Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

But Rumpel is smart enough to figure out a way to off or otherwise mess with Hook without implicating himself. That's what I just can't buy about Hook's "blackmail." Rumpel probably has a list of 496045704 ways he could remove Hook as a threat without breaking a sweat and without implicating himself (including just wiping Hook's memory). Why won't he just do them? The suspension of disbelief is way too much.

I also don't necessarily buy that Rumpel is deathly afraid of Emma's magic (yet). She might have raw power on him, but she can't harness it effectively. In a magic fight, right now, I would pick Rumpel over Emma.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 2

I guess we could chalk it up to Rumple having some use for Killy involving a nefarious Sorceror's hat plan. It's been a few days since he discovered the hat, so maybe he already formulated six dozen different schemes that would need the use of a pawn like Killy ( and thus paralleling anna)?

• Love 1
As to why rumple doesn't just off him? Unless he can completely deceive everyone that he had nothing to do with hook's murder/accident/whatever rumple would do to him, then it wouldn't be in his best interests. It would show belle and everyone that he hasn't changed and he would have to deal with emma.

Belle wouldn't care. She'd just be angry with Killian for making Rumple kill him - for turning a man with a good heart momentarily bad. But, Rumple has a true heart and he's better than that so he will be better soon and if anybody complained, they would be the person with the dark heart.

Meanwhile, Rumple doesn't fear Emma because he always thinks he's the smartest/most talented guy in the room. No matter what, he'll be able to out-fox everybody. You saw that reflected in his son where he didn't care about the cost of resurrecting Rumple because Rumple can work his way around any deal.

I think Rumple is letting Hook blackmail him because he needs a chump to do something for him and Hook is somebody he'd really like to see be that chump. Rumple got his training to be a con man from his dad and he knows how to run the long con. You've got to make the mark think things are their ideas and once you've set the hook, you patiently wait to real them in. He's letting Hook think he has the upper hand and then he's going to turn the tables on him.

• Love 3

I agree. Rumple is running a long con on Hook. I hope that will somehow backfire on Rumple, because it's boring to see these super-powerful magic wielders like Rumple and Regina getting the best of non-magical ones.

• Love 4

Apparently Charles Mesure (Blackbeard) was on set, although it is unclear if he was actually filming. (source)

Very interesting. Seems pretty unlikely he'd be hanging out in Vancouver with the Frozen actors but not filming. He also recently followed Elizabeth Lail on Twitter.

ETA: Wait, Google tells me he's pals with and has worked with Elizabeth Mitchell, so in that case I guess it's possible.

Edited by retrograde

I noticed in the Anna/Rumple sneak peek that Geppetto's puppet parents are in the background. Haven't seen them for a super long time.

(It's so weird that Geppetto made a marionette son after that...)

Edited by KingOfHearts

Possible info on Wednesday's filming:

We stopped in at Outpost Mini Donut Company (AMAAAAAAAAAAZING DONUT PLACE OMFG T-T) and the lady told us that they would be filming on Wednesday, October 22nd. I didn’t see any notices so it’s possible it’s subject to change, but here’s the info she gave us:

She said they would be using the parking lot next to the mini donut place (where they filmed CS flirting before Grumpy comes up and then they run into the little wooded fence where Elsa was hiding and she made the Snow Monster), and they’d be filming on Main Street — get this, "a big brawl scene with at least 15 people!”

I say "possible" because they let the local businesses know they are filming, but do they give this level of detail? But then, I'm not entirely sure why a local business owner would make something like that up? Anyway, make of it what you will.

Yeah, I guess if the Main St filming is happening right outside their store and there is a noise pollution aspect they might let them know. But I would have assumed "big network primetime TV show filming" is equally disruptive no matter what they're actually doing?

Rumsy4: The more I think about it, I really like your idea of this thing backfiring on Rumple. Emma knows the long con too, yes? Ironically, thanks to Neal. It would explain so much, and Killian would relish the idea of taking Rumple down a peg with Emma's blessing. I so hope this is what they're planning. If Belle were somehow part of it, well, that would just be icing on the cake.

