Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, auntjess said:

So her products are offered, or are in? FFB box?
Some people seem to love it, but more don't. 
I guess it's similar to that birchbox that was advertising heavily last year, but had bad reviews.
The cruise info is still saying "first 50 guests who sign up will get...," so sounds like there aren't 50 yet.
I wonder what her fan demographics are, as opposed to Joe Kenda, whose cruise sold well I understand.
Tell you what, ClareWalks, if I win the lottery, I'll buy a ticket for Kerrin.

Bwah! Love it. Poor Kerryn on that cruise. As for FFF box, it seems like she just wants other people to buy them, she doesn't actually put anything in there, thank the lord. Although she might include her treasured family recipe for microwaved tunasty ass-erole.

• Love 2

It's said that addicts don't have families, they have hostages, and I can see that in Whitney's case it is so true.

She wouldn't piss me off nearly so much if she only lied to herself, but she is also lying to every single person who watches her show.

• Love 8
On 9/22/2016 at 1:44 PM, ClareWalks said:

According to her FB Whitney is apparently a partner for Fit Fab Fun box. Ironic, because she is neither fit nor fab nor fun.

So is anyone going on that cruise of hers? We need undercover intel, and I'm sure as hell not gonna take one for the team here! :)

I'll take one for the team. A Go Fund Me donation page, perhaps? Ha ha. I would love to know what happens on that cruise. 

• Love 1
On 9/21/2016 at 7:26 PM, M.F. Luder said:

It's weird to me to see the different tones on all the boards on this forum. The Kardashians get slut shamed, body shamed and all other types of shamed all over their boards, but this board is much more restrictive on what people can snark about. Personally, I haven't really seen anything on this board that I would categorize as fat shaming because it's all stuff that Whitney has chosen to do and is specific to her personality. Fat shaming imo is when someone suggests that fat people are in some way inferior, not that Whitney sometimes looks bad in outfits or that she has admitted to emotionally binge eating when stressed.

Sometimes I am too stressed to post or reply to anything. I want to snark on Whitney but I honestly feel that the line between snarking on her and fat-shaming her is just too gray.  I think she looks terrible with visible hair extensions, her pantyhose or tights falling down to her ankles, and clothes that look as though she just rolled out of bed. But I'd snark on anyone who looked like that, regardless of their weight. And I DON'T think those things are because of her weight-I can name at least 10 other overweight people on TV who don't look like that. I think it's a Whitney thing, part of her lazy personality that we've also seen in regards to her work ethic, exercise ethic, and friendship ethic (she makes them do all the work). 

• Love 9

I was sick a few weeks back & had a dream that I was eating at a restaurant & Whit & Todd were eating at the table next to mine. They were discussing  T-shirt giveaways.  Whitney had lost a lot of weight & looked great. I pondered during my whole meal if I should even acknowledge her or congratulate her on her weight loss fearing she may just give me a Mind Your Own Business kind of reply.  I woke up before finding out if I did approach her.  I'm blaming the dream on a high fever.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Sometimes I am too stressed to post or reply to anything. I want to snark on Whitney but I honestly feel that the line between snarking on her and fat-shaming her is just too gray.  I think she looks terrible with visible hair extensions, her pantyhose or tights falling down to her ankles, and clothes that look as though she just rolled out of bed. But I'd snark on anyone who looked like that, regardless of their weight. And I DON'T think those things are because of her weight-I can name at least 10 other overweight people on TV who don't look like that. I think it's a Whitney thing, part of her lazy personality that we've also seen in regards to her work ethic, exercise ethic, and friendship ethic (she makes them do all the work). 

I agree. I want to reply to some very good points ( and you all are very good at it ? ), but the gray area is just to gray for me.  I don't want to get chastised for commenting on something she's eating or phrasing something in a way that would be considered fat shaming.

I feel we are pointing out the obvious and bring in our opinions whether good or bad. 

She eats ice cream, cookies , cake, big plates of food when she shouldn't because her trainer told her not to. That's a fact not shaming.

She can't keep herself up on skis, has a hard time biking ( has to get a special bike )passes out at a dancethon, has a hard time getting into Lennies car, And hurts her back. Etc.  she admits all because of her weight. That's a fact not shaming because She is the one saying it.

• Love 9
On 9/27/2016 at 11:41 AM, Bubbles1967 said:

Well the mod gave she said are the guidelines, not what should be the guidelines.

here is an excellent definition of fat shaming to me anyway. It's direct and gives a clear example. Hopefully the link will work

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fat shaming&defid=7246035

Does anyone not agree? Is the definition slanted? Does any one feel they overstepped the boundaries?

