Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I'm not 100% convinced Maleficent will be THE arc of 4B. The show runners have said she will be in several episodes, but they haven't said the season will focus on her. I'm not saying she won't be either, just that we're assuming a lot at this stage.

I'm guessing the spoiler they saw may have been a set or a prop thing. I don't think the doors would have been open if they were actually filming and I'm not sure how clearly they could have made out people or their actions from the street.

• Love 1

I'm not 100% convinced Maleficent will be THE arc of 4B.

So agreeing with that statement.

The writers like to surprise us too much for evething with 4b be so obvious it will be like season 2 and this arc more than one villain in  theb play.

I think it is DQ with Snowing because the Emma DQ connection, so maybe she already knew them before .

We've been told Regina's Operation Mongoose arc will last into the second half. I think they're going to make Regina's search for the author and fight for her "happy ending" front and center.

So some fans were hanging out outside the studios yesterday and apparently saw a massive spoiler - although they're not telling right now.

A bunch of journalists are on set and fans are speculating that this means that it's indeed the end of the Frozen arc - 9 episodes, like the original casting call for Elsa said.

Speculation nothing, Elizabeth Mitchell already confirmed that it was the end, just like the 9th episode of 3A was the end of the Neverland arc and the 9th episode of 3B was the end of the Zelena arc. Episodes 10 and 11 are always a two-parter that transitions one arc to the next: Pan's scheme in Storybrooke leading to 3B, Emma and Hook going back in time leading to 4A, and now something that leads to 4B that does not involve Elsa, Anna and Kristoff in it.

• Love 1

I hope whatever they are setting up for 4B has something to do with Rumple and the hat, and not with Regina and the stupid Operation Mongoose. But knowing this show, it's probably the latter.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 5

I thought the hat wrapped up in the first half of the season.

We need Carlyle to do an interview where he spoils whatever he's up to with Hook.  Make it happen bloggers/wanna be "journalists"!

There was a comment/speculation regarding the hat where Rumple needed someone pure of heart like Anna.  I'm not so sure about that since he seems to be using Hook for whatever he has in mind this go around.  I'm not sure I would qualify Hook as someone who is pure of heart because of his past misdeeds.

Rumple and the hat, and not with Regina and the stupid Operation Mongoose.

Actually Rumple seems the only one we know nothing about for 4b except for maybe Belle mother could be back ( link to Maleficient. I guess as fae )

Actually 4B  seems already full. If we think about what we already know.

Regina and Henry quest plus OQ  (Robin storyback) resolve.

So Regina has already a big S.l for next arc if we add some obvious connection to Maleficient.

Hook backstory and something with his father plus CS where Emma will fight for him probably in the final some I l Y Moment. Adding that Maleficient with both characters  had knew before

Maleficien sob story and her story with Aurora. Her new plan for revenge against who wrong her. ( All the resident of Storybook it appears)

Knave backstory and his link to Robin and Maleficient and what happened to ANA.

TVLine interview about the date

VERY spoilery, IMO. This is the second time that JMo describes the date in positive terms. "Super romantic" and now "great"? I think maybe it won't be THAT angsty - or at least, the angst will be hand related and not Emma related for Hook.

• Love 3

They wait up all night? LOL. I can't stop smiling even though I'm sure it's not what I think it means. Though Jen was a little coy about whether her and Hook would be having tacos this season in an interview a couple weeks back.

Now I'm finally looking forward to this date. I was expecting a complete disaster, but maybe it isn't that bad. I also expected something to be up with the hand. I don't mind Hook getting a reminder of his darker past through the hand, it'd be a good to realize how far he's come and to see him be disturbed by himself much like he was in the S3 finale. It would be nice if the date goes fine, but he wants to cut the hand off still to separate who he is now from who he was. I'm still nervous about how Emma will see all of this, but it might not be as bad as I originally imagined.

• Love 1
Dealing for the hand “was a really, really stupid thing for [Hook] to do,” Robert Carlyle teases. “That comes back to bite him, really badly.”

Lol. Robert basically reiterating what we've been saying in here. Yep, really stupid.

