Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: Nanda Parbat

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Ray Palmer's post-sex bangs were giving me "Superman Returns" flashbacks.  That's a movie I'd pay money to never sit through again.  I can nap for free at home.

I'll say it again: Malcolm Meryln brings out the stupid in everyone.  When Laurel has to point out the flaws in the plan, they've hit rock bottom.  Please, TV gods, let him just die this time and stay dead.  Everyone has turned into a lying liar that lies to because of him or challenging each other for King of the Assholes.  Make it stop.

I've been watching a lot of "Vikings" lately and digging King Ecbert's hot tub conference room, but I really thought we'd see Oliver and R'as hashing it out in that steam bath/Lazarus Pit.  You know, not wearing shirts.

Finally: get it Felicity.  Ray's a weirdo, but he's a weirdo that works for her.  Hacking each other seems to be their mating call.  He's nice and normal and not afraid of his feelings.  Keep it coming.

ETA:

Oliver and Dig's bromance is still my favorite thing about this show.

Edited by Lila82
  • Love 1

Thea and Roy, Thea and Laurel, Nyssa, Ray and Felicity and Raylicity all trended briefly.  Atom did not trend - even when he flew. rme

I can't believe they had Oliver admit that he went up to face Ra's because he's upset someone is a better fighter than him. Diggle should have punched in him stupid head for that. 

What happened to this show's writers.

• Love 8

Is it better to record and delete or not record it at all? I'm not Nielsen, but don't they look at DVR numbers regardless? It's my own mini-protest.

I think it's fine for you to record it as long as you don't watch it within the next 24 hours. DVR playback is added to the final ratings if it happens within a specific time frame (I think for Arrow, it should be until 4:00AM on Thursday).

• Love 2

I would've been all for my Girl Felicity getting some if was Barry or Hell even Cisco that said I'm not Turing on the character cause these writers love making Oliver a dumbass and love Ray too much

Yeah, Ray is the problem for me. I'd be fine with Barry or whomever. Hell, I wrote a story where she hooked up with Nightwing. But Ray is so creepy and underdeveloped to me that I can't get behind anything to do with him. 

• Love 6

I'm rooting for a Thea and Nyssa hook up.

I can't believe they had Oliver admit that he went up to face Ra's because he's upset someone is a better fighter than him. Diggle should have punched in him stupid head for that.

I agree, it was the biggest WTF for me.

Anyone else was thinking that Oliver "real reason" for going after Ra's will be Felicity's related? I can't eat, sleep....I don't know yet if I'm happy or sad that it wasn't, lol.

Edited by Hook75

Guys, I'm really sad right now.

I feel like I don't know what show I'm watching anymore. I thought the direction was good. They crammed a lot of stuff in the show but this is not what I enjoy. 

Seeing Ray with Felicity does not make me yearn for Olicity. It makes me angry with the show for doing an asshole thing to Felicity by makin her sleep with this creepy stalker guy. It's validating that kind of behavior will let you get the girl who will act as your muse essentially. And it's all because Felicity is pissed off at Oliver. It's not that she's even all that into Ray from what I can tell. There is no passion with those two. It's just STUPID.

I don't know who anyone in the show is anymore. I don't like any of their motivations.  It's like I'm watching BizArrow, not Arrow. 

Ugh.

• Love 21

I would've been all for my Girl Felicity getting some if was Barry or Hell even Cisco that said I'm not Turing on the character cause these writers love making Oliver a dumbass and love Ray too much

They can't do that, because Barry would be a real threat. Also, Barry would make an alarming amount of sense for Felicity to start a relationship with or even a friends with benefits situation.  

Ray has been presented incredibly poorly as "Oliver-lite" who says all the right things. Felicity was upset and heard from Ray exactly what she wanted to hear from Oliver. No coincidence there.  So naturally the next step is to lunge. 

• Love 1

Not everyone follows spoilers.

