Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Preview: Premiere Date April 7, 2015

• Start Topic

There's eight of them? Is that an all time high for housewives? (no pun intended)

I want to say Miami had the most. That cast was huge at one point and Marta was basically a friend for all intents and purposes.

I agree, I think Season Two of Miami had the most with:

Seven wives (eight if you count Alexia as a friend, which didn't make sense at all!),

and Marta, Mama Elsa and Elaine Lancaster (still lol at Lea trying to tell Elsa Elaine's really a dude) were all recurring roles.

Yes, eight Housewives is an all-time high, and a Housewife record, so I'm really excited to see how this is going to go down, especially with six out of the eight being single! (By 'single,' I mean divorced, divorcing, or widowed, but able to date nonetheless). This looks so good that I had to watch the promo twice in a row. I'm a kid at the Disney parade with eight princesses marching toward me...

Regarding the number of Housewives in Miami, yes, it's true they had seven wives in S2 (in S3 they went back to having only 5), but seven is less than eight, and seven's been done before. In NYC, they had seven 'Wives in S4. NYC also had seven 'Wives and a Friend by the end of S3 and it didn't feel like eight Housewives, it felt like seven Housewives and a Friend lol. Friends make no difference to the amount of Housewives there are. Friends don't usually have story lines or arcs, and most importantly, they don't get billing. I think Miami had so many Friends because their Housewives, while high in quantity, didn't have many quality story lines (and I say this as someone who likes Miami, and would jump on board for more seasons). I don't think we'll be bored with RHONYC. I think, if anything, it'll be sensory overload with all of these crazy women (including Bethenny--yes!) traipsing around New York City.

Basically, what I'm saying is that Friends will come and go, but Housewives are forever (forever in that they have to stay on the show through the season and show up to the reunion to answer for their ish*).

*Yes, Adrienne Maloof broke both of these rules as a Housewife, but I'd argue she's the exception, not the rule, and look how retaliatory Bravo got when she did that.

• Love 2

But Luann in the dark shades and the admonishment to Heather about being, like, uncool?  I'm not kidding when I say that might be my very favorite line, delivered in the funniest way not meant to be funny, ever.  Across all the franchises.

Yes! Omg, it is the best. I liked her other one too about waking up next to a strange man. Never leave us, Lu. Never. 

I actually walked by Luann on the street maybe a month ago. She looked much smaller than I imagined she would, but was ridiculously gorgeous and very "cool."

• Love 3

Cool, not uncool trailer. Bring it on.

Since I didn't start watching the show until after Bethanny had already left, there will be two new HWs for me.

• Love 2

Yes! Omg, it is the best. I liked her other one too about waking up next to a strange man. Never leave us, Lu. Never.

I actually walked by Luann on the street maybe a month ago. She looked much smaller than I imagined she would, but was ridiculously gorgeous and very "cool."

Good I love Luanne. I need to memories her cool/uncool line so I can use it all the time.

I wonder how she and Bethanny are going to get along now. They always had a real on and off frienimies thing, but they both had some hard knocks since Bethany left the show and Jill won't be in the middle of it...I wonder if they'll end up friends.

• Love 2
(edited)

I couldn't get the clip, but John F Kennedy Jr. has been tragically dead for 15 years. Sounds like Sonja. Also someone should tell her anyone that knew him well, and many of who didn't but read a lot, that no one close to him, including his parents, ever called him John-John.

That scene with Sonja saying she partied with John John all the time was everything to me. Sonja living in her delusional past at every turn. I saw her on Millionaire Matchmaker (yes I am embarrassed by this, so don't judge me too harshly) and it was hysterical. Her talk about being a rich woman, and therefore needing a man with his own money, had me howling with laughter. She needs a man with money for the opposite reason - she has none of her own. Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

Good I love Luanne. I need to memories her cool/uncool line so I can use it all the time.

It's not just the line, though, Fozzy.  We've got to get the pause just right. And the WTF-you-talkin'-about-Willis hand motions.  And the glasses.  Must be wearing dark glasses.  Practice, grasshopper.  Practice makes perfect.

I'd love to be wearing the black bikini when I say it, too, but that would be like.....uncool.

• Love 5

Luan: "Be cool... don't be all, like, uncool!" LOL!!

That trailer was, like, very damn cool to me!

