Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: It's Just A Scratch

• Start Topic

I LOVED watching the extended scenes from the poker night drama on Bravo.  Kyle telling Kim to never, ever bring Brandi around her again is a terrific lead in to next week's drama.  I'd ask what was on either Kim or Brandi's minds to crash Kyle's party, but, well, you know.

I know....I actually chuckled to myself in the extended scene, where Kim is sitting on the curb, taking off her shoes and saying "I didn't even want to come here, I just wanted to stay home with Monty". 

Didn't she tell Lisa Rinna in the car ride on the way there that Monty hadn't been home for a few nights??? 

Kim is certainly a study in contradiction.

• Love 6

There were rumors that she was boozing behind the scenes on Celebrity Apprentice.

According to sources from the show, Brandi has been frequently losing her cool on set, to the point that she was formally "reprimanded" by producers and was then "sent to her hotel to get herself together" while the rest of the cast continued filming.

I think they're giving her a generous edit. Trump has a soft spot for her.

Tawny tweeting about the show. Haha. Let me quote myself in the Casting Speculation thread.

Some former hot 90s babe like Tawny Kitean or Bobbie Brown. Again, could bring the drama in a trainwreck way that every show needs.

If they keep Brandi [ugh] she's going to need someone to film with. This could be perfect for her. A bigger emotional trainwreck might make her look better in comparison. Sort of like how it was supposed to be with Kim.

• Love 4

Wow so Kim in her blog is sticking to her story that her recovery is sound and that she wanted to leave because she wasn't feeling well. Well I give her an A for effort. She found a story and she's sticking to it.

Kyle lets loose some inner truth cannon in her blog too. Good for you Kyle.

Kim never once mentioned she wanted to leave did she?  I recall Brandi saying something along the lines of Brandi saying or slurring, "getting you gone", to Kim.  Even when Kim was advised she was leaving it was Kim who wanted to go back in the house.  My theory on Kim's injuries is most likely they are either over stated or the hernia and ruptured disc have been around for awhile. 

• Love 1

Yea, that's the last thing she needs. Honestly, I feel if Brandi had some deeply traumatizing childhood, we'd already know about it. She's certainly not the type to use discretion when airing one's dirty laundry. 

Right? It could have looked cute and appropriate for the occasion, but it really just looked like she had stumbled out of bed, pulled it off the floor, Febreezed it, and threw it over her unwashed head. 

Or anyone else's for that matter....including her parents and sister. 

We've learned, more and more with each passing season, that Brandi is a terrible person.  But did we forget that Kyle's character is pretty awful, too? 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-2/episode-204/videos?clip=17154660

Nothing can ever convince me that her crappy, unsportsmanlike behavior at that party isn't deeply, deeply ingrained. She's a POS. Just like her sister.  Just like Brandi.  Faye Resnick, Taylor Armstrong.....

Lisa's hair looks nice, though.

I think all of the housewives are capable of being nasty, bitchy and mean whenever it is required of them (well, the jury's still out on Eileen and Lisar - but, it could/will probably happen at some point).

I am no fan of Kyle's, and I thought she and Kim behaved horribly during the first "game night", but I still think that Brandi is worse - much worse.

• Love 7

Yes, Kim made that motion as she and Brandi were walking out of Eileen's house.

Yes, Lisa/Ken like to help "stray" humans but they only "kick" them out with the "garbage" when they start biting them, like Cedric/Brandi did.  

Kim's exact words to Kyle in the bathroom were "Monty gave me a pain pill like my Dr gave me", which means it was something she was prescribed before at sometime by a DR. They were not her pills this time, they were Monty's pills and exactly how did Monty "give it" to her? He left her home 2 days before the poker party and she did not know where he was according to what she told Lisa R in the limo.

For some reason I thought I heard her say Monty had given her a pill from her doctor, not quoting here.....and wasn't there a subtitle too?    Also, Kim said on the way out that Monty was at her house, unlike what she had said in the limo on the way there.     Guess I will have to watch again.

• Love 3

I think that's the mitigating factor at work here.  No, I've never seen any of the CA participants ever drinking, aside from the celebratory champagne when they win a challenge or when they first arrive.

I personally think Trump would bounce anyone immediately out of that boardroom if there were any question of substance abuse.

Evil troll of a human being that I am, though, I'd be a dirty liar if I didn't say I wondered if Brandi's need for a few drinks were what caused her "anxiety attack" a couple of episodes ago.  

Didn't that happen with Dennis Rodman a few years ago?   (I know - this is off topic...)

• Love 3

It looked like a prison bitch scenario, like Brandi was marking her territory.

I love you.  

Didn't that happen with Dennis Rodman a few years ago?   (I know - this is off topic...)

Oh, I think it did, now that you mention it.

I can't remember if that's why he was fired but I do recall he had gone out engaging in some heavy duty partying or something during filming.