I didn't mean the spoilers. just MG saying it was a game-changer.

Everything here was by-the-numbers, from Oliver going after Ra's, to the offer, to Felicity hooking up with Ray.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6

Ray Palmer's post-sex bangs were giving me "Superman Returns" flashbacks.  That's a movie I'd pay money to never sit through again.  I can nap for free at home.

I'll say it again: Malcolm Meryln brings out the stupid in everyone.  When Laurel has to point out the flaws in the plan, they've hit rock bottom.  Please, TV gods, let him just die this time and stay dead.  Everyone has turned into a lying liar that lies to because of him or challenging each other for King of the Assholes.  Make it stop.

I've been watching a lot of "Vikings" lately and digging King Ecbert's hot tub conference room, but I really thought we'd see Oliver and R'as hashing it out in that steam bath/Lazarus Pit.  You know, not wearing shirts.

Finally: get it Felicity.  Ray's a weirdo, but he's a weirdo that works for her.  Hacking each other seems to be their mating call.  He's nice and normal and not afraid of his feelings.  Keep it coming.

ETA:

Well, Routh's Superman was a stalker so that fits in well with Ray Palmer.

So...is it safe to say that Oliver went after Ra again without having a plan?  Brilliant...*rolls eyes*

• Love 4

Omg I just saw Ray flying on a tumblr gif set. This shit is so out of place on Arrow. Painfully so. If I didn't know it happened on Arrow I would have assumed it was from another show. Make it go away already. 

Also congrats Ray on being another guy who leaves Felicity behind. JFC. Awful. The only positive thing about all that is how obvious a rebound he is. Oliver went off to meet Ra's again and the next thing you know, Felicity's sleeping with Ray. Everything she does is in reaction to Oliver and her feelings about him. I don't know if Raylicity will end this season (doubtful right now) but it has got a very obvious expiry date. Yikes.

Yeah, Ray is the problem for me. I'd be fine with Barry or whomever. Hell, I wrote a story where she hooked up with Nightwing. But Ray is so creepy and underdeveloped to me that I can't get behind anything to do with him. 

He was definitely creepy in this one with his, "Ooops I forgot to put clothes on because I forget that we work together sometimes" schtick. Felicity, I love you forever, but you're smart. Don't fall for that shit unless you're gonna use him and lose him.

• Love 7

They were definitely the best thing about this episode. I'm just going to stay in my "can't let him go alone"/best man/"I will beg you to free him" happy place.

I don't think it's that simple. I think Oliver is terrified and he's been terrified since he was pushed off the cliff. He didn't even try to save his own life in the end, he just begged for Diggle's.

• Love 4

So...no one died?

From what I understand, Lauriver did (for the foreseeable anyway).

RIP.

Edited by Guest

I think Laurel Brown kinda exaggerated. I didn't see what Laurel said as a "Lauriver dying moment" 

Yeah, I didn't see that either.  They're definitely going back to that well at some point. They'll pretend it's "sexy" and "hot" to have them at odds with each other.

So is Thea in the clear now?

Also, I am not a Twitter person, don't even have an account, but I followed #Arrow to see what was happening.  It didn't seem particularly busy, but I could have just been using it wrong.  I do the same with The Walking Dead, though (I can't watch an ep without knowing what happens because I get really freaked out), and that Twitter is usually so busy I can't even keep up.  This thread was barely moving, but did I miss something re how Twitter works?

I think Laurel Brown kinda exaggerated. I didn't see what Laurel said as a "Lauriver dying moment" 

I just think it's another straw to add to the pile on the camel's back of shitty things Oliver's done to Laurel. 

So is Thea in the clear now?

With Ra's, maybe, but not with Nyssa. She told Nyssa she was the one who killed Sara and then handed her a sword (for a duel or to kill her with, I can't remember).