I'm just now seeing this preview, and the first thing I wanted to comment on was LuAnn's statement. Like, I want to add "[hits blunt]" as a stage direction to LuAnn's statement. She is most certainly NOT the LuAnn of the first two seasons. She's finally and completely removed the chopsticks (to quote Bethenny) out of her ass. What's funny about it, though, is how she's now on some carnival funhouse style high horse about folks making judgments about her "[hits blunt]" style of being these past few years. 

• Love 3

Lotta loud shrieking in that clip. Color me (not) shocked that Beth and Heather go heads up, although that prediction of two bossy alpha NYC Jewish chicks wasn't exactly a stretch. I lurved Heather last year, and I never was a Beth hater (much of it was just rabid, IMO). So I don't know who I'm rooting for, although my initial reaction was displeasure so I guess Heather? I enjoy Bethenny's quick wit but her better-than-every one attitude along with her old-ass slang will definitely annoy and grate - unless something's changed, and it doesn't look like it has.

But this: "Be cool... don't be all, like [head/hand gestures] uncool!"  is everything.

Anyway - bring it on!

• Love 5

Toward the end of the preview clip, Heather throws back the curtains and issues the order to, "Get UP".  She's wearing the same white cover up and side braid as when talking to Luann about the strange man in the house. Assuming the 2 scenes are related, is she telling LuAnn to 'get up'?  The man? 

Big balls if she ordered Luann like that.  Well, ordering anybody like that except for a teenaged boy which I can completely understand. LOL. But if she was talking to Lu, I can see why she pushed past Heather in the kitchen and told her it was no big deal.

That said, if this happened in Heather's house, I take it all back.

• Love 1

I wonder how she and Bethanny are going to get along now. They always had a real on and off frienimies thing, but they both had some hard knocks since Bethany left the show and Jill won't be in the middle of it...I wonder if they'll end up friends.

Bethenny has always said that the Luann she knew, the one behind the scenes was super cool and that she liked her a lot, the one she didn't like was the one who was an uppity countess who was the queen of manners and decorum because Bethenny knew that this was not the real Luann. Bethenny said that Luann was super fun when the cameras were not around.

Luann in one of her talk shows told Bethenny that the Countess was basically a character but that now she was more comfortable just being herself, that she was very resevred about her private life and divorce basically to protect her children and because of that she probably came as fake.

Now that Luann is finally allowing herself to be herself I have no doubt that she and Bethenny will hit it off, which doesn't mean that they will be BFFs or will get along all the time, basically just means that they will be who they are and will have some conflicts but also a lot of fun.

• Love 3
Lotta loud shrieking in that clip. Color me (not) shocked that Beth and Heather go heads up, although that prediction of two bossy alpha NYC Jewish chicks wasn't exactly a stretch.

The season previews follow a formula - Act I features a lot of whooping and Housewives-gone-wild clips, then the tone becomes a little more serious (like Ramona and Bethenny talking about divorce) and by Act III, it's clips of the HWs sniping at each other and/or having tantrums.

I'm sure it's been pointed out already, but Heather wasn't raised Jewish. She converted when marrying Jonathan. I don't know how much of Bethenny's identity is wrapped up in her faith - her mom converted to Judaism and since B was "raised by wolves," it's anyone's call whether the wolves went to Temple, kept the holidays, etc. I didn't watch her talk show or Bethenny Ever After, but I know that she baptized her daughter in a Catholic church.

I'm sure these women would be driven Type-A females regardless of what their faith was.

It'll be interesting to see Bethenny on the show again, since - up to Season 3 - she was the "underdog" commenting on the posturing of the other HWs, the one hustling to start her own business, etc. I'm sure some of the HWs didn't consider her to be on their level and now she's likely the wealthiest of them all, and (at least as far as tabloids go) has become somewhat of a "posturer" herself. But in other ways, nothing's changed - B's still "unlucky in love."

• Love 4

Now that Luann is finally allowing herself to be herself I have no doubt that she and Bethenny will hit it off, which doesn't mean that they will be BFFs or will get along all the time, basically just means that they will be who they are and will have some conflicts but also a lot of fun.

I hope all that Lu said is true about the Countess being a character and now she can just be herself.  Because that act of hers was the only reason I didn't like her in previous seasons.  Drink a beer from a bottle, Lu.  Let the driver call you by your first name.  Relax.

