Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Bridget said:

For what it's worth, and please forgive me if you are privy to this, but NYDJ (Not Your Daughter's Jeans) is a great brand that not only flatters, but comes in loads of colors, styles, fabric that look great on almost anyone of all ages. Their jeans are awesome and are the only ones that I wear.

Some of their jeans/trousers are expensive ($80-$120 average), but keep your eyes peeled on Amazon; the prices fluctuate almost every day. You can grab a pair for $40 if you time it right. 

I swear by NYDJ!! I get mine during the Nordstrom anniversary sale or during haute look sales. They are AMAZING. 

• Love 1

I've had the opposite problem for a few years now. I've been trying to put on 20-25 pounds and I just can't. I'm sick of being so scrawny and having people think I have an eating disorder. I just never have an appetite and when I try to eat if I'm not hungry, I gag on it.  My husband will come home from work and ask if I've eaten and even though it might be 7 at night, I haven't eaten all day because I'm just not hungry.  I made it up to 104 last year and then dropped back to 97.  I'm different from a lot of people because if I get stressed or depressed I can't eat. 

When I tell people this issue I get such condescension. I hear "oh you poor little thing" and people saying that what I have isn't a problem.  I gained a lot of weight when I quit drinking in 95 and it was so much easier for me to lose it than it is to gain it now. 

My goal for this year is to get up to 125. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 7

Well, this has been an “exciting” night. My town just got hit by a tornado.  I live 6 miles from town but it was a close call.  It went across my dad’s road but he was sleeping and didn’t know about it. His road is blocked but since it’s night time he doesn’t know the extent of damage. My town was hit by an F3 back in 1999. But tonight had me shaking when I heard my dad’s County Road number on the tv.  Scary night. Hug your loved ones.  Still accessing damage and the storms aren’t over yet.  

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Mkay said:

Well, this has been an “exciting” night. My town just got hit by a tornado.  I live 6 miles from town but it was a close call.  It went across my dad’s road but he was sleeping and didn’t know about it. His road is blocked but since it’s night time he doesn’t know the extent of damage. My town was hit by an F3 back in 1999. But tonight had me shaking when I heard my dad’s County Road number on the tv.  Scary night. Hug your loved ones.  Still accessing damage and the storms aren’t over yet.  

I hope nothing more happens. That is so scary! Keep us informed, please.

• Love 1

All warnings and watches have been cancelled for the rest of the night. My pulse is still a little high for all the worrying about my family, but everyone is good.  So far we haven’t heard of any injuries but lots of damage. Our town is small so it doesn’t take much to wipe it out. But it’s very rural so some houses were destroyed. Until daylight we won’t know the extent but some of the pictures have been sad.  My whole family was very lucky.  The path it took could have easily veered to all of our houses.  Snow last Tuesday, 70 degree weather and tornados on Sunday.  Gotta love NE Texas. 

• Love 1
On 1/11/2018 at 8:39 PM, Maharincess said:

I've had the opposite problem for a few years now. I've been trying to put on 20-25 pounds and I just can't. I'm sick of being so scrawny and having people think I have an eating disorder. I just never have an appetite and when I try to eat if I'm not hungry, I gag on it.  My husband will come home from work and ask if I've eaten and even though it might be 7 at night, I haven't eaten all day because I'm just not hungry.  I made it up to 104 last year and then dropped back to 97.  I'm different from a lot of people because if I get stressed or depressed I can't eat. 

When I tell people this issue I get such condescension. I hear "oh you poor little thing" and people saying that what I have isn't a problem.  I gained a lot of weight when I quit drinking in 95 and it was so much easier for me to lose it than it is to gain it now. 

Aw I'm sorry. Mu best friend in college was 5'10 and maybe 110 pounds on a good day. She ate chips and McDonalds and all that, but she just filled up really easily. If she got a double cheeseburger from McDonalds, that would fill her up for like, the rest of the day. But we would be walking to classes, and someone would yell at the window "eat a sandwich!" from a passing car. It was so unbelievably rude. As someone who always wanted to lose weight (I wasn't overweight, but I envied a body like hers) I thought she was crazy to complain until I saw firsthand how awful complete strangers could be to her. There was a magazine I read where they talked to girls with physical characteristics that were generally seen as desirable (very thin, or large breasted, or very tall- not necessarily all three at once) about the downsides of these characteristics. The very skinny girl said she had a woman come up to her at the store and say something like, 'you think by starving yourself you'll make yourself beautiful but you are actually very ugly'. Who says shit like that?