I'd like to think Robert Downey Jr. and the rest of the Iron Man gang have better things to do when then watch this show, but if they do watch, I'm pretty sure they did spit-takes during that ATOM stuff.  They aren't even trying to pretend they aren't ripping that off.  Well, except Ray's no Tony Stark, but that goes without saying.

Maybe I just prepared myself very well, but Ray/Felicity happening, really didn't bother me.  Oh, sure, I'm glad to know that creepin and invading ones privacy is certainly the way to pick up women (being their boss is a bonus!), but whatever, fine.  Ollie is being an idiot and it's not like his past choices were any better (Isabel.)  So, by all means, get some, Felicity.  I just wished it was with someone who didn't suck, and it didn't make you isolated from rest.  Really pissed we didn't get any Nyssa/Felicity scenes.

Speaking of which, Nyssa!  Katrina Law really is one of the sexiest women on the planet.  Loved her beating down Malcolm.  Of course, they had to have Ollie beat her, but at least she succeeded in distracting him.  I really wished she was the leader of the League, because I'm still finding Ra's so underwhelming.  But, I can't wait to see what will happen with her and Thea.

At least we finally got a lot of Diggle.  David Ramsey shined in all of his scenes, and he and Stephen Amell still got it, when the show actually uses them.  Oliver was being an idiot, but at least he finally admitted it, at the end.  I am somewhat curious about Ra's wanting him to takeover.

Oh, Laurel.  I was actually on you side for the majority of this.  But you trying to take Malcolm by yourself was just so laughable.  Even if you fully attended to shoot him, then just do it.  Quit teasing me.

Yeah, I think something is going to happen to Maseo and Tatsu's kid, when he's with Ollie on the run.  Can't see anything good coming out of that.

Noticed that Gregory Smith (Ephram from Everwood!) directed this one.  Agree that some of the action scenes were choppy, but I thought some of it was well shot, and the performances were really good.  Wouldn't mind him giving it another go.

• Love 2

I absolutely think that's all she's doing, even if she thinks she's not. I'm not pressed, he's hot, get it girl.

Except that 

she brings him to Diggle's wedding in episode 17. So they're definitely dating

I can't get over the fact that she's committing career suicide for a rebound bang with boss. 

• Love 1

Please keep in mind, this is a topic for discussion of the Nanda Parbat episode. It's fine if you didn't watch it; however, it's about episode discussion, so there's only so much you can add to the conversation.

If you'd like a recap, please tune in tomorrow for the site recap on Previously.TV.

• Love 1

Except that 

she brings him to Diggle's wedding in episode 17. So they're definitely dating

I can't get over the fact that she's committing career suicide for a rebound bang with boss.

That's all Ray is! A rebound and yes she shouldn't be fucking the boss

You know, Laurel, continues to be a selfish ass.   She calls Quentin to tell him that now that he knows the truth, they should go through it together.  Oh FFS Laurel just shut your pie hole.  You just dumped the entire weight of his baby girls death after lying to him for months!   You don't get to tell him how he should grieve. Maybe the message should have been "Dad, I know you're upset with me and you have every right to be. Just checking to make sure you're okay".  

ETA: Also, hypocrite much!? She calls out Oliver for lying to her about Thea but she spent months lying to her own father.  Good grief. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 20

The other thing that's really bothering me is this whole "Malcolm is Thea's father" thing.  No, he's not.  Robert Queen was her father. Walter Steele was her father.  Malcolm Meryln is NOT her father.  

It makes no sense to me (theme of the season?) why everyone keeps SAYING IT and it being the basis for far too much of the storyline.

• Love 18

You know, Laurel, continues to be a selfish ass.   She calls Quentin to tell him that now that he knows the truth, they should go through it together.  Oh FFS Laurel just shut your pie hole.  You just dumped the entire weight of his baby girls death after lying to him for months!   You don't get to tell him how he should grieve. Maybe the message should have been "Dad, I know you're upset with me and you have every right to be. Just checking to make sure you're okay".  

