Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)
21 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I'm not sure if I'd want to see Cas as death.   According to the show killing death has absolutely no consequences/effects on anyone, including the person who did it or other reapers.

Killing Billie, who was just a run of the mill reaper shouldn't have any effect either.

Both ways is extremely poor story telling, but at least its consistent.

Dean wasn't an angel so maybe he couldn't have become the new Death anyway.  I think back to her introduction to Dean when he had to go through her to get to Hell. She was reading the graphic novel "The Sandman" and the page she was on was "Death" and she sang "Oh, Death" when Sam met her.  Given both those things, I've often wondered if that was them telling us she was the new Death.  She said to Sam.

"It's over. You and Dean dying and coming back again and again. The old Death thought it was funny. But now, there's one hard, fast rule in this universe. What lives... dies."

IMO, "The old death" implies there is a new Death somewhere, which would explain why death continued on after Dean killed him.  Billie could have been playing games with the boys the whole time or if she was new to being Death, perhaps she was figuring out how she was going to do things. As to "rules" that she couldn't kill them, I have a little headcanon that once Amara was alive and well the rules changed for Death. Like maybe Amara's connection to Dean wouldn't let Death take Dean and because Sam means so much to Dean, she wouldn't let Death take either one. Not on a conscious level but something else. That's just my headcanon though.

And once Amara swanned off with Chuck, maybe Billie decided she would accept the deal because Dean and Sam brokered it. That's where my headcanon falls apart because she said she had to wait until they died.

Obviously, that's all speculation on my part but I think there is a loophole with Castiel being an angel that killing Death could result in him being the new Death. To me that would be a true "cosmic consequence" for breaking the blood oath that she made with the boys.  And Cas couldn't become Death until he really most sincerely died himself. 

Just my speculation.

Edited by catrox14
Billie was reading it in Devil in the Details.
1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

I actually don't think we are in for any such announcement either. IMO the spec that Alexander Calvert / Jack will act as a regular is the most likely to come true.

Isn't that cat already out of the bag, though? I mean, how would Sam and Dean "parent" Jack if he wasn't going to be around for quite a few episodes?

2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

And I'd disagree that it's pretty even! IMO Dean / Jensen are the most popular. I actually find on here to be a rather accurate reflection of the wider fandom in many ways.

It all depends on where you go. Here, the scales tip in Dean's direction quite favorably, but I've seen plenty of places where it goes in Sam's favor or Cass's favor. I think the fandom, as a whole, is pretty evenly split, myself. 

• Love 3

unless they show a clip of Girls in Jeopardy (that someone considers chilling) and then make the announcement

Would they consider that a surprise, though? The news itself has been out a few weeks now. And the Comic Con audience would know about it. 

1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

Would they consider that a surprise, though? The news itself has been out a few weeks now. And the Comic Con audience would know about it. 

Kim and Brianna making a "surprise" appearance could qualify though? It could also be that they have a few "surprise" appearances throughout the panel. Maybe Jim Beaver or Jeffery Dean Morgan walks through or something? It doesn't necessarily have to be earth-shattering news, just something people aren't particularly expecting to happen in Hall H today.

17 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Well, anyway, the tweets have got us all fired up.  How long before the panel?

We should know soon--the panel starts in about an hour, and I'm assuming there will be tweets coming out...

(edited)

I'd wager the 'chills' and  the 'OMFG!'s are either about Lucifer/Spawnifer or Wayward-pick-a-noun. I feel 99.999% confident in guessing it will have nothing to do with Dean and only slightly less sure it will have nothing to do with Sam. IMO, Dabb just does not GAF about the Winchester brothers any more, except as means to his pet characters.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
(edited)
47 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Personally, I don't see Dean as the "golden boy of the fandom."  I've certainly seen enough Sam fans (and read enough bitch/jerk posts) to think that *both* Sam and Dean  are equally important to the fans.  

I agree with this. While I mostly watch for Dean/Jensen I also like Jared and enjoy his portrayal of Sam despite how annoying the writing can be at times. That being said the speculation that Cas could be the new Death is pretty intriguing.

Edited by DeeDee79
comment moving into bitch/jerk territory
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I feel 99.999% confident in guessing it will have nothing to do with Dean and only slightly less sure it will have nothing to do with Sam

I'm absolutely 100% confident it's not about Sam or Dean... they are a given.  They are the bread and butter and the reason most folk tune in.  Unfortunately this has not clicked with Dabb.  He will always search for something new, ignoring what he has...not realizing he already has gold and should be spinning stories with that gold.

The Js are being criminally wasted under Dabb's tenure. 

