Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I dug the Aladdin thing. The CGI was way less shit than usual. The recast of Jafar was unavoidable, but Oded Fehr is a good replacement. I liked Karen David a lot in Galavant. I don't really know Deniz Akdeniz, even though I'm Australian (I don't think he's been in much), but he looks nice without his shirt on.

I don't mind them bringing in lots of new characters so long as those characters are just bit players with small parts a ala season one. The initial appeal of the original show for me was this nuts town crawling with all sorts of fairytale characters -- guessing who was who and who would show up next -- and that kind of ceased to exist beyond the core cast. The problem is when they try to make every character part of the main plot with long backstories and flashbacks, etc. I'm happy for, say, the Three Musketeers to show up for one episode with a problem, the Nevengers solve their problem, and then we never see from them again. 

If they don't screw it up, this thing about exploring the mythology of Saviors could be interesting. I like Aladdin and how he looks, and hopefully he and Emma can bond and kick ass together.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

I so called Karen David as Jasmine. Resolve....is....weakening!

You weren't the only one.  I remember telling her on Twitter that she'd be perfect as Jasmine, and she responded that it was a possibility because one of the musicians on Galavant also had connections to OUAT.

Since this is the closest we're ever going to get to a Galavant crossover, I'll take it!

• Love 2
(edited)

From the EW Panel Summary.  I was wary about spoilers, but there was literally nothing there.  Nothing excites me at all.  No one asked if there will be more Emma/Charming/Snow?  All we got was there would be more bromance... meh.

Though Regina and Emma’s friendship is strong, the Evil Queen does not currently feel the same way. “These women have grown so much over the years and they’ve become best friends,” Parrilla said.

"Best friends"  Really?  I thought August was Emma's best friend.

Added Morrison: “It’s going to be complicated for Emma to navigate because she wants to believe in Regina and knows that good can win, but she also knows she needs to protect everyone she loves.

So what else is new?  The first part of the description made it sound like The Evil Queen is another entity, so why would there be a problem with believing in Regina?

Snow White’s Heart: It’s in danger again.

Oh good grief.  How many retreads can there possibly be?

Kitsis:" her other half is going to be trying to kill everyone and cause a lot of mischief.”

So now we're calling murder "mischief"?

“She’s acknowledging and realizing that part of that pull is him being a bad guy,” de Ravin said. “She likes that. Even though deep down she sees the good in him… but that darkness, she likes that. She’s struggling with that quite a bit.”

Is this contradiction never-ending or what?  There's "bad guy" and there's psycho murderer. 

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I liked that Jafar said that people take and take and take from the Savior until there's nothing left to give. This is exactly what people have been doing to Emma since she showed up in SB. They've sucked her dry. 

And she's likely already having those tremors in her hands like Aladdin was because we see her kind of freaked out and looking down at her hand. 

So Aladdin, orphan, grew up in the streets is a Savior. Emma, orphan, might as well have grown up in the streets is also a Savior.

And yay for finding out more about Hook's past. Although if it's more like 5x11, no thanks!

Nice catch about the hands! That on-the-nose parallel is right up their alley. That scene was nicely done but it just made me really sad for Emma. Saying saviors can't live happily ever after is just depressing as all hell. But it is true that everybody has been taking & taking from Emma.

Let me guess: Emma will end up having to somehow give up her magic & being the Savior in order to have a happy ending. Then Regina can step in with her new light magic that Emma has taught her & become the new Savior.

I'm sure finding out more about Hook's past will be something we will end up rueing -- much like the Snowing egg-napping retcon plot. I am not looking forward to it because it's TS; TW. From Colin & Josh's roundtable interview, it sounds like it's something really bad that will affect his relationships with "specific people." It sounds like Charming will be one of them. I hope it ends up being more Ursula-level bad than eggnapping bad.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Souris said:

From Colin & Josh's roundtable interview, it sounds like it's something really bad that will affect his relationships with "specific people." It sounds like Charming will be one of them.

I just posted my speculation about this in the Hook thread...

(edited)
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

Is this contradiction never-ending or what?  There's "bad guy" and there's psycho murderer. 

