Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: Nanda Parbat

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Malcolm is captured by Ra’s al Ghul and taken to Nanda Parbat. Because of his love for Thea, Oliver considers saving Merlyn. Ray is obsessed with finishing his Atom suit so he can save the city but Felicity fears he is heading down the same path as Oliver and tries to pull him out of the lab.

That was anti-climatic and underwhelming...

Love Diggle & Oliver's friendship

Thea & Roy were good together

Felicity will probably be a snoozefest for the next however many episodes.  Yes, they did hook up.

Laurel & Nyssa will be hanging out together I guess.

Yes, Ra's wants Oliver to be his heir.  Sounds like he will at least until the next game changer.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 2

Well, that was about as stupid/awful as I expected it to be. 

"Somewhat" romantic? LMAO. Felicity, any guy who will leave you in bed to go faux Iron Man off the top of his building doesn't deserve you. He's so gross and predatory pretending like he forgot to put on clothes. Why do they have to make him do that? 

I'm glad Diggle was willing to orphan his child so that Thea wouldn't have to feel bad about turning Malcolm over. 

And Ra's wanting Oliver to be the next Ra's? The board was right on that one. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 20

I think the title of the episode can be changed to "I have a bad feeling about this."  Throughout the episode, I was expecting the League to kill Diggle.  I still have a bad feeling about this, even though the episode is over.  Dig with the baby, wanting to go to Nanda Parbat, Lyle encouraging him, Dig saying every soldier has to think he'll return home, asking Oliver to be his best man, and Oliver begging for Dig's life, they were laying it on thick.  So I say to the Arrow writers, don't kill Diggle.

Oh Nyssa, you're more than welcome in any episode.

• Love 4

Sigh. I just don't even know what to do with this show anymore.  So let's see...Oliver gets the offer to be Ra's Al Ghul and yet we still haven't been able to see him become the Green Arrow.

I don't get it.

And Raylicity is gross.  I hope Felicity was thinking about Oliver the whole time. 

• Love 3

So the big shocking twist was the offer to be Ra's heir, right?  How the hell is that shocking?  That is a complete Batman ripoff.  Even I know that, and I've never read a Batman comic in my life.  God this show sucks now.  (Didn't watch, kept up on twitter, which, at the arrow hashtag, really wasn't all that busy.)

• Love 9

Sigh. I just don't even know what to do with this show anymore.  So let's see...Oliver gets the offer to be Ra's Al Ghul and yet we still haven't been able to see him become the Green Arrow.

I don't get it.

And Raylicity is gross.  I hope Felicity was thinking about Oliver the whole time.

That would be hilarious!

Oliver asked Diggle why he didn't tell him he was doing this for something other than Thea before they left. Um, he did, while they were talking in Verdant. This show can't even keep track of things that happened within the same episode.

That was not as bad as I was expecting from spoilers, but aside from the Oliver/Digg bromance, I can't say I liked the episode. 

I have a bad feeling that Tatsu and Maseo's son is killed while under Oliver's care. I'm consoling myself with the fact that neither of them seem disgusted with Oliver at the present time, which is more than can be said for like half of the main cast at this moment. 

• Love 6

Well, at least Oliver showed some self-awareness towards the end there about his reasons for wanting to go to Nanda Parbat.  

I feel like this could all set up some interesting stuff...but judging by the way the writers have handed the first half of the season, they'll have to really improve the quality for the back half of the season.  I'm not so confident that will happen.

Otherwise it was pretty predictable, even though they kept hyping how surprising it would be.  But maybe that was just because I was spoiled.  To the average at home viewer it might've been a huge surprise.

Ray and Felicity (I refuse to use Raylicity, which is a stupid name)...I could deal with it IF they didn't use it as an excuse to completely remove Felicity from the Arrow team half the time.  I couldn't believe she didn't have more of an opinion to state down in the lair.  Although maybe she's just given up on trying to reason with Oliver at this point.  He never listens to her anyways, so maybe she decided to just stop trying so much.

