Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, oncebluethrone said:

"This is the special Musical Episode of Once Upon A Time. Its's Emma and Hook's big day but what happens when Emma starts too get worried about being a good wife, so will she try to pull out of the wedding last minute?"

Yikes - that sounds terrible! I'd like to think it's something a fan posted based on the multiple typos and grammatical mistakes, but given the typos in the last couple official press releases, I guess we can't count on that. Still, that doesn't sound like what A&E were describing for this episode and wouldn't explain why Regina, Hook, etc. are singing in EF flashbacks.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Honestly, the way Emma has been written in S6, cold feet is to be expected. She is 1000% committed to Killian, except when she isn't. 

Snerk. The writers would definitely think it adds more "drama" for Emma to have cold-feet before her wedding. But It might only make her look flaky. 

Edited by Rumsy4
23 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Snerk. The writers would definitely think it adds more "drama" for Emma to have cold-feet before her wedding. But It might only make her look flaky. 

..and has the added benefit of giving the SQ faction (who stay unspoiled) hope that she'll suddenly realise she truly loves Regina....

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

She already does look flaky, which is part of the problem. The Emma as of late has been maddeningly wishy-washy, which was not a trait that she carried in earlier seasons. 

8 hours ago, PixiePaws1 said:

..and has the added benefit of giving the SQ faction (who stay unspoiled) hope that she'll suddenly realise she truly loves Regina....

Which she totally does, she just won't realize it until after the series ends. ;)

• Love 1

I wonder what happens to change Emma's mind about getting married before the BF is defeated. And I definitely think Henry's experiments with the author pen is what ends up making everyone break out into songs. 

Guilt over celebrating? Fear of vulnerability? I really think they probably should have waited until the BF was defeated, much like David suggested, but if they decide to go ahead with it, then just do it. Stop acting like a thirteen year old and push forward, full throttle.

16 hours ago, oncebluethrone said:

I was looking on the IMDB page for 6x20 and an episode description is already up:

"This is the special Musical Episode of Once Upon A Time. Its's Emma and Hook's big day but what happens when Emma starts too get worried about being a good wife, so will she try to pull out of the wedding last minute?"

I don't know if this is accurate or not, but Emma getting cold feet doesn't sound like something she would do in my opinion.

I wouldn't count on it being accurate. Anyone can edit IMDB. Remember when it inaccurately listed the actress who played Anastasia's mother in Once-Wonderland as appearing as Lady Tremaine in Season 6's "The Other Shoe"?

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Love 1

“The Black Fairy” – In flashback, after Rumple’s mother, Fiona, learns from his fairy godmother that his destiny is prophesied, she does everything in her power to keep it from happening. Ultimately, Fiona will have to make a decision that will change the course of both their lives forever.

I know others have (snarkily) speculated about it, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder if Blue and Black (heh - there should be a good 'what's black and blue all over?' joke right here) aren't two sides of the same person - that is Fiona Jekyll-Juiced herself and split and then Blue, the 'good side', banished Black, the 'bad side' to the Dark Realm.  It would make sense and fit with all the EQ split stuff earlier this season.  (But then again, I am talking about A&E here, and 'making sense' isn't their forte.)  

1 hour ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I know others have (snarkily) speculated about it, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder if Blue and Black (heh - there should be a good 'what's black and blue all over?' joke right here) aren't two sides of the same person - that is Fiona Jekyll-Juiced herself and split and then Blue, the 'good side', banished Black, the 'bad side' to the Dark Realm.  It would make sense and fit with all the EQ split stuff earlier this season.  

That would be a pretty big retcon, since Baelfire's friend in 1x19 said that the Blue Fairy was one of the oldest magical beings in existence.

5 minutes ago, Inquirer said:

That would be a pretty big retcon, since Baelfire's friend in 1x19 said that the Blue Fairy was one of the oldest magical beings in existence.

And Black is apparently now the source of all evil.  Considering how they also retconned Bae this year, I don't see the problem with it.  Lol.  Even so, it could still work - where do you think Dr. Jekyll got the formula?  ;)

• Love 1

It's nice to see Emma and Rumple interacting again, but please - enough with Rumple's traumatic childhood. And we've got the writers recycling dialogue from Neal. ("talking donuts") Emma was annoyingly chatty.

