he says. “But no, I think the reason they’re not cursed is because often, through it all, they manage to find a way through it together. And they don’t work as well seperately[sic] as they to do together — they kind of complete each other when they’re together. That sounds really cheesy doesn’t it!” he laughs.

Chloe Bennet and Clark Gregg each describe themselves as ardent FitzSimmons shippers (“The universe just tortures people like me,” Gregg says) and encourage fans to look to the future.

“They don’t know what’s happening this season, do they!” Bennet teases of despairing fans. “Listen, friction creates growth, so they are just going to become even better. So the more that they go through, the stronger of a couple [they’re going to be].”

... While Mack and Elena seem to be weathering the storm of space quite well together, Clark Gregg and Ming-Na indicate that the budding feelings between Coulson and May might have cooled somewhat.

“That was a fiendishly complex romantic dynamic,” Gregg says. “[Coulson] finally opened up and really taken a step forward romantically with Melinda, only to discover that it was not Melinda, but a very sexy facsimile! Thank God it didn’t go further,” he chuckles. “That would have been confusing.”

“But at the very end of season four,” Gregg continues, “You see him say that, you know, you can’t own territory we didn’t really walk down together. So they seem to have agreed at the end of season four to go, “Let’s just go back to where we were and start over — and see, you know, what happens.””

“I think there’s something that I really relate to about it, that you don’t get too many friends like that, ever in your life,” he says. “And a work friend who literally has your back in life-or-death situations, seemingly once a week — you don’t you don’t mess around with that if it’s going to take a different place! Apparently Phil treads very carefully!”
Ming-Na expresses a similar sentiment.

“We came out of the Framework without having really resolved a lot of that trauma, and those memories, and the experiences we had in the Framework,” she says. “And then all of sudden, we’re thrust into this new, dire situation. So for Colson and for May, everything, I think, is put on the back burner for for that reason.”

“They’re there to try to figure out how we can get the team back. And romance for them, I think, will have to definitely take a back seat.”

But, she adds, “What’s so beautiful is that as long as they have each other — and that’s what their friendship, and their loyalty, and their history [is] — [that’s what] makes it so compelling for fans wanting them to hook up and get together, and just get it on!”

“I mean, it might be the end of the world!” Ming-Na laughs. “Let’s just do it! It might take that much for them to finally take that leap.”

Still, executive producer Jeph Loeb offers a bit of hope for the Philinda shippers in the audience. In spite of the pressures of survival on the Lighthouse, he says, “The heart wants what the heart wants. So you know, it’s always interesting to see where that goes."

Edited by tv echo

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Blacklist, Supernatural, Blindspot, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS December 14, 2017 AT 12:00 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/14/spoiler-room-blacklist-supernatural-blindspot/

Is Mack really going to quit the team on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? — Lee
Going from the Framework to space has definitely given Mack pause, but whether he follows through on his premiere declaration remains to be seen. “I think he’s pretty fed up, but they’re all pretty close, they all like each other quite a bit, so it’s hard to leave your friends behind,” EP Jed Whedon tells me. “One of the things that’s fun for us this year is we really are just a family. At the end last year, Daisy says ‘We all go down together,’ and now we’re putting that to the test.”

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Nick Blood Previews Hunter's Return, Team-Up With Fitz — Plus: Where's Bobbi?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 18 2017
http://tvline.com/2017/12/18/agents-of-shield-season-5-episode-5-preview-nick-blood-hunter-fitz-bobbi/

TVLINE | When did you get the call to return, and what was your immediate reaction?
Well, there had been various calls and suggestions, the showrunners had spoken to me a couple of times about the possibility of coming back….. I think I first heard through Iain. I think he texted me probably when he wasn’t meant to. He told me what they were planning, and it was very nice to get the opportunity to get a whole episode of me and Iain. We had a lot of fun and were really looking forward to it.
TVLINE | What can you tease about the circumstances under which we first lay eyes on Hunter again?
Well, he’s been up his usual tricks, doing some mercenary work and bickering with Bobbi…. He doesn’t necessarily have access to all the bells-and-whistles and gadgetry that S.H.I.E.L.D. did, so he has to use his charm and his wit to break down doors, and call in a few favors from his dodgy friends — who at times are quite unreliable!

