Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Oh, Colin. Adam and Eddy still have some training to do with you.

As for Hook getting his hand back, I doubt it's that blatant. They'll get around that truth somehow like, "I meant his prosthetic hand that disappeared when Rumple took away Prince Charles's clothes" or perhaps we have a Hook flashback. Oh! That could open up many avenues -- a pre-hook Hook would not only mean he has his hand back but also would explain the wardrobe change. They haven't said it's a Storybrooke-limited wardrobe change did they? So perhaps we do get a Hook flashback when he finds the Anna urn.

I'm not convinced it will happen this way, but if Hook blackmails Rumple into giving him his hand back, then I think it will be a Demon Hand like what happened to Lindsay on Angel. IDK, I just don't see how Hook could blackmail Rumple, because I don't think Belle would believe Hook anyway. She didn't believe him when he told her about Milah.

• Love 3

If Rumple gives Hook his hand back, it would finally complete the revenge arc in a very symbolic way. I agree it's iconic, but I don't really see the reason to keep it besides that. He wears a prosthetic hand a lot already, and his full appearance is well-known on the show, so I don't think it would be a major loss for faithful watchers. New watchers will probably ask where his hook is though.

Hmm, I could also see Henry coming across Hook's hand in his shop-work and making Rumple give it back.

I was already wondering about this before this potential spoiler. If Henry's working in the shop, what is he going to think about some of the stuff he finds there? He likes Hook enough to have trusted him with his book, so I can see him being a bit upset at the thought that Gold's keeping his hand in his shop.

I actually don't have a problem at all with the idea. For one thing, I'm sure it'll make things easier for them logistically, especially since they apparently forget to write the character as having only one hand. For another, it's not like it's a disability he was born with and therefore part of who he is so that restoring the hand would be like undoing the essential makeup of himself. It was something that was done to him, vindictively. I doubt there are too many people who've lost body parts due to accident, war, attack, etc. who if offered the chance to have the natural body part magically restored would refuse on the grounds of some kind of idealistic notion of being differently abled. Rumple was able to restore Whale's arm, and he wasn't even responsible for that. Restoring the hand could end up being more about Rumple than about Hook, about Rumple's redemption or pretense at redemption. If he's trying to hide the fact that Belle doesn't really have the dagger and playing nice so everyone in town will see him as a good guy, and if Henry discovers the hand, and if Belle also finds out about it, I could see that leading to Rumple feeling he has no choice but to restore it. Or there could even be some other reason, like if Hook does get cursed or enchanted, and there's some reason that actually doing magic on him to undo it doesn't work, then they might be able to do the counterspell on the hand, then reattach the hand to undo the spell. Or it could even be the ultimate act of reconciliation if Rumple has become aware of Hook's relationship with Bae and if instead of being jealous he's grateful that Hook looked after him in Neverland, so this is something he does in honor of his son.

• Love 3
I'm not convinced it will happen this way, but if Hook blackmails Rumple into giving him his hand back, then I think it will be a Demon Hand like what happened to Lindsay on Angel

It will probably end up like Peter Pettigrew's hand and strangle him.

Eddie and Adam like to be "clever". While I can see the wardrobe benefits of giving Hook back his hand (plus it allows the writers more freedom),  I can see them thinking it is funny to give Hook back his hand as a paperweight or in a flashback or temporarily and having it all end horrible (see Peter). "We said that we were giving him back his hand".

If Rumple gives Hook his hand back, it would finally complete the revenge arc in a very symbolic way

Yes, it would. It has to be earned, though. If Hook or Henry blackmail the hand back on, it's not earned. If Hook and Rumple reach some kind of special detente (Hook reveals something about Bae that is especially meaningful to Rumple or saves Belle's life or Rumple reaches a point in his redemption that he feels the need to close off that chapter of his life), then it is a nice closure to the arc.

• Love 1

They haven't said it's a Storybrooke-limited wardrobe change did they? So perhaps we do get a Hook flashback when he finds the Anna urn.

Colin said his new wardrobe is "modern."

Colin also said that he's keeping the eyeliner, so they can't go too... "tame"... with the outfit, otherwise the eyeliner will look ridiculous.

I already wrote this theory on Tumblr, but here's a way it could go down that I'd be okay with: Hook blackmails Rumple with the dagger knowledge to get his hand back. Rumple gives him back the hand, but it's "spelled" so it only stays attached as long as he keeps his mouth shut. After getting his hand back, Hook sees Belle and has an attack of conscience and tells her the truth. He loses the hand, but this time he's chosen to give it up.