Beth and Lu, if friends will be a force to be reckoned with.  And I reckon that is what will happen this season.  I think Beth is back and is ready, with Lu, to take back the HBIC crowns from the relative newbies.

In the clip, it appears that Heather and Beth do get along because I think that is Bethennny carrying Heather into the ocean over her shoulder.  Heather pulls Beth' s bottoms down and it seems like they're having a good time together.  

• Love 1

The season previews follow a formula - Act I features a lot of whooping and Housewives-gone-wild clips, then the tone becomes a little more serious (like Ramona and Bethenny talking about divorce) and by Act III, it's clips of the HWs sniping at each other and/or having tantrums.

I'm sure it's been pointed out already, but Heather wasn't raised Jewish. She converted when marrying Jonathan. I don't know how much of Bethenny's identity is wrapped up in her faith - her mom converted to Judaism and since B was "raised by wolves," it's anyone's call whether the wolves went to Temple, kept the holidays, etc. I didn't watch her talk show or Bethenny Ever After, but I know that she baptized her daughter in a Catholic church.

I'm sure these women would be driven Type-A females regardless of what their faith was.

It'll be interesting to see Bethenny on the show again, since - up to Season 3 - she was the "underdog" commenting on the posturing of the other HWs, the one hustling to start her own business, etc. I'm sure some of the HWs didn't consider her to be on their level and now she's likely the wealthiest of them all, and (at least as far as tabloids go) has become somewhat of a "posturer" herself. But in other ways, nothing's changed - B's still "unlucky in love."

Great post. Oh I just can't wait. I'm soooooo ready for some RHNY.

I hope all that Lu said is true about the Countess being a character and now she can just be herself.  Because that act of hers was the only reason I didn't like her in previous seasons.  Drink a beer from a bottle, Lu.  Let the driver call you by your first name.  Relax.

Beth and Lu, if friends will be a force to be reckoned with.  And I reckon that is what will happen this season.  I think Beth is back and is ready, with Lu, to take back the HBIC crowns from the relative newbies.

In the clip, it appears that Heather and Beth do get along because I think that is Bethennny carrying Heather into the ocean over her shoulder.  Heather pulls Beth' s bottoms down and it seems like they're having a good time together.

Lu's no idiot. I'm sure she's read how the viewers liked her so much more last season. One reason was she seemed more "real" and showed us her fun side. The other reason was that she was only a "friend of" and we didn't have to see any of her phony personal life. I'm going to be curious to see if Lu really did pull the pretentious stick out of her ass or just got an amazing edit.

• Love 2

Lu's no idiot. I'm sure she's read how the viewers liked her so much more last season. One reason was she seemed more "real" and showed us her fun side. The other reason was that she was only a "friend of" and we didn't have to see any of her phony personal life. I'm going to be curious to see if Lu really did pull the pretentious stick out of her ass or just got an amazing edit.

I wonder if Lu will be Switzerland.  Friend to everyone. It would be smart to try.  If she can pull it off, for longer than 2 episodes, it might be a first for RHONY.  It just seems like there have always been distinctive camps. (Was Talls vs. Smalls New York or some other?) 

I'm a little anxious about Lu dating her niece's ex-boyfriend, though.  If I assume she's being intimate with him, as I must assume her niece was....well, I've got my own 30 year old niece with a hot ex-boyfriend and...nope.  (I even have trouble writing that he is 'hot'. LOL) 

Maybe they've only had dinner.

• Love 1

I wonder if Lu will be Switzerland. Friend to everyone. It would be smart to try. If she can pull it off, for longer than 2 episodes, it might be a first for RHONY. It just seems like there have always been distinctive camps. (Was Talls vs. Smalls New York or some other?)

I'm a little anxious about Lu dating her niece's ex-boyfriend, though. If I assume she's being intimate with him, as I must assume her niece was....well, I've got my own 30 year old niece with a hot ex-boyfriend and...nope. (I even have trouble writing that he is 'hot'. LOL)

Maybe they've only had dinner.

Oh I'm pretty sure Lu has no problem banging her nieces ex. I think Lu is "all's fair in love and war" kinda gal. And fuck buddies are open season. Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 1

I thought it was CAROLE who was dating the ex...?

I really can't see LuAnn doing that but then again, I didn't see LuAnn getting shitfaced and hooking up with a guy who wears eyeliner either.