ETA: Also, hypocrite much!? She calls out Oliver for lying to her about Thea but she spent months lying to her own father.  Good grief. 

Her whole, "It's been a week and we should go through this together" (or whatever) actually made me laugh, haha. 

• Love 2

I did LOL at Laurel thinking she could really take on Malcolm .  Girl...please.

Her whole, "It's been a week and we should go through this together" (or whatever) actually made me laugh, haha. 

Oh it made me laugh and I just said, "Shut up Laurel"

• Love 3

The father thing annoys me as well - yes, Robert and Walter were, in reality, Thea's fathers. Having three siblings who are adopted, who I see no differently then my other siblings, we were raised by OUR parents. Even though one of my brothers has since made contact with his biological father, we're all still brothers and sisters. He visits his biological father occasionally, but WE are his family.

So if this were 'real life', I'd be in Thea's face, yelling at her about Robert and Walter. That said, I can let it go for the basis of the show...

• Love 15

Except that

Eh I think she's using Ray

regardless of when she decides to lose him.

Again even if she isn't I'm fine with her banging him, this show has proved often enough how little it cares for reality based stories and character development so I'm not sure why I have to pretend to care about that.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 1

The other thing that's really bothering me is this whole "Malcolm is Thea's father" thing.  No, he's not.  Robert Queen was her father. Walter Steele was her father.  Malcolm Meryln is NOT her father.

Yes Yes Yes! Lord this is bugging me! Yeah, Malcom is Thea`s biological father, but Robert was the man who raised her, and loved her, and Walter was the man who was a positive, loving stepfather to her after Robert died. I hate the idea that biology is more important than actual love. Some biological parents are awful, and don't deserve to have kids, while some parents who have never had blood children can be full of love for the kids they raise as their own. Uggggh!

On the other hand, Nyssa/Katrina Law is amazing. Can we get more Katrina, pretty please?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5

So if this were 'real life', I'd be in Thea's face, yelling at her about Robert and Walter. That said, I can let it go for the basis of the show...

What annoys me the most about Oliver being so concerned about her not losing her "biological father" is not only that he wasn't ever a father figure to her in any way, and he wasn't even some deadbeat who just passively sat around doing nothing for her...he actively hurt her. He put her in harm's way to protect himself, and he drugged her to do it. At that point, no one should care about blood lines. When Oliver said that Malcolm loved Thea, I almost had to turn off my television. 

Is Malcolm drugging Oliver now?

• Love 17

The father thing annoys me as well - yes, Robert and Walter were, in reality, Thea's fathers. 

Yeah, when they had Malcolm say something like, "you must get that from your mother" to Oliver and Thea, I was confused. They were both raised by Robert AND Moira. The only thing Thea got from Malcolm was DNA and it's not like Tommy, his other biological child who he kind of raised for eight years until he took off, had much in common with him either. 

• Love 2

Thea is pretty angry at Malcolm, Yes, it's true that some people have mass murderers for parents but Oliver should have spent his time emotionally separating Thea from her bio-dad, not saving him.

Re Felicity and Ray:  for me, it's not so much sleeping with the boss, since that's SOP on soap operas, which Arrow now totally is, but that they want an Atom spin-off so they do this, even after the hate for Sara last season when she slept with Oliver.  Marc Guggenheim said that Felicity could kill puppies and people would still love her.  I believe that he believes this, but between sleeping with Ray when Oliver has said three times he loves her (viewers are going to forget he walked away every time) and propping Laurel, she's taken a huge hit.

I think I'm just going to fastforward both Ray and Felicity now.  Sad about my favourite character.

Anyone else was thinking that Oliver "real reason" for going after Ra's will be Felicity's related? I can't eat, sleep....I don't know yet if I'm happy or sad that it wasn't, lol.

No, sorry.  It came across as being all about Oliver's ego; Ra's beat me therefore I must beat him.  A worthy successor in that sense.