In this interview, Jennifer says that the "internal obstacle" for Emma is not related to Elsa/Anna and it will be revealed at the end of episode 3.

• Love 1
Eddie and Adam like to be "clever". While I can see the wardrobe benefits of giving Hook back his hand (plus it allows the writers more freedom),  I can see them thinking it is funny to give Hook back his hand as a paperweight or in a flashback or temporarily and having it all end horrible (see Peter). "We said that we were giving him back his hand".

Ha, yeah. I can also see them just making it a dream sequence or something where Hook dreams about having his hand back because he still doesn't think he's worthy of Emma yet.

They all sucked at that game! LOL I think Lana is the only one who didn't save the truth for last. Poor Colin, you could see the gears turning in his head with him trying to find a truth that wouldn't get him yelled at by Adam and Eddy. But yay for more kisses! If he knows about it already, then it probably happens in the first or second episode.

I can't believe they dropped that hook spoiler either, but it's something that most of us have thought would happen eventually. It's possible it might not happen until the very end of the season. I still don't know how I feel about it. He lost his ship, is far from home, and when he gets a change of clothes, the hook will be one of the last, uniquely fairy tale-ish things about him.

I was already wondering about this before this potential spoiler. If Henry's working in the shop, what is he going to think about some of the stuff he finds there? He likes Hook enough to have trusted him with his book, so I can see him being a bit upset at the thought that Gold's keeping his hand in his shop.

This would also tie into their love of having White family members tell a secret with good intentions and it having fallout. 

I don't know that they'd be okay with trying to make Henry seem like the bad guy, like they've done with Snow and Ava, but I can see them going with Henry finding the dagger, innocently telling someone else, and it having serious consequences for Rumple.

This would also tie into their love of having White family members tell a secret with good intentions and it having fallout. 

I don't know that they'd be okay with trying to make Henry seem like the bad guy, like they've done with Snow and Ava, but I can see them going with Henry finding the dagger, innocently telling someone else, and it having serious consequences for Rumple.

That would be hilarious because you know Regina is not gonna think Henry did anything wrong. I can smell the hypocrisy from here.

• Love 3

You know, we're all assuming that the Hook's hand is the one truth but what if we're wrong? Could they have thrown that in because it was too obvious? Maybe Rumple does travel to San Francisco to find the urn that matches Elsa's urn. Or perhaps by "Charmings" they just meant "Charming" who has to get divorced from Kathryn so he and Mary Margaret can be married in Storybrooke.

So many good, believable ideas on here about the Hook's hand spoiler! I could see most, if not all, of them legitimately happening.

Given what Colin said about Hook liking the pirate/bad boy aspect of himself, I may now be leaning toward the "only possession, not reattachment" theory. Given that he's given up his ship and he's soon to give up his iconic outfit, I can see Hook wanting to keep the hook as his last outward vestige of the person he's been for 300 years -- at least for now. He's had an awful lot of change in a short amount of time, so it stands to reason it could be almost like a security blanket, in a weird sort of way, a symbol that he's not lost everything that made him HIM for so long.

But I can't ignore the costuming factor, either, and how much easier a two-handed Hook would make it for outfits and writing. That's got to be tempting from a logistics standpoint.

That's a good theory but then who can be that person. Jared said he would like for Henry to spend some time with Hook so that means they are not going to spend time together in the first episodes so he can't tell him about the dagger and I can't imagine Emma and Regina letting him spend time with the new people in town so that leave Snow, Charming, Emma, Regina and someone like Red, Granny or maybe Robin. Can you imagine Granny blackmailing Rumple? I would love that!

About Hook's hand, if they are going to give it back to him I just hope it's in a way that make sense, so please no blackmail.

Given that he's given up his ship and he's soon to give up his iconic outfit, I can see Hook wanting to keep the hook as his last outward vestige of the person he's been for 300 years -- at least for now.