Poor Emilie de Ravin had to say something to explain Belle's weird motivations, right? lol

29 minutes ago, Souris said:

I'm sure finding out more about Hook's past will be something we will end up rueing -- much like the Snowing egg-napping retcon plot. I am not looking forward to it because it's TS; TW. From Colin & Josh's roundtable interview, it sounds like it's something really bad that will affect his relationships with "specific people." It sounds like Charming will be one of them. I hope it ends up being more Ursula-level bad than eggnapping bad.

It's starting to sound more and more like S4. I hope the secret is about Liam 2.0 and not more nonsense. I disliked the patricide and Liam 2.0, but it needs to be resolved at some point...

Edited by Rumsy4
2 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

I h wiope he'se secret is about Liam 2.0  and not more nonsense. I disliked the patricide and Liam 2.0, but it needs to be resolved at some point...

My first theory for this season....

Liam2.0 pops up as  a character with an untold story.....maybe he pops up as the Count of Monte Cristo.....

(on a side note...i see the android version of this forum is still shit and full of bugs....!)

• Love 2
(edited)

The Hook stuff sounds like the relationship it'll effect the most is the one with him and Charming based on the vid with Josh and Colin at the round table. Could Hook be responsible somehow for what happened to Charming's dad? This reveal would basically give tension towards that relationship, but also CS and Snowing.

Edited by Hookian
(edited)

My friend and I were discussing this last night and we think whatever Hook did has to do with Aladdin because he was/maybe still is the Savior back in his land. You know, Hook does something to a Savior only to be in love with a Savior. He probably was a contributing factor to wrecking the man's happy ending because he didn't help him with the Dark One.

The other story that we saw with him was with Ursula, but he turned that around when he gave her voice back and reunited her with her father.

If that's the case and Hook messed with Aladdin somehow, like took Jasmine away from him so that he'd know what it felt like to lose a love, then he might recognize Emma's hands shaking when he sees it.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

My friend and I were discussing this last night and we think whatever Hook did has to do with Aladdin because he was/maybe still is the Savior back in his land. You know, Hook does something to a Savior only to be in love with a Savior. He probably was a contributing factor to wrecking the man's happy ending because he didn't help him with the Dark One.

If that's the case and Hook messed with Aladdin somehow, like took Jasmine away from him so that he'd know what it felt like to lose a love, then he might recognize Emma's hands shaking when he sees it.

I like this theory. It makes it more personal for Emma and Hook--something they have to work through as an established TL couple. 

11 hours ago, Souris said:

Saying saviors can't live happily ever after is just depressing as all hell.

Gee, and I thought it was villains who didn't get happy endings. So, is everyone going to rally around Emma to try to change the laws of the universe so she can get a happy ending?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

Gee, and I thought it was villains who didn't get happy endings. So, is everyone going to rally around Emma to try to change the laws of the universe so she can get a happy ending?

It seems the laws to be a Savior are something like you have to be an orphan, suffered a lot in your life, and then every succubus around comes at you with a favor and because you're good hearted, you do it.

I wonder if the shaking that we see with Aladdin, and whatever is happening with Emma in 6x01 doesn't have something to do with the price of magic. Because imagine that! Only good people tend to pay that price.

• Love 2
(edited)

So what will be the conclusion of the Savior arc?  That Emma and Aladdin need to enjoy the moments? (covered in 3A)  That they cannot give up their powers, that they have a responsibility, since things will get worse without them? (covered in 4A)  That their friends and family will be with them, and together, we can conquer anything?  Aladdin, Jasmine, Emma, Hook, Snow, Charming, Regina, Zelena, Henry and everyone from The Land of Untold Stories will all hold hands, and sing "We Are Family" in the Season 6 finale?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
(edited)

Good point.  Half a heart is not very satisfying.

We're going back to small-town life, so maybe Snow will hide her heart amongst all the Valentines given out in her classroom, and The Evil Queen will be stumped which is actually her heart.  In the past, Pip from "Great Expectations" metaphorically gave Snow his heart, but she stomped on it since he was poor.  

Edited by Camera One
(edited)
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

kinda sounds like EQ is going to try and turn Zelena to her side. Which comes as no shock.