ETA: I re-watched the clip and can see now where it could easily be interpreted as LuAnn dating her niece's ex…or Carole. I did a quick Google search to see if there were any gossipy tidbits on this, because I figured that if LuAnn was hooking up with her niece's former BF, there'd be something out there! (No)

Edited by archer1267

I wonder if they're talking about the niece that was on the Bravo show, Work of Art. If so, her name is Nicole Nadeau and she was in the first season. She was one of the finalists on the show. Re-watching the clip, it sounds like LuAnn may be reacting to Carole dating this young guy who's her niece's ex-boyfriend?

So, now I'm in a sleuth-y kind of mood and have done some Google searches. If the niece we're talking about is Nicole Nadeau, her ex-boyfriend is Adam Kenworthy. I say this because Carole makes mention of a guy who's a chef, and in one of the Google searches, this FB post pops up (2012) where LuAnn was promoting some run that he planned to do on behalf of an organic farm in Nicaragua.

I wonder if they're talking about the niece that was on the Bravo show, Work of Art. If so, her name is Nicole Nadeau and she was in the first season. She was one of the finalists on the show. Re-watching the clip, it sounds like LuAnn may be reacting to Carole dating this young guy who's her niece's ex-boyfriend?

So, now I'm in a sleuth-y kind of mood and have done some Google searches. If the niece we're talking about is Nicole Nadeau, her ex-boyfriend is Adam Kenworthy. I say this because Carole makes mention of a guy who's a chef, and in one of the Google searches, this FB post pops up (2012) where LuAnn was promoting some run that he planned to do on behalf of an organic farm in Nicaragua.

Interesting. But is he a chef or a cook? I still miss Kelly sometimes.

• Love 11

ETA: I re-watched the clip and can see now where it could easily be interpreted as LuAnn dating her niece's ex…or Carole., there'd be something out there! (No)

I agree.  I rewatched and it could be Lu or Carole.  I hope it's Carole.  Because if it's Lu, it's a little sleazy in a way I don't want to think about too deeply. 

• Love 1

Good sleuthing, Mozelle! I tend to think that LuAnn wouldn't say "that's Sonja young," to refer to herself, but I guess we'll see. 

One thing I AM certain of is, it's soooo nice to see a preview clip without George's gross mug popping up.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 2

I'm disappointed Kristin is back.  All that loud and shrill screaming/laughing of last year still reverberates around in my head....  I won't be looking forward to the big, expressive O faces... sigh.

Love the preview clip-- thanks to the posters for posting it! :D  As several folks have said, BH has been a total bust.  I'm an addict and even I am fast forwarding through several segments.  I don't want to hear anything about Kims drug/alcohol problems being discussed on nationwide tv anymore!  I'm ready for the ladies (?!) of New York!!  And The Turks and Caicos!!!  Hurry up April!

• Love 2

ETA: I re-watched the clip and can see now where it could easily be interpreted as LuAnn dating her niece's ex…or Carole.

FWIW, when Carole was the guest bartender on WWHL a few nights ago, she mentioned that she met a "cute guy" this season.

(Also, in reference to the show, she said that once you think things won't get nuts, it gets nuts.)

Yeah, not new to the Ho's. They're both definitely a type. My descriptor, if you will was less about the extent of their "faith"-fulness and more about their particular subset.

• Love 2

Not to mention that during her big summit with Jill in S3, Jill brought homemade latkes and Bethenny acted like she'd never had them before. (Or maybe she was cringing at the thought of something fried.) I remember thinking "Wait, isn't Bethenny Jewish? Even this Protestant has had a latke!" LOL.

I'm disappointed Kristin is back.

I am too. She really doesn't seem to fit with the other women. I'm all for having someone younger on the show - and someone who has a different point of reference than the Upper East Side - but I'm not seeing the fabulous lifestyle, the vacation home, the fundraisers, etc. She's sort of like the Alex. I also could do without seeing her douchey husband on TV.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 4

Hmmm...according to this, only Ramona and LuAnn are doing the press tour for the new season. Bethenny was already doing her own press for her new book, and the others simply weren't invited.

(And I swear, LuAnn gets away with wearing some of the most insane signature necklaces ever. This one looks like a collection of flattened souvenir spoons.)

