Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Hm isn't this script tease Emma threatening to kill Nimue with Excalibur and Hook telling her that if she does, she'll kill herself as well? Which is likely what he's going to do.

To "cut the darkness away", Emma was going to put her and Hook's darkness in Zelena and then stab her with Excalibur. Is Hook now going to put Emma's darkness in him and then goade Emma into stabbing him with the sword?

And how was/is Nimue planning to "cut away the light"? IIRC, Emma had the most powerful light magic. As she going to stab an un-darkened Emma?

They're talking about the Queen of Hearts flashbacks that tonight will feature with Hook's father in tow.

Ah... Thanks. 

Yes, except he does it after Emma gets de-Darked. How does that happen though?

Hmm... Maybe he uses the Promethean flame to un-tether Emma from the Darkness and put it into Nimue/himself/Gold.

From this article:

Unlike the start of the season — where Dark Emma was at odds with her family — things have definitely turned around by the time we get to the winter finale. In fact, says Morrison, Emma and her family (including Regina) will be united in this winter closer.

"Now she has such a great relationship with her family in the sense that they’re all connected and they’re all there for each other," she says.

LOL! I'm still laughing.

The more I read about the episode, the less excited I am.

• Love 5

Just some reminders; if you have a request (such as a live chat), the way to request that is to PM the moderators in here. You can find us by looking at "Notes from the Mods" topic. Because of the Presidential Address this evening, we won't be doing a live chat.

Second, once again, this is the Spoiler Discussion topic. While past episodes may be relevant to an upcoming episode, rewatches and such have other spots to be discussed in. Let's try to keep the discussion on topic please.

This topic will be locked for the evening once the episode airs, and will reopen Monday morning.

fVh4cWA.jpg?1

• Love 1

I'm getting so antsy waiting for this episode! Here is a prediction game based on spoilers to pass the time. There a no-spoiler version in the Spec thread. Feel free to answer/add more.

Will we see young Liam Jones? 

Yes.

Daddy Jones: why is he alive for so long?

He made a deal with Merlin. 

Will Hook kill his father in the flashback?

Yes.

Regina/Hook flashback: real or not real? 

Real, but Regina wiped his memories after.

How will the climax play out?

Emma stabs Nimue with Excalibur, and that kills all DOs, including Hook. Hook un-tethers Emma from the Darkness with Regina's help just before.

Zelena--dead or no?

RIP. 

The Nevengers go to the UW on purpose to save Hook or becasue they have been Marked?
On purpose.

What happens to Excalibur?

Emma breaks the Sword after Hook dies, and sends the broken half back to Camelot with Guin, while retaining the Dagger, which is non-magical now.

• Love 2

Yes.
He isn't.
Yes, but it won't be real.
Not real. I'm torn about this, but the only reason I'm leaning to not real is because there are just too many characters who aren't the age they should be.
Hook sacrifices himself.
Zelena--dead or no?
Dead.
The Nevengers go to the UW on purpose to save Hook or becasue they have been Marked?
On purpose.
No idea. Maybe it disappears once the darkness is destroyed by Hook's sacrifice.

I'm not actually sure Hook is going to sacrifice himself, but I decided to try for some optimism. There's still a tiny part of me hoping for the long con theory, even though it's looking pretty much impossible at this point.

• Love 1

What if the only reason Emma is not sent to the UW is because of the Ring?

I definitely think Hook will sacrifice himself as well, but I want Emma to be the one to deal the final blow to destroy the Darkness. But I just won't be able to bear it if she stabs Hook. So, I think she will stab Nimue (to parallel Hook killing Merlin). As per Merlin, N is the key. If she is destroyed, all DOs are destroyed or something along those lines. 

• Love 1

Yes.

He's an apparation, but he's immortal and elsewhere (UW).

Yes, but it's not really him.

Real (sadly).

Hook goes bye bye to the UW, due to Nimue somehow.

Zelena--dead or no?

Alive and injured, but dies in the "100th" like Mickey the apprentice did.

The Nevengers go to the UW on purpose to save Hook or because they have been Marked?

Both. They take advantage of the marks. Somehow. Like, the marks don't scrub off immediately because Nimue used Permanent marker instead of washable.

Breaks and is no longer special. Rumple mounts the dagger part over his fireplace at the end of 5b.

I think my answers sound confusing/complicated enough, so I expect to score 100%.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 1

What if the only reason Emma is not sent to the UW is because of the Ring?

I definitely think Hook will sacrifice himself as well, but I want Emma to be the one to deal the final blow to destroy the Darkness. But I just won't be able to bear it if she stabs Hook. So, I think she will stab Nimue (to parallel Hook killing Merlin). As per Merlin, N is the key. If she is destroyed, all DOs are destroyed or something along those lines. 