I'd have to rewatch again but, yeah, I don't think The Donald and His Hair would put up with those types of shenanigans.

I think he even got pissed off that David Cassidy was sneaking off to have a cigarette so I'm pretty sure he doesn't suffer drunken fools, either.  

• Love 6

Brandi deserves every ounce of shade thrown her way, but it wouldn't be prudent not to point out bitchy nuggets from the other Hos.  Because someday, we're all gonna say, oh yeah...Lisa Rinna was a little hateful back then.  Should have seen the signs...  ;-0

Lisa R:  "You're so cute.  Look at you in your little Western wear."

Brandi:  "I have Back to School Night tonight.  I'm trying to be proper for the teachers."

Lisa: "Is this proper for the teachers?" Game show hands.  "Wowwwwwwwww"  turns to look at her other guests, one of whom is looking Brandi up and down and then asks, "Can you imagine if I showed up at my school like that?"  

Classic Rinna but oh so bitchy to a guest in your home.

I thought that conversation between Lisar and Brandi was a little snarky on Lisa's part, too....

But, to be honest, I CANNOT stand how every frickin' time these women get together, they are not even saying "hello" before they are saying "Oh - don't you look cute?"  or "You look gorgeous" or "Look how great you look"....I mean, it is at each and every get together.  These women are supposed to be friends - I don't know about everyone else, but my friends and I don't constantly compliment each other every single time we are together.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 10

She also never said they were Monty's pills. She said Monty gave her a pill which had been prescribed by her own doctor for pain. Of course, it could be a lie, but that is what she said.

Kim's exact words to Kyle in the bathroom were "Monty gave me a pain pill like my Dr gave me", which means it was something she was prescribed before at sometime by a DR. They were not her pills this time, they were Monty's pills and exactly how did Monty "give it" to her? 

Actually she said, "Before I left the house, Monty gave me something for the pain that the doctor gave me. And I took it, and that's it."

I understood that to mean, Monty administered one of Kim's own pills to her.   So I have a question:  If a drug addict isn't supposed to have ANY narcotics, what happens if the addict breaks an arm or whatever.  That's okay under controlled circumstances right?  Or no.

• Love 4

I'm not watching CA but if Brandi is rockin it I hope she will give serious consideration to leaving the RH and pursuing something else. It clearly is not good for her mental health.

Brandi wants to just be an author.  The only problem is she needs to get into some classes and learn to write.  She will never be able to support herself having to use somebody to take her thoughts and put them in writing.  From some of the excerpts in her book even her choice of a co-author is questionable.  She is also running out of material.  I do think Brandi wants to do a totally x-rated show like Kandi's where she get paid for talking about sex all the time.  I think with ther present state of celeb she thinks she can get famous folks on and open and talk about their sex lives and fantasies. 

• Love 4

Does it look like a regular hospital inside? I know that's a weird thing to ask but I just can't get my head around wanting to "relax" in that kind of environment, no matter how desperate one might be for drugs. (I hate hospitals.)

I'm not sure if someone answered- yes, it's totally a regular hospital inside. Huge hospital though. I peeked into the fancy labor & delivery rooms when I was giving birth- those are nice. My delivery room had a view of the Hollywood hills, which was nice. Otherwise, typical.

• Love 2

But, to be honest, I CANNOT stand how every frickin' time these women get together, they are not even saying "hello" before they are saying "Oh - don't you look cute?"  or "You look gorgeous" or "Look how great you look"....I mean, it is at each and every get together.  These women are supposed to be friends - I don't know about everyone else, but my friends and I don't constantly compliment each other every single time we are together.

Yes!  I think I've called each of my girlfriends 'gorgeous' once in a lifetime.  Probably on their wedding day.  J/K.  It's more often than that but I don't say "you look beautiful" in lieu of  "hello". 

And they get one fricking kiss on one cheek.

• Love 5

I hope we get to see a bit more of Anwar, even though typically I prefer to have le kidz off camera.  I'm curious to see how Yolanda deals with a son.  That strawberry breakfast was different.  

Wouldn't it be really great and super refreshing if Kyle just stopped mentioning Brandi at all?  Drumming it up in her blog all over again.  Why?  Another round of she said-she said for the Reunion.  

Brandi, always so thoughtful, was suggesting pretty clearly that when Kim called her at 2 a.m., she was already messed up.  Hence the worry, I guess, and the additional call to Kyle.  Under the radar sharing. 

Lord forgive me, but when Kim was cry-talking about how both her sister and "her best friend" love her so much that they end up fighting over her, I had to laugh.  

• Love 5

Kim never once mentioned she wanted to leave did she?  I recall Brandi saying something along the lines of Brandi saying or slurring, "getting you gone", to Kim.  Even when Kim was advised she was leaving it was Kim who wanted to go back in the house.  My theory on Kim's injuries is most likely they are either over stated or the hernia and ruptured disc have been around for awhile. 