TVLINE | Would you say that Hunter plays a key role in Fitz’s journey, trying to solve this mystery of where everyone went?
Oh yeah, I don’t think Fitz could have managed it without him — or at least that’s what I think Hunter tells himself. Fitz is very grateful to see him, despite the fact that some of his ideas don’t go quite according to plan.
TVLINE | I can’t imagine it’s a spoiler to reveal that Fitz and Lance get into a bit of a row over football — are either you or Iain that passionate about the sport/teams in real life?
We are! Thankfully Iain is primarily a Celtic fan, and I like Celtic. I’m a Liverpool fan but his English team is Man United, and Man United and Liverpool are big rivals. But Iain’s main team is Celtic, so he’ll happily watch Liverpool games with me. But he’s a lot more chill about it all.
TVLINE | Are Bobbi’s whereabouts, the state of that relationship, accounted for at all?
[Laughs] What I would say is they probably and [sic] a tiff a few days before—

TVLINE | As they do….
— and this time apart is allowing her to cool off. Now they each have a little bit of time and space to think until the situation calms down. That’s what I imagine.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Tonight's new ep ("Fun and Games")...

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Clark Gregg teases 'bloody' directorial debut
NATALIE ABRAMS January 04, 2018 AT 05:34 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/04/agents-shield-clark-gregg-director/

This Friday, longtime Marvel veteran Clark Gregg will be stepping behind the camera for a jam-packed and pivotal hour of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that brings S.H.I.E.L.D.’s trip to space to a head.

“I had been so nervous,” Gregg tells EW of directing the episode. “They had mentioned a couple of times asking if I wanted to do one, but I was too daunted by the whole prospect. I wanted something kind of nuts and fun, and I think they forgot the kind of part because there are two crazy fights, and some really big moments between characters that we’ve all been with for almost 100 episodes.”
“It’s a bloody episode, with a bunch of people saying goodbye,” Gregg teases. “I read it and I was squealing. ‘This is going to be fun!’ and it was.”

But the hour also provides what Gregg calls an original story for Coy Stewart’s Flint, who is actually an Inhuman character from the comics who has the power to move rocks. “During this episode, he gets his powers,” Gregg reveals. “That’s going to be incredible.”

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Clark Gregg on Directing the Mighty Quake's Fight to the Death: 'It Was Not a Small Episode'
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 3 2018, 11:31 AM PST
http://tvline.com/2018/01/03/agents-of-shield-season-5-clark-gregg-directing-episode-6-fight-to-death/

TVLINE | As a director on the super-secretive Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., are you handed a few extra keys to the kingdom? Do you get a bit more insight into where this season’s arc is heading, so as to best steer performances and subtext?
I did see my ID change to a slightly different color. [Laughs] We hadn’t aired yet [at the time I directed this episode], so no one had seen a stitch of any of it, but I got to watch the first four episodes in various stages of assembly. That was something, and that really gave me a sense of what we were trying to do and how it was coming together. And when I had a couple questions about “What is this heading towards so I can be sure I don’t steer it in the wrong direction?,” instead of people excusing themselves to get a cup of coffee, as they might do if I was just acting, there was a little bit more willingness to give me a sense of what was going to happen.

TVLINE | What unique challenges did this particular episode present for you as a director?
I’ve directed a couple of indie films that I wrote, so taking somebody else’s material within a very established if ever-evolving template and trying to honor all that and stay within those constraints, and yet be creative myself and do justice to the great episode that Brent Fletcher wrote… that was part of it. The other thing was that my little indies didn’t have giant fight scenes between people with powers, or “flying magical balls of destiny.” So to interact the super powers, the wire fighting, the martial arts… and then have a separate escape drama being attempted…. There was a lot going on. This was the first episode of television I ever directed, and it was not a small one.