• Love 2

Diggle is the man and my love for Nyssa knows no bounds.

Since I'm on Team Felicity Get Some, I was pleased to see my girl have some fun. Continue hooking up with Ray, I'm cool with it. Less time spent on the ridiculous working with Malcolm/Ra's recruiting Oliver plotline the better.

Arrow's showrunners and writers really love Nolan's Batman trilogy, eh?

• Love 3

Not sure how they made it clear that Lauriver is over (since I didn't watch), but I'm guessing that was done so that we know that Oliver and Laurel will not be happening while Felicity is moving on with Ray.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit

I actually really liked this. Diggle totally won this episode for me. Everybody was listening to him when he was authoritative, he told off Merlyn, he got the sweet family scenes, he called Oliver his brother. I liked Thea's interactions with Team Arrow. Felicity and Ray were the only thing I didn't like, and even they got a me a tiny bit with the "password" bit. 

• Love 3

Ugh throughout most of it.  The writing is still half-assed.  I can't stand Laurel being part of the team and I badly miss the Oliver/Felicity/Diggle days/dynamic.  Felicity shacking up with her stalker is not endearing.  Thea being a dumbass about her guilt with Merlyn.  Speaking of dumbasses, Oliver and his martyr complex can go straight to hell.  I WANT TO SAVE THEA's SOUL...go **** yourself!  All this nonsense to save Malcolm Meryln.  Oh, never mind that...he was just upset that someone was better than him.

Now, that being said, I REALLY liked the stuff with Oliver and Diggle.  You see, writers, it's not that hard to write stuff for Diggle and we get to see some interaction between the two that we haven't seen for a while.  Them picking off League of Assassin guards was pretty cool too.  This stuff pulled the episode up and kept it from being a total train wreck.

Well, I did enjoy Malcolm's verbal beatdown of Laurel.  That was hilarious...about as hilarious as Laurel's face when she told Thea "It's not your fault."  I don't think her face barely moved this episode.

So this episode managed to have basically everyone but Original Team Arrow - clearly a thing of the past - talk to each other. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Oliver and Diggle moments. Diggle asking him to be his best man especially. But if Oliver and Felicity are "fine professionally" there is no excuse not to have Oliver talk with Diggle and Felicity, the two people he relies on the most, about his decision to go to Nanda Parbat, just the three of them. But oh right. I forgot. Felicity needed to prop her boss who, if he can leave her in the bed to go play with his toys, is clearly not a genius.

Felicity Smoak deserved a better love interest than Phony Stark. Sigh.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 15

Am I the only one who does not care at all about Ray Palmer and his wanna-be suit? Anytime he is on screen it takes me completely out of the show.

I was a little underwhelmed but I'm glad most of the secrets are out in the open. Interested in seeing how the Thea/Nyssa relationship turns out.

• Love 4

I am as big as fan of Oliver and Felicity as anyone but I LIKE that Ray and Felicity are together.  Right now, he is treating her better than Oliver has. 

Ray is putting her before the mission.  Until Oliver can do that, I’m all for Felicity and Ray hooking up.

He's being nice to her. But he's been a creepy stalker, and I don't think him coming out in a towel was all that 'oops'.

I would prefer Felicity hang out with Barry than creepy Ray

• Love 10

I am as big as fan of Oliver and Felicity as anyone but I LIKE that Ray and Felicity are together.  Right now, he is treating her better than Oliver has. 

Ray is putting her before the mission.  Until Oliver can do that, I’m all for Felicity and Ray hooking up.

You see, I would be fine with Ray and Felicity if it wasn't for the fact that their relationship started with Ray stalking her (a whole six months after his wife was killed on top of that).  Brandon Routh's been very good in this role but I'm put off at the writers thinking that stalking is adorable.

I understand Diggle wanting to help Oliver but yeah, getting tangled up with the League of Assassins is having the worst kind of influence over your child.