Then EQ will betray Zelena and Regina will come break her sister's fall, showing you can't trust villains.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

The EQ will be wheeling and dealing with Zelena, Rumple, Hyde, Jafar and maybe even Hook if she knows his dirty little secret.  These secret talks and rendez-vous will happen in the forest.  Meanwhile, Emma, Charming, Regina, and the Sheriff department will be running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to find the EQ and then trying to put out all her mischievous fires.  Emma and Regina will also try out a few protection spells which will be useless.  There will be a few stand-offs where The Evil Queen has Snow or Hook or Henry at death's door, but who wants to take another trip to Underbrooke, right?  

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/23/2016 at 8:29 PM, Curio said:

I'm actually really excited about the potential they're setting up with this Aladdin/Jafar plot. If this means Emma gets some real focus and they world-build her job as the Savior, then bring it on. I'll need something to distract me from the monotonous Evil Queen stuff.

On 7/23/2016 at 8:39 PM, Rumsy4 said:

I'll be honest. I came here today mainly for the joy of making fun of the panel with you guys. The Aladdin sneak peek was definitely more promising than the S6 teaser trailer, which was just a regurgitation of much EQ nonsense. I can sort of disinterestedly see the Aladdin/Jafar plot to be interesting. But I've been burned so many times by unresolved plots and A&E's failure to make logical connections between charatcers and storylines, and this panel has done nothing to convince me otherwise. 

It's the same every summer and winter break, isn't it? The stories and characters, new as well as the old ones, seems to have potential, yes, alright, but what do they in fact make of it then? I've seen so much more interesting and more elaborated ideas coming up in speculations and discussions by fans over the upcoming seasons and episode than have been told on screen. It's sometimes like this board and some other places are what the writer's room should be.

They end the season with Jykell and Hyde but now this trailer with Aladdin and Jafar is teasing something utterly different. I get it, just some Steampunk in Storybrook would be boring, not enough things and known characters there for the wild mashup popculture story book ride.Such a wild ride can be fun (if well written, ehm), but shouldn't expect anything different. That in the final they talked of all the forgotten stories might be still the theme for the season. So no elaborate Aladdin arc there, not much of Jafar , a bit of a hat tip maybe to the Disney movie through props and scenes, doubt there will be much of Wonderland connection either, the savior talk more of a keyword reference than creating actual context.

But it's great how some of you still don't give up hoping this show would turn to the better. It's a show about hope, isn't it ;-)

Funny, hadn't had the time to indulge as much in SDCC geekiness this weekend, only just dipped my toes into social media, and one of the first things I saw was talk about Jafar recast and that it might have to do with Naveen being busy with a different show, with Sense8 (which is filming at the moment, and doing so on quite a world tour, just seen pictures of him being in Amsterdam). Following Sense8 news not OUaT anymore, but was curious to see how you discuss that news about Jafar and Aladdin now coming to the show. Guess some things don't change.

Edited by myril
  • Love 2
(edited)

That's terrific, amazing.  It's gonna to be the best.

They're going to build a magical wall around Storybrooke and make the villains pay for it.

The Savior mythology sounds like a desperate attempt to keep Emma's Savior status relevant, imo. I always thought that title was coined by Rumple since she was the one to literally save everyone from the curse.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Why would Eddy use the word "again"?  Was it not great last year?

See--these new arrivals in Storybrooke with their Untold Stories have made Storybrooke less great. Once Emma brings all these people their HE, they can kick them out of Storybrooke, and make it great again. After that, the S7 villain will build a magical wall around town so nobody else can get inside. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Okay, now I'm terrified.

If they make it great like someone plans on making America great again, we are ALL screwed. They already have a magical wall around the town. If they don't, I'm sure someone will build one.

Edited by YaddaYadda
(edited)
13 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

The Savior mythology sounds like a desperate attempt to keep Emma's Savior status relevant, imo. I always thought that title was coined by Rumple since she was the one to literally save everyone from the curse.

Yes.  It makes no sense why there would even be a mythology behind The Savior.  There has never been any indications that there were previous Saviors.  In fact, it made no sense why Emma and others continued to refer to her as The Savior.  The term took on different meanings in different places.  Like in Camelot, Emma was also The Savior.  Because she was destined to save Merlin?  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

They're going to build a magical wall around Storybrooke and make the villains pay for it.

The sad thing is they've already done a "build a wall around Storybrooke" plot with Elsa. Except Trump would make the heroes pay for it.