TVLINE | I read on IGN that you accommodated input from fellow cast members such as Chloe Bennet, regarding what a character would or wouldn’t do in a moment.
Everybody has such a deep understanding of their characters and has lived with them so long — and in the case of Chloe and Iain [De Caestecker] and Elizabeth [Henstridge], especially, they’ve really grown up. They’re come such a long way and are such a big part of who these people are, that they always have really interesting perspectives on what’s going on with them and how they would react to something. And at the same time, they were really cool about hearing me out on the ways I wanted to push the envelope a bit, to take a moment into some slightly new territory. That’s a big trust exercise on their part, because I’m not one of the regular directors. I found it really moving the way they were willing to try stuff with me.

TVLINE | [FIGHT CARD SPOILER AHEAD] Of course we’ve been promised a “fight to death” for Quake, “Destroyer of Worlds.” What do you want to say about her opponent? 
Florence Faivre [who plays Sinara] had done some acting but had not done anything like this — and yet it was very clear in the episodes I saw [in advance] that there was something really powerful and enigmatic about this character. There’s just something about her and her eyes. She’s terrifying and willing to kill at the drop of the hat, so there’s no way that you should be sympathizing with her or Kasius. But one of the surprises for me, as I directed and then started to edit the episodes, was how much you are weirdly involved with their story. You have to keep Sinara very formidable, because Quake… well, Quake is Quake. She can tear a building apart and, we’re starting to believe, can possibly destroy the world. To make them formidable adversaries to each other, to keep the fight exciting, to feel like it’s a fight Daisy could lose, was a big deal. And both [Chloe and Florence] really showed up. We’re talking 18 hours of just intense, physical stuff. They brought their A-game.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

CLARK GREGG DIRECTS HIS OWN "MINI-MARVEL MOVIE" IN NEW AGENTS OF SHIELD EPISODE
BY TERRI SCHWARTZ    2 JAN 2018
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/02/clark-gregg-directs-his-own-mini-marvel-movie-in-new-agents-of-shield-episode

"It's a big episode with some big stuff, and they really went with my ideas," Gregg told IGN several days before the debut of his episode, titled "Fun and Games." "Coming from indie film, I've really done something that's at the farthest end of different and still is the same concept. It was like doing a mini-Marvel movie. It's that episode, as people will see, that's a little bit like our version of Downton Abbey-meets-a very bloody, sci-fi version of Gladiator."
On the crisp Friday in September when IGN was invited to observe Gregg's directorial debut, you wouldn't have guessed that he ever had any reservations about shifting behind-the-scenes. That day they were filming a big fight scene between Chloe Bennet's Daisy and one of Season 5's new Kree villains, with Bennet filming take after take of a reaction shot.

Gregg kept things light and playful on set, and was repeatedly open to his fellow cast members' suggestions even as director; when Bennet suggested that Daisy would act differently than what he suggested, Gregg's response was an excited, "Oh, that's a really great point."
"It’s a big fight for me, so it’s really fun to get to be directed by [Clark]," Bennet told me in a break between takes. "Fights take so much time, so it’s just kind of fun being with [him] -- he’s one of my best friends. So it’s fun just getting to work with one of my best friends in a [new] way."

"He’s been adding this really great texture to certain scenes, and really funny beats, that I don’t think someone else would be able to," she added.

To hear his costars tell it, Gregg has always doubled a bit as a director on set, even when he was in front of the camera. "He’s been kind of -- not in a way that takes away from the director of the day -- but he’s always kind of directed scenes when we’ve been around him," Iain de Castecker told me during a break after a big Fitz scene. "You always look to him for guidance about something, if something’s not working. So, it kind of feels like a natural fit, doesn’t it?"
"Fun and Games" will see the culmination of the big Fitz cliffhanger at the end of "A Life Earned," and according to Caestecker, there was no one better than Gregg to be behind the camera for the major plot developments that are ahead in this episode.

"There’s a lot of beats that are significant character-wise with characters that have been going on for five seasons now which Clark really understands," he teased.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Once Upon a Time, The Blacklist, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and more
NATALIE ABRAMS January 04, 2018 AT 12:00 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/04/spoiler-room-once-upon-time-blacklist-shield/

Spoilers on the 100th episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? — Ralph
Clark Gregg promises it will be quite the ride for long-time viewers. “Fans who hope that a 100th episode will contain something that will be a cataclysmic event or a gigantically resonate event for their feels after 100 episodes will not be disappointed,” he says. Make of that what you will.'