As for the script tease, we get it. Rumple is a defensive bully who doesn't want anyone talking about his personal issues. That angle lost its nuance a loooong time ago. Everyone should know how pathetic he is by now. It's no secret any more. Also, Rumple would be a new brand of stupid if he killed Emma for that.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
On 4/26/2017 at 5:36 PM, oncebluethrone said:

I was looking on the IMDB page for 6x20 and an episode description is already up:

I don't know if this is accurate or not, but Emma getting cold feet doesn't sound like something she would do in my opinion.

Pretty sure that is fake. IMDB much like Wikipedia can be edited by anyone.

18 hours ago, PixiePaws1 said:

Not even the most delusional of SQ shippers believe the wedding is not happening. We've all seen the finale pics. We know the wedding goes through.

Edited by cappoe
  • Love 1

I find it very unlikely that IMDB would have an episode description where the cable guide, Zap2It (or whatever it's called this week), and any other listings don't have anything yet because the official episode press release hasn't gone out yet. So I would guess that this is a user-submitted description.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Camera One said:

If only Colin is in Season 7, then maybe The Black Fairy kills everyone in the season finale, but Hook escapes on The Jolly Roger.  I love how this show is all about hope!

And rekindles his love with Tiger Lily Moana.

• Love 1

So Rumple just slapped Gideon with an anti-magic brace, huh? (You know, the kind you could only get from Pan until 4B started throwing them around willy nilly.) Neutralizing magical baddies can be easy when the writers want it to be.

I'm starting to think the Blue Fairy is going to have very little involvement in the BF's backstory. Tiger Lily will have the actual relationship with Fiona, but Shady will just pop in at the end to do plot things. It seems her only purpose is to be the woman who knows too much... except when she totally doesn't.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

So Rumple just slapped Gideon with an anti-magic brace, huh? (You know, the kind you could only get from Pan until 4B started throwing them around willy nilly.) Neutralizing magical baddies can be easy when the writers want it to be.

I popped in here to say the exact same thing.  Boy, those anti-magic cuffs sure come in handy, huh?  They seem pretty easy to whip up - except when they're not.  Makes you wonder why Rumple didn't slap one on Gidiot when he first came to town - you know, to 'save his son' etc.  In fact, why didn't he slap one on mummy dearest when she came to see him in his shop?  Then they wouldn't have to worry about either one or this "final battle".  Honestly, in that town, Emma and David should carry those things around more than regular handcuffs.

• Love 5

So David and Hook can just whip up a potion that would tell them where his father's coin has last been, but no one can come up with a spell or potion to find the other half of the wand from Tiger Lily? Ok, cool cool cool.

• Love 5

"The center of Storybrooke"?

Granny: "I found this in the garbage disposal at the diner. It's been stuck in there forever."
Emma: "Granny! That's the piece of the wand we need to banish the Black Fairy!"
Hook: "Wait. The center of Storybrooke is in the back of Granny's diner?"
Granny: "I'm glad I could say my one line for the episode... oops! I've said too much."

• Love 6

Nimue had it. That's really why Merlin said they needed to find her.

They really don't care what they've introduced until they need it, and they ignore it when they don't want to use it.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

In fact, why didn't he slap one on mummy dearest when she came to see him in his shop?

She's probably too powerful, but it would be nice to hear it acknowledged.

It annoyed me so much when the Sheriff somehow had them in the Wish Realm, despite their being Pan's anti-magic modification to Cora's beanstalking-climbing braces.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
3 minutes ago, oncebluethrone said:

Maybe the center of Storybrooke is the clock tower.

That's also where Rumple hid his dagger. What's with putting magical objects in there, anyway?

Edited by KingOfHearts

The Clock is the Heart of Storybrooke.  I don't want to ruin things but Henry will realize it during date night with Violet at Granny's when their new couple song "Time (Clock of the Heart)" is played on the jukebox.  It's the anthem to The Final Battle.

I just watched the Sneak Peek.  I was so excited to see a scene of friendship between Snow and Blue.  Finally, they show they actually care about one another!  And then... well, you know the rest.  Story of this show.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

Yay, I've been dying to see Nimue again.  I'm so glad they're bringing back all our favorites before the potential series finale.  Is there still time to do a flashback about Belle's mom?  They should really capitalize on the success of the remake.  Maybe Belle's mom made The Dark Curse by accident after reading one of her books?  Oooh, the recipe was actually inside Her Handsome Hero!  And Belle's real father is Lefou.  So many potential stories, so little time!