I am now totally confused about this forum.  At least - for the time being - your original post and link can be read if posting a reply.  This entire BS movement makes zero sense when it comes in the form of manipulating any negative public discourse.  400 and counting pounds is fat and leads to chronic health issues, despite what the leader of the BS movement wants to claim.  Calling BS on the BS is not fat shaming.  Perhaps another topic heading to discuss the Urban Dictionary definition would give a place to discuss why many of us look at the BS of fabulous fatness and are horrified by the message TLC is sending.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

I am now totally confused about this forum.  At least - for the time being - your original post and link can be read if posting a reply.  This entire BS movement makes zero sense when it comes in the form of manipulating any negative public discourse.  400 and counting pounds is fat and leads to chronic health issues, despite what the leader of the BS movement wants to claim.  Calling BS on the BS is not fat shaming.  Perhaps another topic heading to discuss the Urban Dictionary definition would give a place to discuss why many of us look at the BS of fabulous fatness and are horrified by the message TLC is sending.  

They put back the post as you can see but I've been warned that it was over the line.  I don't agree but what do I know. I added the link and wanted to discuss . It seems no one is allowed to have discussions  in everyday life, not just here.  God forbid there is no "safe space. But I digress.

Although  I agree with you about another heading, my feeling it would be censored too.

• Love 1

Because I was bored and curious, I went to Whit's FB to see if she was mortally offended by Trump's "400 pounds" crack. Yep! I mean, anyone is absolutely correct to be offended by anything Trump says, but I knew she would single out that one particular thing, considering her tenuous and slipping grasp on having a weight with a "3" at the front of it.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, notyrmomma said:

I must have missed that.  what did trump say and did whit respond?

It was a throwaway comment in the middle of his "stop cyber" rant where he said that hackers could be people laying in beds who weigh 400 pounds. Whitney basically called him out for fat-shaming, because that is the one offensive bit she was able to determine from both sides of a 90-minute debate. ;)

• Love 7

That's impressive that she caught that.  I follow politics relatively closely, I watched most of the debate, and I didn't hear about that.  Then again, one of her minions probably told her about it as she's probably "too busy" to watch/listen to that.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, notyrmomma said:

That's impressive that she caught that.  I follow politics relatively closely, I watched most of the debate, and I didn't hear about that.  Then again, one of her minions probably told her about it as she's probably "too busy" to watch/listen to that.

Yeah, she might have read about it on some HAES blog or something, it really was a pretty brief moment during the debate. And we all know how busy Whit is with her dance career, LOLOLOL

• Love 2

I was watching the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader show where they show the girls trying out for the team & then go on to see who makes it thru their training camp to become a cheerleader.  During the auditions,  the girls had to both learn some of the team's dance routines, as well as performing their own routine. They were all wearing cute little dance outfits incl short shorts with a fancy bra like top. Some have tried out numerous times in the past.  I kept imagining the back door of the audition room or stadium to swing open & see Whit strut in wearing her Wal-Mart sports bra & tie-dyed leggings announcing "look no further, I'm here!"  I would have loved to have seen Whit try to keep up with the other dancers & see what her own dance/twerking routine would have looked like.  I also had flashbacks of Whit & Todd "judging" to see who would get to be in the exercise DVD when they showed how the Cheerleader judges made their decisions. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BigBernard said:

What a bizarre picture....

Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 10_Fotor.jpg

My gut reaction (after WTF?!): even doing good and saving wildlife is all about Whitney.

Because everything is about Whtiney.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
Finishing my thought
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, RealityCowgirl said:

My gut reaction (after WTF?!): even doing good and saving wildlife is all about Whitney.

Because everything is about Whtiney.

My gut reaction is, this woman simply cannot stop daring people to fat-shame her. Is there any reason she had to photoshop herself onto an elephant? Specifically, an elephant? What's next, a hippo or something? Could have been a zebra or a lion or a giraffe. I really think she wants people to be douchebags to her so that she can be Outraged.

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

My gut reaction is, this woman simply cannot stop daring people to fat-shame her. Is there any reason she had to photoshop herself onto an elephant? Specifically, an elephant? What's next, a hippo or something? Could have been a zebra or a lion or a giraffe. I really think she wants people to be douchebags to her so that she can be Outraged.

There are no words. I'm sorry but this made laugh. Like you said, she is baiting people big time. 

• Love 4

I'm looking at this photo again and still can't stop laughing.  Reminds me of " I can't dance if I don't eat" and "happy national woman's health and fitness day".   What words am I looking for?........... help........Bueller?... Bueller?.........

Edited by Bubbles1967
Edit
  • Love 1
On 9/29/2016 at 5:33 PM, notyrmomma said:

LOL, when I watched the debate and heard that remark I knew she'd be all over it whether she watched it or not!