'Agents Of SHIELD' Cast Celebrates 100th Episode
By JOSEPH SCHMIDT - November 27, 2017
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/11/28/agents-of-shield-100th-episode/

Marvel Television's flagship series just reached a major milestone that fans will get to witness early next year, as Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. just wrapped filming their 100th episode.

The cast and crew celebrated the achievement with a photograph featuring cast members Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Clark Gregg, Henry Simmons, Elizabeth Henstridge, and Iain De Caestecker.

Executive producers Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon, Jeph Loeb and Jeffrey Bell were joined by co-executive producer Garry Brown, President of ABC Entertainment Group Channing Dungey and President of ABC Studios Patrick Moran for the cake-cutting event, featuring a dessert adorned with SHIELD and HYDRA logos.
It's not clear how long this specific arc will last or if the current season will adopt the same "pod" storyline format as the previous season, but Jeph Loeb told ComicBook.com that the 100th episode will be a major event in the series.

"Look, this is not going to come as a surprise to anyone that's ever seen a 100th episode, that there will be a significant event," Loeb said. "That's all I can tell you. They gotta get home from space!"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Sooooo, are we thinking they escape and get to Earth? Obviously still in the future but its “home?”

This episode sounds jammed packed. Quake’s fight, a new inhuman, shoutouts to previous seasons....I wonder what we’re going to see as the shoutouts. 

I wonder if May reappears this episode then too. 

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Clark Gregg dissects bloodbath hour
NATALIE ABRAMS January 05, 2018 AT 10:00 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/05/agents-shield-deaths-spoilers/

Fortunately, Fitz, Daisy, and Simmons were able to go on the run, but the question remains: Where can you really run in a post-apocalyptic future? Will Team S.H.I.E.L.D. now be trying to find their way home?

“Yes,” Gregg tells EW. “Long story short, but the No. 1 objective that’s been set up so magnificently since episode 1 is somehow or another, we have to go back to the past — not just because it’s where we belong, but because we have to find a way to keep the Earth from being destroyed. We have the added difficulty of the strong suggestion that Daisy is the one who did it.”

But there are more immediately pressing matters, namely that half of the team is now on the run, while the other half is still stuck on the lower levels of the Lighthouse. “Now they’ve got Kasius and everything at his disposal in full pursuit of them,” Gregg says, “and there’s a clock ticking that they either reunite the team and find a way out of here, or they’re going to be eradicated and perhaps get the remainder of humanity that’s living here terminated as well.”

Unfortunately, one team member is in even more peril than the rest. In order to spare May from being killed by Ben, Fitz convinced Kasius to send her to the surface, which is basically a death sentence. “There has been this idea that there’s a pocket of survivors out there who have been radioing that they have to explore, so that’s going to be part of what we do,” Gregg says. “But I don’t know how much we’ll be able to go on a rescue mission for May if we’re fighting off Kasius’ army of Kree warriors.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Ming-Na Wen Teases May's Blustery, Roach-Infested Battle
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 9 2018, 3:25 PM PST
http://tvline.com/2018/01/09/agents-of-shield-season-5-preview-ming-na-wen-may-roaches/

How fierce is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s Ming-Na Wen? Well in case you didn’t know, she blew out her left ACL and meniscus while filming a stunt scene toward the end of Season 4 — and yet, while still recuperating from off-season surgery, still manages to deliver cosmic beatdowns as Melinda May.

To get through it all in Season 5, the actress credits “really great PT, a wonderful brace, and an incredible stunt team that works their choreography to cater to my injury. And also the writers wrote it in!,” by having May apparate inside The Lighthouse with a steel pipe impaling her leg.
And yet… having a new ACL and a handful of screws implanted inside her may seem like a day at the beach for Wen’s alter ego, who when last we tuned into the ABC series (airing Fridays at 9/8c) had been sent topside, in a life-saving move by Fitz, where she nonetheless will face the bloodthirsty ETs dubbed “roaches” and known to roam the decimated Earth’s barren surface.