But that's probably for another thread.

• Love 1

Dean thinks that "it is curtains for mum" while Sam is holding on hope that she is alive as "they have been on the other side of the rift!". This is going to cause a rift between the brothers as Sam's early season mission is rescue mum, while Dean thinks they've more important things to worry about.

(edited)

Missouri Moseley. Apparently she is the grandmother of a newcomer who is gonna join Wayward Something. Poor girl. 

Since when does Dean give up on family?

Yeah, that sounds totally strange. I mean, Season 12 could have awoken him to the realization how much Mary sucks but he was forgiving her in the penultimate episode. So this seems to come out of nowhere. 

Just to have conflict between the brothers? And Sam will pontificate not on the merits of giving Jack a shot but because he views him as a means to get Mary back? 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Missouri Moseley. Apparently she is the grandmother of a newcomer who is gonna join Wayward Something. Poor girl. 

Yeah, that sounds totally strange. I mean, Season 12 could have awoken him to the realization how much Mary sucks but he was forgiving her in the penultimate episode. So this seems to come out of nowhere. 

Just to have conflict between the brothers? And Sam will pontificate not on the merits of giving Jack a shot but because he views him as a means to get Mary back? 

So wait, Dean gives up on Mary and wants to kill Spawnifer so Sam will pontificate about both things? WTF show?

• Love 3
Just now, catrox14 said:

So wait, Dean gives up on Mary and wants to kill Spawnifer so Sam will pontificate about both things? WTF show?

Yep. I outlined it in a post above but basically it's a brotherly conflict. Dean thinks Mary died and Sam is all "nope, we've both been there! She is alive and lets rescue her" 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Yep. I outlined it in a post above but basically it's a brotherly conflict. Dean thinks Mary died and Sam is all "nope, we've both been there! She is alive and lets rescue her" 

That is a total retcon of Dean's characterization. Wow.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

That is a total retcon of Dean's characterization. Wow.

Exactly my thoughts. He has always been all about family and the thought of Sam having to convince him to go after Mary is beyond ridiculous.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Me on this development:

giphy.gif

• Love 3
(edited)

From what I picked up the main things of the panel were

- Cas and Mary are alive 

- Missouri Is returning for an episode (im assuming the back door pilot since her grand daughter is a part of the spin off) 

- The main cast of the spin off were announced as Kim Rhodes (Jody Mills), Briana Buckmaster (Donna Hanscum), Kathryn Newton (Claire Novak) and Katherine Ramdeen (Alex) along with newcomer Clark Backo as Missouri's grand daughter. 

- What we already knew about Jack i.e. Dean will be kill now, question later while Sam is ever the optimist and wants to help him be good. 

- There will be conflict in regards to Mary. Dean thinks she is dead, while Sam thinks she isn't and wants to rescue her.

- Jensens favourite prop is the angel blade, Jared's is Ruby's knife and Misha joked Dean was his. 

- Robert Singer LOVED working with Kripke and they got along since day one. He found it difficult when he left and found Gamble's era hard. He got along with Carver who he had actually worked with for his first script for the show. The livestream I listened to buffered and I missed his words on Dabb. 

- J2M and the cast and crew genuinely get along. They never just "sit for a burger" to look like they're friends for PR. 

Edited by Wayward Son

If that's true, then that's absolutely ridiculous.  Like Dean would need to be convinced to look for Mary...that's bullshit.  And now we're back to the artificial angst between the brothers, because all of the lying about the BMOL last season was riveting television.  Sorry, but Dabb's an ass.

• Love 7

Well, if Dean is on team"Let's kill Jack and not look for mom," I'm really not sure why Sam should be on "Team Dean."

What bothers me isn't that Sam isn't agreeing with Dean -- it is that Dean taking those positions would be uncharacteristic on the latter point and character regression on the first. Dean never gives up on family, and so if there's any chance that Mary is alive, he's going to go after her. As for Jack, while Dean is still less willing to give monsters the benefit of the doubt than Sam (for better or worse), he isn't going to kill what is essentially a newborn, whatever he looks like, because of who his father is. I guess I could buy Dean wanting to kill Jack if Jack gives him some cause -- even if only by causing unintentional harm that convinces Dean he is too dangerous to live -- but I really can't see any circumstance in which he decides to give up on Mary. 

• Love 13
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

- Jensens favourite prop is the angel blade,

Who is that guy and what have they done with Jensen? What about his beloved Pearl Handle Colt?

I guess Dabb forgot that merely 2 months ago, Dean risked his own damn life to go into a Dreamscape totally in the hands of Lady Deadeyes, to get Mary out of brainwashing. But SURE, he's totally going to assume she's dead. 