At the same time, it would give the actor a lot to work with if he suddenly loses all the outward signs of who he is (ship, clothes, hook). He's already feeling displaced and now he's lost his outer mask. How does Hook deal with that? How does he redefine who he is? It's not only a fish out of water (which hasn't bothered him much up until now), it's a fish in the frying pan.  They can actually deal with him mourning the loss of his Hook while others are all "WTF? Who mourns the loss of an old-fashioined limb replacement compared to getting their real hand? What is wrong with you?". Plus, Hook will suddenly find himself without a weapon.  Anyway, it gives him a non-Emma related story (unless she gives it back to him and then is hurt by his unsureness about it).

• Love 2
(edited)

Jennifer says that reading the scripts she's been really touched by how Emma has someone who understands her (Elsa) who isn't family, and is her first friend. I'm glad she clarified that it's something actually happening and not wishful thinking! So excited for their friendship.

I also think she kind of implies that Anna is in SB too.

Edited by Serena

At the same time, it would give the actor a lot to work with if he suddenly loses all the outward signs of who he is (ship, clothes, hook). He's already feeling displaced and now he's lost his outer mask. How does Hook deal with that? How does he redefine who he is?

Yes, that could be really, really good, emotional drama. Though with this show, that means it'll be a 12-second scene.

It would certainly give him and Emma some major issues, since they'd both be going through the same sort of existential crises at the same time, while starting a relationship to boot.

I suspect this is all going to play out deeper, richer and better in fanfic, sadly.

• Love 1

Wild speculation time! They never actually said it was his left hand he gets back. He could somehow lose the other hand and that freshly lost hand gets reattached. Okay, I don't think that's really going to happen, because Hook losing both hands would just be too much misery and too hard to watch, but I do think there's for sure a trick involved. Kitsis dropped that spoiler so casually and deliberately.

Or perhaps by "Charmings" they just meant "Charming" who has to get divorced from Kathryn so he and Mary Margaret can be married in Storybrooke.

They said Snow and Charming, sorry. Unless we get flashback Snow and Charming divorcing between their two weddings!

I feel like they wouldn't just throw that out there unless there's a big twist to it.  Also, I wouldn't past them to give 3 lies.

Going back to the Anna/Elsa clip, I honestly have zero problems with it.  I don't really see what everyone else sees, I guess.  Anna seems subdued in a way that makes sense for visiting their parents graves.  The sisterly vibe seems fine to me.  IDK, I'm not seeing the bad that everyone else is. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I feel like they wouldn't just throw that out there unless there's a big twist to it. Also, I wouldn't past them to give 3 lies.

Yes, that's a big spoiler to just thow it like that. I think that maybe Henry finds the hand, he imagines its Hook's and he gives it back to him, and he just keeps it as a reminder of who he was.

Or maybe it's something that is going to happen but in the future (4b or even season 5), so it's technically true but it's not going to happen yet.

Anyway, whatever it is would be solved in a 10 seconds scene between the Frozen flashbacks and Regina's tears.

I'm the only one who doesn't like that it seems that Anna and Kristoff have been living in Storybrooke all the time? I was hoping that they, or at least Anna, will be missing and that Emma, Hook and Charming will help Elsa to find them. But if they are already in Storybrooke when Elsa arrives, I think it's a lost oportunity for some fun and adventure, something this show really needs.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Anyway, whatever it is would be solved in a 10 seconds scene between the Frozen flashbacks and Regina's tears.

OMG, that's it, Regina's tears have hand-regrowing light-magic powers! [/snark]

• Love 2

My theory on Hook's hand is that Henry finds it and he and Belle confront Gold with it and find out it's Hook's. Henry asks Gold to magically re-attach it but Gold refuses. Then Belle takes out her fake dagger and commands him to re-attach it, claiming it's the right thing to do. Faced with the choice of being found out by Belle to have lied about the dagger or give back Hook's hand, he grudgingly does the latter.

• Love 1
(edited)
Yes, that's a big spoiler to just thow it like that.

But we didn't get a lot of fanfare for the spoiler about somebody dying and that was actually massive. (Matt made a bit of a deal over it since it was his scoop) Hook is adept with his hook, losing the hook won't have a much of an impact on the daily goings on of everybody compared to the impact of Neal dying. It should have a big impact on the character.

OMG, that's it, Regina's tears have hand-regrowing light-magic powers!

She's Rapunzel!

I'm the only one who doesn't like that it seems that Anna and Kristoff have been living in Storybrooke all the time?

I can tolerate Kristoff being there (whatever. Dude's kind of a recluse, so I can see him going unnoticed - though, if he's running the ice cream store next to Grannie's, it's a little harder to believe he went unnoticed).