“In the next episode she’d better do something,” Wen says, “because those roaches are coming for her when she goes to the surface!”

To depict May’s struggle “outside,” Wen herself was subject to — no, not “roaches” — but a smaller discomfort. “I will tell you that it was very windy. When there is very little atmosphere, it’s very windy apparently, which is always fun to shoot, when they’re trying to blow s–t into your face!” she shares with a hearty laugh.
Despite having to limp her way through dirty windstorms, Wen is a big fan of Season 5’s setting, in a dystopian future where cosmic trawlers, not Quinjets, are at the ready. “Being such a sci-fi girl, just the idea that I pretended to be able to fly a spaceship? That was pretty cool,” she smiles.

“I think it’s incredible how imaginative our writers can be in not keeping the show stagnant,” she continues. “This could so easily be one of those shows that repeats itself as far as the formula of, ‘We’re on a mission… and now we’re on another mission.’ Instead it’s really grasping hold of these characters and finding ways to tell their relationships, but through these fantastical storylines with aliens and Kree and roaches and time travel…. I love it.”

Alas, the steady serving of derring-do and galactic fisticuffs can mean less time for type of quieter moments where characters can take a beat and bond… or, bow chicka bow wow, more. “I don’t think my character gets as many emotional moments as I would love to play, because she’s too busy beating up on everyone,” Wen notes. Reflecting on Season 4’s spattering of “Philinda” scenes, she says, “I love moments like that because it’s a chance to explore her more vulnerable and true nature that shes always masking.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Go to links to see promo pics...

5x07 synopsis:
https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/12/agents-of-shield-episode-507-together.html

On the episode “Together or Not at All” – Just as the team reunites, they become prey to an undefeated Kree warrior who is bent on killing them all, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” FRIDAY, JAN. 12 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.
Guest starring are Jeff Ward as Deke, Dominic Rains as Kasius, Florence Faivre as Sinara, Joel Stoffer as Enoch, Coy Stewart as Flint, Tunisha Hubbard as Ava, Willow Hale as The Seer, Jay Hunter as watch commander, Isaac C. Singleton Jr. as The Vicar, Samuel Roukin as Faulnak, Remington Hoffman as Maston-Dar and Shon Lange as guard.

5x08 synopsis:
https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/12/agents-of-sheild-episode-508-last-day.html

“The Last Day” – Coulson and the team discover that the most unexpected person from S.H.I.E.L.D.’s past may hold the key to stopping Earth’s destruction, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” FRIDAY, JAN. 19 (9:00-10:01 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.
Guest starring are Jeff Ward as Deke, Dominic Rains as Kasius, Florence Faivre as Sinara, Joel Stoffer as Enoch, Coy Stewart as Flint, Michael McGrady as Samuel Voss, Tunisha Hubbard as Ava, Willow Hale as Robin Hinton, Ava Kolker as Robin (age 12), Lexy Kolker as Robin (age 7), Jamal Akakpo as comms agent, Michele Tobin as Gretchen and Dusty Sorg as Mouse.

5x09 synopsis:
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/01/agents-of-shield-episode-509-best-laid.html

On the episode “Best Laid Plans” – Mack, Yo-Yo and Flint fight to keep everyone alive by starting a revolution against the Kree, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” FRIDAY, JAN. 26 (9:00-10:01 p.m. EST), on the ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.
Guest starring are Jeff Ward as Deke, Eve Harlow as Tess, Dominic Rains as Kasius, Florence Faivre as Sinara, Joel Stoffer as Enoch, Coy Stewart as Flint, Michael McGrady as Voss, James Harvey Ward as Gunner, Tunisha Hubbard as Ava, Luke Massey as Hek-Sel and Graham Outerbridge as Doyle.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on S.H.I.E.L.D., Blindspot, Grey's Anatomy and more
NATALIE ABRAMS January 11, 2018 AT 12:00 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/11/spoiler-room-shield-blindspot-greys/

What’s next on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? — Heather
With the team on the run from Kasius’ people, it may be time to ditch the Lighthouse and head back to the past. But there’s at least one team member who is hesitant to return home considering, well, she’ll apparently cause the end of the world. “Since Daisy was so rudely told by Deke, it’s something that has been on the forefront of her mind, back and forth between how could this happen? and that’s not possible, but they keep saying it is, and trying to find the line about what’s real about these rumors. The guilt starts seeping in and she does try to take some extreme measures in the future.”