• Love 1

Thanks everyone. We are all ok. Pictures of the damage coming out are sad but no injuries reported. We always have tornado warnings in the spring but for January it’s not normal.  Scary night for sure.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

Aw I'm sorry. Mu best friend in college was 5'10 and maybe 110 pounds on a good day. She ate chips and McDonalds and all that, but she just filled up really easily. If she got a double cheeseburger from McDonalds, that would fill her up for like, the rest of the day. But we would be walking to classes, and someone would yell at the window "eat a sandwich!" from a passing car. It was so unbelievably rude. As someone who always wanted to lose weight (I wasn't overweight, but I envied a body like hers) I thought she was crazy to complain until I saw firsthand how awful complete strangers could be to her. There was a magazine I read where they talked to girls with physical characteristics that were generally seen as desirable (very thin, or large breasted, or very tall- not necessarily all three at once) about the downsides of these characteristics. The very skinny girl said she had a woman come up to her at the store and say something like, 'you think by starving yourself you'll make yourself beautiful but you are actually very ugly'. Who says shit like that?

I have gotten that type of attitude my entire life. I am 5' 6" and generally weigh 100 - 110. People think nothing of "thin shaming" me. It drives me crazy. I really wish people would understand that just as it is not acceptable to berate someone for being fat it is also not acceptable to do the same to a thin person! My weight is none of your business!

Glad you are okay @Mkay!

• Love 2

I’m good.  Family and friends are good. It was an F2. It hit most of our rural areas.  My dad’s house was literally on the outside of its path.  Whew. If it had kept on track it would have went straight to my moms home. The news says it dissappated after 7 miles then picked back up again for a short distance before heading into Arkansas.  It missed us by 5 miles.    

• Love 2
On 1/11/2018 at 9:39 PM, Maharincess said:

Maharincess, that's a LOT for you to gain, given what you have said about your appetite.  Good luck, though! 

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:37 PM, GreatKazu said:

I lost ten pounds because I was dealing with bronchitis shortly before Christmas. All I had was fluids. 

Five pounds came back! 

I need to go to the gym a lot more often. 

just call Dr Miami, I hear the surgery's free if you let him snap it!!!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Fuck that was a long night with no board! And it took out our likes. Thats usually how I find where I left off exactly. Gooooood Morning PREVERTS!!!!!

lol...AMF is more my speed. *wink* 

My peeps!!!

Boy, I sure got a lot done yesterday while the board was down. lol

Yes, not seeing the "likes" being highlighted has left me wondering where I left off. Oh well, I guess you all will get double likes because I am going to go through the threads and start liking shit all over the place. ha! 

10 hours ago, MissMel said:

No, no-it's there.  Bottom right corner of posts.  The count is missing for now, though.  That will be fixed soon.

5a6b30c919241_forumsnip.thumb.JPG.abb4709c2e62f92c68cbaae07efb0176.JPG

The hearts are there, but there are numerous posts that I had "liked" previously before the shut-down of the board and now the hearts are not "filled in" which tells me which posts I had "liked". 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6
On 1/11/2018 at 7:39 PM, Maharincess said:

Maharincess I am late to this thread but I know you live in California so I want you to look for a strain of marijuana called chemdawg. I have a patient with hepatitis and she was wasting away until we started her on this. She gained 8 pounds the first week and 18 total in 3 weeks. 

I have the opposite problem as you and I stay far far away from that strain!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, butterbody said:

Maharincess I am late to this thread but I know you live in California so I want you to look for a strain of marijuana called chemdawg. I have a patient with hepatitis and she was wasting away until we started her on this. She gained 8 pounds the first week and 18 total in 3 weeks. 

I have the opposite problem as you and I stay far far away from that strain!

Thanks!  I'm a smoker but it's never really given me munchies like it does other people. I'll try that strain next time I order, thanks again. I just ordered a case of Ensure that will be here tomorrow, I'm hoping that will help. Today I didn't eat anything until after 7 because I just wasn't hungry. And I was surrounded by food all day because I was making a bunch of stuff for the game tomorrow. 

• Love 2
On 12/4/2017 at 9:49 AM, Mkay said:

I could use some cheering up.  I’m usually the one who tries to make people laugh, to not tell my problems. People have their own issues in life, they don’t need to worry with mine.  But last week I got some medical news that I’m not handling very well. My marriage is more like roommates and has been for a while. My family and friends are aware of that part.  I get lonely, but being able to laugh with y’all helps. I haven’t worked for almost 2 yrs because of constant migraines and mother issues.  I feel so so sad. I keep my smile on my face but it’s gettinf harder to hide.  If I had the means to leave and take care of myself and my daughter I’d have been out of this relationship a long time ago.  Last week things got worse.  I feel stuck.  It’s just major sadness, nothing more. I don’t want to talk with my local friends or family because I get the same response “Leave him!” It isn’t that easy when you have no income of your own or the money to file divorce. I needed to vent. But what’s he’s done is unforgivable and I can’t even stand to be in the same room with him once he gets home. 