Maybe the flashback with "Boy" is Liam, and we'll learn that his ring has magical properties that prevents the person who's wearing it from going to the Underworld or prevents them from dying. I agree that it would be a lot more satisfying to see Emma give the final blow to Nimue, so maybe Emma stabs Nimue thinking she's destroying all the Dark Ones, including herself and Hook, and she's willing to make that sacrifice to fix the problem she started. Except before she does that, Hook makes sure she's wearing Liam's ring because he knows she won't die if she wears it, so he's secretly sacrificing himself by not telling Emma that she won't actually die when she stabs Nimue.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

Oooh! This is fun!!!

Yes.

He's an immortal minion of Hades (maybe Charon).

He will intend to kill him, think he killed him, but he won't have killed him (immortal minion of Hades). When he gets to the UW, Daddy will be there, and there will be angst.

Real.

Emma tries to take all the Darkness into herself and have Regina kill her with Excalibur. At the last minute Hook comes to his senses, hijacks the spell somehow, and Regina will stab him with Excalibur at his behest. All the Dark Ones die, including Hook. Emma, no longer a Dark One, figures out there's some sort of loophole (nonsensical, to be sure, but it's this show) that gives Hook a get-out-of-Hades-free card, and all the Nevengers will use their marks to go get him. 

Zelena--dead or no?
No. I think they have a redemption arc planned for her.

Both (see above).

Excalibur dissolves in poof of black smoke as soon as it's used to stab Hook.

And I'm adding one:

Merlin: alive or dead?

Merlin is in the Underworld, and they will meet him there.

No

He isn't.

Yes

Real

Hook sacrifices himself, which is dumb. Why do the DO rules constantly change for plot?

Zelena--dead or no?

Dead.

The Nevengers go to athe UW on purpose to save Hook or becasue they have been Marked?

Both. They are marked and they always save their family in this case Hook

Well, we know it's split in two again because Rumple cuts himself with the dagger. Maybe it splits at the time of the Sacrifice because it's too much power to be contained?

Yes please!
He's Charon
He can't die. He's Charon
Real but covered up by -- surprise surprise -- a forgetting spell
Hook sacrifices himself so all the darkness is gone
Zelena--dead or no?
Alive.
On purpose.
Somehow splits when the darkness is unleashed

But, why come up with an elaborate explanation about why the  Hook and Regina interaction is different than we saw before, when they could just say "Tiny, minor fluctuation after the Emma/Hook/Zelena time travel!  Hahah!  Wait 'til you see what other surprises could be in store!"?

I mean, they've tried to clean up bigger messes on twitter.

Edited by Mari

Doubt it.
Well they say that children shave years off your life. He left his. He's alive because he's the Ferryman.
Probably. But I think he and Regina are in cahoots. Regina probably know more about Hook's past than he knows.
Real, but his memories get messed with.
Hook becomes the vessel for the darkness, and enacts the plans Emma had for Zelena for himself instead.
Zelena--dead or no?
Alive.
The Nevengers go to the UW on purpose to save Hook or because they have been Marked?
Well, when the Dark Ones die, are they unmarked? Maybe that's the purpose of the markings, easy access to the Underworld. I don't think you can just ferry yourselves there for shits and giggles.
We know it gets broken into two.

No - he is so much older than Killian and would remember the details. He's off at boarding naval school or something. Hook is going to be left by himself.

Somehow indebted to Hades. The ring is related to the deal. Another reason not to see Liam or why wouldn't the older child get the ring?

No. He'll just make Regina think he did. If abandoning your child is an executable offence in the EF, half the adults would be dead. The writers are already facing an uphill battle for redeeming Hook as it is - how much harder would fratricide make it? I admit, this is just wishful thinking.

Real

Hook sacrifices himself. At the last minute, Rumple tosses him the sword and he stabs Nimue killing the darkness. Hook gets dragged back to the Underworld to pay the price of something the other - boat fare? I admit this is just wishful thinking. Regina  probably saves the day and Hook goes down like a rabid dog.

Zelena--dead or no?
Alive. She doesn't get to be the martyr of this arc. Plus, Hook saved her life, so I want his sacrifice to mean something.

On purpose. The Mark just gives them the method.

It breaks in two during the climax. 

But, why come up with an elaborate explanation about why the Hook and Regina interaction is different than we saw before, when they could just say "Tiny, minor fluctuation after the Emma/Hook/Zelena time travel! Hahah! Wait 'til you see what other surprises could be in store!"?