But Anna? If Elsa goes all ice-cray and freezes the town/attacks the town with an ice monster because she loses control of her emotions when her sister is missing, but her sister is busy sitting in a store in main street, that will just be silly. Anna should be missing. If Elsa is unleashing an icenado on the city to get revenge on Rumple who urned her up, she is a villain.  Of course, given these writers, they probably think she's justified (they seem to think that Regina is the victim).

Please, writers, give us a reasonable reason why Elsa freezes the town. We have reached our capacity for feeling sympathy for sociopathic monsters when their victims don't want to eat their lasagne.

Faced with the choice of being found out by Belle to have lied about the dagger or give back Hook's hand, he grudgingly does the latter.

But being Rumple where the devil is in the details of the deal, he puts the hand on backward so Whale has to amputate it again.

Edited by kili
  • Love 3

I really hope Hook doesn't get his hand back for good this season (if it is only for a few episodes for whatever reason, that's fine). If he gets his hand back now that he is going to be dating Emma, and taking into consideration Emma's ableist remark in 3B, it doesn't send a good message. Maybe it's just the logistics of wearing a hook in modern clothes, but surely the wardrobe department can work around it? There were some episodes on S2 where Hook was not wearing his leather coat at all, and was wearing only his long-sleeved shirt and vest. If they keep in jackets when outside, and put him in long sleeves in internal shots, they probably can make it work. Also, if he gets his hand back in Season 4, what will they do for the remaining 5 seasons? :-p

• Love 1
(edited)

I am 100% fine either way on Hook's hand. I kind of thought he might get it back at some point since we've seen it sitting around Rumple's shop, but this seems a bit too soon to me. But I can also see the rich dramatic/emotional potential, too.

In the two-lies-and-a-truth, RC said Rumple would do a dagger switch. Since he's already done that once, I'm gonna guess that he switches it back so Belle has the real one after the blackmail incident -- at least for awhile.

Edited by Souris
If he gets his hand back now that he is going to be dating Emma, and taking into consideration Emma's ableist remark in 3B, it doesn't send a good message.

It is great that the show has a character that makes no big deal about his disability, but it is also a show about magic where these sorts of issues can be magcially solved. It can almost become unrealistic if they are not solved. It's like if Luke Skywalker went around missing his hand after Vadar cut if off (in a land full of robots).

Even in our world you can get a new hand (though it is very risky and requires anti-rejection drugs) and re-attaching your own arm is even easier (not easy, but common enough if the appendage was cut off relatively cleanly and the surgery can be done in a timely fashion).

Emma's comment was unfortunate. These writers do treat it as a bit of a running joke so we are going to continue to get those kind of comments ("I can count on one hand" - "Is that a joke?", "Do you want to lose the other hand?", "One handed pirate with a drinking problem", etc). Maybe it is better to give him back his hand.

If the logistics and storylines work with him getting his hand, I'll go with it.

• Love 1

I think I could accept Hook getting his hand back if I at least get a couple more scenes of him using it to twirl Emma's hair, or doing other fun things like using it to prevent Sneezy from sneezing. Also, I need a scene where we actually see what his arm looks like without any attachments. But I feel like we still need more from Hook's end with him realizing he wants his hand back, because so far, we've actually seen that he enjoys his hook and it isn't a hindrance for him. Why would he want something back that he hasn't missed?

(Sorry, not sure if this discussion should move to Hook's thread or not...)

We saw his arm without the hook in S2, in the hospital scene. Without context, it's hard to see how this scenario will play out, but if he does get his hand back, I don't want him to get it back in S4! 

I don't disagree, but if the show tries to pretend that Elsa's parents locking her up because they're morons is totally the same thing as Snow and Charming sending Emma away to save her life, I will flip a table. I really need the show to stop pretending like Snow and Charming a) are at fault for what happened to Emma and b) didn't do the best possible thing for her.

I'm loling that one of Emilie de Ravin's was "You see me wearing flats." Hee. Also, Colin O is so bad at this game it's hilarious! And I died laughing when Lana just deadpanned "Regina's a man." Bwah!

I don't think it has to be about Snowing and Elsa's parents at all really for the comparison to work. What matters is that Emma and Elsa feel enough similarities in their feelings about it to be able to bond over it. What happened hurt them. Focusing on all the reasons their parents weren't wrong can have a minimizing effect on that. There is no good way for Emma to address that with Snowing but maybe with Elsa she can.