5 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

The Savior mythology sounds like a desperate attempt to keep Emma's Savior status relevant, imo.

It seems like they went, "Crap, we really like writing for Regina and she's taking over as the main character. She's just so much more interesting than boring, heroic Emma. How can we make Emma relevant again? Oh, let's beef up her Savior status and make multiple Saviors!" But honestly, I'm glad they're giving her something. I've always wanted to see Emma become the big superhero of the OUAT universe, and if that means making the Savior some lineage thing, then so be it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe we'll get a storyline where Henry becomes a ghostwriter and accidentally plagiarizes someone else's story too.

Yeah, if they are going to give Emma *something*, I'd rather it be this than more love drama.  I prefer seeing Emma grow and develop as an individual.  Well, I'd also like to see her bond with Snow and Charming, but we're more likely to visit Hell than see that.  Hmm... wait a minute.

Their idea of making Snow relevant is to have The Evil Queen go after her, so the Emma/Savior problem at least provides a bit more emotional depth.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

Why would Eddy use the word "again"?  Was it not great last year?

It was before all those Land of Untold Stories people immigrated and took their jobs! 

• Love 3

My theory about the secret Hook's been harboring that will rock specific relationships -- what if he killed the king who sent him & Liam to Neverland? As rulers, Snow & Charming would take a very dim view of regicide. (At least in this instance; it's no biggie that Regina conspired to have Snow's dad killed.)

4 minutes ago, Souris said:

My theory about the secret Hook's been harboring that will rock specific relationships -- what if he killed the king who sent him & Liam to Neverland? As rulers, Snow & Charming would take a very dim view of regicide. (At least in this instance; it's no biggie that Regina conspired to have Snow's dad killed.)

Or worse, sunk the ship the entire royal family was sailing on. 

• Love 1

Seems like a lot less roundtable videos this year? Or maybe just less uploaded so far. One of the reporters should've done "two lies and a truth" -- they usually manage to squeeze some unsanctioned spoilers out that way.

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Souris said:

I think their experiences with Regina and King George would keep them from looking down at that too much. They were rebels intent to kill at one point too.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I think their experiences with Regina and King George would keep them from looking down at that too much. They were rebels intent to kill at one point too.

You're expecting writing consistency? ?

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Curio said:

Oh god, they're going to make Hook the one who convinced Charming's father to get really drunk that final night, aren't they? Charming will catch Hook really drunk one night in Storybrooke, open up about how his father died, and Hook will make the connection that he knew the man who fell in the ravine—AKA Charming's father. And Hook's secret they're alluding to is that he's the one who nudged a few shots over his way and witnessed him falling into the ravine. (I can't see them going so far as making Hook deliberately kill him or push him in, so I'd imagine it would be the two of them drunkenly wandering home, and Hook not being able to stop Charming's father from getting too close to the ledge, but he'd still feel guilty about it.) So not only would Hook be kind of responsible for Charming growing up without a father, he's also responsible for making Liam 2.0 fatherless, and (according to Rumple) the reason Bae grew up without a mother. If they actually go this route, no wonder Hook would be terrified of getting too fatherly with Henry. Maybe there was a reason they showed the flashback of Killian getting really drunk on Silver's ship because they were setting it up for this Season 6 plot? 

I'm taking this from the Hook thread, since it somewhat involves a spoiler.  

If they do this, I suspect they might steal what happened with Jack and Sawyer in Season 1 of "Lost".  They will have Hook tell Charming his drunk father's final words, and knowing that will make Charming "forgive" him for whatever.   Sorry Charming your dad didn't make the cut to have unfinished business in 5B... you and he are not important enough.

(edited)

I still have almost zero anticipation for S6. It's sad the Evil Queen is relatively my only point of interest so far. Not even Aladdin is enough to get me hyped. As far as the main characters go, it's nothing new that Emma will be struggling with the Savior title or that Hook did something questionable in the past.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Whatever it is what Hook did, Regina and Rumple have done it too (it's impossible to find something those two haven't done). The difference would be that they were immediately forgiven by both the other characters and the audience while Hook wouldn't. 