• Love 3

Marc Guggenheim said that Felicity could kill puppies and people would still love her.  I believe that he believes this, but between sleeping with Ray when Oliver has said three times he loves her (viewers are going to forget he walked away every time) and propping Laurel, she's taken a huge hit.

I'm actually surprised that more people don't seem to be angry about this. Seems like most of the people I follow who would get up-in-arms over it responded with a resounding "meh." Maybe TPTB did a good job of preparing everyone? Or maybe Ray is just that bland. 

ETA: I realized this might come off as me trying to talk you out of your irritation with Felicity - not my intention. I'm just genuinely surprised more people aren't angry/riled up about it.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I'm actually surprised that more people don't seem to be angry about this. Seems like most of the people I follow who would get up-in-arms over it responded with a resounding "meh." Maybe TPTB did a good job of preparing everyone? Or maybe Ray is just that bland. 

ETA: I realized this might come off as me trying to talk you out of your irritation with Felicity - not my intention. I'm just genuinely surprised more people aren't angry/riled up about it.

I've actually seen more disgust for Ray tbh, more than I was expecting. The implications that he told Felicity everything she needed to hear before getting her into bed. And basically screwing her and then leaving to play with his suit which is clearly more important to him. Mostly though everyone is resigned and meh about it. 

Personally I have been dreading Raylicity but now that it's happened I really don't care. 

Apparently #SaveFelicitySmaok has been getting some traction. The vibe I have been getting is less anger at Felicity, and more at the writers, if that makes sense. 

I have always liked Malcom, but this is getting ridiculous. How did this guy outlive Moira? Sara? How is he still around, but not Walter? Why is he not dead yet, his story is OVER! Deal with it!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3

Yeah, there's definitely a reverse double standard going on. There was much more rage over Oliver and Sara hooking up last year, which I don't understand, because neither Oliver and Felicity had acknowledged any feelings for each other back then. Yes, Oliver's "I love you"s this season  have been all talk and no action, but he did say it.  

Well, at least Oliver showed some self-awareness towards the end there about his reasons for wanting to go to Nanda Parbat.  

I feel like this could all set up some interesting stuff...but judging by the way the writers have handed the first half of the season, they'll have to really improve the quality for the back half of the season.  I'm not so confident that will happen.

Otherwise it was pretty predictable, even though they kept hyping how surprising it would be.  But maybe that was just because I was spoiled.  To the average at home viewer it might've been a huge surprise.

Ray and Felicity (I refuse to use Raylicity, which is a stupid name)...I could deal with it IF they didn't use it as an excuse to completely remove Felicity from the Arrow team half the time.  I couldn't believe she didn't have more of an opinion to state down in the lair.  Although maybe she's just given up on trying to reason with Oliver at this point.  He never listens to her anyways, so maybe she decided to just stop trying so much.

I was shocked how slow and dull the episode felt.

I'm anti Raylicity too but then I'm anti Laureliver as well. 

Ugh throughout most of it.  The writing is still half-assed.  I can't stand Laurel being part of the team and I badly miss the Oliver/Felicity/Diggle days/dynamic.  Felicity shacking up with her stalker is not endearing.  Thea being a dumbass about her guilt with Merlyn.  Speaking of dumbasses, Oliver and his martyr complex can go straight to hell.  I WANT TO SAVE THEA's SOUL...go **** yourself!  All this nonsense to save Malcolm Meryln.  Oh, never mind that...he was just upset that someone was better than him.

Now, that being said, I REALLY liked the stuff with Oliver and Diggle.  You see, writers, it's not that hard to write stuff for Diggle and we get to see some interaction between the two that we haven't seen for a while.  Them picking off League of Assassin guards was pretty cool too.  This stuff pulled the episode up and kept it from being a total train wreck.

Well, I did enjoy Malcolm's verbal beatdown of Laurel.  That was hilarious...about as hilarious as Laurel's face when she told Thea "It's not your fault."  I don't think her face barely moved this episode.