I think a factor in the dagger conversation is how Henry reacts to Regina's love drama. Henry just saw Regina for the first time for real in a year. I can completely see him being all about Regina right now. I'm not saying he is going to say Emma is wrong, just that he is going to be more focused on Regina. That could be how he ends up at Gold's shop- he wants to and Regina isn't going to say no at this point. Combine Emma's guilt and voila, Henry works for Gold. From there, you combine Gold and Regina's influence and Henry being a preteen and he may cause more trouble than predicted.

I don't like the idea of Hook getting his hand back. It just feels lazy. I understand all the practical reasons to do it with costuming but I don't like this idea at all. Does Hook know that Gold has his hand in the shop? If not, that could be secondary to the blackmail. Henry finds the dagger, tells someone who uses it to get what they want, Hook finds out about his hand and does something pirate-y to get his hand back. The only real reason I think Henry may be doing the blackmailing is because 1) him working at the pawn shop it so random given their past interactions and 2) I think most of the adults would know that if you have the dagger, blackmail is really not needed to get what you want. Henry may not actually know what he has like say, Regina or Hook would.

• Love 1

Yeah, my money is on this being BS or not at all what it seems. Adam and Eddie are massive trolls and I don't see them dropping a massive spoiler like that if it was that straight-forward. 

• Love 2
(edited)

2 Lies & 1 Truth with the cast! That's a fun way to give spoilers.

Here is something Robert needs to learn.  Really bad to give people ideas when episode 5 hasn't been filmed.  Really should have safeguarded himself with you see Mr.  Gold in a gold speedo in the season premiere.

Swapping the knife must mean that the blackmailer gets the knife at some point and there is a trade or Rumple swaps it back to try to fool Belle when the truth comes out.

I think A&E are either flat out lying or its the magic of editing and the piece was cut as if A&E only got three total not three each to get attention.  No way is Hook getting his hand back.

But I must admit that my first reaction was its like the 'Thing' from The Addam's Family.  Best of both worlds.  Hook keeps his hook but can reattach while in modern clothes then detach while in "still a pirate" mode.  I would pay money to see Hook randomly detach his hand to run around on fingertips to grope Emma in Granny's Diner while he watches across the room.  A better reason for keeping their relationship private for a while and a better payoff than to avoid hurting Regina's feelings.

Edited by ParadoxLost

I'm gradually catching up on all the ComicCon videos and related spoilers after being out of town and stuck with crappy hotel WiFi.

Colin said in one of the CC interviews something like, "People have to remember that he is still and always will be a pirate," so I wonder if their unaligned moral compasses might cause some friction early on.

But didn't they devote an episode last season to him telling Emma "you can't go back" after he tried to go back to piracy and realized it didn't work for him anymore? So if he realized he couldn't go back and hates what he once was enough that he punched himself, how does that fit the idea of always being a pirate? I can see how it's not like you can just flip a switch because old habits die hard, but I really don't want him doing Reginaesque flip-flops -- he's a pirate again! No, wait, he's not! Oops, now he is again!

Re: That interview:

Holy shit, that person came out firing!!! Emilie de Ravin's face!
Maybe, just maybe, this will wind its way to Adam&Eddie's ears?

I want to note that while I was out of town, I was not in San Diego and I was not the interviewer, even though it did sound a lot like so many of my posts. But she forgot to mention that he killed his last wife in her reasoning why the Rumple/Belle relationship has a strong potential for domestic violence. This all does make me wonder if there's anything he could do that Belle couldn't forgive. They were talking about Rumple actually being the devil, but then they don't seem to be trying to say that Belle is delusional. If the dagger deception is the tipping point for her, then what does it say about her that she didn't have a problem with all the other things he's done (and is still doing), but then can't tolerate him lying to her?

Poor Colin, you could see the gears turning in his head with him trying to find a truth that wouldn't get him yelled at by Adam and Eddy.

Seriously! You could just about read every single thought that went through his head, to the point I bet we could get a ton of spoilers by doing intense analysis of the series of expressions that crossed his face. There's a photo collage just waiting to be made from that clip. And meanwhile he turns redder and redder. I don't think I've ever seen blushing that shows up so well on camera before.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Colin meant Hook isn't ever going to be a Charming or Snow. Doesn't make him a bad guy though. I could see him throwing Grumpy to the wolves to save Emma, that kind of thing. I would put Hook under chaotic neutral whereas Snow would 100% be lawful good and I think that's what he kind of meant. Not that he would be flip flopping.