I mean, they've tried to clean up bigger messes on twitter.

Honestly, that'd be the best way to go (besides not screwing up in the first place).

• Love 1

From the promo, it looks like Team Underworld replaces Team Storybrooke's jobs. Pan runs the Pawn Shop, Cora is the mayor, etc. It's strange the Blind Witch looks the same, but maybe some keep their EF personas?

Underbrooke doesn't make very much sense. It sounds very jump-the-shark-y.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

If they're all taking their kids' jobs, does that mean Neal was a crossing guard at some point? I kid, I kid.

I could go for schoolteacher (and not oh so horrible) Eva if she makes a reappearance. And Sheriff Ruth, just because. Unless Graham is about, obviously he should get to be sheriff. Actually, maybe only the not heroes are stuck with jobs. I say not heroes because I refuse to call Milah a villain. So maybe Graham just gets to roam the woods all day with the wolves (are there wolves in the afterlife?) or whatever makes him the most happy. Despite being kind of silly (but not too silly for this show) I would like it if, in lieue of a Jaime Dornan return, they showed us a wolf living freely with the assumption that Graham is out being happy in the woods with his wolf family. 

• Love 2

From the promo, it looks like Team Underworld replaces Team Storybrooke's jobs. Pan runs the Pawn Shop, Cora is the mayor, etc. It's strange the Blind Witch looks the same, but maybe some keep their EF personas?

Does this mean Cruella is the Sherriff??? Hahahahaha

• Love 2

Are you kidding me?  It's a great idea that actually has more hopeful for the show again!

What, would you have preferred a traditional Underworld full of bad CGI?

Question...

Zelena has been sent to Oz, so she's not in the UW. But apparently Rebecca told people at the last con she was at that she filmed with both Jen and Colin, so flashbacks?

And it's interesting that the ferry took them right to the cemetery. That's cemetery is in the UW. They leave at night, and it's daylight out.

I'd love it if James is the Sheriff since his niece is one in Storybrook. His twin brother as well plus I want David to meet him.

Peter Pan looking dapper in that suit. I don't know how to feel because he looks good but he's a little shit. lol

Did anyone noticed the tombstone has Killians name on it?

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 3

Are you kidding me?  It's a great idea that actually has more hopeful for the show again!

TS,TW. They're playing with Greek mythology, religion, the afterlife, death, eternal morality, and a concept that isn't very fleshed out. (The Underworld being a modern day city with normal jobs.) I also don't want to see dead characters I love get assassinated like Cora was in 3x18. Judging by the nonsense in the finale, the magic logic is only going to get worse. The whole idea utterly bulldoozes "dead is dead", paves it and builds a strip mall over it. 

I think seeing the dead characters will be fun, but I don't trust the writers with such a large-scale idea.

What, would you have preferred a traditional Underworld full of bad CGI?

No. I don't think A&E were either. Underbrooke is how they're avoiding the lack of Storybrooke problem in 3A. 

Edited by KingOfHearts

I want Emma to meet James. I want Snow to meet James. I want Hook and Henry and Regina to meet James.

But I really, really want David to meet James. 

Zelena has been sent to Oz, so she's not in the UW. But apparently Rebecca told people at the last con she was at that she filmed with both Jen and Colin, so flashbacks?

I think Zelena pretty much has to meet Cora so she will somehow end up in the Underworld. Maybe Regina messed up her tornado portal? Regina was already marked at that point, right? Maybe her mark overrode the directions to send her to Oz. I think Baby Hood is probably going to be named Cora because she will do something relatively good for our heroes in Underbrooke. 

• Love 2

We're going to have to keep a keen eye out for potential guest stars this offseason. There seems to be some serious in-studio filming going on so it will be harder to know exactly what's going on. Plus, they usually don't announce guest stars until closer to air date if they're trying to surprise us so it may be awhile. James would be awesome although I wonder if the actor who played him is available to make an appearance. ;) And really, I'm most excited about Liam showing up. The Original Liam. What are we calling him now? Liam 1.0? Liam Prime? Liam Original Recipe?

• Love 2

Maybe her mark overrode the directions to send her to Oz. I think Baby Hood is probably going to be named Cora because she will do something relatively good for our heroes in Underbrooke. 

I think I might put in a 10, and send A&E a baby names book, because I swear, WTF!

Also, Adam Croasdell said he filmed with EQ, so I don't know if it had to do with this episode, or an upcoming one.

ETA - 

I'm calling last night's Liam, 2.0. 

And Hook and James in the sheriff's station, though I'm thinking he will be spending his time with Hades.