Ok, so Whit is glomming onto any issue remotely --or not even--related to her wagon of NOBS.  Seems like she misses the limelight and drama when her show was active.  Narcissists are like that.  Too bad the lack of activity on her sites reveals Twit's lower profile in the D-list celebrity throngs of reality stars gone by the wayside.  

They are showing Season 1 this week at various times.  Maybe that will get people (and trolls) on line again to her.  Also too bad that there are other better reps for body acceptance platforms than Whit.  I'm recommending Lindy West again for her intelligent book, Shrill. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, auntjess said:

I have the repeats on my DVR.  I watched one or 2 of the first shows, then nothing until this season.
And nothing much else is in the offing, so I'll watch them.

I just rewatched the very first episode and was reminded of why I started watching.  Whitney was pretty normal and I really liked her.  She talked about being 380 lbs and that she wanted to lose 100lbs in order to be FIT and fat.  She said she started dancing again in order to enjoy what she loves, and possibly get in shape as a benefit.  Her heartbreak about men who used to date her when she was thin, now looking through her as if she didn't exist was real and moving. When her father said he wanted her to lose weight so she could find a man who would marry her, it explained why she is angry with him.

I miss this person.

• Love 9

Whitney posted a full length selfie of herself today on Instagram - she's wearing a bright orange one piece jumper.  She looks like she has either lost some weight and/or there is some major photo shopping going on. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, RabbiBeth said:

Whitney posted a full length selfie of herself today on Instagram - she's wearing a bright orange one piece jumper.  She looks like she has either lost some weight and/or there is some major photo shopping going on. 

Dear god. That is not a good outfit for her. Almost no woman could pull that off. Not to be too crass, but it draws the eye to a terrifying place.

On 10/18/2016 at 7:29 AM, cynicat said:

I just rewatched the very first episode and was reminded of why I started watching.  Whitney was pretty normal and I really liked her.  She talked about being 380 lbs and that she wanted to lose 100lbs in order to be FIT and fat.  She said she started dancing again in order to enjoy what she loves, and possibly get in shape as a benefit.  Her heartbreak about men who used to date her when she was thin, now looking through her as if she didn't exist was real and moving. When her father said he wanted her to lose weight so she could find a man who would marry her, it explained why she is angry with him.

I miss this person.

I agree. She turned into another person this season. Arrogant, narcassitic, disrespectful. Fame (if you call it that) went to her head. 

• Love 2
On 10/18/2016 at 7:29 AM, cynicat said:

I miss this person.

I hate to say it, but I think fame turns a lot of reality show stars into complete assholes, and Whitney is no exception.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

I agree. She turned into another person this season. Arrogant, narcassitic, disrespectful. Fame (if you call it that) went to her head. 

Do you think she turned into that person or, as TLC is prone to do, wasn't showing that part of her in earlier seasons? 

• Love 2

I think her arrogance and disrespect have likely always been parts of her personality. She might have been more conscious of the fact that she was on camera when the show first started, so she might have self-censored rather than TLC giving her a more favorable edit. 

I think what has changed about her is her approach to body positivity. She used to want to lose weight to be healthier/fitter and feel better about herself, but now she's more interested in pushing the narrative that she is actually as fit/healthy as any other average person but she faces all this unfair abuse and discrimination because society hates fat people. I think that is a change that was brought on by fame and her particular brand of fans. She can capitalize on this because it's currently a big social movement that a lot of women have been able to turn into a money making career.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Do you think she turned into that person or, as TLC is prone to do, wasn't showing that part of her in earlier seasons? 

You are probably right. The editing gods probably manipulated the show to show she was a likable person. They had to bring it up a notch this season because they probably thought it was boring.

When they showed the previews for the last season I knew something was changing. The same commercial over and over again with Todd saying "whitneys is rapidly going downhill" ( ingrained in my head TLC plays the same commercials over and over) and showing Whitney stuffing a marshmallow in her mouth (yes it did happen no fat shaming - Again ingrained in my head).

Although I would have watched anyway, that definitely peaked my interest. Again the editing gods at their best.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

You are probably right. The editing gods probably manipulated the show to show she was a likable person. They had to bring it up a notch this season because they probably thought it was boring.

Interesting, at the beginning of the last season several posters here wrote on the change in the way she was being depicted on the show.  The editors were not being kind to her all of a sudden.  I speculated that because she was failing as some kind of advocate for people with weight/body image issues due to her arrogance and hideosity, the show might as well feed into the snark online and show the "true" Whitney to the world. 