Edited by tv echo

I mean, the person from the past with the key is obviously Ward. He has yet to pop up this series.

Okay, I’m kidding (hopefully). I wonder who it would be. They talk about someone in the past, so does that mean someone from Shield in the past who didnt make the trip or does it mean one of them in the past? They left behind Hunter, Talbot, and technically Bobbi. Havent seen Deathlok in awhile, or Robbie Reyes. 

My vote is for Robbie or Deathlok. Especially if Daisy is feeling guilty. They’ll be the key to getting her to go back to the past.

Still curious how they’re going to close the time loop. You dont think they’re just going to....ignore it?

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Big Little Lies, Riverdale, Good Doctor, Mrs. Maisel, Grey's, Big Bang, Originals and More
By Michael Ausiello / January 12 2018
http://tvline.com/2018/01/12/big-little-lies-season-2-spoilers-bonnie-family/

Question: S.H.I.E.L.D. killed off almost all of the new cast last week! Will we ever see Deke again? —Deena
Ausiello
: As glimpsed in promo pics from tonight’s episode, Deke has extricated himself from that welded-shut room, but what role he plays in the nearly-reunited S.H.I.E.L.D. team’s escape mission remains a mystery. In coming episodes, “You learn more about what drives him, and how the Lighthouse and where he’s from has shaped him into constantly being in self-preservation mode,” says portrayer Jeff Ward. “You’ll learn a lot more about his parents and his history with them and the prophecy — everything that’s going on in terms of what S.H.I.E.L.D. is doing there and why.” All told, Ward says, “Deke’s motives are more complicated than you might think. He has no stake with these people, so having someone like that as part of the group is a fun element to throw in there."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Handmaid's Tale, Once Upon a Time, Supergirl, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS January 18, 2018 AT 12:00 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/18/spoiler-room-handmaids-tale-once-upon-time-supergirl/

Does the title of Friday’s episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. mean we’re finally going to see how the world really ended? — Rekka
“The Last Day” will definitely provide some major clues, but we won’t actually see what transpired, which means the mystery of whether Daisy is to blame still remains. “It alludes to a few things about [the end of the world],” Clark Gregg says. “It more refers to time running out where we are. We do start to get hints. Definitely putting together that mystery [of how the world ended] becomes a big part of where we’re going.”

Edited by tv echo

Spoiler Room: Scoop on The Flash, Once Upon a Time, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS January 25, 2018 AT 12:00 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/25/spoiler-room-flash-once-upon-time-brooklyn/

Is Daisy really going to stay in the future on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? — Rose
“I wouldn’t be surprised if she did,” Clark Gregg tells me. “How can she not be ambivalent, even though we haven’t really proven anything, there are these rumors that she’s the one responsible for destroying the world. Since she’s already come out of season 3 feeling responsible for causing Lincoln’s death, she’s really had enough for being responsible for hurting anybody, so that sounds like a conflict that may be heading our way.” Don’t freak out just yet. Do you really think Coulson would go back to the present without her? It may just be a question of how Daisy goes back.

22 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Just read something on io9 that Ward is somehow returning.

No way. I’d have to see an article of proof on that one. How on earth would they bring him back? Not as an LMD right?

Admittedly, I follow a bunch of Shield Agents Actors on Instagram. I dont know what the shooting schedules are but after the Framework series Chloe did post some Insta videos with Brett working out. It was fall-ish bc I remembering thinking “did she just spoil a Ward return???” I was just hoping it was two friends working out more than anything else...

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, RandomWatcher said:

Just read something on io9 that Ward is somehow returning.

If true, that's absolutely ridiculous. This show really needs to learn to allow more than one man of color to exist on this show and to let Ward go.

15 hours ago, Lobsel Vith said:

If true, that's absolutely ridiculous. This show really needs to learn to allow more than one man of color to exist on this show and to let Ward go.