Edited by YaddaYadda

Peter Pan looking dapper in that suit. I don't know how to feel because he looks good but he's a little shit. lol

Did anyone noticed the tombstone has Killians name on it?

I can get behind this! They're in the UW which is supposed to be the place of forever torment if you deserved it ...'Peter Pan'..aka Malcolm never wanted responsibility or to grow up so now he's stuck in a suit and a shop...ha!

I love the idea someone floated that Cora had taken over the UnderBrooke and as Mayor she just might have! Perhaps this is all distorted versions of Cora's ruling her bit of the UW...like prison gangs.

Killian died a hero...but lead a bad life for the majority of it..maybe he's still being judged as to where he belongs or perhaps he has to spend proportional time in Tartarus and gets moved to the UnderBrooke version of the Elysian Fields for a small amount of time...sort of 90% in Tartarus and 10% in the not so bad part of town as a reward for his good deeds. Hades will also likely keep him hidden from Emma while Hades decides the best way to mess with the UnDead ..

Rumple went on and on about how horrible the Underworld is, but it looks okay to me. Sure, it is foggy all the time and apparently rains a lot (they actually had a truck wetting down the streets in Underbrooke during filming - usually Mother Nature takes care of doing that), but so does Vancouver/Seattle/Portland and they have no problem atracting newcomers. Sure, there is a clock-tower in the middle of the street, but who hasn't been plagued by road construction? This is like the Dark Curse taking people to Maine to punish them.

So, either Rumple was just being a DramaDarkOne or perhaps parts of the Underworld aren't so pleasent as Underbrooke. Perhaps, the former Dark Ones get housed in a particularily grim part of the Underworld becauase their power comes from the grails/gods? While Pan and Cora were evil, they don't get off too badly because they were never Dark Ones? They just get drudgery. We haven't seen Hook in Underbrooke, so he does seem to be in another region.

Is it fair that Pan just has to run his son's shop while Hook gets his liver pecked by eagles? Nope, but when has fairness ever entered into things?

Killian died a hero...but lead a bad life for the majority of it..

It will be interesting how the show deals with that. Many a religious war has been launched on these very concepts. I think the show needs to tread very carefully.

That's where I think the "Dark One" clause might work out for them. They can avoid the morals (as they like to do). Of course, that's not very hopeful for Emma or Hook because they were DOs, but perhaps they will convince that old softy Hades to change his ways.

Prediction: Hook will want to stay in the Underworld because he feel he deserves it and because he fears being a villain again. Cue angst.

• Love 2

Also, Adam Croasdell said he filmed with EQ, so I don't know if it had to do with this episode, or an upcoming one.

It must be an upcoming one for sure, based on the pic of him in a suit with burned cars. Is he in Pan's dapper gang?

• Love 1

Colin quote about the aftermath of Hook's death from one of those post-finale interviews:

He’s sticking around, but in a completely different way and quite shocking.

So, what does that mean? We know he's in the Underworld. But what is "completely different way" and what's shocking about it? Memory wipe, as we've been speculating? I'm terrified that he'll somehow be evil in hell, in spite of the way he died as a good man who had ultimately turned away from evil, in spite of being filled with Darkness. I guess him being in some kind of torture would be shocking.

One thing I've been wondering -- since his physical body was in Storybrooke, would his post-death existence have the hook or have two hands? I guess I'm just over the hook. It looks so awkward and unwieldy, and at this point it seems silly for them to keep it around since there are so many ways they could get rid of it, but since they're addicted to the status quo, they seem to be keeping it because of branding because he's got to be Captain Hook even though he now bears absolutely no resemblance to the storybook character.

One thought I had was that his "hell" would be back to working on that ship where he was sold into slavery. That might be why we haven't seen him shooting in Scarybrooke. They do the ship-type stuff on a set with greenscreen.

This seems to confirm Hook is not evil in hell. But yeah, I think he'll be mind-wiped and something like Hades' right hand man. Hades doesn't have to be bad. He can just be someone who doesn't like random people coming to his home and deciding dead is just a suggestion, and who can blame him^

• Love 2

Does this mean Cruella is the Sherriff??? Hahahahaha

I'd love it if James is the Sheriff since his niece is one in Storybrook. His twin brother as well plus I want David to meet him.

I want both of these things so very, very much.  I would even watch the season 4 episode that must not be named again if we could have that happen. I could even (badly.  I'm a terrible liar.) fake liking it.   Maybe we could figure out some sort of ethical bribe for A&E?  

And really, I'm most excited about Liam showing up. The Original Liam. What are we calling him now? Liam 1.0? Liam Prime? Liam Original Recipe?