From Kim's blog:

I remember just wanting to leave so badly that I just kept on walking and didn’t even see the physical altercation between Brandi and Kyle.

From my memory, yes, she started walking out and Brandi told her something like "Don't worry, I've got your back."  This seemed to be about Kyle getting her TV moment.  Soon after, Kim, turned to go back in "to say goodbye" but it sure looked like she wanted to fight with Kyle to me. 

• Love 4

We've learned, more and more with each passing season, that Brandi is a terrible person.  But did we forget that Kyle's character is pretty awful, too? 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-2/episode-204/videos?clip=17154660

Nothing can ever convince me that her crappy, unsportsmanlike behavior at that party isn't deeply, deeply ingrained. She's a POS. Just like her sister.  Just like Brandi.  Faye Resnick, Taylor Armstrong.....

Lisa's hair looks nice, though.

This is hardly Kyle's finest moment, but it's not even in the same league as Lisa belly-laughing as Brandi makes racist remarks to Joyce.  Not even close, in my opinion.

Wouldn't it be really great and super refreshing if Kyle just stopped mentioning Brandi at all?  Drumming it up in her blog all over again.  Why?  Another round of she said-she said for the Reunion.  

But isn't that what they all do in their weekly blogs - rehash what happened in the episode?  Lisa is still bitching about what happened with everybody last season, but Kyle shouldn't discuss what Brandi did this episode?

• Love 11

Unless you've dealt with a close family member who is an addict, you don't know how exhausting & emotional it can be. I am no fan of Kyle but you could clearly see she's been through it time & again with Kim. At some point you have to have your own life & worry about your own marriage & family even though you never stop worrying about your loved one. 

Brandi doesn't get it that when Kim calls her & complains about life & Kyle she's venting. That's what friends do. They complain about family & life. It doesn't meat that they don't love their family or want to be in a fight with them. Brandi should have stayed out of it. Nope, she makes excuses for Kim & wants to isolate her so she can manipulate her against Kyle. I wouldn't doubt that Brandi is pissed that Kyle & Lisa V are ok now. Brandi doesn't want friends she want's #'s for her side. She gets a friend becomes super close with them & then turns on them. Notice how she even flipped a little on Yolanda when Yo told her not to get drunk. She's destructive. I am so glad Eileen & Lisa R see through her & didn't fall for the poor victim excuse that is Brandi. 

• Love 12

I think that's the mitigating factor at work here.  No, I've never seen any of the CA participants ever drinking, aside from the celebratory champagne when they win a challenge or when they first arrive.

I personally think Trump would bounce anyone immediately out of that boardroom if there were any question of substance abuse.

Evil troll of a human being that I am, though, I'd be a dirty liar if I didn't say I wondered if Brandi's need for a few drinks were what caused her "anxiety attack" a couple of episodes ago.  

Responding in Brandi's thread.

From Kim's blog:

From my memory, yes, she started walking out and Brandi told her something like "Don't worry, I've got your back."  This seemed to be about Kyle getting her TV moment.  Soon after, Kim, turned to go back in "to say goodbye" but it sure looked like she wanted to fight with Kyle to me. 

Wanting is not the same as saying. I got the impression after Kim had gone too far with Kyle and followed her to the bathroom, Kim was sort of okay with Kyle and then she looked at someone and decided Kyle's words (which she could not remember) weren't okay.  Maybe she thought Kyle might say something?  I think Kim is actually probably wanting to make this gig work and knows she needs to be there when filming is going on.  I think part of her lengthy hospitalization gave her an escape from filming excuse.

The rest of Kim's blog makes absolutely no sense.  If the argument between Kyle and Brandi wasn't about Kim what was it about?  I get it is about boundaries and control but it wasn't about the Lisa and Eileen or not getting pizza. One thing is for certain Kim is still not feeling any sisterly love towards Kyle. 

• Love 8

Actually she said, "Before I left the house, Monty gave me something for the pain that the doctor gave me. And I took it, and that's it."

I understood that to mean, Monty administered one of Kim's own pills to her.   So I have a question:  If a drug addict isn't supposed to have ANY narcotics, what happens if the addict breaks an arm or whatever.  That's okay under controlled circumstances right?  Or no.

She said that "Monty gave her a pain pill like the one Drs gave her", I re- watched with my closed caption on because I wanted to be clear I heard what I thought I heard. LOL She told Lisa R in the limo ride over that Monty was not home, that he left 2 days earlier , she did not know where he was, that is when Lisa said something about him being in great pain. To which Kim replied "What about MY pain, What about MY nights". Monty was not home the day Kim left for the party. It is possible that he came home when she was already at the party but it is also possible that Kim just said he was home as an excuse to leave right there and then, she said this before all hell broke loose between Kyle/Brandi.

• Love 3

I immediately thought that she was one of the breeder's retired mamas. 