• Love 3

I doubt Rumple will be able to hold onto the sorcerer's hat forever. The good guys wouldn't let him keep a super charged magic energizer bunny in his back pocket, unless he can keep it a secret. I'm thinking the hat will be destroyed, locked away/sealed forever somehow, or it'll end up in the bad guy's hands.

New article from HitFix about the date (warning, this article really needs an editor; it hurts me). We have seen quite a few of these quotes already, but they have included longer versions of many of them (too long, really -- again, I want to take out a red pen -- but the fan in me appreciates it).

O'Donoghue: "It's nice?"
Morrison: "It's really nice!"
O'Donaghue: "We have a good time."
Morrison: "We have a great time."

For O'Donoghue, it's important to tie the date into bigger magical doings on "Once Upon a Time."

"The date itself goes really well for them," he repeats to a small pack of writers. "There are other struggles that are going on behind. Hook has made a deal with Rumplestiltskin to get his hand back so that he can have it to be able to hold Emma, as he says and... he's worried that the hand is cursed and basically he just won't have any secrets from Emma and he's worried that by having this, it's beginning to bring back the violence that he used to have and that's behind it all."

If he didn't want to have any secrets from Emma, he probably should have, y'know, told her about the dagger instead of keeping it a secret and then locking himself in to that secrecy. 

"This is the first time that Emma is wearing something that's softer and gentler and sweeter and romantic. To me, that was really important, because I wanted it to be symbolic of something very different than the other times we've seen her on a date. We've seen her with the guy who was a perpetrator that she was after and that was a ruse, that was her just playing a character in order to catch this guy. So she sorta played the stereotypical 'date' look. And then we saw her on a date Walsh when she was in New York and she was still having to make her own way and she was a single mom and she was into black leather there's something still kinda tough and edgy about that. And now, she really likes this guy and she's very genuine about it and it needs to be something that she found in Storybrooke, because she wouldn't have had something like that in her wardrobe, so it needs to look like it could have come from Storybrooke, but it also needs to look like something that she feels comfortable in. It's definitely the softest, most romantic side of her and the fact that she feels safe enough and inspired to express that part of herself to him, I think was a really important thing to show."

ETA:

Since it happened on a Saturday, I'm doubtful there was filming happening.

Apparently there was.

Edited by retrograde

Blackbeard? I don't think he was shooting, but, even if he was, it was probably a short cameo like the one in Snow Drift. Maybe Kristoff or the Snow Queen crossed paths with him in the Enchanted Forest or Arandelle, like Snow did.

• Love 1

Last season, someone who lives near the docks in Steveston posted a letter from production that included a note about fake gunfire so I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens if there are big scenes like a major rumble -- just a head's up for the shops type thing. And I wouldn't be surprised if the stores have a good working relationship with the production now to the point where they may talk to them or tell them more than what's just on the sheet they post.

Blackbeard would new interesting -- perhaps they're doing an all-encompassing flashback for the finale like they did for Going Home. That would be cool to see him back but I want Liam back too someday!

I say "possible" because they let the local businesses know they are filming, but do they give this level of detail?

Quite possibly. The filming notices in general (just not ouat) give some level of detail of the action that will be occurring and where (there will be actors filmed walking or running down such-and-such a street at such-and-such a time). A brawl would be worth mentioning in the filming notice because they don't want to alarm people. Filming notices generally go out three to five days in advance of filming breaking down the timeline, locations and general description of the outdoor action. They may also include information about where they would like you to park.

Here is an example filming notice that the City of Vancouver expects.

I would not be surprised if the stores on Moncton (Main) St. get even more advance notice because they need to re-dress many of the exteriors and window displays.

• Love 1

"You have to hand it to the Dark One, he makes dreams come true... for a price."

When you think about it, Rumple does people a favor. He lists and handles the price of magic for his clients without any surprises. He takes care of it so fate doesn't have to!

I like how Rumple's voice changes when he tells Anna "Do it!" It's almost monster like.

I'm interested to see why Rumple has Anna attempt to kill him.

Edited by KingOfHearts
When you think about it, Rumple does people a favor. He lists and handles the price of magic for his clients without any surprises

I think the one thing you can count on when you deal with Rumple is a surprise. He rarely does a straight up deal -  there are always hidden costs. He's a combination used car-salesman and loan shark of the magical world. You just aren't going to win in a deal with Rumple and he's going to do something awful to you if you can't pay on his timeline.