This is absurd.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

So I think the big chilling announcement was that Kansas opened the panel by playing "Carry on My Wayward Son". All that speculating for nothing it seems LOL 

First of all, that's pretty awesome they got Kansas to play their theme song live!

4 minutes ago, companionenvy said:

Well, if Dean is on team"Let's kill Jack and not look for mom," I'm really not sure why Sam should be on "Team Dean."

What bothers me isn't that Sam isn't agreeing with Dean -- it is that Dean taking those positions would be uncharacteristic on the latter point and character regression on the first. Dean never gives up on family, and so if there's any chance that Mary is alive, he's going to go after her. As for Jack, while Dean is still less willing to give monsters the benefit of the doubt than Sam (for better or worse), he isn't going to kill what is essentially a newborn, whatever he looks like, because of who his father is. I guess I could buy Dean wanting to kill Jack if Jack gives him some cause -- even if only by causing unintentional harm that convinces Dean he is too dangerous to live -- but I really can't see any circumstance in which he decides to give up on Mary. 

I haven't seen the panel myself yet, so I'll wait to decide, but I can't help but speculate anyway...what if it's not a regression, but that Dean is just really, really messed up over losing both Cass and Mary? Maybe it's not so much that he's all kill it because it's evil, but maybe it's more just angry and focusing his anger at this thing that caused his friend and mother to be gone? I think that's totally in-character for Dean and pretty much how he's always dealt with loss over the course of the series.

I can't really come up with any reason Dean would immediately think Mary is dead, though and not even try to help her. I'm trying, but can't come up with any scenario Dean would  be on the let's-not-even-try wagon. I do like the idea that they've kinda switched their positions around--as is the show's want from time to time--usually it's Sam mission focused while Dean worries about saving family. I'm just not sure why they would've changed their positions, though. I mean, people do change and grow, but these sudden changes can really be hard to swallow.

But, I may change my assessment of the situation after I've had a chance to watch the panel and other interviews for myself. Damn work, always sucking all the fun out of my life. ;)

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, companionenvy said:

What bothers me isn't that Sam isn't agreeing with Dean -- it is that Dean taking those positions would be uncharacteristic on the latter point and character regression on the first. Dean never gives up on family, and so if there's any chance that Mary is alive, he's going to go after her.

Exactly.  So the only way I see this working is for them to start the season with Dean in some sort of downward spiral due to Mary being trapped with Lucifer, Lucifer being back in the first place, Cas presumably dead, and the loss of their best allies in Crowley and Rowena.  That certainly would be enough to push someone over the edge, especially after all they've been through in their lives.  It might actually be interesting if they played it that way, and Dean just wanted to hang it up.  But if they don't go this route, then no way in hell does Dean allow Mary to be trapped forever with Lucifer in the AU.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Who is that guy and what have they done with Jensen? What about his beloved Pearl Handle Colt?

If it makes you feel better an audience member shouted "baby" and he rebuked them! "Baby isn't a prop! She's a part of me" :). I can't remember the specifics, but I know he mentioned the light weight of the blade being a part of his fondness for it.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I could see an angel blade being more fun to pass the time with than the pistol--I mean, it's probably fun to toss in the air and such. ;)

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Exactly.  So the only way I see this working is for them to start the season with Dean in some sort of downward spiral due to Mary being trapped with Lucifer, Lucifer being back in the first place, Cas presumably dead, and the loss of their best allies in Crowley and Rowena.  That certainly would be enough to push someone over the edge, especially after all they've been through in their lives.  It might actually be interesting if they played it that way, and Dean just wanted to hang it up.  But if they don't go this route, then no way in hell does Dean allow Mary to be trapped forever with Lucifer in the AU.  

IMO,  the only way this can work is if Dean has a complete mental break and is severely depressed. But fat chance the show goes there at all. They won't.

• Love 3

I can see lots of apologizing from Dean in the future.  Sorry for giving up on you mom, sorry for doubting you Sam.  Sorry Jack for wanting to shoot you in the face. 

Sam will bond with Jack over mean bossy Dean, and Mary over being trapped with Lucifer, and lecture Dean about giving up on Mary and Jack.

If Dean lost all hope and faith and was in that downward spiral, and we him drinking or being extra reckless on hunts, and thinking that even if they get mom back, odds are she's be changed into something unrecognizable, or so traumatized it wouldn't be worth it, then I could see him not wanting to look, or he's worried they'll make things worse like when they bring each other back,

But I didn't get that from Jensen's answer.  I'm not even sure they'll actually write him grieving over Cas. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I can see lots of apologizing from Dean in the future.  Sorry for giving up on you mom, sorry for doubting you Sam.  Sorry Jack for wanting to shoot you in the face. 