I don't like Rumbelle but I wouldn't call it "domestic violence" or abusive relationship. That makes Belle too much of a victim and puts the entire onus on Rumple. It's more Belle is one of those women who fall in love with Jack the Ripper and weave fantasies of being able to change him. Maybe a piece of that chipped cup flew up her nose and embedded itself in her brain. But all of this just takes the oomph out of the fake dagger story cause the end result is telegraphed before it even starts. Belle forgives Rumple and tells him he has a good heart.

Edited by Jean
  • Love 1
(edited)
Re: the hand thing -- looking at these stills has reminded me how super effing creepy the fact that Rumple keeps it around is.

The hand and the puppets always make me shiver. Yikes. Way to keep a trophy of killing your wife, Rumple. I wonder what Belle thought about dusting that hand for all these years? Who knew people with "good hearts" decorated with hands?

Anyway, it is there to reattach or give back to the owner. What would I do with my perfectly preserved hand if the person who cut it off decided to return it to me? I'm thinking a burial.

Edited by kili
But I feel like we still need more from Hook's end with him realizing he wants his hand back, because so far, we've actually seen that he enjoys his hook and it isn't a hindrance for him. Why would he want something back that he hasn't missed?

Taking this to the Hook thread, since we're getting into character stuff and speculation rather than actual spoilers.

I don't like Rumbelle but I wouldn't call it "domestic violence" or abusive relationship.

I don't think it's currently abusive, but the relationship has a number of red flags that tend to indicate the potential for the relationship to become abusive. You can pretty much go down the "Dear Abby" checklist of relationship danger signs. He just hasn't hurt her physically yet (unless you count him holding her prisoner in the early stages of the relationship).

I had a wacky thought regarding David's supposed past friendship that changed the course of his life plus the mention of the swordfighting injury from filming. What if the surprising friend wasn't Kristoff but was Hans? David did take to swordfighting pretty quickly and easily after stepping into his twin's life, so maybe he learned it earlier in life from someone who'd have that kind of training. That could also have been the turning point that kept him from turning into a jerk like his brother, if he hung around someone like that and then something bad happened and he saw the consequences and it turned his life around -- that "I don't want to be that guy" moment. I'm not quite sure how a prince and a farmboy would have met, but I could probably come up with about a dozen possible scenarios before morning.

• Love 1
(edited)
But didn't they devote an episode last season to him telling Emma "you can't go back" after he tried to go back to piracy and realized it didn't work for him anymore? So if he realized he couldn't go back and hates what he once was enough that he punched himself, how does that fit the idea of always being a pirate? I can see how it's not like you can just flip a switch because old habits die hard, but I really don't want him doing Reginaesque flip-flops -- he's a pirate again! No, wait, he's not! Oops, now he is again!

Word, Shanna Marie. I hope they remember that they established his "you can't go back" feeling. I mean, that was a big deal.

They are going to be filming in Burnaby's Central Park tomorrow. Last season, they filmed some Prince Charming and Princess Leia (prison garb) scenes there.

Urgh, they're going pretty much 24 hours until 5 a.m. Is this somewhere bystanders will be able to take pics?

Do we know for sure that Charming's friend is Frozen-related? I can't remember in all this flurry of spoilers and speculation. If not, it could be Will.

Edited by Souris

We don't know anything about Will before he joined Robin Hood's gang, do we? He could easily have been someone farmboy David knew. Not sure how he would have changed or influenced David, though, unless the backstory of the drowned sister plays into it -- he got his hero complex from not being able to save his friend's sister?

• Love 1
Urgh, they're going pretty much 24 hours until 5 a.m. Is this somewhere bystanders will be able to take pics?

Last time they didn't get pictures of the filming, but going to and from the vehicles/campers is where we got those pictures of Hook in his brown coat and Emma in her prison garb.  The park is in the middle of an urban area, so people will probably be hanging about.

If not, it could be Will.

That's a really interesting idea. Will Scarlet was the best swordsman of Robin's gang which would explain Charming's puzzling sudden skill with the sword. Plus, since the actor filmed that bit with Ginny for comiccon, it must have been filmed in the week prior. Will could very well be the other person in that sword fight that injured Josh.