• Love 3

Aladdin, Jafar, Jasmine, Jekyll, Hyde, EQ, Count of Monte Cristo, basically, how many characters can we add to the show so we don't have to deal with the characters we currently have?  I think the Aladdin addition must've come from higher up, I can't imagine Jekyll and Hyde were a great sell at the upfronts.  I still don't have much hope for the season, they even went so far as to say the wedding dress in the background of the CS kiss in the finale was a coincidence!  Sure it was, they could've framed that kiss anywhere, but that's where it was shown, with a new dress in the window.  Most of what I see online are either people watching for SwanQueen or Captain Swan.  I'm not watching to see Regina chase Hyde all over Storybrooke.  They need to establish a relationship with Emma and Snow (LIKE SEASON 1) and show Regina finally giving up her Evil Queen ways (LIKE SEASON 2) and give Emma her romantic and happy ending (MARRYING HOOK AND SETTLING WITH HER FAMILY IN STORYBROOKE).  And wave goodbye forever to Rumple and Belle as they go back to rule the Enchanted Forest.

• Love 4

I wonder if what Killian did has to do with Davids father's death.

What if they were just drinking buddies? Maybe Killian got drunk with him the night he died. Perhaps he encouraged him to do it after all the days he didn't.

(edited)
1 hour ago, mjgchick said:

I wonder if what Killian did has to do with Davids father's death.

OMW I put it out there.

Don't worry, it was put out into the world in the Hook thread a few hours ago. You're in the clear.

Speaking of, is there anything more to this spoiler than "Hook is keeping a secret and it might affect people"? If that's all we know, I wonder if that's even spoilery enough for the spoiler thread. I feel like every character keeps a secret at one point or another in a season.

I still have almost zero anticipation for S6. It's sad the Evil Queen is relatively my only point of interest so far. Not even Aladdin is enough to get me hyped.

I'm the exact opposite. Aladdin/Jafar/Jasmine are the only things keeping me remotely interested, and the Evil Queen wants to make me quit watching.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2
(edited)

So how did you guys come to the conclusion that Hook is somehow responsible for David's father death? I know timelines don't mean much, but pretty sure he was in Neverland during that event. I also know he went on cake runs for Pan.

Colin knowing early on that there is a secret and knowing what it is tells me that the writers want him to react in some way whenever that topic of conversation is brought up.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

It also looked kind of like Josh was in on it, because they looked at each other and laughed when it came up. But either it's going to come up much later, or it's not that big a deal because they were also talking about the bromance, and how much bromance could develop in a couple of episodes before some awful secret comes out that ruins it all?

Yeah, I know, we're talking about this show, where one conversation is enough for a True Love's Kiss, but it also requires a certain amount of screen time to show the bromance developing, and unless there's a centric that really focuses on the two of them, it would be hard to set up a big bromance and break it in the three episodes they know about so far.

(edited)

Speaking of, is there anything more to this spoiler than "Hook is keeping a secret and it might affect people"? If that's all we know, I wonder if that's even spoilery enough for the spoiler thread. I feel like every character keeps a secret at one point or another in a season.

I think it is specific enough since that's practically the only thing of significance Colin has said about his role so far.  None of the main actors could have teased that they were keeping a secret in the 5B tease interviews, for example.  Knowing this might make a spoiler free person worry about CS or Hook, which is enough not to ruin it for a potential someone.  Knowing that Snowing had a secret in 4B made me worry, though the worry was certainly justified.

Edited by Camera One
(edited)

Well, Charming is going to find out Zelena is his half-sister and Hook killed his dad. That way the villain can get a pass as "family" and the hero can get the eggnapping treatment.

I'm the exact opposite. Aladdin/Jafar/Jasmine are the only things keeping me remotely interested, and the Evil Queen wants to make me quit watching.

Are people still fascinated by the guest stars/franchises enough to get them to watch? I'm just surprised people aren't watching almost exclusively for the main characters now. So far we've had so little news about them that it's hard for me to feel invested. I know it seems like Regina has the most going on, but I believe it's more about the Evil Queen than whatever her business is. She's not really combating anything new, and nor are the other characters. I actually prefer the S3-4A hiatus because we had Snowflake, Robin/Marian/Regina, Rumpbelle marriage, and CaptainSwan dating to think about. Now it's just a crazy amount of new faces that are forceably being made relevant.

Edited by KingOfHearts