• Love 3

I actually thought I'd be angry about Felicity/Ray, but I'm surprised that I just don't care. I am angry that she fell for the "whoops, forgot my clothes" bit and that she slept with him and then he left her to go faux Iron Man, but other than that I can't be bothered to get worked up over it. 

Since everyone acquired a case of the stupids to accommodate an even stupider plot, I hated this entire episode, save for Oliver and Diggle. That scene between the two of them before Ra's showed up was great. I need more of this between Oliver and everyone he cares about. More. Now.

• Love 7

I loved Felicity's red dress. 

Otherwise Laurel and Roy were my favorite characters but this has been achieved by making every other character's stupid burn like hot pepper acid.

OH at least Nyssa still got to be Nyssa, maybe she's wearing a magic suit of Stupid deflecting armor. 

• Love 3

Oliver & Diggle were awesome, I'm so happy Oliver has someone in his corner...a brother!

LOVED Oliver telling Fakanary twice to STFU and GTFO....GO OLIVER!

Loved how both Nyssa and MM made fun of her.

Felicity couldn't grab Oliver for a kiss like she did tonight? WTFever....her scenes were boring tonight and she is becoming FF until she is done with Ray's prop duty.

This is the offer? so blah.

• Love 4

Felicity had to coerce him into eating and showering and he left the bed to go fix his suit. I don't think he is putting her before the mission any more than Oliver has put any of his love interests before the mission. Oliver also has left the bed in almost every sex scene he's had to suit up and I don't think it's a good sign for the Ray/Felicity relationship that Ray is doing the same. And most of the times Oliver left his love interest in bed there was a life or death reason. He wasn't just putting his suit on and playing with arrows. 

• Love 18

Am I the only one who does not care at all about Ray Palmer and his wanna-be suit? Anytime he is on screen it takes me completely out of the show.

I was a little underwhelmed but I'm glad most of the secrets are out in the open. Interested in seeing how the Thea/Nyssa relationship turns out.

Definitely not...Ray Palmer is of no interest to me either!

• Love 1

He's being nice to her. But he's been a creepy stalker, and I don't think him coming out in a towel was all that 'oops'.

I would prefer Felicity hang out with Barry than creepy Ray

I would much prefer Felicity with Barry

• Love 2

Soooo.....Arrow is not even hiding them stealing Bruce Wayne's story lines for Oliver Queen, heh? I was waiting for Ra'as to pimp Talia out to him too. I think I'm officially done with this show. 

Yeah, I wouldn't rule that out from happening in future episodes. That seems like a logical step in terms of plot progression considering that Nyssa appears to have become ineligible for the throne by being a lesbian.

Edited by strikera0

With the exception of the Oliver & Nyssa fight the action scenes weren't that great either.  Let's be honest though...I enjoyed Malcolm tossing inept Laurel around.

So this episode managed to have basically everyone but Original Team Arrow - clearly a thing of the past - talk to each other. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Oliver and Diggle moments. Diggle asking him to be his best man especially. But if Oliver and Felicity are "fine professionally" there is no excuse not to have Oliver talk with Diggle and Felicity, the two people he relies on the most, about his decision to go to Nanda Parbat, just the three of them. But oh right. I forgot. Felicity needed to prop her boss who, if he can leave her in the bed to go play with his toys, is clearly not a genius.

Felicity Smoak deserved a better love interest than Phony Stark. Sigh.

They seem to have gone out of their way to not have Original Team Arrow interact at all this season.

• Love 6

I wasn't going to watch, but a friend lost cable and asked me to FaceTime her in to watch the episode.

Bad idea. 

The only worthwhile scene was Diggle and Oliver when Digg asked Oliver to be his best man.  Everything else was a mishmash of nonsense and none of the scenes really connected.