Sam will bond with Jack over mean bossy Dean, and Mary over being trapped with Lucifer, and lecture Dean about giving up on Mary and Jack.

If Dean lost all hope and faith and was in that downward spiral, and we him drinking or being extra reckless on hunts, and thinking that even if they get mom back, odds are she's be changed into something unrecognizable, or so traumatized it wouldn't be worth it, then I could see him not wanting to look, or he's worried they'll make things worse like when they bring each other back,

But I didn't get that from Jensen's answer.  I'm not even sure they'll actually write him grieving over Cas. 

I doubt it also. The livestream I listened buffered at times, so I may have missed something, but there was no mention of his reaction to Cas that I heard. That gives me the impression it's safe to assume finding a way to bring back Cas won't be on his agenda either. 

Just now, Wayward Son said:

I doubt it also. The livestream I listened buffered at times, so I may have missed something, but there was no mention of his reaction to Cas that I heard. That gives me the impression it's safe to assume finding a way to bring back Cas won't be on his agenda either. 

No, apparently at a con, Jensen said that Dean is trying to decide what to do about Cas and comes to the conclusion that there is nothing he can do. 

Dabb doesn't know Dean at all.  He spent all of s11 wanting to save Cas from Lucifer, but now, its just "Oh well" 

Can Dabb just go ruin the spin off?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Or, they bring Cass back almost immediately--like by the end of episode one? He wouldn't need Cass to be on his agenda in that case.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

No, apparently at a con, Jensen said that Dean is trying to decide what to do about Cas and comes to the conclusion that there is nothing he can do. 

Dabb doesn't know Dean at all.  He spent all of s11 wanting to save Cas from Lucifer, but now, its just "Oh well" 

Can Dabb just go ruin the spin off?

Thanks for confirming my thoughts! His reaction is probably also designed to highlight the unique nature of the epic bond between Sam and Dean. Only Sam is worth Dean actually getting worked up over the fate of. 

14 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Or, they bring Cass back almost immediately--like by the end of episode one? He wouldn't need Cass to be on his agenda in that case.

I doubt it! Misha has described Cas as deader than usual, which sounds as though it wont be a quick resurrection. Although, unless they plan to use alt for a while, it'll be hard for them to beat the large gap between his death at the start of 7x02 and his return in 7x17. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Thanks for confirming my thoughts! His reaction is probably also designed to highlight the unique nature of the epic bond between Sam and Dean. Only Sam is worth Dean actually getting worked up over the fate of.

I don't get this attitude from TPTB.  Dean caring about someone else doesn't mean he cares about Sam less. 

Hopefully, Jensen will be able to work some magic and at least put it in there even if it isn't on the page.  I think that glance toward the sky as if he was asking God to bring Cas back, I think had to be added by Jensen.

I can't see it being a Singer direction.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 2

Even aside from how weird and out of character it is that Dean can apparently just shrug off his mother's imminent death as so inevitable that he's just going to assume that it's already happened despite no evidence of that...Given all the S8 brouhaha over Sam not looking for Dean when he went through the portal to Purgatory, I'm pretty incredulous that either Sam or Dean would just assume that Mary's dead now that she's gone through a portal. They already learned this lesson. Plus, FFS, they both went through this exact same portal to the AU and came back alive, so it's not exactly a wild thought that she might survive the trip as well.

I wish the characters would act rationally. When they don't, the show quickly dissolves into incoherent nonsense. If the writers can't figure out how to make their plotlines work without beating the characters to death with the stupid stick, then maybe their plotlines are nonsensical and should be dropped.

• Love 9

Here's the full panel. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but thought I'd post it anyway:

1 minute ago, rue721 said:

Even aside from how weird and out of character it is that Dean can apparently just shrug off his mother's imminent death as so inevitable that he's just going to assume that it's already happened despite no evidence of that...Given all the S8 brouhaha over Sam not looking for Dean when he went through the portal to Purgatory, I'm pretty incredulous that either Sam or Dean would just assume that Mary's dead now that she's gone through a portal. They already learned this lesson. Plus, FFS, they both went through this exact same portal to the AU and came back alive, so it's not exactly a wild thought that she might survive the trip as well.

I wish the characters would act rationally. When they don't, the show quickly dissolves into incoherent nonsense. If the writers can't figure out how to make their plotlines work without beating the characters to death with the stupid stick, then maybe their plotlines are nonsensical and should be dropped.