Im so sorry @Mkay. We're all here for you when you want to vent! This forum is amazing, not just for snarking but to do exactly that...vent with other woman who i gurantee you are in them same or similar situation. I agree with you that its easier to talk to strangers sometimes more than friends and family. But just know that all of us here are like a little family! Lol we're here to listen to whatever is on your mind and want to vent about!! Good luck with everything mama! You'll get thru this difficult moment. 

• Love 6

Hey there my hilarious PTV family. I have a dental question. I'm at the end stage of gum disease (been battling it for 25 years) and have started the process of having teeth pulled and bone grafts done where the tooth was. I've had 5 extractions with grafts done in the last 3 weeks. It's been a real blast, I tell ya! The only tooth replacement option for folks like me is implants. I have one that I got about 16 years ago. There is a procedure now called "All On 4" where they attach an entire arch to 4 implants instead of one for every tooth, which would cost around $40k - eek! The dentist that's been doing the extractions thinks I'm a good candidate for this option and I'll find out for sure when I have consults with some periodontists. I'd really like to avoid Clear Choice (the commercials we see on TV all the time) for several reasons and am wondering if any of you here have had implant full arch replacement and what the total cost wound up being?

• Love 2

I'm currently going through a similar situation.  I'm still researching options because you never know who is thinking of your best interests or just picking your wallet.  I'd say around about $30,000, give or take $10k, is a good estimate.  I'm steering clear of the commercial type people but this one looks to be at least informative:

https://www.drjoeldavid.com/

I'm currently waiting for an appointment at a hospital for my whole mouth extractions.  My healing dentures are bought and paid for and ready for placement.  After that heals, I'll move on to the implant stage but I'm pretty sure my top arch is 6 pins.  The lower can be four.  Watch that when talking with anyone.  They tend to quote just one arch if you aren't very specific about what information you need.  Good luck to you!  This sucks.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MissMel said:

I'm currently going through a similar situation.  I'm still researching options because you never know who is thinking of your best interests or just picking your wallet.  I'd say around about $30,000, give or take $10k, is a good estimate.  I'm steering clear of the commercial type people but this one looks to be at least informative:

https://www.drjoeldavid.com/

I'm currently waiting for an appointment at a hospital for my whole mouth extractions.  My healing dentures are bought and paid for and ready for placement.  After that heals, I'll move on to the implant stage but I'm pretty sure my top arch is 6 pins.  The lower can be four.  Watch that when talking with anyone.  They tend to quote just one arch if you aren't very specific about what information you need.  Good luck to you!  This sucks.

Thank you. It really does suck, big time. $30k is what I was thinking by the time it's all said and done. I'm going to have consults with several periodontists before I take the leap because there is quite a range of prices from dr to dr. I wish I could afford the guy that did my implant years ago. But, I believe he's one of the spendiest in my area nowadays. I am going to have a consult with him just to check, though. Good luck to you, too! We'll have to compare pics of our high dollar smiles when we're done :) My biggest fear is teeth that are too big and look like chiclets. I do not want horse teeth and am going to be extremely picky about them. For that kind of money, I want what I want, dammit!

• Love 2
On 2/6/2018 at 7:00 PM, lovesnark said:

Hey there my hilarious PTV family. I have a dental question. I'm at the end stage of gum disease (been battling it for 25 years) and have started the process of having teeth pulled and bone grafts done where the tooth was. I've had 5 extractions with grafts done in the last 3 weeks. It's been a real blast, I tell ya! The only tooth replacement option for folks like me is implants. I have one that I got about 16 years ago. There is a procedure now called "All On 4" where they attach an entire arch to 4 implants instead of one for every tooth, which would cost around $40k - eek! The dentist that's been doing the extractions thinks I'm a good candidate for this option and I'll find out for sure when I have consults with some periodontists. I'd really like to avoid Clear Choice (the commercials we see on TV all the time) for several reasons and am wondering if any of you here have had implant full arch replacement and what the total cost wound up being?

I am going through the same thing. I have lost 6 teeth in the past year and am getting ready to have the rest extracted. My connective tissue disorder will not allow my gums to accept implants so I am going for dentures. Ugh. I also have a severe overbite and will have to get both jaws broken and reset. They are still trying to decide if they can do that all at the same time (all the extractions and the jaw surgery). 

Good luck, my peeps!

• Love 4

So Randalicious has a Facebook group in which he talks about dentistry. I sent him a message with a You Tube video I made of my teeth. I've been having problems for years but, in my rural area, can't find a dentist or oral surgeon to work with me. my connective tissue disorder is causing my gums to disintegrate and my teeth to literally fall out. The teeth themselves are just crumbling, too. I've lost 6 in the past year and have 4 more that need to come out. My entire mouth is incredibly painful. I can't have implants because my bones and gums won't hold them in. I need to get them all extracted and get dentures. The problem is that my connective tissue disorder has also caused my lower jaw to shift to the left and my upper jaw to shift to the right. My lower jaw has also gone back a little, giving me an overbite. They say that I can't get dentures until the overbite is fixed. So, basically, what I need is to have both jaws broken and all my teeth pulled. Nobody around here wants to do that. They're afraid of the disorder. (There are some big complications that can happen with surgery for me.) I have to do something, though. I now have two teeth that have literally broken off at the gum. The only thing left are the roots. 