Right? If anyone comes back, I want it to be Robbie Reyes or Mike Peterson. Or if they want to keep the budget down, figure out a way to bring back Triplett since they obviously need another fighter since May is hurt. Have Reyes bring Trip back with him from somewhere. Boom, you’re welcome Agents of Shield writers. No more Ward.

• Love 2

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. first look: Dove Cameron's role revealed!
NATALIE ABRAMS January 28, 2018 AT 11:00 AM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/28/agents-shield-dove-cameron-photo/

Dove Cameron’s ultra top-secret role on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. can now be revealed — and EW has the exclusive first look!

The Disney Channel alum will be playing Ruby, a young woman of cunning intelligence who has a mysterious obsession with Daisy Johnson (Chloe Bennet) — oh, and she’s the daughter of General Hale (Catherine Dent).

For those of you who need a refresher, General Hale was that high-level government agent who executed her two subordinates after Fitz (Iain de Caestecker) was able to escape the Blue Raven Ridge facility with a cryo-freeze capsule and the Zephyr One.

Cameron first teased that she’d be appearing on the ABC super series via a cheeky Instagram video that featured Clark Gregg, a.k.a Agent Coulson. However, details on her role have since been kept tightly under wraps. “The role she’s playing, she’s not an obvious fit for,” executive producer Jed Whedon previously told EW.

The Liv & Maddie and Descendants star will first appear in the March 2 episode.

Edited by tv echo

Agents of Shield Fans shocked by Kasius' Seer

Nothing is really super spoiled in the article, just talking to the actors who place Mack and YoYo about who the Seer is (they don't tell us) and how shocked we'll be.

If this is Ward, I'm going to flip a table.  Please let it be Yo-Yo. Please let it be anyone else. If it's Ward, wouldn't it mean that he's alive, somewhere in the past time?

Ugh, I just had a thought.  What if its Hive?

Edited by SnoGirl
5 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

Agents of Shield Fans shocked by Kasius' Seer

Nothing is really super spoiled in the article, just talking to the actors who place Mack and YoYo about who the Seer is (they don't tell us) and how shocked we'll be.

If this is Ward, I'm going to flip a table.  Please let it be Yo-Yo. Please let it be anyone else. If it's Ward, wouldn't it mean that he's alive, somewhere in the past time?

Ugh, I just had a thought.  What if its Hive?

They did mention the fact that a) Raina was a seer and b) the Kree can bring people from the dead. 

Might be a clue?  But I hope that someone just kills Kasius ass. Please just end the misery!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, greekmom said:

They did mention the fact that a) Raina was a seer and b) the Kree can bring people from the dead. 

Might be a clue?  But I hope that someone just kills Kasius ass. Please just end the misery!

Just don't watch the episode 10 promo too closely they spoiled the seer or massively misdirected us.

That blond guy? Have we seen him before? This is the spoiler thread so spill away ?

I always get overly happy when  Nick Blood posts instagram pictures with actors from Agents of Shield bc I always hope that means he’ll be back. He just posted a pic with Iain at Disneyland. Fingers crossed that means we’ll see Hunter again soon!

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, doram said:

If they manage to bring Ward/Brett Dalton back on this show, I might actually start watching it again. The half of season 4 where he featured was the most interesting the show's been imo. 

I found that to be pretty tedious myself. Using one of Ward's victims to elicit sympathy for him. Making Daisy's Framework counterpart a member of Hydra even though it made no sense for her character or the AU consequences that Ophelia explained to Fitz about the Framework from the divergent choices made by May, Coulson, and Mack. Time that could have been better used to further explore Trip as a character after his marginalization in season two. And the team is made up of Ward's victims.

• Love 1

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Star Trek: Discovery, Legends of Tomorrow, The 100 and more
NATALIE ABRAMS February 01, 2018 
http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/01/spoiler-room-star-trek-discovery-legends-tomorrow-100/

Who is Kasius’ seer on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? — Tuk
I’ll just say that Kasius’ seer is very different from Robin, and you will certainly be shocked once you find out who it is — and what it means for the team’s, ahem, future.