Real dog breeder here (not the puppy mill kind the kind who shows their dogs at shows like Westminster).  They said Pumpy had a Thyroid condition so more than likely she was a return dog.  A responsible breeder has gaurantees on specific health issues that pop up in their breed.  Pumpy probably was a retired show dog who could not be bred due to thyroid issues so returned to the breeder and replaced to the owner.

Interestingly these dogs usually last about 15 seconds between homes.  I get requests all the time for retired show dogs and when a friend has one it is like a free for all of people clamoring for them.  They are usually completely house trained, well socialized and easy to fit in homes.  That whole thing was definitely a set up scene.

• Love 10

WireWrap - thanks for clarifying. That exchange still has me confused, but then again, it is coming out of the mouth of an addict. Kim said Monty left two days prior. So, how then did he give her a pill LIKE the one she had been given prior? Either Monty was there or he wasn't. In Kim's frazzled mind, she probably saw Monty there. Is she hallucinating? Or, being an addict, and anyone who knows how addicts work, they fucking lie all the damn time. They twist stories to fit the lie they are setting forth. They can't keep track of the lies they have said. Thankfully, we have cameras to record what Kim said to Lisa R.

• Love 6

I thought that conversation between Lisar and Brandi was a little snarky on Lisa's part, too....

But, to be honest, I CANNOT stand how every frickin' time these women get together, they are not even saying "hello" before they are saying "Oh - don't you look cute?" or "You look gorgeous" or "Look how great you look"....I mean, it is at each and every get together. These women are supposed to be friends - I don't know about everyone else, but my friends and I don't constantly compliment each other every single time we are together.

Word! My BFF and I probably get together for drinks about once a week and unless one of us is looking particularly fancy or wearing something new (we pretty much have each other's closets memorized) we really don't say much about how we look. And we're girly. I agree that it's a weird verbal tick and I too find it annoying. Sort of like how when one of my girlfriends posts a new selfie to Facebook or Instagram there will be a flood or "Hot!" Or "Gorgeous!" Or "Stunning!" within minutes. I don't know why I find it annoying, but I do. I total missed the girly memo on this.

• Love 7

Well, which makes it all sorts of interesting.

If Brandi is such the "truth cannon" about cheaters and how she cannot stand to share the same oxygen with them, how the fresh hell does she justify a friendship with Tawny Kitean?

She was well known and very open about being OJ's mistress both during his marriage and during the attempted reconciliation with Nicole.  In fact, Nicole found a pair of earrings in his drawer that she thought were a birthday or anniversary gift for her, but it turned out he gave them to his mistress, Tawny Kitean.

It's not like her mistress relationship to OJ was kept secret by any stretch of the imagination.  Nor was she under the impression he wasn't married.  She knew very well he was married.

So, what's that again, Brandi, you blazing truth cannon, about not being able to stand cheaters?  

Again, the woman is talking out of both sides of her arse.  No surprise there.  

I am surprised that she gives Kim as pass on cheating as well. It has been reported that Kim cheated on Monty while they were married and that is why they divorced. She married the guy she cheated with, he was husband #2.

Or, these "injuries" are nothing more than a cover story for her falling off the wagon!

• Love 5

The bolded is exactly what Kim said and I think your understanding is how she wants it interpreted but I don't necessarily believe that's what happened. I think that Kim could have very well gotten into Monty's stash with or without his knowledge or consent.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 3

Didn't Kim's mom insist she marry (moneybags) Monty rather than the guy she loved, or something like that?  She was a baby when she married him.  She still calls him her best friends, and they've obviously been co-parenting well for years.  She's willing to take him in while he's dying from a horrible disease, not many ex wives would do that.  (and no, I don't believe she did it because she could score drugs, there are much less painful ways to score drugs.)  As far as why he's there?  Maybe she's the most comfortable for him, maybe others can't take the day-in, day-out stress of dealing with this.  Who knows? 

I wonder  when Kyle got around to checking on her hospitalized sister?

I'd love to know the truth about that hospitalization.  Maybe Kim will tell someone who will eventually spill.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 4

This is hardly Kyle's finest moment, but it's not even in the same league as Lisa belly-laughing as Brandi makes racist remarks to Joyce.  Not even close, in my opinion.

I certainly agree with you there.  I guess I'm surprised at how much lovin' Kyle is getting when in the past, she's proven she can give as good as she gets. 

And to be honest I'm over Kim and Brandi's shenanigans.  I'm ready for some fresh meat.

The bolded is exactly what Kim said and I think your understanding is how she wants it interpreted but I don't necessarily believe that's what happened. I think that Kim could have very well gotten into Monty's stash with or without his knowledge or consent.

And I agree with that, too!  Damn, too bad my husband is travelling this week - I'm being awfully agreeable.  (But maybe that's why. LOL)

Anyhow, Wirewrap, that's weird that your closed captioning is putting up something other than what the subtitle is saying.  I copied the convo directly from the subtitles.  Might seem like a weird question, but are you in the U.S.?