I think we just call Liam, Liam, and come up with a distinguisher for the DoOver Liam.  I've been going with Liam 2.0 for the new one, but Liamover could work, too, I guess.  Or Reliam?

I wonder if Underbrooke is some sort of villain rehab before they move on to the rest of the afterlife. 

Oh  . . Now I desperately want exvillain after exvillain shaking their heads at Rumple and Regina, and mouthing the Underworld equivalent of a devillaining 12 Step program.  

ETA:

If they're writing in the Rumple/Belle baby, why didn't they leave Henry up in Storybrooke?  They could do a Time-runs-differently thing, and explain why Belle is so very pregnant, and why Henry is a thirteen year old who won't need to be carded before long.

Edited by Mari

Horowitz: It’s not hell. The underworld isn’t hell — it is a place between. It’s the place for people with unfinished business, so it’s not about good or evil.

That's what I was thinking.

Horowitz: It’s going to be a bunch of things. It’s not just about finding Hook, it’s about what happens when Emma and all of our characters enter this realm and have to face things both from their past and present. It will hopefully be an exploration of our characters and how they react to facing things you never thought you were going to face.

Sounds like Neverland's mind games on steroids. 

Kitsis: ... favorite tour guide of the underworld, and her name is Cora.

Is Cora the mayor of the underworld? She was sitting in Regina’s chair, so is it safe to assume there?

Kitsis: That is safe to assume. She definitely has the place — well, she understands the place, yeah.

ROFL. Cora just runs everything wherever she goes.

It’s clear that Rumple and Belle rekindled their relationship. Are you considering writing in Emilie de Ravin’s pregnancy now?

Kitsis: I would say it certainly looked like they re-consummated their marriage, so we’ll just have to wait and see, but I would say you’re definitely on the right clue trail.

Oh no. Please no.

What about Arthur? Is he gone, or will we see him come back?

Kitsis: There’s potential. We know there’s still Arthur and Merida and Guinevere still in Storybrooke, so we may see them a little bit at the end of the year, but not for a while.

And audiences will ask, "Wait... who are those people again?"

Edited by KingOfHearts

Parsing that Hollywood Reporter article linked above, it sounds like the Underworld won't last the entirety of 5B. It sounds like they come back to Storybrooke at around the midpoint, after which they meet back up with Zelena, Mulan and Red. Because I doubt those three end up in the Underworld.

• Love 1

Parsing that Hollywood Reporter article linked above, it sounds like the Underworld won't last the entirety of 5B. It sounds like they come back to Storybrooke at around the midpoint, after which they meet back up with Zelena, Mulan and Red. Because I doubt those three end up in the Underworld.

Agreed. I say maybe up to episode 515 or 516 then they are back.

• Love 1

Will we see Hook’s half brother come into play? He was briefly mentioned when Hook killed his father in flashbacks.

Horowitz: You mean Liam 2? (Laughs.)

Kitsis: I can tell you we will definitely see Liam 1, but whether we see Liam 2 is up in the air.

Ha! Even Adam & Eddie call Liam 2.0 "Liam 2." I think we have to officially stick with Liam 2.0 now. (And keep calling normal Liam "Liam.")

But yay for the return of Liam! I'm surprised the actor hasn't been announced yet. They seem fairly confident he's making a return.

• Love 6
Horowitz: It’s not hell. The underworld isn’t hell — it is a place between. It’s the place for people with unfinished business, so it’s not about good or evil.

LOST Season 6. Flash sideways. Master storytellers, indeed!

Kitsis: I would say it certainly looked like they re-consummated their marriage, so we’ll just have to wait and see, but I would say you’re definitely on the right clue trail.

Gross. 

Kitsis: There’s potential. We know there’s still Arthur and Merida and Guinevere still in Storybrooke, so we may see them a little bit at the end of the year, but not for a while.

What?!

Kitsis: I can tell you we will definitely see Liam 1

Yay!!!!

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

LOST Season 6. Flash sideways. Master storytellers, indeed!

Oh my gosh. That's what it is. That's why it's Storybrooke - it's the "world they created". I'm scared now.

I'm hoping there's no magic in the Underworld. I want Regina and Rumple to be leveled with their victims and this to be about working out emotional issues and using wit. The only one with a supernatural advantage should be Hades or whatever else Greek mythology can muster. I don't think I can bear to see Rumple strutting around all-powerful any more. I'm hoping he dies or gets his powers stripped before they get back.

Nothing like a confirmed Belle pregnancy to make my excitement plummet.

That's just what this show needs. More Neal's, Pistachio's and Liam 2.0's.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3