ETA: I'm actually getting more excited about this cursed hand plot now. If Hook thinks his hand has been cursed by Rumple because it's making him lash out and become more villainous, but in the end it's actually not cursed - it's just infused with Hook's old personality, then that could be an interesting moment where Hook realizes he wants to shed (or: literally chop) that old personality once and for all. We already kind of got that with the punch to the face in Snow Drifts, but this could be another big step towards making him a part of "Team Hero."

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

Dealing for the hand “was a really, really stupid thing for [Hook] to do,” Robert Carlyle teases. “That comes back to bite him, really badly.”

Very ill enthused about watching a train wreck. We all know how it's going to end.

Here is my theory. Whatever Rumple has planned with the sorcerer's hat, he clearly needs the assistance of some patsy. In the past, this was evidently Anna. So Hook goes to Rumple and says, "Give me my hand back, or I'll tell Belle about the dagger." Rumple obliges, possibly already knowing it is "cursed" (or that it is full of all the hate and anger Hook was feeling when it was severed, anyway). Meanwhile, he switches the dagger back. Either the next day or that night, Hook asks Rumple to remove it again, and he says, "Yeaaaaah, no. I've switched the dagger back, and you have no proof it was ever gone. So if you want me to remove your hand, you're going to have to do something for me..." and that is how Hook gets caught up in whatever is going on with the hat, which we see him holding some episodes later.

• Love 4

I'm weirdly happy that we called the cursed hand business the day they filmed it. 

That means we're starting to think like Adam and Eddy. I don't know if I want to be happy about that...

• Love 4

I liked the TV Line article.  It sounds like they have a really nice time and then Will shows up and interrupts everything.  I would think Emma arrests him for escaping last week.  This is probably why she doesn't get home all night, she spends it at the station filing the paperwork.  I'd love for the date to end well, but with a drink spilt on the dress and a cursed hand, I'm not sure how that happens.

That means we're starting to think like Adam and Eddy. I don't know if I want to be happy about that...

This is a worrying thought ;-)

Episode 5 is the one devoted to the "oh so amazing friendship between Emma and Regina", so if Emma sees that there is something wrong caused by magic going on with Hook's hand, maybe that's why she goes to Regina, seeking for help.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Episode 5 is the one devoted to the "oh so amazing friendship between Emma and Regina", so if Emma sees that there is something wrong caused by magic going on with Hook's hand, maybe that's why she goes to Regina, seeking for help.

Or maybe that is the one where Henry starts wearing a suit and hanging out with Rumple, and they agree to put their differences aside to deal with it because they're totally creeped out by it all.

• Love 3

I think of it more as the brain version of predictive text.  We don't necessarily think that way ourselves, but the more we see, the more likely we are to predict what they're going to do next.

• Love 2

While it still doesn't explain why the style is "Spring Dance, circa 1954," at least the mystery of the pink dress color is solved. It's much more !!dramatic!! to have Will spill (probably red) wine on a pink dress than on a more Emma-like red dress, and it would just slide right off the black leather thingy she wore on her date with Walsh.  

I've been toying with turning in my Oncers card since early 3b, but between the idiocy of this "Hook blackmailing Rumpel over the dagger" storyline and the cursed hand subplot, the cutsey-poo date complete with her "parents" waiting up so they can hear every detail, and, of course, the narcolepsy that tends to overtake me every time "Captain Swan" appears on-screen...yeah, I think I'm pretty much done with this experience. 

Edited by Amerilla

I'm still really hoping that the suit is somehow related to the potential girlfriend that was mentioned for Henry ages ago.  Although if he goes to Rumple for dating advice (or listens to Rumple's dating advice) instead Charming, I do not know what I will do.

• Love 2

Rumple needed someone pure of heart like Anna.  I'm not so sure about that since he seems to be using Hook for whatever he has in mind this go around.  I'm not sure I would qualify Hook as someone who is pure of heart because of his past misdeeds.

But they're different tasks. Anna's is clearly to get the hat in the first place from the apprentice. In the present, Rumple already has the hat, what the next step is we don't know.

Or he could be using them because they're non-magical people that are tied to magical people, Elsa and Emma.