Hey, anyone want to be on (well, in the background of) MBFFL next season? Apparently Whitney, Todd and "her girls" are going to be in a free-to-the-public dance battle this Saturday, October 22 at 2:30pm at the Kaplan Wellness Center in Greensboro, NC. It's not clear who they are "battling" and it doesn't seem to be happening for any other reason than to film for the show (they make a point of saying audience members will have to sign a release) but if anyone is curious about how Whitney is doing these days, here's your chance to find out.  (There's a little clip of Whitney and Todd getting ready on her Facebook page. Suffice it to say she doesn't show any moves other than her well-worn wiggles and bend overs, but then, she only dances for eight seconds before she calls a break, so maybe she's saving her new stuff for a surprise. Maybe.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3

Any news about the cruise? I haven't heard anything, although I don't get on her social media pages either. 

You know, I could almost forgive the bending over, snapping of the hair, and wiggling of the ass-IF there was any fluidity to those movements. I like a little raunch in my dancing. Whitney doesn't DANCE, though. She poses. 

Bend over. *pause* Shake the tush. *pause* Raise back up. *pause* Turn around. *pause* Flip the hair to one side. *pause* Flip the hair to the other side. *pause*

It's not even that her dance videos are spliced together and we rarely see her do an entire dance at once-it's that her actual moves look to be spliced together even within the dance. I can't get behind that nonsense. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I like a little raunch in my dancing.

At first I thought this read "I like a little ranch in my dressing," and I thought "just like Whitney!" Whitney in general reminds me of the Jim Gaffigan joke, "some of you people need to CALM DOWN with the ranch dressing. You put it on EVERYTHING."

• Love 4
On 10/20/2016 at 5:29 PM, M.F. Luder said:

I think what has changed about her is her approach to body positivity. She used to want to lose weight to be healthier/fitter and feel better about herself, but now she's more interested in pushing the narrative that she is actually as fit/healthy as any other average person but she faces all this unfair abuse and discrimination because society hates fat people. I think that is a change that was brought on by fame and her particular brand of fans. She can capitalize on this because it's currently a big social movement that a lot of women have been able to turn into a money making career.

I agree.  I also think the public making negative comments to her on Social Media and other public venues has made her more defensive and that contributed to change her direction entirely.  That made her dig her heels in the ground and become obstinate that she is good enough the way she is now and doesn't need to change to be "ft and fabulous".  That's because she's basically a narcissist and has to continue to defend her self image that she is great the way she is.  Never mind her health, that's more important to her.  It's her huge ego.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

At first I thought this read "I like a little ranch in my dressing," and I thought "just like Whitney!" Whitney in general reminds me of the Jim Gaffigan joke, "some of you people need to CALM DOWN with the ranch dressing. You put it on EVERYTHING."

LOVE IT!!!!!   So funny!  Thanks for starting my weekend off with a smile.

I ate out last night and when the waiter asked about dressing,  I also thought of Twit and the infamous ranch love. 

Edited by Tosia
Maybe my fingers are too big to spell correctly. Nope. It's my stupid phone, not me.
  • Love 1

So I guess Whitney and her crew won the Dance Battle. Or at least, she says they "slayed." No mention at all of who they battled, though. Or why she's the only one in the picture not wearing a shirt over her sports bra.

dance battle.jpg

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Ketzel said:

So I guess Whitney and her crew won the Dance Battle. Or at least, she says they "slayed." No mention at all of who they battled, though. Or why she's the only one in the picture not wearing a shirt over her sports bra.

dance battle.jpg

She wants to show off how fit she is. That all her hard work with Will has paid off...........?

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Bubbles1967 said:

She wants to show off how fit she is. That all her hard work with Will has paid off...........?

She really does show off her body a LOT for someone in their 30s. I'm not even talking about her size, I'm talking about her age. Most people outgrow the whole "look at my body! LOOK AT IT" thing when they exit their 20s. But we all know Whitney is perpetually the 15-year-old mean girl at the local pool.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

She really does show off her body a LOT for someone in their 30s. I'm not even talking about her size, I'm talking about her age. Most people outgrow the whole "look at my body! LOOK AT IT" thing when they exit their 20s. But we all know Whitney is perpetually the 15-year-old mean girl at the local pool.

I think she wants to drill it in everyone's head that she is proud of her body and has nothing to be ashamed of.

She could also be baiting people again to say something negative so she can throw No BS around. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Bubbles1967 said:

I think she wants to drill it in everyone's head that she is proud of her body and has nothing to be ashamed of.

She could also be baiting people again to say something negative so she can throw No BS around. 

Check and check. I do not believe for one second that this woman feels an ounce of body shame, either.

• Love 2