• Love 3

So I have a question:  If a drug addict isn't supposed to have ANY narcotics, what happens if the addict breaks an arm or whatever.  That's okay under controlled circumstances right?  Or no.

You know, I think this can be a matter of opinion.  I'm a nurse, but addiction is not my specialty.  I did a little research on this recently, because I really believe that Kim is unable to stay off of anti-anxiety meds, and wondered how this affects her sobriety.  The opinions were all over the place.  There is a belief that an alcoholic and/or drug addict can responsibly take prescription meds, if very careful.  I also read that if someone accidentally takes a substance, or is given necessary pain medicine, that it's in no way considered a relapse.  I've taken care of addicts in recovery who completely freak out and refuse pain meds, because they fear relapse.  It can be very heart breaking to witness.  Also, I know George Clooney stated he refused to take pain meds for a spinal injury because he was a recovering alcoholic. 

Addiction can be so different person to person.  I have a good friend who was an out of control alcoholic in his twenties.  He quit cold turkey, never went to a support group, hasn't drank in at least fifteen years, and is surrounded by a huge group of social drinkers, and has never once been tempted.  BUT, he uses marijuana daily, and in large quantities.  I think he is so confident in his recovery, that he would take pain meds if necessary (and he did after an appendectomy), and if he accidentally drank something with alcohol in it, he could shake it off, realize it was an innocent mistake, and move on without a problem.

• Love 3

Don't forget, it is Bravo that put in those sub-titles! My closed caption is not coming from Bravo! LOL

Didn't Kim's mom insist she marry (moneybags) Monty rather than the guy she loved, or something like that?  She was a baby when she married him.  She still calls him her best friends, and they've obviously been co-parenting well for years.  She's willing to take him in while he's dying from a horrible disease, not many ex wives would do that.  (and no, I don't believe she did it because she could score drugs, there are much less painful ways to score drugs.)  As far as why he's there?  Maybe she's the most comfortable for him, maybe others can't take the day-in, day-out stress of dealing with this.  Who knows? 

I wonder  when Kyle got around to checking on her hospitalized sister?

I'd love to know the truth about that hospitalization.  Maybe Kim will tell someone who will eventually spill.

Kim was the same age that I was when I got married almost 37 years ago this coming Feb. I am still married and I did not consider myself a "baby" when I got married, nor did my parents. I realize that I did not grow up like Kim did but when she and I got married, 70s-80s, 19 was not considered too young to get married.

I certainly agree with you there.  I guess I'm surprised at how much lovin' Kyle is getting when in the past, she's proven she can give as good as she gets. 

And to be honest I'm over Kim and Brandi's shenanigans.  I'm ready for some fresh meat.

And I agree with that, too!  Damn, too bad my husband is travelling this week - I'm being awfully agreeable.  (But maybe that's why. LOL)

Anyhow, Wirewrap, that's weird that your closed captioning is putting up something other than what the subtitle is saying.  I copied the convo directly from the subtitles.  Might seem like a weird question, but are you in the U.S.?

Bravo and the producers put in the subtitles, not closed captioning. Yes, I am in the US, Eastern US. That is why I watched it a second time with closed captioning on, what I heard Kim say was different than what Bravo/producers put up on the video/screen and........... LOL

In case some think I got it wrong, read Eileen's blog. In it she says that Kim took Monty's meds!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2
I like Eileen for the most part but she can keep her condescending "I'm better than you because I know what a bilini is" bullshit.

I don't think that's all on Eileen. She wasn't just making fun of Brandi for not knowing the name of the thing. Brandi specifically mentioned them to tell everyone that Eileen was a terrible hostess who served kid's pancakes--implying that she was cheap and unsophisticated. Eileen just clarified that they were blinis, a pretty standard adult cocktail food.

I just don't believe Kim's stories about broken ribs etc. We've never seen any evidence of the bronchitis or the pain on screen but now she's got tales of how she was in incredible pain the whole time and just so stoic nobody knew. Wasn't she having lunch with Kyle the same day? I badly bruised a rib once--so not even broken (I only took Ibuprofen) and it was incredible painful to the point where it restricted movement and breathing and had me making occasional yipping noises. Kim was fine at lunch with Kyle but we're supposed to think that shortly after she was in such terrible pain with those things? But the only symptom we ever managed to catch on camera was her looking completely high because she took pain meds? Pain meds the doctor allegedly prescribed for her without yet diagnosing the broken rib etc.?

Of course, my main reason to not believe her is that this is like the thousandth version of this story where due to complicated OTT reasons Kim accidentally seemed really impaired.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 11

Don't forget, it is Bravo that put in those sub-titles! My closed caption is not coming from Bravo! LOL.