Also looking at the photos I just realized Anna/Kristoff are in Arendelle in Kristoff's barn, so Rumple goes to Arendelle to chase after the hat?

When did Storybrooke get a cozy Italian restaurant? I thought Granny's was the only game in town. 

Probably the same time Storybrooke got an ice cream parlor, a meat shop, and a seaside mansion.

• Love 9

I'm still really hoping that the suit is somehow related to the potential girlfriend that was mentioned for Henry ages ago.  Although if he goes to Rumple for dating advice (or listens to Rumple's dating advice) instead Charming, I do not know what I will do.

Wasn't the 'Henry gets a girlfriend' speculation on the journalist's part? I think it was based on a casting call for episode 5, the Emma flashback episode, and could actually have something to do with that.

*First of all, I'm brand new here, so if I do something wrong or stupid please tell me (I'm not very technologically adept)*

Also, i am horrible at explaining things so...yeah.

I like Hook's shirt; I don't care if it looks a little ridiculous. It looks like the kind of shirt that doesn't photograph well but looks much better on film. I don't think the flowery blobs will be as pronounced (? Don't know if i used that word correctly) on screen. I'm excited about the charming family scenes too! It frustrates me just a little to see that Killy has seemingly drunk some of the storybrooke kool-aid, but I'll give him a pass, because he's one of the few that have managed to avoid making a lot of stupid decisions ( it was bound to happen eventually).

Killy's probably feeling insecure about his hand too. Glad to finally see Snow not holding onto the baby for at least a moment.

*First of all, I'm brand new here, so if I do something wrong or stupid please tell me (I'm not very technologically adept)*

Also, i am horrible at explaining things so...yeah.

I like Hook's shirt; I don't care if it looks a little ridiculous. It looks like the kind of shirt that doesn't photograph well but looks much better on film. I don't think the flowery blobs will be as pronounced (? Don't know if i used that word correctly) on screen. I'm excited about the charming family scenes too! It frustrates me just a little to see that Killy has seemingly drunk some of the storybrooke kool-aid, but I'll give him a pass, because he's one of the few that have managed to avoid making a lot of stupid decisions ( it was bound to happen eventually).

Killy's probably feeling insecure about his hand too. Glad to finally see Snow not holding onto the baby for at least a moment.

Welcome!  I tend to think we won't even see that shirt beyond the collar.  Hook seems to always be wearing a jacket.  They may have chosen the shirt for the dark purple background color.

I like that he's trying to adjust to life in Storybrooke and that the date seems to be the impetus for it.  Now that Emma's accepted him he can work on accepting Storybrooke as his home.

I really appreciate that Snow puts the baby down to take a picture of Emma and that she and Charming wait up for Emma to return.  I think it will hopefully be a sweet moment.

I believe they've said Episode 5 parallels Emma/Regina and tries to show some sort of relationship between them (excuse me while I throw up), but JMo said that it wasn't like Emma & Regina talked about anything. They aren't suddenly going to become BFFs. I was wondering if maybe the Snow Queen plays some sort of similar role to teenage Emma as Rumpel did for Regina. But where Regina went down one path, Emma made a different choice and took off on her own. Given Abby Ross is in the flashbacks, it's got to be something with teenage Emma. Plus, Baby Emma stories would be hard because it wouldn't be plausible that she remembers any of it.

Welcome!  I tend to think we won't even see that shirt beyond the collar.  Hook seems to always be wearing a jacket.  They may have chosen the shirt for the dark purple background color.

I like that he's trying to adjust to life in Storybrooke and that the date seems to be the impetus for it.  Now that Emma's accepted him he can work on accepting Storybrooke as his home.

I really appreciate that Snow puts the baby down to take a picture of Emma and that she and Charming wait up for Emma to return.  I think it will hopefully be a sweet moment.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm super excited for the new episode, and can't wait to discuss it!

• Love 1

Also looking at the photos I just realized Anna/Kristoff are in Arendelle in Kristoff's barn, so Rumple goes to Arendelle to chase after the hat?

I was wondering about that also. If he tasked Anna with getting the hatbox for him (probably in return for helping her with Elsa) then why would she take the box and return to Arendelle?