Most of the price of magic seems to be what Rumple wants to charge people. He and Regina seem to be able to do a great deal of magic without paying much of a cost. Most of the costs they pay are because they made bad choices (e.g. deciding to taunt Zelena made  her an enemy. She wouldn't let him use her shoes to get to his son, decided to imprison him and tried to trick his son into killing himself - turned out no trick was necessary).

Anna is obviously going to make a very bad deal because she is trusting and naive. This episode will likely show us that even somebody wary, suspicious and up on Rumple's tricks will also make a crapastic deal with the dude. Heads you lose, tails he wins. Both Hook and Anna will lose terribly.

• Love 3

I know it's wishful thinking but I'm really hoping that line from Regina about you ruined my life is not directed at Emma.

And if it is, it had better be tossed right back in Regina's face.

• Love 7

Or Emma takes a page from herself in "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" and decks Regina. I'm tired of Regina's endless blame game. Move her forward and give her some self-awareness and just stop with the poor, poor Woegina stuff. It's really ruined what used to be a fun character.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 6

Does Elsa say something about state records when showing Emma those pics of her with the Snow Queen?

I think so.  Weird.

So, who is the most likely candidate for Regina's Evil Eyes hissing?  Because my current guess is Sidney.

Wait... so there are pictures of Emma and DQ together in Storybrooke as adults?? The intrigue is off the charts.

Was it adult Emma or teen Emma?  Since there's the Emma/Snow Queen connection from Emma's past, is it possible that the ice cream parlor is the Snow Queen's usual cover?

And we know that Emma lost the earlier memories, would she have lost recent ones as well?

Edited by Mari

Was it adult Emma or teen Emma?  Since there's the Emma/Snow Queen connection from Emma's past, is it possible that the ice cream parlor is the Snow Queen's usual cover?

I don't know... it looks the same as the SB one.  I agree with retrograde, it looks like adult Emma. She's wearing a leather jacket too. It would, however, be cool if DQ actually raised Emma in Storybrooke. However, Regina would be a problem there.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Elsa says the pictures are from Storybrooke records, not state. And they are of adult Emma and the DQ in her ice cream shop? Is she handing Emma a cone? Maybe that's what tips off her spidey senses. Emma's like I would never eat that if I want to fit into these jeans.

EM is fabulous in that snowman scene with Elsa. I want to be excited for the next episode with DQ, Elsa and Emma but man the leech is back sucking the life out of the characters I want to watch. We were doing so well with the last 3 episodes.

• Love 4

Elsa says the pictures are from Storybrooke records, not state. And they are of adult Emma and the DQ in her ice cream shop? Is she handing Emma a cone? Maybe that's what tips off her spidey senses. Emma's like I would never eat that if I want to fit into these jeans.

EM is fabulous in that snowman scene with Elsa. I want to be excited for the next episode with DQ, Elsa and Emma but man the leech is back sucking the life out of the characters I want to watch. We were doing so well with the last 3 episodes.

Leech?  Why, whoever do you mean, Jean?

I feel extra dumb now, but I didn't think of her enchanting the ice cream like a memory potion.  So, if they were taken in Storybrooke, when?  Wouldn't it have to be between episode three and episode 4, since the Snow Queen didn't seem to know that Emma was there before that?

OnceUponSomeChaos pointed out that in the promo is a shot from Going Home--with Neal, and everyone else in it.  So, did they pad the promo with random exciting footage, or is there going to be a flashback to an earlier Storybrooke?

Edited by Mari

I know it's wishful thinking but I'm really hoping that line from Regina about you ruined my life is not directed at Emma.

If it's directed at Emma I'll be flipping a table. St. Regina of the Perpetual Tears: Biggest victim the world has ever seen. Feh, lines like that dampen the enthusiasm that I have left for this show.

• Love 5

I hope that too, but I don't think it would be bad writing for it to be directed at Emma. Regina is a whiny blame-others psycho. My only problem with it would be if Emma didn't come back at her with "Excuse me? Who cast a curse that imprisoned my parents and left me as an orphan for 28 years?"

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2