• Love 2

Or maybe Shepherd Charming is getting attacked by Regina's knights (we saw one in costume during the Skype call) for some reason and Will rescues him. If Regina has control of her knights, that would place the flashbacks somewhere between Fruit of the Poisonous Tree and The Shepherd. We know from a flashback on OUaT in Wonderland that Cinderella was married or about to be married when Will and Ana went to Wonderland, and that's later in the pre-Curse timeline so there's plenty of time for WIll to meet Shepherd David. I think they stated that Will had only been with the Merry Men for a short time when he stole the looking glass from Maleficent. I believe his sister died when he was younger, but I do think the frozen lake will somehow be Elsa's doing from the first time she lost her powers.

We don't know anything about Will before he joined Robin Hood's gang, do we? He could easily have been someone farmboy David knew. Not sure how he would have changed or influenced David, though, unless the backstory of the drowned sister plays into it -- he got his hero complex from not being able to save his friend's sister?

To the best of my recollection from Once: Wonderland -- and I'm sure I've forgotten some things -- all we really know is that he had the sister who drowned in the frozen lake, he was poor so Ana's horrid mother didn't approve of him, and he was a thief. He was only in the Merry Men briefly as a scam, really, in order to steal the Looking Glass from Maleficent's castle so he and Ana could get to Wonderland. There's a ton of room where they could fit in a friendship with David. I'm not sure how Will would have learned sword-fighting, but again with the ton of narrative room.

You make a good point and I agree on the flip-flopping for sure. But even though he doesn't relish the selfishness of the pirate lifestyle as he did before, and he has definitely become more empathetic towards others in general, I think there are still shades of grey there. For instance, he felt bad about not saving Eric/helping Ariel, but I don't think he felt bad about feeding Blackbeard to the sharks. Or even even continuing to treat Smee like crap.

I think Hook probably holds Gold in about the same esteem as he does Blackbeard or Smee. Again, I don't think he'd blackmail him for shits and giggles. But if he knew Gold had already done a bad thing by switching the daggers, and then Emma (or Henry) was in danger or there was something they could substantially gain from Gold, I think he might consider blackmail the "right" thing to do.

In one of the CC interviews, Colin actually said something about Hook trying to do the right thing, but inadvertently doing the wrong thing in the process (a bit like him trying to stop Henry leaving town in 3.19, I guess, though I don't think that played out on screen as the writers intended). I think this is exactly the kind of situation where something like that might play out.

• Love 1
(edited)

Re: the hand thing -- looking at these stills has reminded me how super effing creepy the fact that Rumple keeps it around is. I hope Henry does find it and then I hope he realises how completely warped his grandfather is and gets the hell out of there. 

See I am hoping that Henry goes on one of his do-gooders rants and missions and starts returning all the items to the people they belong to.  Emma will get her unicorn mobile,  Hook gets his sword and hand (not re-attached), Gephetto gets his parents, etc. 

Frankly Belle should have been returning items while Rumple was gone.  She is so the gangster's moll.

ETA:

The hand is pretty front and center in the Crocodile as well IIRC.  I was wondering if we would see it in the season 3 finale at Rumple's castle.

Shanna Marie, on 29 Jul 2014 - 6:40 PM, said:

But Hook can't go back to being Lt Killian Jones.  Too much has happened to him to be that idealistic and proper.  I don't think Hook is going back to piracy, but he will have an edge and may do some shady things.  I think that is a good thing and keeps him interesting.  I wonder if he hated who he was prior to becoming Hook and consumed by revenge. 

Edited by kitticup
  • Love 4
Frankly Belle should have been returning items while Rumple was gone.  She is so the gangster's moll.

Ugh, it would have been such a nice little moment, with a lot of narrative/comedic potential! But it's clear the writers don't care about character moments and continuity anymore, if they ever did.

• Love 1

In this interview, the 2 Lies and 1 Truth interviewer (I like her - can we keep her?) asks Colin about his new wardrobe and then slips in a question about keeping his hook (I'm betting she interviewed him after Adam and Eddie). He gets fairly flustered (although, she did ask him about his "tiny hand" which is his real hand which may have caused the reaction). I don't know if he gives the game away with his vague answer, getting flustered and his nervous eyes (they are almost textbook "lying eyes" at times when he answers questions).