Yeah, I often wonder how much brain damage I have with all the trying to make sense out of the nonsense over the last few years! This show, I tell ya.

• Love 4
(edited)

In regards to Mary and their approach to her disappearance

Robert Singer: "Uhm, Dean thinks she's uhm gone. She went through the rift. It's a rift Rich, not a hole." 

Richard: "I was just making sure you read the notes"

RS: "Ok, uhm. She went through the rift, the hole, uhm, with Lucifer and the hole, rift, closed and Dean is pretty sure that's curtains for mum, and while he's bereft over that, ah, he's ready to accept that. Sam thinks, "no she went through alive. We've been on the other side of this rift". Uhm, he's holding on to the fact she might be alive. It's a bit of a, it's a problem between the guys because Sam's mission in the beginning part of season 13 is "lets find mom", and Dean's idea is "we have bigger fish to fry and you are just going to have to come to that realisation." Spoiler alert: mom is not dead" 

Then Jared goes on to joke about how Dean is a Debbie downer at the beginning of the season. He wants to shoot Jack and says Cas is dead, Mary is dead, everyone is dead! 

That is the actual wording, or at least transcribed as close as I could get, for anyone who can't watch right now.

Edited by Wayward Son
6 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Dean is pretty sure that's curtains for mum, and while he's bereft over that, ah, he's ready to accept that. Sam thinks, "no she went through alive. We've been on the other side of this rift". Uhm, he's holding on to the fact she might be alive. It's a bit of a, it's a problem between the guys because Sam's mission in the beginning part of season 13 is "lets find mom", and Dean's idea is "we have bigger fish to fry and you are just going to have to come to that realisation." Spoiler alert: mom is not dead" 

Yeah, I just listened to this part, then I turned the sound off.  This just really pisses me off.  It's completely out of character and just bad writing...again.  They just came from the AU 5 minutes before Mary was pulled back in.  No way in hell would Dean be just "oh well, the rift is closed, she must be dead".  WTF???  I really love this show, and I'd love for it to go on for years to come, but maybe when all the writers bailed before last season, that should have been a warning sign, and just maybe time to hang it up.  Springer and Dabb are clueless, and completely unable to steer a group of writers who are unfamiliar with the show they're writing for.  This pisses me off so much.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Yeah, I just listened to this part, then I turned the sound off.  This just really pisses me off.  It's completely out of character and just bad writing...again.  They just came from the AU 5 minutes before Mary was pulled back in.  No way in hell would Dean be just "oh well, the rift is closed, she must be dead".  WTF???  I really love this show, and I'd love for it to go on for years to come, but maybe when all the writers bailed before last season, that should have been a warning sign, and just maybe time to hang it up.  Springer and Dabb are clueless, and completely unable to steer a group of writers who are unfamiliar with the show they're writing for.  This pisses me off so much.

Damn skippy

tumblr_inline_n4kip8Siah1svu8ku.gif

• Love 4
(edited)

Well, that panel was even more boring than last year. It appeared to me that Jensen was bored as well although he tried to hide it. And Misha having to bring his own chair out was just  . . . ugh! Nothing, absolutely nothing interesting came out of the panel. There was more hobnobbing and sucking up to Singer from Rich and Rob than usual. 

This is, or was, my favorite show until season 10 ep 3. I've tried to keep watching because I still love the characters but the stories really aren't there anymore and it seems that the Js are only in it for the steady paycheck anymore (which they should be as new parents with growing families). I just wish I could keep watching and enjoying the show but not sure I can anymore.

Please, please, please! let Dabb and Singer move over to the spinoff!!!!

Does anyone know if there are any of the after question videos up? Where they talk at the different tables individually?

Edited by Res
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

No way in hell would Dean be just "oh well, the rift is closed, she must be dead".

Yup, that's a totally believable, human response to your own mother's disappearance. "Whelp, we've got bigger fish to fry!" Just normal human stuff. Mmmmhmmmm.

What kind of cracks me up is that this makes no sense even relative to the S12 finale. I mean, there was the whole thing about Dean putting everything else aside in order to save Mary, and finally facing his grief over her death in 1983, and opening himself up to creating a new relationship with her...And then like the next day in show time, Mary goes through a portal, and Dean is like, "Eh, probably dead. MOVE ON SAM, JEEZ."

I dunno guys. Who are they writing this show for? Who do they think wants to see this storyline, or any of the storylines they're hyping lately? "Dean abandons his mother for dead." "Sam and Dean raise a baby-man." "Lucifer is STILL AROUND."

I'll be watching, I always do. But I am honestly perplexed at these choices.

• Love 3