• Love 1

Tweets from Traveling Hook @cs_fanart who has been attending con panels today (yesterday.)

Lana says the cast does a musical number together and one song is a song off battle

Regina has the only rock song in the musical episode

Karen (David) says she can't wait to see Colin's jig in the musical episode

There were sweet scenes between between Henry and David and Henry and hook talking about Henry growing up and girls that were cut.

• Love 1

They would cut such a nice scene like that. Can't have normal scenes where a family bonds over life and growing up. No sir we must plot it in your head because character development is irrelevant.

• Love 9

Simply said: We learn in flashbacks that Snow White, when pregnant with Emma, inadvertently cast a spell that makes highly emotional people only able to express themselves through song. That allows for musical numbers both in the Enchanted Forest of yesteryear as well in present-day Storybrooke, when the spell resurfaces.

This is what's "flowing" from the shows mythology? It's as random as you can get. In Buffy, the characters were singing about what was going on with them at the moment. Yes, there will be some Storybrooke stuff that will be relevant, but the flashbacks will be rehashes we've seen a million times already... in song!

Hook met the Charmings while they were pregnant with Emma?!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mjgchick said:

They would cut such a nice scene like that. Can't have normal scenes where a family bonds over life and growing up. No sir we must plot it in your head because character development is irrelevant.

Well, of course they had to cut that scene - otherwise there wouldn't have been time for the Evil Queen (who's already gotten her happy ending, right?  So how exactly is she still relevant to the present story?) to be a rock star!  And I'm sure you would have been disappointed to miss that!  Sacrifices must be made.  

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Simply said: We learn in flashbacks that Snow White, when pregnant with Emma, inadvertently cast a spell that makes highly emotional people only able to express themselves through song.

I guess Emma hasn't been highly emotional enough with the shaky hands to burst out in song previously.  In fact, there's proof right there that she and Hook never really had an argument, since they weren't emotional enough to sing it out.  

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Hook met the Charmings while they were pregnant with Emma?!

But as I recall, Snow didn't recognize him when they ran into him in 2A and he was posing as a blacksmith who'd been injured by the ogres and who'd barely survived Cora's massacre. She may not have trusted him right away, but she also didn't say, "Hey, aren't you that pirate, Captain Hook, who has a nice tenor voice and a way with a song?"

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

We learn in flashbacks that Snow White, when pregnant with Emma, inadvertently cast a spell that makes highly emotional people only able to express themselves through song. That allows for musical numbers both in the Enchanted Forest of yesteryear as well in present-day Storybrooke, when the spell resurfaces.

I thought this was a joke at first...because what's the reason for no one breaking out into song during all the other numerous highly emotional times throughout the years? Why is it suddenly in these exact scenarios when the spell works, but not when Emma was highly emotional about being the Dark One, or when Snow and Charming were highly emotional about losing Snowflake, or when Regina was highly emotional about everything, etc.?

But as I recall, Snow didn't recognize him when they ran into him in 2A and he was posing as a blacksmith who'd been injured by the ogres and who'd barely survived Cora's massacre. She may not have trusted him right away, but she also didn't say, "Hey, aren't you that pirate, Captain Hook, who has a nice tenor voice and a way with a song?"

Snow is like Doofenshmirtz and can only recognize Hook when she sees the hook. Without the hook? Totally unrecognizable. But when she pulls the hook out of his satchel in Season 2, that's when she has her light bulb moment.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 6

I am guessing the original sing while emotional spell was broken back in the enchanted forest and is some how cast again in the musical episode.  The reason people have not been singing the last 6 years is not because they have not been emotional, but because the spell was not active.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Curio said:

Snow is like Doofenshmirtz and can only recognize Hook when she sees the hook. Without the hook? Totally unrecognizable. But when she pulls the hook out of his satchel in Season 2, that's when she has her light bulb moment.

You know, if that's the way they see Hook, it explains why there's so little variation in his clothes, to the point that it's a costume rather than a wardrobe, and why they haven't used the zillion possible ways in the story to get his hand back. They really think that we won't recognize him as Captain Hook if he doesn't have a hook and isn't wearing either black leather or some other coat in the same shape as one of his black leather coats. Put him in other clothes and give him a hand and we'll be like, "Who is this guy? Where did he come from? Where did Hook go?"