I'm not relying on the close captioning that is what I heard Kim say and even before this became a discussion I did a rewind on the bathroom discussion a few times in order to understand what was being said. And I even listened to it a couple times looking away so I know I heard what I heard and am not just relying on the subtitles/captions.
  • Love 10

Brandi is so obvious at this point just trying to start anything to have a story line this season.

So Kim was at the hospital for what? Probably looking for validation for her "pain" excuse and a few "poor Kimmy's".

Loving LisaR & Eileen for seeing thru and calling out the bullshit behavior of others.

That was exactly my thought on Kim.  Go the hospital to complain about pain so that everyone thinks you *really* didn't fall off the wagon.  

And LisaR & Eileen are the best.  I love them.

• Love 4

I love Eileen. Would love to be her friend. And come over for blini and pizza.

Amen!  That blog post was incredible.  Perfectly said.  The part where she mentions sequestering her 11 year old so Brandi can freely express her vulgarities was hilarious.

• Love 10

THIS all day every day. Thank you. 

It's not entertaining to watch the hate on Brandi either. She's not my type of person but I don't wish her harm. I'm hoping she gets out of the spotlight and starts working on her mental health. That's probably not an option because she has to provide for herself and her kids. Unfortunately her work options are in public media. Ugh. This is horrible all around. The Richards Sisters mental dysfunction was hard enough. Adding Brandi's into it has just made this show unwatchable nearly. 

Most people think Brandi is aware of her words and actions. After this episode and reading this thread, I think she's not aware - she genuinely believes she's in the right. She's mentally unbalanced and the change over seasons since she was introduced is gradual but so visible in her appearance. I feel bad for her, though i'd be scared of her too if she was in my life. Whew. This is a dangerous situation Bravo has created. 

I think we throw around the word "mental illness" too cavalierly.  

Brandi is a master manipulator.  I don't believe for one minute she has a mental illness that makes her unaware of what she says.  Does she have an addiction? Possibly.  But she can and should be held responsible for her crass and vile actions.  There are people in this world with true mental illness.  They should be treated sympathetically. Not this woman.

That's my not so humble opinion, of course. ;)

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 10

I don't think that Kim offered to nurse Monty with an eye towards his medicine kit.  Don't think it occurred to her that it might not be smart for her own well being. When she called Brandi "my best friend," what I heard was "my only friend."  I always wonder who she's got around to really offer her solid advice and help her make sensible decisions.  She's gotten a lot of praise for wanting to help Monty out -- I do believe she loves him and is heartbroken about what's happening to him -- but praise can be misleading.  Dealing with this kind of post-chemo horror is a tough job -- she hardly seems like the best candidate for it, good intentions aside.  I can see her imagining it's going to be like "Dying Young" only to have it turn into something else right quick.  The kiddies have flown, she needs to be needed, her old pal is deathly ill, she thinks she's a whole lot stronger than she really is, and whammo.  Self-sabotage in addicts is standard and often unconscious, which is why it can take others to point it out.  

Add Kingsley to the Kim and Monty mix and I'd be having some sleepless nights too if I were her sister.  And the fact that having all this going on at her house makes it that much easier for her not to filmed at home for a season.  

I wonder if Lisa R secured Kyle's permission to talk so bluntly about what's going on with Kim.  Kyle can't touch that third rail again -- It's taken her a long time to live down the famous limo scene -- but might not have minded a close friend going about it.  Kyle and Lisa do seem to be real pals.  All the other ladies tend to beat around the bush when Kim shows up wasted, saying they don't really know what's going on, can't quite make it out.  Lisa R for some reason seems to be able to put it out there bluntly with no negative blow back from Kyle -- yet. I imagine she cleared it with Kyle and Bravo both.  All this makes me wonder whether Bravo is looking to show Kim the door, finally and responsibly if gradually.

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 7

I think we throw around the word "mental illness" too cavalierly.  

Brandi is a master manipulator.  I don't believe for one minute she has a mental illness that makes her unaware of what she says.  Does she have an addiction? Possibly.  But she can and should be held responsible for her crass and vile actions.  There are people in this world with true mental illness.  They should be treated sympathetically. Not this woman.

According to her, Brandi's, own mom, she has been like this since she was a kid....not the drinking but her mouth. IMO, she does this to get attention, plain and simple, it's all for attention. Brandi craves being the center of attention no matter where she is or who she is with. It has to be all about her!

• Love 5

Just to clarify,  according to Kim (I know, I know...I'm just the messenger) in her blog last week, she says:  I definitely didn’t want to go out when Monty came back to the house before poker night after being gone for a couple days.  Also, keep in mind that Monty was the one who took her to the emergency room the next day. 

Speaking of Monty, I'm not downplaying his cancer battle but I think that the impression being given is that Monty is close to death but at the same time he is able to leave the house for a few days and drive someone to the hospital.  Again, I'm not trying to not appreciate that Monty has terminal cancer but my impression was that both Brandi and Kim were a little overstepping with Kim's 'responsibility' for his care at this point.