If Ray hadn't met anyone else, I would assume he was a figment of Felicity's imagination who says all the right things at all the right times.  I'm not saying that Felicity shouldn't get some, because you go, girl, but this scenario did not feel EARNED.  It felt like, "End of February Sweeps. FUCK ALL Y'ALL. PEACE OUT."

I hated Nolan's "Dark Knight" trilogy, so this Ra's al Guhl stuff has done next to nothing for me. I don't see that changing. Oliver isn't going to accept that offer. Nothing is going to change. It feels like the entire season is just stagnant. 

• Love 8

This show is just... beyond idiotic. I literally could not understand ANYONE'S motivations tonight. And Oliver is the dumbest of them all.

Also, show, if you want to be Batman... JUST BE BATMAN. None of us care about this. The dude who plays R'as Al Ghul is not at all intimidating, Nyssa/Katrina Law is the only one trying to emote, and the rest are just a MESS. Why would Digg go along? Why is Oliver being so stupid? Why does he have to explain how the women in his life are/will feel (what a frustrating ass, seriously)? 

Also, I don't care about Black Canary, or Atom, or Arsenal...which is a problem because I no longer care about Arrow, the vigilante, either. The only people I'm remotely invested in are the two who don't wear masks, and they're suffering from terrible storylines. Poor Felicity and Diggle, forced to go along with the craziness that is Oliver, and the terrible writing/pacing/characterization/plot.  (Also didn't like the direction, sorry, Ephram/Gregory Smith!) 

• Love 16

Based on these reactions, I'm going to sit this one out. I don't think I'm even going to record it. I would have never thought this summer that I'd be skipping episodes and wondering when I'll ever watch a new one. I can't watch Ray and Felicity together; I just can't. I might even have to Blacklist them on my Tumblr. Ugh.

Is it better to record and delete or not record it at all? I'm not Nielsen, but don't they look at DVR numbers regardless? It's my own mini-protest.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 5

I wonder how big of a misstep this is going to turn out to be? I only saw one trend tonight (Laurel and Thea), and that was just for a minute or two. Nothing about ATOM, nothing about Arrow, nothing about Ra's. From what I've seen on Twitter not a lot of people seem to be happy about it. I wonder what the reviews will be like, because NONE of that made ANY sense, apart from Laurel and Felicity not wanting anything to do with it. 

• Love 3

Was there anything we didn't guess beforehand?  So much for jaw-dropping and shocking.

I'm consoling myself with the fact that neither of them seem disgusted with Oliver at the present time, which is more than can be said for like half of the main cast at this moment.

Along with many in the audience.

I can't believe the stupid in having Felicity actually sleep with Ray.  Way to make one of the two remaining likable characters unlikable. Way to turn people off Ray/The Atom, your new superhero.

• Love 3

I can't watch Ray and Felicity together; I just can't. I might even have to Blacklist them on my Tumblr. Ugh.

I'm honestly surprised at what a non-event it was. And thank god we just had to see them kiss. And then lie in bed together for a second or two before Ray took off, lmao.

I wonder how big of a misstep this is going to turn out to be? I only saw one trend tonight (Laurel and Thea), and that was just for a minute or two. Nothing about ATOM, nothing about Arrow, nothing about Ra's. From what I've seen on Twitter not a lot of people seem to be happy about it. I wonder what the reviews will be like, because NONE of that made ANY sense, apart from Laurel and Felicity not wanting anything to do with it. 

Felicity and Ray was trending briefly.

• Love 1

Based on these reactions, I'm going to sit this one out. I don't think I'm even going to record it. I would have never thought this summer that I'd be skipping episodes and wondering when I'll ever watch a new one. I can't watch Ray and Felicity together; I just can't. I might even have to Blacklist them on my Tumblr. Ugh.

I can't believe I'm gonna have to fast forward Felicity Scenes with Ray I can't take her being Romantic with Ray I detest him. This fucker gets everything he wants while MG and Crew jerk off to dumping on Oliver. FUCK YOU MG

• Love 4