Watching the episode 4 promo again, Rumple says his line "The only way to escape your fate..." in a room with straw on the floor. The diamond-pane windows and stone brick walls are also suggestive of Arendelle Castle. It looks like they do go to Arendelle. Perhaps this is when Elsa gets urned?

Maybe Anna, instead of bringing the magic hat back to Rumple, takes it to Arendelle in hopes of removing Elsa's magic. It could be she doesn't know that it not only takes the magic but the whole person too. So Rumple chases after her to get her to fulfill her deal, then the whole "kill me to escape your fate" thing happens in the barn. Sounds like he's just messing with her since she can't kill him with a sword.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
Maybe Anna, instead of bringing the magic hat back to Rumple, takes it to Arendelle in hopes of removing Elsa's magic.

Or maybe Anna realizes it's significance and the harm it can do in Rumple's hands, so she runs back to Arendelle with it. Maybe she'd rather protect the world than remove magic from her sister. She gives the box (it actually kind of looks like the buckets the Apprentice uses to carry the water in the Mickey film) to Kristoff and he successfully hides it (probably with the trolls).

Rumple doesn't tolerate his deals being broken, so he goes after Anna and does something to her.

Can Anna even open the box without the dagger?

Or maybe Anna realizes it's significance and the harm it can do in Rumple's hands, so she runs back to Arendelle with it.

I don't know. If she was trying to protect it, I kind of doubt she'd be holding it out in the open when she goes to see Kristoff. I bet whatever she has it for has to do with Elsa.

Can Anna even open the box without the dagger?

Maybe she thinks the trolls can use it?

It looks like Rumple actually has his dagger when he's goading Anna into killing him, when she has that sword trained on him.  I guess he wants to take the box back and open it right away.  He is clearly unsuccessful since that thing ends up in the mansion they were trespassing all over.

I hope the owner changes the bed sheets and airs the whole place out (so much grossness!)

http://the-lady-swan.tumblr.com/post/100101786660/we-are-currently-sitting-in-a-parking-lot-on

We are currently sitting in a parking lot on location and we are seriously 5 feet away from the trailers and the cast. Almost every single cast member has walked past my car to go film/do run throughs. We have seen Colin, Jen, Ginny, Josh, Raphael, Jared, Michael Socha, Scott Michael Foster and Elizabeth Lail. (Picture of Jared above) They literally were 2 feet from my car, all of them. We are seriously blocked in and I can’t even leave hahaha. We also saw the Any Given Sundae truck pull in and lots of special effects equipment. There is some serious stuff going down right now. Word is Lana and the Merry men will be here too. They are all eating lunch right now. Will post more news when we have it!

"You know how to chase a monster. *I* know how to plan an evening out."

Really, player? I thought you just spent 200+ years unceasingly trying to avenge your lost love. And plying wenches with cheap rum. :-)

Edited by Amerilla

Given Abby Ross is in the flashbacks, it's got to be something with teenage Emma.

Was she the one who played teen Emma in S3 finale? It's confirmed that she'll play the flashbacks? I thought the DQ came to LWM in the 80s which would make Emma like 5 years old? I don't think that actress can pull off anything less than a teen. It'll be strange to see the DQ hanging out in the real world until she found teen Emma. Or maybe they'll do multiple flashbacks from different eras? I can see them showing the teen flashback first where they had their fallout and DQ seems evil and then their oh so shocking twist with the older flashback where we get the sob story for DQ and how she actually cared for Emma.

I hate these big magical showdowns. They're super lame and all that happens is the magical people wave their hands around and the non magical people stand around looking like idiots. The end. I know it's network tv and they don't have the budget for a real drawn out fight with super cool CGI and choreography like a film would or even something on cable but seriously the "fights" are no better than the stuff on Bewitched from the 70s.

Was she the one who played teen Emma in S3 finale? It's confirmed that she'll play the flashbacks? I thought the DQ came to LWM in the 80s which would make Emma like 5 years old? I don't think that actress can pull off anything less than a teen.

Well, it could be that the flashbacks with Emma occur later. Snow Queen comes in the 80s, then we show her with teen Emma in the 90s.