I also thought it was 'interesting' that when Brandi was talking to Yo, she said that Kim was just off but was sober.  She later says in a TH that Kim went off the wagon.  She's also been Kim's bestie for six months but then later says a year.  And speaking of besties, in the scene outside the garage, Kim says that Brandi is her best friend.  In her blog, Brandi got demoted to 'friend' and Monty is her best friend.  Maybe Kim has 12 best friends like Brandi.

• Love 6

I don't think that Kim offered to nurse Monty with an eye towards his medicine kit.  Don't think it occurred to her that it might not be smart for her own well being. When she called Brandi "my best friend," what I heard was "my only friend."  I always wonder who she's got around to really offer her solid advice and help her make sensible decisions.  She's gotten a lot of praise for wanting to help Monty out -- I do believe she loves him and is heartbroken about what's happening to him -- but praise can be misleading.  Dealing with this kind of post-chemo horror is a tough job -- she hardly seems like the best candidate for it, good intentions aside.  I can see her imagining it's going to be like "Dying Young" only to have it turn into something else right quick.  The kiddies have flown, she needs to be needed, her old pal is deathly ill, she thinks she's a whole lot stronger than she really is, and whammo.  Self-sabotage in addicts is standard and often unconscious, which is why it can take others to point it out.  

Add Kingsley to the Kim and Monty mix and I'd be having some sleepless nights too if I were her sister.  And the fact that having all this going on at her house makes it that much easier for her not to filmed at home for a season.  

I wonder if Lisa R secured Kyle's permission to talk so bluntly about what's going on with Kim.  Kyle can't touch that third rail again -- It's taken her a long time to live down the famous limo scene -- but might not have minded a close friend going about it.  Kyle and Lisa do seem to be real pals.  All the other ladies tend to beat around the bush when Kim shows up wasted, saying they don't really know what's going on, can't quite make it out.  Lisa R for some reason seems to be able to put it out there bluntly with no negative blow back from Kyle -- yet. I imagine she cleared it Kyle and Bravo both. 

Didn't Kyle question if it was a good idea for Kim to be taking care of Monty during the wedding dress shopping scene?

• Love 5

Oh, I also found it 'interesting' that Brandi's sister is less than two years older than her but they weren't close.  Well, if her sister is a normal person, I can understand.  I'm sure her sister, Tricia, didn't appreciate Brandi telling the world that she was molested.  Brandi is dysfunctional on so many levels and it 'can' say a lot about her trying to put a wedge between Kyle and Kim.  Just food for thought.  At least for me.

And, lastly, I don't know anyone who has had bronchitis, even when taking meds, that doesn't cough at all especially while smoking a cigar. 

• Love 15

WireWrap--Thanks! I don't recall that but it makes sense.  Hope she did. Kyle, I mean, cautioning Kim about taking on more than she can handle. 

And, breezy, yeah, I also don't quite get Monty being on his last legs and yet still capable of being out and about for a couple of days and then driving Kim to the hospital.  It's pretty confusing.  I do like what I've seen of him so good to hear that he was okay enough to do any of that. 

Kim's reality is always a very fluid commodity.   

I think Brandi needs to hang out with Lena Dunham.  That would be some good times right there. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 4

You know, I think this can be a matter of opinion.  I'm a nurse, but addiction is not my specialty.  I did a little research on this recently, because I really believe that Kim is unable to stay off of anti-anxiety meds, and wondered how this affects her sobriety.  The opinions were all over the place.  There is a belief that an alcoholic and/or drug addict can responsibly take prescription meds, if very careful.  I also read that if someone accidentally takes a substance, or is given necessary pain medicine, that it's in no way considered a relapse.  I've taken care of addicts in recovery who completely freak out and refuse pain meds, because they fear relapse.  It can be very heart breaking to witness.  Also, I know George Clooney stated he refused to take pain meds for a spinal injury because he was a recovering alcoholic. 

Addiction can be so different person to person.  I have a good friend who was an out of control alcoholic in his twenties.  He quit cold turkey, never went to a support group, hasn't drank in at least fifteen years, and is surrounded by a huge group of social drinkers, and has never once been tempted.  BUT, he uses marijuana daily, and in large quantities.  I think he is so confident in his recovery, that he would take pain meds if necessary (and he did after an appendectomy), and if he accidentally drank something with alcohol in it, he could shake it off, realize it was an innocent mistake, and move on without a problem.

George Clooney isn't a recovering alcoholic.  In fact he produces a great Tequila with Cindy Crawford's husband.  I think that may have been a guess as to why he refused to take pain medications.  http://casamigostequila.com/about/

• Love 2

I don't think that's all on Eileen. She wasn't just making fun of Brandi for not knowing the name of the thing. Brandi specifically mentioned them to tell everyone that Eileen was a terrible hostess who served kid's pancakes--implying that she was cheap and unsophisticated. Eileen just clarified that they were blinis, a pretty standard adult cocktail food.