Gah. There’s starting to be too much hype. If its YoYo or Ward, I’m not going to be shocked. BTW, with the term “shocked” I immediately thought of Lincoln, but he’s on another show now right?

When showrunners start to speak like this, I just think they think they are way more clever than they actually are.

And not that anything needs to make sense, but when has telling the future been one of Yo-Yo's skills. I know. I know. It may not be Yo-Yo.  And I also know that future Yo_Yo already lived past Yo-Yo's life. This is why I hate time travel stories and loops. There are way too many get out of jail free cards thrown into play.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Enigma X said:

When showrunners start to speak like this, I just think they think they are way more clever than they actually are.

And not that anything needs to make sense, but when has telling the future been one of Yo-Yo's skills. I know. I know. It may not be Yo-Yo.  And I also know that future Yo_Yo already lived past Yo-Yo's life. This is why I hate time travel stories and loops. There are way too many get out of jail free cards thrown into play.

I agree. I’m only throwing YoYo’s name out there bc of how Kasius said her name when he sees her and Mack in the timeline we’re watching live. 

Really, there could be a lot of fun reveals. It could be the Professor who got sucked into the Gravitorium. It could be Reyes, he seems to bounce around dimensions, why not be captured by Kasius? Who knows all the powers the Ghost Rider has. 

I wish we would have gotten an Easter Egg with this storyline like facemask of The Devil of Hell’s Kitchen on display in one of Kasius’  rooms, or something of Jessica’s or Luke’s just sitting out to acknowledge the other shows without really actively referencing them.

• Love 1

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Legends of Tomorrow, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS February 08, 2018 AT 12:00 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/08/spoiler-room-legends-ouat-supernatural/

Is it weird to say I’ll actually miss the future on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? — Janney
Not at all! I, personally, will miss Tess, Flint, and Deke (R.I.P.?), but we may not have seen the last of them this season. “It seems those characters have made their way into everyone’s heart, so it is a possibility,” executive producers Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen tease.

Edited by tv echo

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. reveals new details about 100th episode
NATALIE ABRAMS February 16, 2018 AT 05:03 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/16/agents-of-shield-100-episode/

Slated to air Friday, March 9 (9 p.m. ET on ABC), the milestone episode features Coulson (Clark Gregg) finally revealing the mysterious deal he made with Ghost Rider, which is said to impact everyone on Team S.H.I.E.L.D.
Coulson’s portrayer, meanwhile, previously teased to EW that the 100th episode would include a big event. “Fans who hope that a 100th episode will contain something that will be a cataclysmic event or a gigantically resonate event for their feels after 100 episodes will not be disappointed,” Gregg said.

Another curious clue about the upcoming episodes lies in the few photos ABC released from the 100th episode, one of which includes Deke (Jeff Ward), a character from the future who last we saw was supposedly dead after helping Team S.H.I.E.L.D. get the obelisk working that would bring them back to the present. Does this mean he’s actually still alive and in the present with them? Check out the photos:
148277_6521.jpg&w=1100&q=85
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns Friday, March 2 at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.

Edited by tv echo

Soooooo, Coulson is dying/will be the new Ghost Rider and Deke was pulled through the stone? Kinda wish Enoch was pulled through too so FitzSimmons could save him. I did like that an alien was part of the team. Would Deke also technically be an alien since he was not born on Earth?

So, the problem I have with the Time Travel is...are we going to see Deke disappear when they save the Earth? Because technically would he exist if the Earth didnt rip apart? Another guy to fade out of Daisy’s life, this time literally? I have liked her and Robby the best so I really hope he returns before Agents end.

Also, bummed the theories of “whose child is this” with Deke didnt pan out with anyone. Kinda bummed they picked another white actor with dark hair if he wasnt supposed to be the center of speculation that he could be a child of someone on the team. Missed opportunity of lots of avenues.

15 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

Soooooo, Coulson is dying/will be the new Ghost Rider and Deke was pulled through the stone? Kinda wish Enoch was pulled through too so FitzSimmons could save him. I did like that an alien was part of the team. Would Deke also technically be an alien since he was not born on Earth?

They'll already have an Enoch back in the present day, they just have to find him.