• Love 6

Put him in other clothes and give him a hand and we'll be like, "Who is this guy? Where did he come from? Where did Hook go?"

The writers think the audience is this dumb.

That explanation is sooo dumb. Just make it meta, and don't explain it in-show!

Or send them to Musical Land where they can only sing in song. Anything would be better than a spell getting memory tea'd itself, then remembering its own existence right before a wedding.

It really undermines the time travel adventure. They were so worried that briefly seeing a face would cause the timeline to collapse, but apparently Snow forgot Hook anyway. I can buy he was too drunk to remember them, but not the other way around. 6B is quickly becoming the "retcon arc". It's stealing the title from 4B.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Curio said:

Snow is like Doofenshmirtz and can only recognize Hook when she sees the hook.

The funny thing is that in 3x21 she saw a pirate with a hook on the Jolly Roger, but doesn't seem to have ever made the connection between him and Hook. I know his face was hidden, but come on.

I still wonder why Emma & Hook decide to move forward with the wedding in 6x20 when in the last episode they had decided to postpone it. I saw someone speculate that the singing spell in the past was some type of protection spell for Emma. The EQ couldn't hurt her while they were singing sweet songs and thinking happy thoughts. Maybe they feel the same thing here that a happy event like a wedding could help protect Emma from the BF?

Based on the Sneak Peek...

PRESENT DAY - UNDERGROUND MINES

BLACK FAIRY: Dearest Blue.  So helpless.  You'll be out of your misery soon enough
BLUE FAIRY: It doesn't have to be this way.  You gave up Rumple because
BLACK FAIRY: Oh no you don't.  We have to talk around the issue for 30 minutes while my flashbacks play.

FLASHBACK - FAIRY TRAINING CAMP

TIGER LILY: Oh Fiona, you are the happiest person I know.  I love your brightly colored dress.
FIONA: You know I can't stand the color black.  It's so depressing.  I want to be happy all the time.
BLUE FAIRY: Who stole the cookie out of the cookie jar!!!!

PRESENT-DAY STORYBROOKE

REGINA: The Center of Storybrooke... where would that be?
EMMA: I think I know.  The Center of this town, the center of all our lives, the reason why we're all here together... it's you Regina.  The Center of Storybrooke is you.  Only you can wield the broken wand.  You will lead us into The Final Battle.
SNOW: The Final Battle.
CHARMING: The Final Battle.
HENRY: The Final Battle.
ZELENA: The Final Battle.
BELLE: The Final Battle.
RUMPLE: The Final Battle.
GRANNY: Or maybe the Center of Storybrooke is under the library?  We only have so many sets in this town.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Camera One said:

REGINA: The Center of Storybrooke... where would that be?

EMMA: I think I know.  The Center of this town, the center of all our lives, the reason why we're all here together... it's you Regina.  The Center of Storybrooke is you.  Only you can wield the broken wand.  You will lead us into The Final Battle.
SNOW: The Final Battle.
CHARMING: The Final Battle.
HENRY: The Final Battle.
ZELENA: The Final Battle.
BELLE: The Final Battle.
RUMPLE: The Final Battle.
GRANNY: Or maybe the Center of Storybrooke is under the library?  We only have so many sets in this town.

Does anyone else hear "the final battle" sung to the tune of "spear and magic helmet"?

also, of course Regina is the center of Storybrooke.  That makes perfect sense.

Edited by Selina K
Look at the pictures, too
10 hours ago, CCTC said:

I am guessing the original sing while emotional spell was broken back in the enchanted forest and is some how cast again in the musical episode.  The reason people have not been singing the last 6 years is not because they have not been emotional, but because the spell was not active.

Just read an interesting theory that the singing spell reactivates because magical Emma is highly emotional about getting married and is pregnant. If Snow was preggers when she set it off the 1st time then Emma may also have been infected with the spell...like a dormant virus..

Edited by PixiePaws1
  • Love 1

I'm wondering if some of these songs aren't actually EF flashbacks. Is it possible that Emma's wedding brings up emotions in Snow that could not only induce the singing but also perhaps transforming Granny's into a pub and making people wear their EF outfits? I wonder if that fits into the spoilers about the Charmings at the town line in EF clothes. Maybe this is a bigger set up to the Charmings leaving at the end of the season. 

16 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

That explanation is sooo dumb. Just make it meta, and don't explain it in-show!

The writers don't have enough self awareness for that.

• Love 1