I just don't believe Kim's stories about broken ribs etc. We've never seen any evidence of the bronchitis or the pain on screen but now she's got tales of how she was in incredible pain the whole time and just so stoic nobody knew. Wasn't she having lunch with Kyle the same day? I badly bruised a rib once--so not even broken (I only took Ibuprofen) and it was incredible painful to the point where it restricted movement and breathing and had me making occasional yipping noises. Kim was fine at lunch with Kyle but we're supposed to think that shortly after she was in such terrible pain with those things? But the only symptom we ever managed to catch on camera was her looking completely high because she took pain meds? Pain meds the doctor allegedly prescribed for her without yet diagnosing the broken rib etc.?

Of course, my main reason to not believe her is that this is like the thousandth version of this story where due to complicated OTT reasons Kim accidentally seemed really impaired.

Anyone else think it suspect that in pain Kim managed a massage with a disc injury and a broken rib?  She claims she was into much pain and should have stayed home from the spa.

• Love 8

Anyone else think it suspect that in pain Kim managed a massage with a disc injury and a broken rib?  She claims she was into much pain and should have stayed home from the spa.

When you break down what happened in the last 4 episodes and then look at Kim's excuse/injuries, nothing makes sense, nothing! Well, except that she fell off that wagon and landed on her head! Not that I believe she was ever full in/on the wagon to begin with, IMO, she has kept 1 leg in while the other is still out! LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 8

I like Eileen for the most part but she can keep her condescending "I'm better than you because I know what a bilini is" bullshit. 

Brandi brought that completely on herself, so I didn't see it as unnecessarily condescending.  She insulted Eileen as a hostess, and Eileen simply responded by stating the facts & setting the record straight.  Brandi said it was dinner time and there was no food - Eileen explained that it was not dinner time and there in fact had been lots of catered food.  Yes, there was a little attitude there, but I have no problem with that because Brandi started a war of words based on malice & ignorance, and there's no reason why Eileen should have remained silent or been nice about it.

I don't have an opinion about Eileen one way or the other at this point.  There are things I like about her, and things I don't.  However, I'm pretty convinced that she IS "better" than Brandi in every single way, and more power to her if she chooses to not take cheap shots like that lying down.  She doesn't rant & rave - She is calmly the voice of common sense, and she knows how to set the record straight without adding to the drama.  Brandi was clearly intending to insult Eileen & make her look bad, so if Eileen's response made it clear that Brandi is an ignorant PITA, then Brandi certainly deserved it.

• Love 11

Not to mention hugging and clutching and high fiving Brandi at the poker table, laughing her ass off.  I see that next week she'll have a moment of astounding honesty and tell her sister that she doesn't remember what happened. That I can believe. 

Also bugs me how she said that Monty had given her the pills or had offered her the pills to take because she was in such pain.  The chick can never own it.  As though the pills didn't go down her throat somehow because they were handed to her by poor Monty, who, all of a sudden, is having to take care of her. It never ends. 

Disc injury, broken ribs, hernias AND high heels galore -- right. Even having to ride in a car would've had her howling in pain. 

Forgive me if my brain has become scrambled, but we haven't yet seen when Brandi slaps Lisa V. yet, have we?? 

I know we saw it in the season previews, but I don't remember if we've seen it yet....

Not yet.  Can hardly wait. 

• Love 7

Not to mention hugging and clutching and high fiving Brandi at the poker table, laughing her ass off.  I see that next week she'll have a moment of astounding honesty and tell her sister that she doesn't remember what happened. That I can believe. 

Also bugs me how she said that Monty had given her the pills or had offered her the pills to take because she was in such pain.  The chick can never own it.  As though the pills didn't go down her throat somehow because they were handed to her by poor Monty, who, all of a sudden, is having to take care of her. It never ends. 

Disc injury, broken ribs, hernias AND high heels galore -- right. Even having to ride in a car would've had her howling in pain. 

Well, at least no one can complain about Kim not showing up for various events and using lame excuses this season....if all she says is true, Kim has taken "The show must go on" to a whole new level.

Ya gotta give Kim points for consistency in making stupid, lame, easy to prove as a lie, excuses for things.....   ;-)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 7

I hope we get to see a bit more of Anwar, even though typically I prefer to have le kidz off camera.  I'm curious to see how Yolanda deals with a son.  That strawberry breakfast was different.  

Copa, (giggling)

Didn't you hear Yo ask her son if he wanted lunch or something like that, a sandwich and then she said "some almonds?"  

I would have died and gone to heaven if he turned around and said "Can I have 10 almonds instead of 6?"

• Love 8

Totally laughing at Lisa V.'s blog - she is clearly holding a grudge over Kyle stating that she holds onto a grudge! It's too funny, she simply cannot let it go and thereby proves Kyle's point.

"Kid's pancakes" will never not be funny to me.

• Love 14