I made a You Tube video showing people what was happening to my mouth and I sent Randy the link. You never know...he may want some attention. He handles dental advice anyway and if he's up for a challenge...

• Love 7

Good Luck @mamadrama!  Hopefully he can at least offer some advice.  I've done my first consult at the University of Florida and working on getting my blood work levels acceptable enough to do the second consult for surgery.  It's not easy and I'm getting anxious but it sounds like you have an even tougher road ahead for you.  It really sucks to need the work done but can't find a way.  It involves our whole bodies and health to have mouths in this condition.  I hope you can find a way to get some relief.  

• Love 5
12 hours ago, MissMel said:

Good Luck @mamadrama!  Hopefully he can at least offer some advice.  I've done my first consult at the University of Florida and working on getting my blood work levels acceptable enough to do the second consult for surgery.  It's not easy and I'm getting anxious but it sounds like you have an even tougher road ahead for you.  It really sucks to need the work done but can't find a way.  It involves our whole bodies and health to have mouths in this condition.  I hope you can find a way to get some relief.  

Good luck with yours, too! It's a pain in the ass to have something happen to your teeth. Ugh. And yeah, your dental health affects your whole body. I have a thoracic aneurysm so we try to keep infections and stuff at bay. I don't have any abscesses, yet, but I am worried about them. 

• Love 3
On 2/17/2018 at 8:57 PM, GreatKazu said:

I am so sad to read how many of my peeps are dealing with teeth issues. Good luck everyone! Positive thoughts. 

Thanks, man :) I was supposed to have another molar extracted yesterday and I rescheduled for next Monday. I've finally figured out a way to sort of chew food (I only have two molars left and they're on opposite sides) and I wanted a week of eating more than yogurt and soup before I was back on the soft and mushy diet. There has been a nice thing come out of this. I can eat ice cream again! I had three teeth that were so hot and cold sensitive, eating ice cream was too much of a hassle, so I broke up with Ben & Jerry. It's been wonderful to rekindle our relationship-haha!

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

Thanks, man :) I was supposed to have another molar extracted yesterday and I rescheduled for next Monday. I've finally figured out a way to sort of chew food (I only have two molars left and they're on opposite sides) and I wanted a week of eating more than yogurt and soup before I was back on the soft and mushy diet. There has been a nice thing come out of this. I can eat ice cream again! I had three teeth that were so hot and cold sensitive, eating ice cream was too much of a hassle, so I broke up with Ben & Jerry. It's been wonderful to rekindle our relationship-haha!

It is the little things in life that can sometimes mean so much to us. Glad to read you are able to enjoy ice cream again. :-)

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Puff puff pass*

Never smoked or tried gummies a day in my life. Not even a cigarette.  My migraines have becomes horrendous where I can hardly do daily things that need to be done. I live in a state Medical marijuana is not legal. I’ve read about it helping some people with migraines.  What do you all think?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mkay said:

Never smoked or tried gummies a day in my life. Not even a cigarette.  My migraines have becomes horrendous where I can hardly do daily things that need to be done. I live in a state Medical marijuana is not legal. I’ve read about it helping some people with migraines.  What do you all think?

Try it. Start slow and puff your way up. Or, try edibles. 

• Love 2

I don't really like smoking but I love the oil and gummies.  I don't have migraines and usually use THC free for other issues, every day.  It's legal in all 50 States.  No high but it will relax you at first.  Here's a website:

https://www.greenroadsworld.com/collections/all

They can help you figure out where to start if you want to give it a try.  Reasonable prices, too.  My son even has his dogs on it.  There are some healthy benefits so it's worth a shot.

Now if you do ever find yourself in the position to get the full potency option, I say go for it too.  Sour gummies can easily be divided if they are the ribbons.  The sour gummy kids usually come 5 to a pack so just start with just one of those.  Be ready to get comfy and have the nap of your life.  Us newbies get the best benefits even from a small amount.  Not too bad!  I will smoke but I don't prefer it.  I'll take gummies, leaded or leaded, any day though.  It's worth it to get relief and health benefits.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Guys, what happened in the Leah thread? I saw a couple of new posters (who I kind of thought were the same person) then I go to reply and say something about Ali and it was locked up. 

Anybody know why? 

I just looked at her thread. I think a new poster was starting trouble. 

• Love 5