• Love 1

Hmmm...according to this, only Ramona and LuAnn are doing the press tour for the new season. Bethenny was already doing her own press for her new book, and the others simply weren't invited.

(And I swear, LuAnn gets away with wearing some of the most insane signature necklaces ever. This one looks like a collection of flattened souvenir spoons.)

Oh my gawd, that's bigger than her hubcap necklaces!

• Love 1

I really can't stand Bethenny and from the promos, it looks like she is going to be front and center as one of Andy's favorites. 

I found Sonja sad last season, and I'm not sure I want to see Ramona dealing with the breakdown of her marriage. It may be time for me at least to move on.

But on the plus side, we won't have Aviva's disgusting father to deal with anymore, which was one of the reasons I stopped watching last season.

Edited by mwell345

I'm disappointed Kristin is back.  All that loud and shrill screaming/laughing of last year still reverberates around in my head....  I won't be looking forward to the big, expressive O faces... sigh.

Love the preview clip-- thanks to the posters for posting it! :D  As several folks have said, BH has been a total bust.  I'm an addict and even I am fast forwarding through several segments.  I don't want to hear anything about Kims drug/alcohol problems being discussed on nationwide tv anymore!  I'm ready for the ladies (?!) of New York!!  And The Turks and Caicos!!!  Hurry up April!

Yes to all of this. I too am disappointed that Kristen is back, I don't like her or the douche she Is married to, but after BH. anyone is better than watching Brandi the Skank and Kim the addict.  

I am actually looking forward to seeing Bethany again and I think she will give bossy assed Heather a real run for her money. I don't hate Heather but she gets on my nerves with her bossy, know it all crap and I have never forgotten her telling a guest to get out of the Countess's house. That is beyond out of line. I  absolutely love that clip of the countess, "be cool, don't be all ....uncool". Classic.

Bring it on. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 2
I  absolutely love that clip of the countess, "be cool, don't be all ....uncool". Classic.

LuAnn's obviously picked up that people are digging that because she's referenced it on her web site ("stopped by NBC's "The Meredith Vieira Show" last Friday to talk about what's cool and what's uncool").

I watched the trailer again because I didn't remember a lot of Sonja in there, but I was wrong…there's plenty of Sonja. Her "I used to be classy, but now I'm trashy" line is kind of sad. On the one hand, I guess you could say that at least she's acknowledging that her fabulous, pampered life is no longer…but if she's bragging about partying with JFK Jr., then I guess any self-awareness she has will be shortlived.

• Love 1

I stopped watching RHONY after Bethanny left so I'm not familiar with the new cast members. Does anyone know if Bravo will run a marathon of last season so I can play catch-up?

Edited by AnnA

I normally love (and covet) LuAnn's necklaces but that won't be one of them.

I stopped watching RHONY after Bethanny left so I'm not familiar with the new cast members. Does anyone know if Bravo will run a marathon of last season so I can play catch-up?

If you have cable you can log into your service provider on the bravonow website. They have all of the last season on there. Also Hulu plus has seasons 1-5.

If you have cable you can log into your service provider on the bravonow website. They have all of the last season on there. Also Hulu plus has seasons 1-5.

Thank you. I do have cable so I'll take a look.

Well, I wouldn't underestimate the execs at Bravo.  Check the Bravo schedule over the next week.  Bravo will definitely be running various past seasons as the premiere approaches.  The show has been off for nearly a year, so they do need get viewers back in the mood for it -- and generate interest.  I really hope they don't show last season cuz it really stunk.  And the crap ratings were proof of it being stinky.  I'm hoping that with the vile Aviva & her equally vile & thoroughly misogynist father gone, and with Bethenny back, the show will be much improved.  Guess we'll see if it is.

I could watch this on a loop. With her luMann hung over deep voice. Omg. Love.

Me, too.  Only I would call it her 'LuMann hung over, just been Pirate-d, deep voice'.  Because you know she totally was.

(edited)

I've had Bravo playing in the background for the past few hours and I'm now on my second viewing of Maid in Manhattan.  There's a point when Marissa asks her son, "Are you okay?" and he replies, "I'm cool."  Immediately after he says that, both times that I've had the movie on today, Bravo immediately and abruptly cuts to Luanne's mellow "Be cool.  Don't be all, like, uncool" quote to begin the commercial break.

Bravo, Bravo!

*Edited because her name is Marissa, not Maria.

Edited by link417