Diggle was the man and looked soo pretty in his black leather jacket.  Yum!

I can't believe I'm gonna have to fast forward Felicity scenes with Ray. Ugh raylicity makes me I'm so sick of Ray getting everything he wants

Was there anything we didn't guess beforehand?  So much for jaw-dropping and shocking.

Along with many in the audience.

I can't believe the stupid in having Felicity actually sleep with Ray.  Way to make one of the two remaining likable characters unlikable. Way to turn people off Ray/The Atom, your new superhero.

It was so clearly written as she thinks Oliver has just gone off to his death...again...because at least in part he wouldn't listen to her telling him he was going to get himself killed.  (there is a part of me that doesn't want to reward Oliver for such stupid behavior with , you know, living, but that really would ruin Arrow for me sooo I'm going to live with Felicity being proven wrong - but only because Ra's is a misogynistic ass.  So she forced Ray out of his computers and makes him eat and shower and then Ray is standing there with the towel at times just barely hanging on - honestly I would have like to have been on set for that, that towel had to have slipped a few times - and he's going on about how much he trusts her judgment and relies on her that he forgets their not more than just working together and so she lays one on him.  And vice versa.  It was written as inevitable but sigh...why does it all have to be so predictable.  3.15  We called the lunge probably back before Oliver ever was pronounced dead my MM. 

Thea and Roy, Thea and Laurel, Nyssa, Ray and Felicity and Raylicity all trended briefly.  Atom did not trend - even when he flew. rme

What happened to this show's writers.

Seriously.  This was the stupidest thing...and Diggle backed him up on it making sense!  Yes Oliver let Ra's get in his head but the way to get him out was not hand yourself over practically on a silver platter to the dude to kill you for good this time. 

He was definitely creepy in this one with his, "Ooops I forgot to put clothes on because I forget that we work together sometimes" schtick. Felicity, I love you forever, but you're smart. Don't fall for that shit unless you're gonna use him and lose him.

I took it as less of "oops, I'm naked" than that Ray has a hard time remembering that they are not in a relationship.  The same way that Felicity is totally substituting Ray to fix Oliver, Ray is thinking of Felicity as the person that fills Anna's shoes and towel viewership. 

I was floored that Laurel managed to make her not telling Quentin and him being mad about it something that he was doing to hurt her now.  She makes everything about her.  Astonishing but absolutely not astonishing. 

The other thing that's really bothering me is this whole "Malcolm is Thea's father" thing.  No, he's not.  Robert Queen was her father. Walter Steele was her father.  Malcolm Meryln is NOT her father.  

It makes no sense to me (theme of the season?) why everyone keeps SAYING IT and it being the basis for far too much of the storyline.

This!!!!   Malcolm is a sperm donor who she tried to fool herself into thinking is her father.  She woke up to that fact he is not.  I really think she'd get over letting the manipulating murderer get his just desserts for crimes that had nothing even to do with her. 

Was there anything we didn't guess beforehand?  So much for jaw-dropping and shocking.

Thea offering herself up to Nyssa to do with as she pleased.  That was the only thing.  Well that and Laurel trying to fight Malcolm but that was less shocking than jaw-dropping stupid on her part.  She did have the gun though but I'm still convince Malcolm would have taken her out.  I honestly thought that Laurel (who I swear Nyssa called Laura) was working with Nyssa as an incredibly lame but effective distraction. 

Nyssa and her peeps are pretty slow though.  They grab Malcolm but Oliver still has time to talk to Thea then go back to the club and then drive out the airfield and almost stops the helicopter from leaving.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7

Regarding Felicity and Ray...I have seen quite a few posts that people are relieved that it's over with.  I guess people have been anticipating it with dread since 3.01.  It looks more like a rebound than anything else.  She went to Ray pretty much after Oliver said he was going to Nanda Parbat and wouldn't die.  He left her again

• Love 1